Ratings: DWTS, Broke Girls, Mike & Molly and Five-0 Hit Season Highs, Revolution Finale Rises

Hawaii Five-0 Hits Season 3 Ratings HighOn a night when all but one original broadcast program (sorry, Blair!) enjoyed a week-to-week gain, a slew of them hit season highs. Let’s plainly list those lucky Monday shows, if only to save me from clunky and repetitive transitional text:

* Dancing With the Stars‘ final performance show of the all-star season delivered 16 million total viewers and a 2.6 demo rating, up 12 and 8 percent.

* Buoyed by a robust repeat lead-in (Big Bang‘s 9 mil/3.2), 2 Broke Girls (11.7 mil/4.0) surged 20 and 18 percent.

* Likewise, Mike & Molly (11.25 mil/3.6) packed on more than 20 percent.

* Hawaii Five-0 capped CBS’ strong night with 10.1 million viewers and a 2.3, up 12 percent and a tenth.

And them, folks, be your season highs. Elsewhere:

* How I Met Your Mother, with 8.8 mil and a 3.4, was up 17 percent.

RELATED | Michael Slezak’s The Voice Recap: Eight Too Proud to Beg

* The Voice (12.2 mil/4.2) rebounded 14 percent from last week’s season low, edging out Broke Girls for the demo win. Revolution‘s fall finale targeted 8.7 mil/2.9, rising 24 and 12 percent. See you in March! Late March.

RELATED | Revolution Midseason Finale Recap: Was Brotherly Love — or War — Found in Philly?

* Bones (8 mil/2.3) rose 11 and 15 percent, drawing its largest audience since the season opener and best rating since Sept. 24. The Mob Doctor (4 mil/1.2) in turn saw gains of 30 percent.

* Leading out of DWTS, ABC’s double-pump of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition averaged about 5.6 mil and a 1.3, besting only Gossip Girl and Mob Doc.

* 90210, with 1.03 mil and a 0.5, rose 32 and 25 percent, while Gossip Girl (846K/0.4) was flat in the demo.

What were you tuned into this Monday night?

1. John says:

David Lyons’ performance deserves critical acclaim. The show had an ace up its sleeve. What a truly fantastic, memorable episode of Revolution. Can’t wait for FOUR frickin’ months after that finale which had two cliffhangers!

2. meem says:

Why do these serial shows take such long hiatuses? LOST did that, and the lost ME. Who wants to wait almost 4 months? That’s longer than the summer break. Why get involved in a show like that when you know it’s going to just STOP and leave you hanging for months on end? The genius of 24 was that they NEVER did that. Started in January, and went for 22-24 straight weeks.

Goodbye, Revolution, I’m not so into you that I’m gonna wait around for 4 months. I’ll find something new to watch.

3. Michelle says:

It was helpful that the MNF game was such a dud. My poor Eagles. ;)

4. ScrubsGuy says:

Any news on Castle?

• ollie says:

no castle last night they had xtreme makeover home last night . thats probable why h50 was up last night and thats not a slam against h50.

5. Susan says:

It is obvious that all the Castle viewers checked out H50 because Castle was not on. But the Castle viewers are a loyal fan base and will return to Castle. The question is will the Revolution viewers return to H50 when Revolution goes away for 4 months? Revolution going on hiatus just shows why NBC is failing as a network. They need to let Revolution go a full season and end with a cliffhanger in May. Right now it has by far the best demo of the three as Castle and H50 have poor demos. Also, the networks usually put on repeats and Xmas shows during this next month so I believe the ratings will be useless until January. Then the ratings will be interesting again when Revolution returns on March 25. H50 already has a season 4 secured because of the TNT deal so I don’t know why its fans even worry. Worry next season.

• POIFanatic says:

If NBC lets Revolution go on till May, we would have to endure lots of repeats and breaks which would hinder its growth. I hate the hiatus, but I’m being practical. The writers can focus on how they did a fantastic job this episode and go on improving it as a whole during the hiatus. When it comes back near the end of March, it’ll run uninterrupted till May anyway. We can just think of the coming second half of the season as season 2 if we want and be reasonably okay with it. Only problem is, as you said, will the viewers to the show after 4 long months!

• Susan says:

That is the big question. Did they have Revolution on long enough that the viewers will return 4 months later? I believe it is a quality show and deserves to continue.

6. tp says:

Necessary Roughness has been picked up!!! YES!!!

7. tp says:

I’m watching H5-0 right now and I have to say Vanessa Marcil, while still pretty, is starting to age badly. I can’t really put it into words but her face looked funny. Watching reruns of Las Vegas is messing with my mind I guess. I think she still looks pretty though.

• lingy300 says:

I said the same thing when I saw her….agreed still pretty but no where near where she was on Las Vegas…

• Dee says:

OMG!! Marcil looks like crap!!! Seriously, she looks horrible. She has lost too much weight, which only makes her look older. Her face looked really saggy. She looks 10 years older than whatever age she actually is.

O’Loughlin, on the other hand is looking might fine!! I’m glad he was able to get back to fightin’ form after his setback.

• tp says:

That’s it!!! Saggy. She’s only 44 but she looks more like 50. She’s always been teeny tiny so that wasn’t a shock to me but her face shocked me. She always looked so good for her age.

8. sarah says:

so great for 90210 and Hawaii Five 0!

9. JohnnySueded says:

I’m glad Revolution is over for a while. I kept wanting to stop watching because of the hokey writing and acting, but every week the fight/action scenes (and E. Mitchell) kept me coming back. Hoping I’ll forget about it in 4 months and stop watching.

10. Mike says:

Five O is the best cop show on TV, hands down…

11. Britta Unfiltered says:

I watched Dancing with the Stars. It’s my only reality show I’m allowed to watch. I wasn’t that impressed with the freestyles. I know Shawn is probably going to win just because she’s a pert blonde who can do gymnastics power flips, but I’m really pulling for the ever graceful Melissa. She and Tony have been a lot of fun to watch this season. After that, I finally saw the season finale of Treme. It wasn’t bad. SPOILER*****
    I was so glad to see Toni and Terry finally give in to their chemistry after three years of dancing around each other.

12. Nero theTVFiddler says:

Regarding the CBS 8:30pm slot – ‘message received’. I miss Partners, but I gotta face facts – the numbers that a repeat of Big Bang can produce really do help out 2 Broke Girls at 9pm. I bet CBS will be tempted to keep running Big Bang/2.5 Men re-runs at 8:30pm for as long as they can; once Rules and/or ‘Friend Me’ arrives on the schedule, they need to produce quickly, otherwise, back to more re-runs of Big Bang.

13. Renee says:

Don’t laugh. Mob Doctor is getting good. Its like the little engine that could of a show. Jump in now or just watch the last 2 episodes to catch up. Jennifer Beals is awesome. Michael Madsen stars in it next week.