Arrow Recruits Once Upon a Time's David Anders

Get More: Casting News

On Once Upon a Time, David Anders created a monster. On Arrow, he’ll play one.

The Alias alum will appear as a nasty criminal in an upcoming episode of The CW’s action drama, Zap2it reports.

RELATEDArrow Scores True Blood‘s Janina Gavankar

Anders’ character, Cyrus Vanch, will arrive in Starling City fresh off a prison sentence. When the police can’t get the career baddie off the streets, Laurel will call on Arrow — which is precisely what Vanch wants. In a bid to become the leader of all of the city’s unsavory characters, Vanch will attempt to take Arrow down for good.

The actor, who also had a recurring role on The Vampire Diaries, will appear in this season’s Episode 13.

Comments (31)

• What a fine casting choice, CW.

You done good.

Comment by Julia – November 27, 2012 09:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It helps that both shows film in Vancouver :)

Comment by Deej – November 27, 2012 09:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The show still needs to into Arrow’s “Lex Luthor”. But who is that? Brick? Speaking of Luthor, would that be the character Barrowman is playing?

Comment by Michael Sacal – November 27, 2012 09:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Vertigo is the villain, and Seth Gabel is going to play him.

Amazing cast, Arrow :D

Comment by iriel – November 27, 2012 09:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Vertigo as Arrow’s ultimate “Joker-style” nemesis? I’m not sold on that, but it could work.

Comment by Michael Sacal – November 27, 2012 09:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I keep coming back to Barrowman being Ra’s Al-Ghul. I know he’s (major) Batman villain. In the comics, Merlyn is one of his League of Assassins. The name “Tempest” just sounds like him and it isn’t the first time Barrowman has played an immortal…

Comment by Joshua Davis – November 27, 2012 12:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Tempest is also the second superhero name Aqualad went by.

Comment by Michael Sacal – November 27, 2012 01:00 PM PDT
    • It’s going to be Tommy Merlyn, Ollie’s BFF. Eventually. Slow burn, like Lex and Clark on Smallville.

Comment by Michelle – November 27, 2012 10:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Barrowman bald… I don’t think I can un-visualize that image.

Comment by Emily – November 27, 2012 10:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll second that

Comment by Blake – November 27, 2012 09:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Didn’t mean to second that. Meant to second fine casting choice.

Comment by Blake – November 27, 2012 09:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awsome casting. Loved him as Sark

Comment by Patricia – November 27, 2012 09:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Damn, Arrow’s got a good casting director, they get the finest actors!

Comment by Dominique – November 27, 2012 09:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m getting kinda sick of this guy
    He’s been in: The Vampire Diaries, Once Upon a Time, Alias, Heroes, 24 and now Arrow.
    He is not even that talented or good looking

Comment by Luke – November 27, 2012 09:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • What?? I loved Sark on Alias. I haven’t been paying attention to anything else, but I thought he was excellent there.

Comment by Emily – November 27, 2012 10:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Have to start watching Arrow now. :)

Comment by Cat – November 27, 2012 09:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He was such an awesome villian as Mr. Sark on Alias. I love him when he plays evil, so this episode will likely be my favorite of the season.

Comment by Caro – November 27, 2012 09:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He’ll always be the guy from Heroes who was in ancient China to me. I like him.

Comment by POIFanatic – November 27, 2012 09:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Excellent news!

Comment by Michelle – November 27, 2012 10:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Could he be playing Natas, working with Deathstroke, Constantine Drakon, and other supervvillains?

Comment by ChuckieChk – November 27, 2012 10:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wait, I get Seth Gabel AND David Anders, along with the shirtless goodness of Stephen Amell??? Thank you, Santa Claus!

Comment by Beth – November 27, 2012 11:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome choice. Love doctor whale on once and am glad to see this guy in something else.

Comment by Zorkel567 – November 27, 2012 12:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Damnit, he and Lincoln Lee are going to be on this show? I suppose I should start watching then.

Comment by Bk – November 27, 2012 01:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow nice he’s showing up on all my favorite shows.

Comment by Jon – November 27, 2012 03:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hooray! I really love all the roles that David Anders chooses.

Comment by Heather – November 27, 2012 04:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Anders as a villain, but I sure hope he goes back to his roots and breaks out his British accent again. I know he’s not British, but to me he sounds weird with his regular American accent.

Comment by Samantha – November 27, 2012 05:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • well i gave up on arrow but i am going to have to tune in again for him!! I loved him on Alias.

Comment by Shadester – December 5, 2012 04:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post