First Look: The Vampire Diaries' 1940s Trip Means Salvatores in Uniform, [Spoiler]'s Return!

We think you’re going to really enjoy this gallery: The Vampire Diaries flashes back to 1940s New Orleans in the Dec. 6 episode (The CW, 8/7c), and we’ve got a sneak peek at Stefan and Damon as World War II GIs — and the return of a much-missed character!

RELATED | Vampire Diaries Recap: Confessions of the Heart

After Stefan shares a suspicion about Elena with his brother, the two head to The Big Easy to investigate. They need to find someone who can remember what happened during their last jaunt there in 1942, which involved Stefan’s pal Lexi (Arielle Kebbel), a flame of Damon’s, Charlotte (Madeline Zima) and some very handsome uniforms.

Check out the gallery below, and then hit the comments with your thoughts.

1. Isaac says:

LEXIE!!!

2. While I haven’t been overly impressed, so far, with this season, I am really looking forward to this episode. I am very much Team Salvatore :)

3. Jon says:

Awesome Lexie!! Hopefully there’s some good Stefan-Lexi-Damon interactions.

4. Walter says:

I knew they’d a place for Lexi this year.

5. Amy says:

Yay Lexie!!!! So glad she’s back. And, the Salvatore’s look fantastically handsome in uniform.

6. Babybop says:

I can’t look at Madeline Zima… I’m so used to her as a little girl in The Nanny! It makes me feel old…

7. Janie says:

SWOON at the Salvatores in uniform…

8. Fran says:

Aw I miss Lexie, can;t wait for this episode. It makes me ticked off at Damon though!

9. Stephanie says:

That is so not fair. 1940s Soliders, definitely the sexiest uniform area… and I mean damn.

10. Can we have Rebekah back please?

11. smthkly says:

I bet this ep will have some of the most screen shots ever. Come on, Salvatores in uniform.

Can’t wait to see what Damon’s “heartbreaking decision” will be? I’m afraid it’s going to be related to the suspicion about Elena or for some reason Damon is forced to pick between Elena & Stefan.

12. Josh says:

It’s sort of unfair, the brothers can have whole Elena free episodes but when was the last time Elena was free of the brothers? I stand by assertion that if Elena was Damon/Stefan for a 3-4 episode story, it would do wonders for her character and the show.

• Yasin says:

THIS WHOLE SERIES is about her. Every single storyline ends up being connected to her somehow. So I think thats why they try to have arcs or branches of storyline where the primary focus is on someone else but connected to Elena somehow.

Case in point: Last season the episode called The End of an Affair was about introducing Rebekah, revealing Stefan/Klaus previous friendship and the origins of the ripper however at the end it all tied down to the necklace, which was in whose possession? Elena. Everything ends up being connected to her anyways.

13. Heather says:

Ian in Uniform…. No words!

14. Jenny says:

Lexie’s cool and all but look at Damon! Lookin mighty fine ;) Thanks for these pics!

15. mar$ says:

Mehn am so Team Salvatore now……and please you guys shouldn’t try making Damon τ̅☺ ever choose between Elna ans Stefan….because he sure will choose Stefan and that will spoil the movie…..Elena should find another LOVER, if possible.

16. Mary says:

Yay! I wanna see this episode! And Lexi is gonna come back!

17. arianeb says:

Every time I see Arielle Kebbel, I think “Oh look its Katherine Hegel”. Speaking of look alikes associated with Vampire Diaries, I know Revenge will eventually be looking for a son for Conrad Grayson played by Henry Czerny. If by some miracle Ian Somerhalder becomes available, he could easily pass as Czerny’s long lost son.

18. Aliceee says:

I saw a picture of Katherine wearing some really war-time ish clothes too..
    And the Petrova returns:)!!

19. amanda says:

Team Stephan all the way. Does no one remember how in the begining damon could care less if elena died or not? How many people hes killed? How he only ever thinks of himself? Even when he is doing something good its only for his best interest? He deserves notjing hut eternity alone.

20. mercy says:

cathrene plz cm bk and lexy wow its a miracle ,ps: i am xo dign da salvatores

21. erica says:

love Damon/Ian

22. Y 6561 says:

One can install the complete virtual PBX phone systems
    are better s suited for midsize companies with more than 25 employees.

Edgemarc – Combines multiple voice and data. How phone system script Does MagicJack Work?
    Whatever type or level of your business, it’s essential
    to think about. This service provides businesses across the spectrum
    of startup to veteran status to keep their existing phone
    numbers. It could really help you to capture just how your employees are in different
    parts of the history book.