The Voice Leaderboard: Ranking the Top 10

They may not be a perfect 10 — yeah, I still miss De’Borah, Michaela Paige, Nicole Nelson, and Suzanna Choffel — but there’s no arguing The Voice‘s remaining Season 3 finalists are a talented and eclectic group.

To prep for tonight’s Top 10 performance telecast, we thought we’d rank the field from least- to most-likely to win (and throw in a little advice in the process). So click through the photos below, then vote in our poll to tell us who’s your favorite!

Comments (37)

• holy crap a Michael Slezak article where he doesnt completely crap all over cassadee, never thought i’d see the day

Comment by pete – November 19, 2012 01:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Amanda and Bryan. Go team Adam :-)

Comment by LK – November 19, 2012 01:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I do like Amanda, but also Cody and Nicholas.

Comment by Alienate – November 19, 2012 01:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t get the Bryan love – it’s Lee DeWyze all over again. Last week he was better than the previous two weeks, but he has never exceeded his audition. His voice seems to disappear in the lower registers and he has a schmaltzy delivery…
    My favorites are Cody, Amanda, and Nicholas – the men would be greatly helped by better song choices! I have no doubt that these three are totally capable of having a “moment” when not saddled with lousy songs.

Comment by mdutchone – November 19, 2012 01:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • For me Bryan just seems too confident in her performances and never really shows that he cares about what he sings. It’s kind of the same for Terry in my opinion. Both great singers and that’s why the show is called “The Voice”, but I just can’t cheer or root for them because they look like they think they’re going to win.

Comment by kavyn – November 19, 2012 02:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I now think of him solely as Lee DeWyze thanks to this talkback. I didn’t see last weeks performance, because he bores me, but … he bores me. Amanda all the way.

Comment by dan – November 19, 2012 02:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I apologize ;), not sure if I should have reminded anybody about him…..
        I also agree with the comment by kavyn about Bryan seeming overly confident – I especially noticed this last week: it wasn’t attractive. Terry also seems to have changed a little over the weeks.

Comment by mdutchone – November 19, 2012 03:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t get the Lee comparisons. Lee did a good job with a Sinatra song on Sinatra week. Maybe that is where the comparison comes from. But that is Bryan’s style and not normally Lee’s style.

Comment by teatime – November 19, 2012 05:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The guy in the idiotic hat isn’t number 1. In fact, I predict he is soon voted off.

Comment by Chuck Finley (AJ) – November 19, 2012 01:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • oh and looking at the poll here, I am curious i the voting o the show will follow suit. I agree with all of it except hat guy lol.

Comment by Chuck Finley (AJ) – November 19, 2012 01:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He is good, but always sounds the same. I’d like to see him lose the hat, too.

Comment by ETG – November 19, 2012 07:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Look at that, Slezak’s irrational Cassadee hate has subsided a bit.

Comment by Alex – November 19, 2012 02:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bryan won me over last week and his song, Back To Black was the only song I downloaded this year (last year, i found many more by this time)… But I am surprised that there isn’t more love for Cody.. especially over Cassadee, who I don’t get because she always sounds week and off key to me. Sylvia at least has a strong solid voice, not that she is half as good as Amanda, who I’d like to see take it all but last week’s song choice was awful. My other favorite is Dez..

Comment by xwiseguyx – November 19, 2012 02:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Dez is gross. So is Cody. Sylvia is sorta boring, along with Melanie. Cassadee is getting better. Bryan sounds the same week after week; would like to see him change it up a little…

Comment by ETG – November 19, 2012 07:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Terry McDermott FTW! Suzanna was the only female voice I really loved this year but Terry’s voice is amazing .

Comment by Brenda – November 19, 2012 02:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m team Amanda, but I also support Cassadee, Melanie and Cody :)

Comment by kavyn – November 19, 2012 02:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bryan and Melanie are the only ones I care about. If the Voice wants to produce a chart topper artist for the first time, it should look at these too.

Comment by niks – November 19, 2012 03:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Bryan is just another Lee Dwyze he wont be a chart topper.

Comment by steve – November 19, 2012 03:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t believe you put Nicholas so low. I think the guy is drawing more votes than you think! And deservedly so! Not everyone hated the song choice for him last week either. Since at least I didn’t and CeeLo didn’t so that is at least two hah.

Comment by FreeHaley – November 19, 2012 03:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nicholas was INCREDIBLE this week….

Comment by ETG – November 19, 2012 07:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like Nicholas, Trevin, Amanda, Terry the best of the remaining ones I think. I hope Amanda returns to form. I’ve never seen someone who was that far on top have such a train wreck as to actually, arguably be the very worst of the week ever before.

Comment by FreeHaley – November 19, 2012 03:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like Dez and all, but Trevin and Cassadee are both better (if either of them could get a really good song, like Dez did last week). I also prefer Nicholas WAY over Melanie, although I can see how that might be just me.

Comment by Rachel – November 19, 2012 03:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Can’t stand Dez, and Trevin just didn’t do it for me tonight…..

Comment by ETG – November 19, 2012 07:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cant beleave you have Sylvia at #10 with the right song choices she could win IMO but unfortunatly for her she has xtina as a mentor.

Bryan #1 Yikes he will be a failure if was to win. Goooo Amanda Brown hopefully she is back on form tonight.

Comment by steve – November 19, 2012 03:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Michaela reminded me of Alison Ireheta, which is probably why Michael (and I!) liked her so much. Still missing De’borah.

Comment by ali427 – November 19, 2012 04:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really don’t get the Bryan hate. He’s consistent, he’s not cocky he’s incredibly sweet to his fans and seems kinda shy. He’s boring because he doesn’t do cartwheels on stage while holding long notes? Seriously he’s good and he deserves to move on.

Comment by jenn – November 19, 2012 04:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is a very good top 10.

Comment by teatime – November 19, 2012 05:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOVE LOVE LOVE Sylvia and Amanda. Would love to see both go the distance.

Comment by Aria – November 19, 2012 05:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hah, well Cody is definitely back this week! Last week so deadly boring and bland singing. This week he definitely brought it hah, 100% turn around. Kinda funny too hah, especially that one bit. Great stage presence and performing this week and way more into the vocals.

Certainly has some diversity between this and Jolene too.

Comment by FreeHaley – November 19, 2012 05:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love, Love, LOVE Cody! Just sooooooooo much fun!! And yep, a little hottie…

Comment by TJ – November 19, 2012 06:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Amanda is back too!

Comment by FreeHaley – November 19, 2012 06:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • everybody has been good so far. damn this is hard

Comment by jenn – November 19, 2012 06:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeah a very good week. I liked Cassadee this better than her other weeks. The chipmunk tone was gone and it had feeling. I liked her style of singing better this time, this style gives her a much nicer tone. It’s really fit her far and away the best so far. A good week.

Comment by FreeHaley – November 19, 2012 06:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sorry Cassadee is not a star. She was good but I find her kind of boring. Amanda was just so much better than her and the other women tonight.

Comment by Davey – November 19, 2012 06:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There were several really good performances tonight, but I especially liked Cassadee and Nicholas. Amanda was good, but not at her best. Trevin lost it (and me) with all the unneccessary screeching. I’d say the most likely to get the boot tomorrow will be Sylvia.

Comment by ETG – November 19, 2012 07:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Nicholas and Trevin and Cody. Tonight all three were meh.

I find Bryan boring and enjoy Terry but find Blake always picks bad song choices because they’re TOO standard. They were as expected tonight.

I hate Sylvia. All the time.

I don’t like Dez. I don’t like Cassadee. I don’t care about Melanie.

BUT tonight I liked Melanie. AND Cassadee. And Dez. I feel disloyal. And confused.

Comment by Alexandra – November 19, 2012 07:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hahaha!!! That is TOO funny!! But, seriously, if you didn’t like Nicholas tonight, you should seek counseling, lol!

Comment by ETG – November 19, 2012 07:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post