Exclusive

Exclusive First Look: Revolution's Fall Finale Poster Promises the Beginning of a Battle

NBC’s buzzy Revolution has big things on tap for its final episode heading into its midseason break.

As promised by this exclusive peek at a promo poster for the fall finale airing next Monday, Nov. 26, “The Battle for Power Begins” now that Miles, Charlie at al have set foot on General Monroe’s turf in Philadelphia.

RELATED | Revolution Recap: Did an Unreal Moment Reveal a Stark Reality? Plus: Rachel Gets Stabby

Revolution will return from its midseason hiatus on March 25, 2013. Filling the Mondays-at-10 time slot during the interim will be Deception (fka Infamous), a frothy freshman sudser/murder mystery starring Meagan Good (Think Like a Man), Victor Garber (Alias) and Tate Donovan (Damages) and debuting Jan. 7.

(Click image for full-size version.)

1. Nick says:

They are simply going to kill this show…is anyone even going to remember this show in FOUR months…heavily serialized shows can barely retain their audience as is, let alone with a massive break in the middle… Terrible decision by NBC

• it’s all relative. if this was on cable, it would take much longer for it to get back in the air than it will for Revolution to resume.

• majamababe says:

We will! My son and I like this show but hate the breaks in between.

• The ratings over the last 4 weeks have been dropping fast, at the current rate there will not be a season 2. (it is already down to 7.02M viewers) Best thing to do is take a big break and slam all media outlets with Revolution news and stories during the break. This is what FOX did with Glee its 1st season and it worked perfectly, when Glee returned it saw a 68% increase in ratings (from 8.13M to 13.66M)

• John R says:

Didn’t it get a Superbowl bump or something too? And by regular standards of the genre these days, Revolution is miles above its predecessors.

2. The *only* thing I still watch this show for is because I wanted to see Charlie meet Rachel. Mostly, this show bores me to death…

• Mike says:

Comments like yours bore me to death. This has been the best show on television, cable included, in over 20 years. If you have the attention span of a hyperactive 3-year-old on a sugar rush, perhaps you should stick to drivel like “Honey Boo Boo” or “Ancient Aliens”. It still never ceases to amaze me, though, how many people whine about this show yet they still watch it, insisting that they’re done with it, week after week.

• AJ says:

Best show in 20 years? Better than Breaking Bad? The Sopranos? The Wire? Homeland? The Shield? Deadwood? I like this show, it’s fun, but that statement is just not true.

• Kreshnik says:

Better than Prison Break? Supernatural? The Mentalist? again Breaking Bad? I would even go as far as to say that The Vampire Diaries is better then this show… damn you do not know what good television is.

The O.C freaking dominates this show HAHAHAH

• Truth says:

Wow, how much crack did you smoke this morning? And Breaking Bad is Ok, but this show is twice as entertaining. God, Walter White bores me to death.

• Dean says:

I think this is the best new show of the year, but not in 20 years. Its getting progressively better.

• sladewilson says:

“…the best show on television, cable included, in over 20 years.” Overhype much? It’s a good show – I still say Nashville is the best new show of the season, but that’s all a matter of opinion. But The Wire and Mad Men both smoke this show in so many different ways, that statement is beyond insane. Anyway, I’ve been looking forward to “Deception” if only for Meagan Good and Victor Garber…

• Comments like yours make me laugh. Obviously, you haven’t watched enough television in the last 20 years. LOL!

• Mars777 says:

Better than “LOST”? “Battlestar Galactica”? “Honey Boo Boo” and “Ancient Aliens” may be terrible, but so is “Revolution”. You really have no clue at all what decent television is. Elizabeth Mitchell and Giancarlo Esposito are the only bright spots to this show.

• John R says:

The true main characters – Charlotte, Miles, Neville, Rachel, Monroe. So, 40% of the show is really bright according to you. Add in Miles who’s highly intriguing and Monroe, who is getting a personality; Charlotte who was adorably charming in the last episode; some might say that’s a good thing and the show is on the right track.

3. Austin says:

Remember when V took a 3 month hiatus? It killed it. This show will be dead because of NBC DUMB decision to keep it off the air for FOUR months.

• it’s not the hiatus that will kill it, it’s apathy from desperate viewers with short attention spans. relax. the only difference between this hiatus and the ones taken by shows like Warehouse 13 or Eureka or Haven is that NBC is not cable like Syfy.

4. Kristen says:

Why’s Elizabeth Mitchell’s hair red?

5. I like this show but it bugs me sooooo much that they are constantly running and hiding. “Quick someone’s coming…hide!” And there is always a convenient hiding spot available. It happens like three times every episode. Am I crazy? Please tell me this bothers someone else.

6. Ella B. says:

and then nbc is going to get all pissy when revolution returns with crappy ratings. way to shoot yourselves in the foot here guys.

7. KD says:

MARCH 25? Ugh, that’s terrible. I knew it was a bit of a slog between the fall finale and its return but that’s way too long of a break for a freshman series. Breaking Bad can take off a much time as it likes, but Revolution should be going full speed ahead until they run out of episodes.

8. kerry says:

I for one think its stupid but its nbc for ya lol, it’ll be lucky to get a second season, dumb idea for a cool show

9. Mila says:

Mid-season breaks work on cable television, but will never work on network television.

10. Anne says:

In my opinion, all the broadcast networks need to abandon the idea of a nine month season. Film your episodes and air them consecutively just like cable. That way everyone is happy. The problem is the networks still used the antiquated system of stretching out 22 episodes to accommodating the sweeps months. The average Nielsen family member has the attention span of a gerbil. Out of sight -out of mind.

• mistermcgee says:

I agree. I preferred when shows like Lost and 24 gave it up and just premiered mid-season uninterrupted.

But it won’t happen across the board with the current TV business model. Networks want/need to make money with the load of airtime they have to fill. Cable can do that (successfully) because some channels like AMC just have to program their 4-5 (if that many) quality shows all year and then fill the rest of the schedule with cheap reality shows and the same movies over and over. True, that’s all they can afford…the major networks already churn out dozens of new shows each year and most fail. Can you imagine if they have three times as many? They’d lose ad dollars left and right.

11. Renee says:

Love the show, loathe the hiatus. Idiots!

12. Mark C In the UK says:

Cant believe this. ABC killed V with the Hiatus. I understand the point with Cable, but people want destination television, Revolution gives this but after 4 months off will anyone really want to come back.???NBC will have to promote the hell out of it again to remind people its coming back… what a waste of$$$

13. KMG says:

I like the show a lot, despite some really obvious flaws, but I’m not anxiously awaiting every episode… and that’s the problem with such a long hiatus. I look forward to seeing the show every week, but after four months, the holidays, and the introduction of several new series, plus the return of some old favorites, I’m not going to remember what the heck was happening on this show. It will lose its momentum completely, and probably not be renewed next season because the ratings after the hiatus were so mysteriously smaller.

14. McGoria says:

I agree that this is not a great decision to keep the show off the air BUT the difference is that shows like “V” and “FlashForward” were already struggling with viewers BEFORE they went on extended breaks. So when they returned no one cared. I think people will still be around for this since it’s a hit.

That said, I like Revolution and watch it weekly…but I don’t love it yet. It’s still lacking a…something I can’t quite put my finger on. I kow besides Charlie, Monroe and Miles I don’t know anyof the characters’ names. My only other quibble is that for all the fear the militia instills, their top-ranking officials get killed off every episode! How do they even maintain power (no pun intended)? I am intrigued by the how the voiceover at the beginning says “militias” took over. Might there be more than just the Monroe Militia?

• Renee says:

Yes there are more than the Monroe militia. Remember when Monroe was looking at the map and it listed the new ‘states’ with his being one. When he was talking about one of the other militias possibly planning an attack or infringing on his territory or something like that.

15. Andrea says:

Why a 4 month hiatus? Why not take a year-end/X-Mas break and return in January?

16. Ana says:

Is it me, or do Miles and Monroe seem to he at least 10 years apart? How is it that they grew up together? I enjoy this show but its not great. I Dvr it while I watch Castle live. Castle, BTW, just keeps getting better and better. Anywho, Revolution has an amazing cast with the exception of Charlie and her brother. They are just bland and bring nothing to the screen.

17. Fox says:

A 4 month break…. sounds like a great idea considering how well it worked out for The Event, Flashforward, V, and the other cancelled shows that I’ve forgotten about.

18. John Moshier says:

I notice this week the blood girl was smiling for the first time and she had make up and her hiar was shampoed did she go to a beauty parlor and they gave her a personality.

19. YowzaPowza says:

This is the only new show this season I still watch. Much better than anticipated and it’s gotten progressively better and better as the season continued. Though it’s not like it’s some major hit that can take a four month hiatus. This just seems like a stupid move on NBC’s part. They should only air The Voice once a year and move Revolution up to 8 and air Deception or whatever at 9. Though I’ve seen Deception when it was called Infamous, and it’s basically just a second rate version of Revenge.

20. The Kaibosh says:

This is an interesting gamble on NBC’s part. I can see why people would be upset with the long interruption and I can’t say I blame them. I don’t however completely disagree with what NBC is doing here from a strategic planning perspective. What they’ve done is strategically placed Deception to run in Revolution’s place with the contingency that if it doesn’t do well they can bring back Revolution early and still complete its twelve episode run relatively uninterrupted into May sweeps. So that gives Deception four to six episodes starting in January to hit decent ratings numbers. Otherwise it could always be pulled early and Revolution slotted back in its place where it was performing well. The big assumption is that everyone is concerned about is whether or not the same people will come back with it.

21. Nancy says:

just one of NBC’s brilliant moves. Let’s put Revolution on hiatus and while we do that we’ll bring Whitney back.

22. Justin says:

I find this show very entertaining and hope it stays around a while! I loved Flash Forward though too and this show is moving eerily along the same path…Four months is excessive to me…oh well!