The Voice Leaderboard: Who's Got Momentum From the Season 3 Top 8? Take Our Poll!

There are only 23 shopping days till The Voice‘s Season 3 finale, which means the eight remaining vocalists have likely got visions of major-label record deals dancing in their heads.

Before those dreams can become a reality, however, the contestants will all have to survive tonight’s performance show (8/7c, NBC) and tomorrow’s results telecast.

As we do in anticipation of each week’s festivities, we’re ranking the field from least- to most-likely to win (and throwing in a little advice — and some song suggestions — in the process). So click through the photos below, then vote in our poll to tell us who’s your favorite!

1. DaisyKary says:

I freakin LOVE Cody Belew!!

2. niks says:

I am so glad that Melanie is doing so well week after week on the iTunes charts. She has got an unique voice which can sell records. Hope she wins.

3. Louie says:

Wholeheartedly agree with Amanda Brown at #1. But methinks something’s kinda fishy with that last minute suspenseful calling her to safety. I hope it’s not to rally votes that she didn’t aready have because she might last as long as I want in the comp

4. gailer says:

I have to go with Cody now that Bryan Keith is gone…in truth I am not excited about anyone winning ……….again. I love the show and the judges, but never the singers.

5. Sam says:

Amanda + Terry + my guilty pleasure Cody Belew! :P

6. Josh says:

Love your top 2 i was so happy overrated Bryan was booted last week all i ask for is more guys going home im tired of screaming teen girls keeping overrated guys in cause they are cute

7. Blivins says:

Amanda may be a better singer, but Cassadee would make a much better winner. This show desperately needs someone to become a true star in the real world with hits on the radio. That could never be Amanda. She’s too old and she bounces around from music style to style.

• Lea says:

Amanda is about 27 years old…

• tjj50 says:

And this show, unlike AI, isn’t about age.

• Al says:

Amanda is the most versatile vocalist I have heard. She can do multiple genre and succeed in them. And since when is 27 old? Even for AI that still means the age requirement they have. If Adam thought she was too old He would have cut her like he did Nicole earlier this season. I am not sure what you are trying to say. Amanda has been on the Itunes charts for everyone of her songs except Spectrum. People will buy her music because of her talent and because of her voice and she has a broader fanbase that was not manufactured from Hey Monday or any other group so she has longer longevity in that aspect.

• Snsetblaze says:

I’d buy Amanda – especially if she was doing rock. I wouldn’t buy Cassadee.

8. Amanda is the business. Pure and simple.

9. Lori says:

Amanda, Nicholas and Melanie.

10. whosays says:

I think the 3 that gained the most momentum/boost from last week are Dez, Casadee, and Melanie. That’s not to say they are my favorites, just to say they prob got the biggest bounce from their performances last week.

• teatime says:

I think Cassadee gained real momentum by giving a memorable performance of a little known song. I think a lot of viewers started to think of her as a front runner for the first time. I think the other 2 had good performances but it was probably just a one week bounce unless they stand out tonight.

• jimmy says:

Are you talking about over you?
        That was a #1 country song and Blake won a cam award for writing it.
        Hardly a song that’s a little known song

• FreeHaley says:

Well it depends, if you listen or are tuned into the country world at all I suppose maybe not but if you don’t, well I’ve never heard of it and don’t know anyone where I am who had ever heard of it before.

11. Tara says:

I really want Terry to win, but that won’t happen if Blake continues to pick classic or old (i.e. older songs that are not good enough to be considered classic) songs. Blake seriously needs to pick something from the late 1990s or early 2000s. “Closing Time” is a good pick, but so is just about anything from Oasis. There are also a couple of slower Nirvana songs that would work as would a few slower Green Day songs.

12. white lancer says:

I’m sorry, but Dez really is just a pretty boy coasting by on his looks. He’s not a terrible singer by any means, but his voice is generic and texture-less, and there’s no way he would even be close to viable in this competition if he weren’t good-looking. The past couple of weeks have been his best performances, but I refuse to grade him on a curve and he’s still solidly behind the rest of the pack in terms of vocal ability.

• kavyn says:

He gets drowned out in group performances. That performance he sang with Sylvia and Team Blake, you couldn’t hear him at all except for his solo parts. His performance was okay but definitely not top 3-worthy. I think at least Nicholas and Melanie topped him last night along with Amanda and Cassadee. I’d say Terry did too, although to be honest his song choices have made me not cheer for him all that much. What if he’s just another Trevin?

• J. Carter says:

Agreed!!

13. Behzad says:

All these years of singing competitions, yet Americans still have a hard time figuring out that having the biggest voice is NEVER the point! Sure the show is called The Voice, but the business is never just that and even the coaches on the show can’t deny it. Christina Aguilera can vocally run circles around Taylor Swift and One Direction, yet their albums outsold hers. Voters on these shows have hardly ever given a chance to someone who is actually unique, talented, and has personality and appeal. No, they’d rather see the token ‘Soul” singer come and shout on a mic! Or maybe that dime-a-dozen “Rocker”. Or perhaps that wannabe indie artist who does the same thing every week! I thought this show would be different but unfortunately, it fell into the same trap because the audience just hasn’t changed. Javier Colon was voted the winner because voters felt he was a more “serious” artist. Well, his album tanked, his label dropped him, and even his “mentor” Adam Levine who has his own label now didn’t sign him. I already know that Cassadee, Dez, or Nicholas are gonna lose because of this mindset.

• Sam says:

Yeah I agree. The best “technical” voice shouldn’t ALWAYS win. The Voice needs a winner this season who’s a good performer, has a good personality and a good voice. However I do think that Cassadee and Nicholas still have a chance, not sure about Dez though…

• kavyn says:

Christina can sing circles around many current artists but her songs are pretty lame. Didn’t like any of her performances last week. It’s kind of like how Tara Strong from the XFactor could do all those amazing things with her voice yet no one liked her, the only difference being Christina’s been in the business longer and has a fan base from the time she sang much more controversial songs.

I mean, really the only thing Christina has to get her songs to be “hits” is to either do something over the top (ie that time when people kept saying Christina was ripping off Lady Gaga), or she has to promote her songs on the Voice.

14. Aria says:

With Sylvia gone, Amanda is far and away my favorite, but I also particularly enjoy Cody and Melanie (the former for the personality/performance and the latter for her unique vocals). Unfortunately, I think both could be goners this week in favor of producer darlings Cassadee, Trevin, and Terry – while Cassadee earned it a bit last week, and Trevin has been consistent if boring with the exception of last week, Terry still hasn’t gone beyond “solid cover band rocker” for me.
    I have had a problem with Cassadee’s past fame, not because she has the advantage of more stage experience, because I’m sure most of these guys have a lot of experience- for the format of the show, my concern has always been the fanbase she has compared to everyone else, such that she will probably win even if she isn’t necessarily doing the best vocally. Let’s be honest- had she not had a built-in fanbase, would she have gotten past that Avril Lavigne cover at Top 20 over the likes of Michaela and Liz (by America’s vote)? Her “Over You” was great, but certainly not better than Amanda Brown’s “Dream On,” yet the latter didn’t come close to hitting #1 because she’s brand new to the scene, and I don’t think anyone else will be able to pull off a #1 for that reason.

• kavyn says:

Have you actually done any research on Amanda Brown? Hell, just watching her videos on youtube you can find a bunch of videos of her performing for various places and rocking it. Amanda Brown has built her name on the Voice, but she’s not “brand new” to the scene. I personally have never heard of Cassadee Pope until the Voice (I had no idea she was in a band until people starting whining about it), but I still enjoyed her performance. Yes, I did think the producers overdid Cassadee’s audition, but she has proven herself to be a talented artist during her time on the show.

The complaints I’ve seen for Cassadee are sort of similar to the ones I’ve heard for Melanie (aside from the music history thing), and it’s due to their voices being unique. So what if Cassadee has a ‘sheepy’ voice or Melanie has a ‘breathy’ voice, that doesn’t make their voices bad, it’s just a matter of taste.

All that said, I’m Team Amanda. But I get tired of people hating on Cassadee for her past. If XFactor is any indication then the teen viewers don’t control the vote; Tate Stevens getting first place every week is sort of an indication of that. If Cassadee wins it’ll be due to more than just the Hey Monday fans. From what I see online the highest Hey Monday has ever charted was 25th in the US back in 2010, and 11th in 2008. And yet Cassadee reached number 1 last week. Can you really say Hey Monday is the ONLY reason for that? No.

• Angelina says:

Amanda Brown was a back-up singer, not the lead singer of a popular band. No way does Amanda have the same kind of reality TV-viewing fanbase as Cassadee Pope. For Pete’s sake, Hey Monday had a song covered on ‘Glee.’ People aren’t hating on Cassadee, they are just noting that she has a built-in advantage, and it’s hard to argue that one.

• kavyn says:

Yes but people constantly whine that the only reason she’s made it this far is because of her band. It’s not.

And have you actually seen the videos on youtube? She sings on stage and does her own performances too. Like I said, she made her own name on The Voice, but to say she’s “brand new to the scene” is ridiculous.

• Angelina says:

Yes, I’ve seen Amanda Brown do solos, but that doesn’t mean she is any kind of famous, not the way Cassadee and Hey Monday are. I doubt you’ll concede, and neither will I. You just can’t ignore that she does have a built-in fanbase, moreso than any of the other contestants. These are all struggling musicians, many of whom have had gigs of varying levels, but if ‘Glee’ covers you, you’re nationally known. There haven’t been any Trevin Hunte or Amanda Brown or Sylvia Yacoub covers on ‘Glee.’ Cassadee’s early performances were not especially strong, and even her fans admit this, but she got through. She has a built-in fanbase.

15. mia says:

Cassadee completely won me over last week. Love her!
    And Amanda!!!!!

16. FreeHaley says:

Amanda

17. Riley says:

Amanda just deserve to win, she sings her heart out, whether she wins or not, (hope she does) she’s the best =) Melanie too =)

18. Jelisa Williams says:

i hate amanda -.-she cant sing . my dog sings better

19. disappointed says:

I feel like none of the contestants actually have real, distinct personality/style behind their voice, except for Terry and Nicholas. Amanda not really a genuine take-or-leave it badass rocker. I can hear the musical theater in her musicality, and a lot of the time she’s shrieking with control, but its not beautiful. Cassadee, although she seems sweet, her voice is too generic. The rest of the contestants’ voices, although talented in their own ways, are pretty unmemorable .

20. payat says:

i love terry..he’s a rocker…from the philippines