TVLine's Readers Give Thanks for Castle, Nikita, Once's Sexy Hook, Glee Growth and Much More!

TVLine asked our faithful readers to chime in about what you’re thankful for this TV season, and one thing was clear: You’re very grateful for a certain long-awaited hook-up. But that’s not all that made your lists!

RELATED | What the TVLine Staff Is Thankful For This TV Season: Fringe Closure, Revived Dexter, Parenthood Tears and More!

From beloved shows that got a much-deserved reprieve to a bro-tastic couple to the gut-punch of an impeccable Sunday lineup, we’ve compiled your thanks into a slideshow, complete with your praiseful prose. Take a look below to see what made the cut and then come celebrate with us in the comments.

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: Commentary, Lists

1. Dom says:

It wasn’t on here, which I am quite surprised by, but I would just like to add that I am thankful for Fringe getting a final 5th season (and an incredibly awesome one at that!)

2. Sam says:

I’m thankful for Girls and Homeland, the best comedy and best drama to premiere in quite some time.

Also, for the promise of midseason. Hannibal and The Following look particularly interesting.

• Alyssa says:

MTE. The show pretty much went to crap when Darren Criss joined in S2 and hasn’t grown since.

• Joyce says:

Jup, i agree with this.. I only liked the Karofsky storyline, it is one of the only realistic storylines from Glee..

• JJ says:

L O L, and how exactly has your precious woobie Dave gotten more development than Blaine? Dude hasn’t even been on the show for more than a couple of episodes.

• RachelA says:

And yet, somehow, he STILL managed to be a much more interesting, well-developed and compelling character. Blaine has gotten an excessive amount of screen time already, and I still find him dull, unrealistic and completely vapid. I’m not truly going to be thankful for anything Glee does until they bring Dave back.

• Rab says:

Only growth for Glee is PSAs and this season slow and uninteresting writing, acting, singing and dancing.

3. Hmm says:

How is Blaine getting developed? He’s simply continuing to be as whiny as ever. Nothing he’s done this season has developed him, it’s just repetitive attention whoring.

4. Ash says:

So glad Homeland made the list… It’s the best show too come on TV in awhile! So Good, I look forward to it every week. And Claire Danes is awesome!!!

5. Rachael says:

Castle Marathon on TNT today!! Thankful for that and that AWM gave us CASKETT!!

• Cathy says:

Didn’t know about that. Thank you. Will be watching the Friends marathon on TBS, it’s their Thanksgiving shows.

• Ann says:

Yes to this! I was a bit apprehensive, but allowing them to become intimate did NOT turn into a “jumping the shark” kind of thing. It’s good sex! Yay! :-D

6. Renee says:

Jay Ryan & Stephen Amell on CW…oh yeah. Thanks CW!

7. Bossy pants says:

Yes very thankful for Nikita. I’m glad the cw decided to renew it. Nikita is one of the best shows there and is a shame not a lot of people are watching.

8. Lucy says:

I think we forgot two VERY important men of the CW – Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki

9. estefania says:

totally agree my dear MARLA tony and ziva” TIVA ” forever my favourite TV couple … and wonderful performances by cote de pablo and michael wetherly that have wonderful and special chemistry with it to give lives to those great characters

10. mia says:

I ditto the thanks for Castle; how they are handling the romance is just perfect!!!
    And ditto have a sexy Hook on the screen. Perfect addition to the show. And sizzling chemistry with Jennifer Morrison. Love love love it.

11. So glad to see that NCIS is on the list and of course has my fave characters’ picture! Can’t wait for Tony and Ziva to finally get together cause it’s the Year of TIVA! :)

• Andrea says:

I’m thankful that there is much more to NCIS than just Tony and Ziva…like Gibbs, Ducky, Palmer, Abby, Vance, Fornell, Borin, Jack…you get the picture, so that those of us who intensely dislike Tony and Ziva are free to ignore them and still enjoy the series.

12. nikki says:

I am thankful for Peter Florrick and Conrad Grayson. DILF.

13. Elizabeth says:

CASTLE!<3

14. Ash says:

My Sundays would not be the same without The Walking Dead.

15. gary says:

i laughed so loud when i read the Glee Growth one about Blaine that i woke up my neighbors…Seriously Blaine cheats on Kurt and that is growth? are you kidding me?

• C says:

He is the depths of a severe depression. He cheated so that he could feel again. He has lost who he is and needs to find his way. That is character growth.

16. Sara says:

Totally agree with Mina & Merissa

I’m thankful my current favourites are still my favourites unlike huge disappointments in the past (70% of which is Glee)

17. Rose says:

Yes to Leverage! That show has been able to keep me interested every season and is never getting boring to watch. Love it :)

18. nick1372 says:

Nice that Ben & Kate finally got some recognition… Great show.

Thanks TVLine for posting my submission! :D I feel special now.

19. Lauren says:

Ahhh you used my Castle one! Thanks TVLine. I’m also thankful for your website!

20. That moment you wake up to find out you’re on tvline. I feel famous. :P

• Juliab. says:

I agree with everything you have said about CSI/NY. I would add the writing has been great this season, I’m really enjoying the personnal storylines we are getting for all the characters.

21. Kelly says:

Thankful Fringe was given 13 episodes to end how they wanted too. Thankful for Leverage, Psych returning, and Once Upon a Time’s new character Neal. Love him.

22. Ally Oop says:

I so badly want to get to see Homeland. Too bad it would cost me $22 to subscribe to Super Channel (the premium specialty channel it airs on in Canada) to see it. That would be in addition to the high satellite price I already pay plus we also get Netflix in my household so I can`t justify getting it). I already know Claire Danes and Damien Lewis are awesome but I guess I probably won`t get to see this show until it`s out of production.

23. Patti says:

I like Ben and Kate. I’m thankful for my Once Upon a Time couples; Rumple/Belle, Neal/Emma and Snow/Charming.

24. Ally Oop says:

The 10 things I`m most greatful for this season are:
    1) Fringe getting a final season so they can complete the series (unlike other past shows which left viewers hanging forevermore)
    2) Nikita getting a third season (each season is a surprising gift)
    3) Revolution getting good viewership numbers (who saw that coming?)
    4) Parenthood (such an amazing underwatched show, kudos especially go out to Mae Whitman and Monica Potter))
    5) The New Normal (the best new comedy since Big Bang)
    6) Hart of Dixie getting a 2nd season (yay! It fills part of the hole left by Gilmore Girls)
    7) Last Resort (the best new show since Jericho–victim of its timeslot)
    8) Damon and Elena hanging out together on Vampire Diaries (their chemistry when they danced together at that frat party was grandtacular)
    9) Keith Urban getting cast as a judge on American Idol (forget about Nikki whatshername or that Mariah diva chick)
    10) Sheldon Cooper (that guy’s unintentional zingers continue to send me into laughter)

25. Kelly says:

I love Last Resort. They should have given it a better timeslot. At least they wrote an actual ending.

26. I Love Blee says:

Glee has been great this year, imo. I could do with less of the new kids, but I think there has been some really good development. Yes, Blaine cheated (as has almost every single character on the show – seriously, glee loves the cheating/love triangle trope)… but I think they have done a very good job of highlighting why he cheated (it didn’t happen in a vacuum, people) and this season he gets to be more than just the human jukebox of seasons past. I can understand if people don’t all love Blaine, whatever floats your boat, man – but I feel like the people who comment on these sites so vehemently dislike him, that I just have to laugh… is it because he’s taken the spotlight away from your fave? Sorry to break it to you, but people (and not just teenage girls) love Darren. He’s talented, and humble and just about one of the nicest dudes you’ll ever meet – so better get used to it, because it seems like the Ryan Murphy & Co. agree.

• Gob says:

No point in getting used to someone whose lack of talent won’t carry him past a crappy network show.

• anne says:

Pretty sure he wouldn’t be getting as much on Glee if he lacked talent. He’s not everyone’s cup of tea, plus many are jealous he gets more than their favorites. Shrug.

• Marco says:

The main problem, though, is that his getting everything on Glee is blatant favoritism, and that’s why it irks people. Hell, it irks me and I LIKE the guy. I just hope it won’t hurt his possible future career…

• Kay says:

I agree with you too. He is the only reason I watch Glee now. I started watching in season 2 because of him and have stuck with the show ever since. I was devastated when Blaine cheated on Kurt, but I understand why he did it (because he was lonely and felt like Kurt was moving on without him). I know it will take some time, but I really feel Kurt will eventually forgive him and they can move on. Not sure if they will ever get back to what they had but hopefully they can rebuild their friendship and at least support each other as friends and keep in touch that way. I don’t understand why so many people comment that Darren is a bad actor, because in my opinion he has really done a great job with this character.

27. John R says:

Thankful for these things:

1. Jessica Lange. She’s a powerhouse. But the rest of the cast is also standing tall next to her. Apart from Lange, Zachary Quinto, Lily Rabe and Sarah Paulson are my personal favorites. Franka Potente (Anne Frank) turned this season around for the better as well.
    2. Caskett has been so much fun and wonderful so far Lets prepare for the cursed, but inevitable dissolution of their relationship by the end of the season..
    3. DEBRA FRICKIN MORGAN has revitalized the show – Dexter. Yvonne’s Hannah is an amazing character, but lets be realistic, Jennifer Carpenter deserves an Emmy for her work this season.
    4. Last Resort is plain garbage. Somebody has to tell the truth. It went from a 10/10 to 1/10 in matter of 6 episodes. This show jumped the gun.
    5. True Blood’s best character – Pam. And a good season finally.
    6. I’m a straight guy, but Jensen Ackles deserves to be mentioned on the hottest men list. I’m choosing to think that he was ignored because he’s an immensely talented actor as well, which the list isn’t about.
    7. The Walking Dead is slightly better this season, but it still has preposterous flaws. They have created a beast of a character in Rick and I’m very thankful for that.
    8. Fringe getting a farewell season.

Ones not mentioned:
    9. Revolution’s Tom Neville: The best new character on TV. Giancarlo Esposito is an acting God.
    10. Supernatural gaining in ratings and returning to its horrific, awesome roots. This season has been the best in a long time.
    11. POI still shaming its competitors. This is how a procedural should be done.
    12. The Mentalist’s increased focus on Red John is doing wonders for its storytelling.

28. Anna says:

Kurt & Blaine. Agree and glad Darren gets to be more than a human jukebox (and yes he’s singing a lot, but with context) Both actors said they wanted a more challenging storyline and they are making the most of it. Chris is always phenomenal.

29. Charlie says:

Blaine has become my favorite part of Glee and I like how he has given more to do this season. The new kids at McKinley are kind of a mess for me and I could do without them and I want the old Rachel from season 1 back.

• Rab says:

Rachel is not interesting now. I understand growth and need to mature but this type of growth just stinks for Rachel. We don’t even see much of Kurt. I’m not a fan of Darren’s so I don’t agree with his so called growth. I’m not diggin McKinley part at all. So Glee is pretty lame to me. That’s Glee for you. People like different things about it.

30. tirpse says:

I agree with the growth on Glee aka Blaine. Blaine was just Kurt’s boyfriend for so long. The cute and human jukebox. Now his songs are in context to his feelings, they are making Blaine more complex. You never would have expected him to cheat on Kurt but he did and now we will find out why and how he will forgive himself for it to move on. It adds to his character and that is character growth, if you want it or not. You grow from mistakes, not because you make heart eyes at your boyfriend all the time.

Blaine is not going anywhere. The haters on the internet who seem to almost care more about what he does and doesn’t do, don’t matter. As promos and things for tonight’s episode prove, FOX knows how popular Blaine is. And they for sure will use that for as long as they can.

• kate says:

What does it say about his “popularity” that the more he does the lower ratings go? He’s not appealing to people outside of the hardcore fanbase because he can’t act or sing especially well. I look forward to him fading into irrelevancy.

• anne says:

There are many, many reasons the ratings are failing, mostly that the people in charge thought the audience loved New Directions and McKinley, instead of the actors and characters they had grown to love. The newbies simply aren’t cutting it.

• Kay says:

Kate – you cannot blame low ratings on Darren. It is the whole show and the writing/storylines, plus people are not really caring about the new characters, etc.

• kate says:

They’re “using” it to no effect. I get that the people that love him like to blow up his actual importance, but you need to fave facts. He’s not getting nominated for acting awards, his songs aren’t charting, people are losing interest.

31. Andrea says:

I’m also thankful for:
    Scandal
    This season of The Good Wife
    Nashville

32. Kristina says:

I’m thankful Fox did something right and gave Fringe a final season.

33. AngelMoon Girl says:

Woot! I second the Tony/Ziva and Castle/Beckett thanks-givings!
    I’m also thankful that Fringe got a final season, that Booth/Brennan are still going strong and still have that adorable daughter, and I’m thankful the curse was broken in Once Upon a Time, because I’m LOVING the Charming/Snow/Emma/Henry family stuff!

• Mary says:

Yes. I’m thankful that the curse is broken for the Charming family stuff, but I’ll be even more thankful when Snow and Emma are reunited with Charming and Henry in Storybrooke.

• madbengalsfan85 says:

I’ve decided that Christine may just be the cutest baby ever

34. Gerald says:

“I’m thankful that the characters on The New Normal aren’t the cartoon cutouts I was afraid I would find. Even the grandmother has her truly decent attributes.”

Seriously?! Are you even watching the show? The show is so cartoonish and stereotypical and what are these so called “decent attributes”? I have yet to see anything positive related to that character.

• Mike says:

I actually think the character David is one of the most non stereotypical gay characters on Television( excluding Max from HE who really is the anti-stereotype) and Bryan as far as stereotypical gays goes is not that bad, he pales in comparison to blatant stereotype that is Kurt from Glee. I really only watch it for Bebe Wood, she is a hoot as Shania. On another note I really hope they write the grandmother off the show in season 2 if there is one.

35. AJ says:

36. Anna says:

Yvonne strahovski on dexter for sure. She is amazing on that show. And for sure Fringe getting a final season, thanks Fox

37. AJ says:

I’m thankful for Days of Our Lives having a creative resurgence! Between Will’s extremely well done coming out storyline and his developIng relationship with Sonny, and the Nicole/Jennifer baby storyline that was thankfully wrapped up before it was too drawn out, the show is better than it has been in years. But the part I am most thankful for is the long awaited return of Eileen Davidson as Kristen DiMera! Her caliber of acting is simply wonderful to watch and I am excited for the storyline Kristen will have with John and Marlena. Here’s a bold prediction: Davidson will win a long overdue Daytime Emmy next year!

• Kay says:

AJ – I agree. I started watching DOOL because of the Will/sonny storyline. I just hope that the writers will continue to keep this storyline interesting. I don’t really agree with Will keeping Sonny out of the loop regarding Gabi’s pregnancy, but I know it will all come out eventually. I just hope Sonny will be understanding and supportive.

38. Jamie says:

Castle marathon on TNT!!!!!

39. Kim R says:

Parenthood deserves a mention. Stellar TV. :)

• Ann says:

I like Parenthood too, but sometimes I have to turn it off and come back to it later. All the yelling and dialog overlap hurts my ears.

40. ruthie says:

am thankful for all the hot shirtless guys on the cw,,,,,

41. MJ says:

Jensen Ackles and Jared Padelecki need to be on the CW hot list. How can they not be? They are the 2 hottest guys on the CW, especially Jensen Ackles.

42. Naazneen says:

Thankful for the glorious males on The CW?! HE’LL YES!!!

43. g.g72 says:

I’m thankful for REVENGE and CASTLE!!! My two favorite shows!!!

44. g.g72 says:

Oh and ARROW! my other favorite!!!

45. Mandy says:

Nikita!!!!!!!!! <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

46. Mari says:

I am still thankful for Castle and that Andrew Marlowe is our showrunner!

47. I’m right there with Ducky in being thankful that Nikita escaped cancellation with the skin of its teeth. What a fantastic, exciting, kick-ass show. It’s so often that shows offering grown-up, intelligent, complex entertainment get cancelled because the general public would rather watch shallow crap like reality shows, but thankfully, Nikita survived the brutally low ratings to get a third season. The ratings are even worse this season but honestly, I only care about the quality of the show, and it is unwavering.

48. Michael says:

I am thankful for NIKITA as well. With a 3rd season renewal a 4th season is practically a given for syndication purposes. This show is a treasure

49. illi says:

I’m thankful for NIKITA All The Way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Best show on TV EVER!!!!