What to Watch Tuesday: Rizzoli and Leverage Return, Dancing's All-Star Finale, Grinch and More

On TV this Tuesday: Criminals and creeps better watch out, because Rizzoli & Isles and Leverage are back in action. Also, Dancing With the Stars names its top All-Star, Raising Hope does a walk for the runs and all the Whos down in Whoville (again) wonder How the Grinch Stole Christmas. As a supplement to TVLine’s original features (linked within), here are 10 programs to keep on your radar.

2 pm General Hospital (ABC) | Here’s an early holiday gift for the Port Charles faithful: Kassie DePaiva returns to the ABC soap so Blair can mix it up with Todd & Co.

PREVIEW | NCIS Favorite Coté de Pablo Weighs In on the Team’s New Dynamic Duo, ‘The Year of Tiva’ and an ‘Interesting’ Ziva Twist

8 pm How the Grinch Stole Christmas (ABC) | Your heart just might grow three sizes while watching this Dr. Seuss yuletide classic. (And if you’re in the mood for more animated fun, stick around for Shrek the Halls at 8:30 pm.)

8 pm Raising Hope (Fox) | The Chance family decides to take part in the Angry Bowel Syndrome 1K walk to combat the disorder that afflicted Jimmy when he was a child. That ’70s Show‘s Wilmer Valderrama returns as Ricardo.

RELATED | Ben and Kate‘s Geoff Stults on Finding His Funny, How Long He’ll Stay and What’s Next

9 pm Dancing With the Stars: All-Stars (ABC) | Season finale: Kelly, Shawn or Melissa – who’s going to take home the Mirrorball Trophy tonight? (Log your prediction in the comments!)

9 pm Rizzoli & Isles (TNT) | Winter premiere: When Angela and Stanley come under suspicion after a man eating in the Division 1 Café dies of poisoning, Jane must work quickly to figure out what went down.

9 pm Emily Owens, M.D. (The CW) | Before Tyra can come out to her father, she receives shocking news.

9 pm Go On (NBC) | Olympic Gold Medalist Misty May-Treanor, guest-starring as herself, thinks inviting Ryan to play beach volleyball with her and her friends will help him get back in the dating game. (It’s what Lauren might call “the power of positive thinking” and what I might call “a surefire way for Ryan to eat sand.”)

RELATED | Go On Recruits Olympian Shaun White

10 pm Leverage (TNT) | Winter premiere: No matter the Costco, Nate and the crew set out to stop a big-box megastore from destroying a small town. Brigid Brannah (Army Wives) guest-stars as their impressively indefatigable mark.

10 pm Sons of Anarchy (FX) | Jax makes arrangements to take the club in a different direction.

10 pm Vegas (CBS) | Rizzo hires Savino’s ex-mistress Diane Desmond as the Savoy’s new lounge singer; Ralph, Jack and Dixon share jurisdiction with the military when clues from a murder lead them to an Air Force base.

Which of the above is must-see for you? Also, hit the comments to offer your own tune-in suggestions.

Comments (56)

• Shawn and Derek for DWTS All Stars win! I’ve looked forward to their routines every week and they never disappoint!

Comment by Ashley – November 27, 2012 07:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. Shawn has improved so much over her first season when she should not have won. This season she deserves it. I really like Tony, but if I never see Melissa Rycroft on my tv again, it will be way too soon.

Comment by Sable – November 27, 2012 05:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Melissa and Tony FTW!!! Come on, Kelly is great at emoting and Shawn has the technical prowess of a gymnast (oh wait…), but when it comes to overall dance ability, Melissa is the clear winner. Anything else will be a travesty. Not really, but she deserves it the most for being consistent and not self-indulgent (*cough* Derek *cough*).

Comment by kellen – November 27, 2012 07:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I really, really want Team Tony to win tonight. It’s their time. It’s theirs to lose, really. I was happy clapping last night. So happy for them.

I love Val and Kelly, so if Team Tony doesn’t win, I want Team Velly to win. Derek has won a few times all ready, and Shawn has won before, so it would be greedy and unfair if they won tonight. :-)

Comment by Lilly – November 27, 2012 07:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Team Tolissa? I can’t decide what to call them that sounds less weird, so Team Tony it is!

Comment by Lilly – November 27, 2012 07:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m glad someone else out there thinks the same way as me. :)

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – November 27, 2012 02:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I can easily see her winning. And I’d be okay with that-as she and Tony both noted, they’ve never won the trophy before, so it’d be really nice for them to get it this time. I really like Shawn, too (and it’d be kinda cool to see a fellow Iowan win :D), but I can definitely understand the gripes surrounding Derek, and unfortunately I think their first dance, when they did their repeat routine, last night hurt them a bit, ’cause of all the rule-breaking and stuff.
      All three women have done very well on this show, though, so I’ll be fine with the result no matter what, personally

Comment by Angela – November 27, 2012 06:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No Private Practice tonight??? :((((( They tease us with that HORRIBLE preview and there’s no show? ://///

Comment by Barbie Furtado – November 27, 2012 07:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My DVR will be working OT tonight–SOA, Leverage, Vegas.

Comment by suzi – November 27, 2012 07:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sons of Anarchy
    Vegas
    Leverage
    Raising Hope
    New Girl
    Ben and Kate
    Mindy Project
    Go On

Comment by Balaji K – November 27, 2012 07:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m all about some TV, but you need to lay off the shows. We get it balaji, you watch everything. Everyday. You own a DVR. Yeah,yeah,yeah…..Name a favorite and attach a little sentence to it, and you might get a discussion or comment from another TV viewer. People are annoyed at the extra scrolling down we have to do everyday your “cable guide dissertation” comes up.

Comment by Show Overload! – November 27, 2012 07:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Someone is bitter they can’t afford cable and a DVR. Lol.

Comment by Jim – November 27, 2012 07:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Dude, you’re kind of a douche. If Balaji likes television, let Balaji watch as much television as Balaji wants.

Comment by Caro – November 27, 2012 09:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Exactly right. Well said. ;)

Comment by Sally – November 27, 2012 11:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I like how Balaji writes it..much neater.

How lazy do you have to be to be tired of scrolling 2 times more???

Comment by Sara – November 27, 2012 11:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • @Show Overload! – “Name a favorite and attach a little sentence to it, and you might get a discussion or comment from another TV viewer.”

Seems like he didn’t have ANY PROBLEM getting a comment from another TV viewer…

Comment by Simon Jester – November 27, 2012 12:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAY!! NEW LEVERAGE CANT WAIT!!! wouldnt miss it for the world hope you are watching too! if not you don’t know what you are missing!! THE BEST Show on tv!

Comment by mentdijinn – November 27, 2012 07:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hart of Dixie, New Girl and Mindy Project. It’s a night full of awesome ladies.

Comment by adlib19 – November 27, 2012 07:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My list exactly, even though none of those shows warranted a mention in this article.

Comment by Erin – November 27, 2012 08:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hart of Dixie, Emily Owens

Comment by Prue – November 27, 2012 08:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Happy about Blair returning to GH (love that this site is soap friendly). Really hope Shawn wins DWTS, but I will be watching Hart of Dixie and Go On,

Comment by OTB – November 27, 2012 08:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hart of Dixie,Emily Owens,Rizzoli& Isles

Comment by Brandy – November 27, 2012 08:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Leverage!

Comment by MoxieSue – November 27, 2012 08:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Don’t even bother with watching DWtS tonight. From the beginning it was obvious Derek was going to win. That’s why TPTB decided he should be paired with Shawn. I hate when shows are so obviously fixed. I don’t mind staging but not when it’s so transparent as in this case.

Comment by Jinjeon – November 27, 2012 08:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m really rooting for Melissa, but I think you are right. I’ve felt it was staged for Shawn and Derek to win ever since I heard they were paired up before the season started. It was kind of depressing.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – November 27, 2012 02:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • DWTS Finale!!!
    The New Normal
    PARENTHOOD!!!
    Rizzoli and Isles

Comment by Eric – November 27, 2012 08:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Melissa and Tony for the win, they were fabulous!!!! I do like Derek and Shawn, they are show stoppers – but did they dance? – all I saw was a lot of gymnastics……..

Comment by Nancy – November 27, 2012 08:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • can the SoA episode descriptions get any shorter?

Comment by Karin – November 27, 2012 08:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i was thinking the same thing, makes me think something HUGE is coming

Comment by lisa – November 27, 2012 08:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Shawn is great but it’s Melissa’s turn to win!! And love Kelly too so I won’t be sad if she wins!

Comment by Helen – November 27, 2012 08:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m hoping for Melissa and Tony but really any of them would be deserving. :)

Comment by Kim R – November 27, 2012 08:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kelly Monaco FTW. Love her and Val. Serious girl crush on this chick.

Comment by Rebecca – November 27, 2012 08:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am watching Leverage tonight, I was having horrible withdrawls from it. I just hope the ratings are as good since it just moved to Tuesday nights

Comment by jess – November 27, 2012 08:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Shawn may be a gymnast but she is actually also the best technical dancer left. Find interviews with professional ballroom dancers and they all say that she is the most technically proficient and that Derek’s choreography is more complex than the others’. People use the fact that she can do tricks and be so much more entertaining with Derek as an excuse for why she shouldn’t win, which I cannot understand. She has the dancing down and can do so much more beyond that (unlike the others), which is why she should win. Look at her fusion, her tango, her jive- no “tricks” but still fantastic. Shawn and Derek all the way!

Comment by Jess – November 27, 2012 09:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Welcome back, Leverage!! I’ll also be watching Rizzoli & Isles, NCIS and NCIS:LA tonight.

Comment by Justin – November 27, 2012 09:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Go On
    New Girl
    The Mindy Project
    LEVERARGE! One of my favorite shows!
    NCIS
    NCIS: Los Angeles
    I watched The New Normal last night, good episode.

Comment by Blake – November 27, 2012 09:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Balaji, did you change your name to Blake???

Comment by tvline comments overload – November 27, 2012 11:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Show Overload! did you change your name to tvline comments overload???

Listen, pal, listing the shows they plan to watch is what people DO in here, so, get over it, and, if you REALLY don’t like the fact that that’s what people do here, well, then maybe you should go somewhere else?

Comment by Drew – November 27, 2012 01:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Woah, Tvline comments overload/Show Overload. Didn’t you just get scolded just a little higher up? This is what people do here. They list the shows they plan to watch. Did you think no one would find you with your new secret identity but same exact M.O.? What a sad little man. Or woman. I’m not sure if Show Overload is traditionally a male name.

Comment by Blake – November 27, 2012 07:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LEVERAGE! So happy it’s back!!!!!!

Comment by Ali – November 27, 2012 10:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Am I the only one that has had a rough time with SOA this season? I get it… Sutter is a badass. But even in the worst of the worst – sometimes, some days people have a good day. Not one single person on the show this season has had anything positive happen to them. And don’t start with the “it’s an MC and that’s how it is” — I know how it is, this is harder and because of the lack of anything even remotely good — it’s harder to watch.

Comment by H.Houston – November 27, 2012 10:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I so agree with you. Bodies dropping, bullets flying, fists or pipes connecting. I fully expect the DOJ to show up at any time to find out if Charming has a serial killer. Let something good happen to somebody. Charming is a dangerous and depressing town. Love the show but hate the continuous parade of bodies going to the morgue.

Comment by Caren King – November 27, 2012 11:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It has been really hard for me to watch. I have it on the DVR list and I have to force myself to watch it… that makes me sad.

Comment by H.Houston – November 27, 2012 11:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hart Of Dixie
    Emily Owens MD
    The Voice
    Parenthood

DANCING WITH THE STAR!!! GO MELISSA & TONY!

Shawn & Derek do NOT deserve to win… they don’t even follow the rules.

Comment by HEATHER – November 27, 2012 10:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am having a hard time with Shawn and Derek this year as well. But I don’t even really think it’s Shawn. We have seen several times in the promo shots where she is specifically asking Derek why they are breaking the rules. I think Derek is thinking he has the perfect partner to do all of the amazing lifts and tricks because Shawn is just an amazing athlete… but why couldn’t they follow the rules and still be amazing.

Comment by H.Houston – November 27, 2012 10:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • They broke one rule (breaking hold in Quickstep, which Shawn did with Mark the first time around). They aren’t breaking rules every week. Yes, they do things that are more modern and creative and sometimes that doesn’t work but it’s not breaking a rule.

With the exception of Tristan, Mark, & Maks, everyone had a shot to make it to the finals and win. This was one of the most evenly matched seasons because everyone had already been there. I’m so incredibly sick of people saying it was rigged for Derek. I’m happy with any of them winning. I honestly think out of the final 7 these 3 are the best.

Comment by Meg – November 27, 2012 10:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I never said they had it rigged.

They broke the rules in last nights dance – breaking hold and LIFTS. They broke the rules in the trio dance. Earlier in the season Shawn asked Derek why they were breaking the rules because she wanted to win.

I don’t hate them – I think they are amazing dancers. But I think what Len said last night was true… in a finale where they are so incredibly close…. why break the rules when that could literally be the difference between them winning and losing?

Comment by H.Houston – November 27, 2012 10:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Melissa & Tony…sorry to say but Shawn & Derek don’t deserve to win. If anyone else broke the same rules TWICE, they would not have received the scores they did.

Yay, Leverage is back

Comment by Linda – November 27, 2012 11:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • PARENTHOOD

Comment by Sara – November 27, 2012 11:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Thank you!! How could this article not recommend the best family drama on TV? I’ll be watching Parenthood, New Normal, Go On and The Voice.

Comment by Trent – November 27, 2012 04:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Grinch
    Ben & Kate
    Go On
    The New Normal

Comment by nick1372 – November 27, 2012 01:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so sorry I didn’t see this article before I left for work. I would have loved to have recorded How the Grinch Stole Christmas. I get teary eyed every year when I watch that scene where he realizes what Christmas truly means, and you can just see the emotions changing across his face and in his eyes. It’s pretty good emoting for a cartoon. It kinda makes my ice-cold heart grow a few sizes too. It also would have been a good pick-me-up to watch after Sons of Anarchy, because that show is getting hella depressing. Maybe they will rerun it before Christmas and I can catch it then.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – November 27, 2012 03:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Awww, yeah, hope you do get another chance to see it! I enjoyed watching it earlier-it still holds up as one of the most charming Christmas stories ever. It just ain’t Christmastime without the Grinch and the Whos.

Comment by Angela – November 27, 2012 06:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why do you not give a summary of The New Normal?

Comment by Bill – November 27, 2012 04:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NCIS, Emily Owens, and Yay! Rizzoli and Isles, and Yay! Leverage!

Comment by bobbie – November 27, 2012 04:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Leverage is my absolute Must See for tonight.

Comment by Sable – November 27, 2012 05:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post