ABC Cancels Last Resort and 666 Park Avenue

Get More: Cancellations, News

Last Resort CancelledABC has done what the U.S. Armed Forces could not: It sunk the Colorado.

The network is choosing not to move forward with Last Resort and 666 Park Avenue, TVLine has confirmed.

RELATED | ABC’s Nashville Gets Full-Season Pick-Up

Despite a recent order for two more scripts apiece — traditionally seen as a vote of confidence — neither series will receive a back-nine pick-up, meaning both series will end after 13 episodes.

An ABC rep tells TVLine the network is planning to air the remaining hours in their entirety.

Both freshman dramas had struggled to maintain an audience. Thursday’s Last Resort, which reportedly was an important factor in whether or not the series would receive a full-season pick-up, saw a slight ratings drop to 5.8 million total viewers and a 1.3 demo rating.

Similarly, last Sunday’s 666 Park earned only 4 mil/1.3, matching the previous episode’s series low.

Comments (268)

• 666 I could take or leave, but I’m really heartbroken over Last Resort – it was probably my favorite of this year’s newbies.

Comment by wordsmith – November 16, 2012 03:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Could not got into 666 despite Terry O’Quinn starring in it. Most of the LOST alums have been struggling on unsuccessful shows: Elizabeth Mitchell is now on her second show (remember the likewise ill-fated “V”?) and is now being wasted on Revolution, which to me is not as good as Last Resort. At least Michael Emerson has a hit on Person of Interest, my favorite now. Hoped Last Resort would succeed but the last two episodes were bizarre: first the Alice in Wonderland drugfest then the annoyingly overly segmented saga last night with starkly out-of-place drinking/love scenes. Shawn Ryan could never manifest the innovative greatness of The Shield.

Comment by gregk – November 16, 2012 04:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • don’t forget Daniel Dae Kim on Hawaii 5.0, which is also going very well

Comment by Michele Bernardes – November 16, 2012 07:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Michael Emerson is getting great “numbers” on Person of Interest.

Comment by Brian – November 16, 2012 07:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I see what you did there

Comment by Hermes – November 17, 2012 11:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Last Resort started out great and then fell on its face every episode thereafter. It had some of the worst episodes I’ve seen this season. 666 was just above Elementary on the shows I watch and it wasn’t good enough. I’m not too sad that they got cancelled.

Comment by John – November 16, 2012 10:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Story line wasn’t too bad but things seemed to get worse as the series progressed. As a retired Navy man I was appaled at the disrespect shown by enlisteds to officers, including the Chief of the Boat (COB) who is supposed to set the example. Then there are the SEALS who seem to think they are NOT a part of the Navy but are independent contractors. They do what they please. The last episode was even more confusing. The XO’s wife was kidnapped off the ship. How did the XO and his SEAL buddy know to go to Manilla to search for her? Flogging went out of the Navy back in the 1800s yet Captain Chaplain uses flogging as a punishment. Never in the history of the US Navy has there ever been such a rebelious crew. Movement from ship to shore is never shown. Did they have some means of transportation? It was NEVER clearly explained why the Colorado HAD to be sunk. Why not just let it return to port and arrest the crew for disobedience of orders.

This show was badly in need of a Navy advisor, preferably someone retired with a wealth of experience. This show could have gone places with a good advisor and better writers who understood Navy life. It is a shame it was so bad. I kinda enjoyed watching it, mistakes and all. Sure beat any reality show.

Comment by Ed – December 19, 2012 08:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • POI is awesome. Revolution gets better and better every episode and that’s great. I enjoy watching it.

Comment by John – November 16, 2012 10:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I thought this is a great characret for JOHN LOCK.The last episode gave me the sad feeling of getting “LOST”

Comment by JOEG – November 23, 2012 08:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I cannot believe they are canceling 666, just when it is really getting good! Give it a chance. It is at the point that I will not start watching anything new, just to watch it get canceled. I’ll get it on Netflix later on if it’s picked up.

Comment by bklynburl – November 27, 2012 06:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I hope they give it a second chance as this series is going to get better as time goes on.I will giving up on any new series as ABC is to fast to pull the plug

Comment by mike krivak – December 7, 2012 07:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Agreed! I always give shows a chance to fully develop. I’m disappointed in BOTH cancellations.

Comment by gm – December 30, 2012 12:59 PM PDT
        • I feel the same way. I looked forward to watching Revenge and the 666 Park Ave. Couldn’t believe it was canceled.

Comment by upnorthpeg – March 26, 2013 04:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Well I liked the show, not everyone has the same taste in programmings..

Comment by Teresa – February 3, 2013 06:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed!!

Comment by maltru – November 16, 2012 04:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, ditto on both shows. What really sucks is that ABC chose the worst possible time slot to put Last Resort in and it never really had a chance to build an audience. What a missed opportunity this was.

Comment by TigerNightmare – November 16, 2012 06:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I so agree with this post. Last Resort should never have been slotted for 8:00. I was really excited about it after watching the pilot…too bad it lost its way. 666 Park seemed a pale imitation of last seasons American Horror Story. I watched the pilot and then flushed it.

Comment by TheBeach – November 17, 2012 03:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Why Don’t you IDIOTS CANCELL: ALL YOUR NEWS SHOWS. SPORTS SHOWS. DANCING SHOWS. ALL YOUR SPORTING SHOWS. SUNDAY NEWS SHOWS. JUST PUT ON 24/7 OF CARTOONS. FOR AS LOBG AS I LIVE. I WILL NEVER WATCH ANY TYPE OF SHOWS. THAT ARE RELATED TO ABC IR DISNEY EVER AGAIN. YOU BLOOMING IDIOTS. ALSO ABCS WIDE WORLD OF SPORTS.THE BOWLING SHOW. ON SATURDAY AFTERNOON. PLUS DYNASTY.. YOU IDIOTS HAVE TASTE OF TV SHOWS FROM YOUR FAT ASSES. YOU HAVENT HEARD THE LAST FROM ME. MR WASSERMAN

Comment by Mr Michael Wasserman – November 19, 2012 04:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • This doesn’t appear to have been written by the Michael Wasserman I know.

Howard

Comment by Howard – March 20, 2013 11:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • 666 is one of the best shows to come along since Lost. Sunday nights are going downhill again. Perhaps it will get picked up by another network. Hint…Hint…SYFY?…FX?…Somebody, Pleeeease…!

Comment by pennu – November 25, 2012 03:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I thouroughly enjoyed 666 and Last Resort… I am not sure why all of the unique story lines get canned… give these shows a chance to survive…. i am so tired of cop shows and reality tv…. it makes me want to not want to invest time in any new show because I get hooked and they get cancelled : V/Flash Forward/The Event…the list goes on and on…

Comment by Michelle H – November 26, 2012 11:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Your so right I was not sure about 666 at first, It started of messy but its starting to get good and actually lead somewhere Im disapointed its been cancelled, and your right about investing in new shows the event and V were good I forgot about them

Comment by Nieem – December 4, 2012 01:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I feel the sane way. I liked V as well. What pisses me off the most is they cancel shows without giving them any resolution! Abc should at least let the viewers and show have that. It seems like all that’s on tv anymore is reality and cop shows, don’t get me wrong, law and order svu is one of my favorites,not that it hires on abc. Anything a little different gets tossed.

Comment by Renee – June 23, 2013 09:41 AM PDT
        • I agree. I am so tired of investing time in watching a TV Show just to be left wondering what was next. I enjoyed Last Resort, but I guess the mentality of your executives is to place “Dancing” shows in the best time slots. ABC killed the “Last Resort” BEFORE it had a chance.

Comment by YIISD – December 30, 2012 06:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I totally agree. I would love to see 666 picked by another network, I.e. SYFY. They know how to do scary. Loved 666.

Comment by mary – December 2, 2012 03:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I said the same exact thing, hopefully those two particular networks will pick it up & flourish.

Comment by Nikkie – December 2, 2012 06:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I do hope SyFi will pick up 666 Park Ave. 666 is one of my favorite shows.

Comment by Tim Vest – December 9, 2012 07:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I definitely hope someone will pick it up that can do it justice. Umm, and pick up The River as well. It (666) did not have to move so slowly but I thought it was building up to something.

Comment by gm – December 30, 2012 01:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I know I loved this show .So upset that they canceled it.

Comment by marge – January 6, 2013 07:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • true

Comment by C'est Ma Vie Mandei – July 19, 2013 03:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Cannot believe they are canceling 666. It was a good show. Love Terry O”Quinn. ABC, please reconsider!!!

Comment by Pat – December 1, 2012 06:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Honestly. I’m done watching a single show from this series. The fact that ‘one million moms’ can target this show for having ‘the mark of the beast’ in it’s title and get away with it? I say we start burning christians on their cross. Their zealousness should equate to death…not me to be forced to live by their standards.

Comment by Kane Baumann – December 3, 2012 04:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I will not sit and tolerate one christian dictating me how to live my life beyond our current laws and regulations.

Comment by lakexeno – December 3, 2012 04:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m a christian. A catholic. A mom. And, a vegan. I really liked the show (666) and shows of its ilk. I am hoping to see another network pick it up as well. So, please don’t blame or burn all christian moms! ;-)

Comment by gm – December 30, 2012 01:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Go back to molesting your children, you disgusting fascist. As if any TV executive ever listened to Christians.

Comment by Bosco – January 27, 2013 08:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Heartbroken here as well over Last Resort getting the ax. :(

Comment by Sheri in Reho – December 10, 2012 10:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally upset about 666 park avenue being cancelled. I absolutely loved the show. Boo to abc right now.

Comment by deana – January 3, 2013 07:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am saddened to see both Last Resort and 666 Park Ave. leave the weekly TV line up I enjoyed both series tremendously. The shows taking there spot (in my estimation only) leave a lot to be desired and have no meat to the plots of the show. I am disappointed with the ABC executive decision.

Comment by Bev – January 6, 2013 09:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My Friday just keeps getting worse. First, Taylor Swift sells out before I can get my tickets and now two of my shows get cancelled. Ugh. What next?

Comment by English – November 16, 2012 03:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You decide to start watching HBO and listening to PJ Harvey? Hey, this might be a good thing!

Comment by Sam – November 16, 2012 03:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Lol

Comment by Jim – November 16, 2012 04:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Although, now that I think about it, Cinderella can now return to Once Upon A Time now that Jessy Schram is free again.

Comment by English – November 16, 2012 04:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Better then having her return to Fallen Skies.

Comment by Jennifer – November 16, 2012 04:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • That is exatly what my first thought was when I read this. Tried Last Resort but couldn’t get into it and ever since Last Resort has been “The Show That Stole Cinderella From Once Upon a Time” to me. She’s a woefully underused character on OUAT.

Comment by Eric – November 16, 2012 06:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well this sucks What a way to start the weekend

Comment by maynepei – November 16, 2012 03:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. Powers that be should at least try different, better time slots for Last Resort before nuking it. They don’t even try to see if their initial optimism for this show will work somewhere else. They put in all this effort, time and money into making a show wiith substance and at the first bump in the road, they throw it all away. There is nothing on any of the major networks on a saturday night. The demographics on this nite would probably be better for Last Resort to survive. TRY SOMETHING! Some of us need substance in our TV watching, reality shows suck.

Comment by Albert Montez – November 17, 2012 06:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Very well said! What a horrible way to start the week. I like both shows and will be sorry to see them go. Oh well at least they were given 13 episodes each. Now let’s see if ABC does what they say they will do and show the remaining episodes?!?

Comment by elr – November 19, 2012 08:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m sad about 666 Park Avenue. It was melodramatic, but I was enjoying it.

Comment by MoxieSue – November 16, 2012 03:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I really like 666 Park Avenue .It is a great show.

Comment by Joe – November 17, 2012 06:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agree, I was increasingly looking forward to 666, it deserves a longer run.

Comment by tara17 – November 18, 2012 09:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Way suck. I loved 666. And Last Resort had its positives. I think that officially leaves basically no new shows im watching since Partners was cancelled too…

Comment by Chris – November 16, 2012 03:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Actually, I lied a little. I am watching Nashville and the Mob Doctor…but we all know MD is getting cancelled too. And Im pretty bored with Nashville.

Comment by Chris – November 16, 2012 03:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You should be watching Revolution. Its getting so good. Elementary bores me out of my mind.

Comment by POIFanatic – November 17, 2012 04:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I haven’t been able to care about Nashville. Last Resort I really enjoyed.

Comment by Elaine – November 18, 2012 07:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You should be watching elementary, it’s by far my favorite new show.

Comment by leah – November 16, 2012 03:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’ve been watching Arrow and Elementary, but neither are high on my priority list. I’m finding both to be enjoyable but I sense staleness on the horizon.

Comment by Emily – November 16, 2012 03:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No surprise for either, but I was hoping a few more episodes would be ordered of 666 Park Ave. Oh well, on the plus side, we’ll hopefully see some closure on all these cliffhangers.

Comment by Heather – November 16, 2012 03:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Two shows cancelled that starred people from Ugly Betty. Must be a curse!

Comment by Babybop – November 16, 2012 03:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And with the Goodwin Games getting its order cut, it really must be!

Comment by Andie – November 16, 2012 03:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • There might be a curse for shows that have people from One Tree Hill in the supporting cast.

Comment by Liz – November 16, 2012 03:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Perhaps. But who from One Tree Hill was in Last Resort? I never watched it, but from what I could find, there was no one. Though it’s a shame. I loved having Robert Buckley back on my TV.

Comment by May – November 17, 2012 10:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Last Resort was a great drama that did not conform to the usual network fare: police shows, soap operas and reality shows. Maybe another network will pick this up.

Comment by Sal Ferrara – November 16, 2012 03:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Last Resort was a great drama, and it’s a real shame that it didn’t find it’s audience. It’s ratings weren’t great, although I hoped that it wouldn’t be so poor that it deserved immediate cancellation.

Comment by ben – November 16, 2012 04:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s highly unlikely that another network will pick up a ratings loser.

Comment by Alex – November 16, 2012 04:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My submariner husband couldn’t watch Last Resort (too many blunders by the show) but we sort of got into 666. Hope they at least give us a few answers before the end of the 13 episodes.

Comment by Amanda B – November 16, 2012 03:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • THIS IS WHAT I GET FOR ENJOYING ANOTHER SHAWN RYAN SHOW.

Comment by Tricia – November 16, 2012 03:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well, The Unit did last 4 seasons, but its been generally rough going for Shawn since The Shield.

Comment by Pat D. – November 16, 2012 04:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Last Resort was one of the best new series of this season, Damn you ABC for not giving a chance or a proper slot. I get why Park Avenue was cancelled, that series was cheesy hell.

Comment by Mire – November 16, 2012 03:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No! Last resort! They should have at least tried a different time slot first.

Comment by lifesanarsehole – November 16, 2012 03:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • well,that’s too bad about 666,but i was kinda expecting it..shame,that poor Rachael Taylor can’t succeed…kinda rooting for her. also gonna miss Terry O’Quinn!

Comment by Georgie – November 16, 2012 03:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He should be back in Hawaii Five-0 really soon now.

Comment by Barbie Furtado – November 16, 2012 04:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Oh my God, no please!

Comment by Tess – November 16, 2012 06:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I hope he comes onto Revolution and POI as a recurring character. Man’s too good for these other dregs.

Comment by POIFanatic – November 17, 2012 04:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Hawaii Five-0 = LIFE.

Comment by Barbie Furtado – November 17, 2012 07:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • But I hate his character, so, Revolution can have him. I don’t like him much, and I don’t like the show much. Perfect match.

Comment by Barbie Furtado – November 17, 2012 07:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Your name suits you perfectly as well.

Comment by POIfanatic – November 17, 2012 09:38 AM PDT
  • I like 666 park ave! That depresses me greatly!

Comment by Lina Moyer – November 16, 2012 03:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ugh loved both! Abc what are thinking??? Tho I do watch it from DVr only cuz I put those slots for watching the walking dead and the vampire diaries.

Comment by Tina – November 16, 2012 03:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sad about both :( 666 was a fun show to watch with the fam (They’re too scared to watch AHS, so this is a watered down version) and Last Resort was just plain good. Disappointing.

Comment by melliemd – November 16, 2012 03:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Im not surprised i liked them both will the play the rest of them or stop airing them asap? because i got some unwatched episodes on my Tivo and i will just deleted them if ther is no clousre

Comment by joe – November 16, 2012 03:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not surprised. Last Resort always puzzled me. I liked the premise but didn’t see how it could sustain as a series. I think a mini-series would have made more sense.

Comment by Fran – November 16, 2012 03:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well, now it IS a miniseries…

Comment by cat – November 16, 2012 03:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Love the show, but t could have easily been the plot of a movie. 2 hours and done.

Comment by Chuck Finley (AJ) – November 16, 2012 04:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • First Hostess goes out of business resulting in many products leaving the shelves and many thousands of people out of a job. Then ABC cancels shows. I love Last Resort and sad they have canceled it!

Comment by Tracey – November 16, 2012 03:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Phew…now I can delete the 5 episodes of Last Resort and 3 episodes of 666 that I have been trying to get around to seeing. Oh well!

Comment by Tracy Elliott – November 16, 2012 03:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Last Resort is an absolutely insane show that makes no sense, but it was FUN. It deserved some more effort from ABC. Fie on them.

Comment by cat – November 16, 2012 03:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Fie on them? I’m unfamiliar with this term. Is it anything like, “Fart on them”?

Comment by TigerNightmare – November 16, 2012 06:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Surprised it took ABC this long.

Comment by tahina – November 16, 2012 03:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Crap!!!

Comment by Michael Sacal – November 16, 2012 03:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Never, EVER trust ABC to know what the hell it’s doing. I bought into Last Resort…that’s my fault but it won’t happen again. It’s the one network that will never attain any stability only because they are so quick on the trigger. Do yourselves a favor, give NBC a try….they at least give decent shows a chance to grab an audience.

Comment by JimC – November 16, 2012 03:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t think they were quick to the trigger on LR… I just don’t think a show like that fits their current brand image (i.e. lifetime lite).

What ABC needs to realize is what exactly does it want its brand image to be? If it wants to diversify and attract more males to its brand, it needs to nurture and promote shows like Last Resort. Otherwise stick to your brand and don’t develop pilots aimed at a male demographic

Comment by eridapo – November 16, 2012 03:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Please don’t say brand three times in one post. You look like you just took a class in BRRANNNNNND-ing.

Comment by Matthew wilder – November 17, 2012 11:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Lol at “lifetime lite” there. That’s a good way to describe ABC these days. Shows like Grey’s Anatomy, private practice, once upon a time, revenge, scandal…A network full of those seems like the exact same opposite place for something like Last Resort.

Side note,the actress who plays Grace is just too soft and princess-looking to buy as a naval Lieutenant. She was a weak spot in the cast.

Comment by B – November 18, 2012 09:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LMAO, NBC canned Animal Practice well before ABC cancelled Last Resort and 666. ABC gave both shows plenty of time to show some life. They didn’t; they’re gone. Just watch something else. TV shows come and go.

Comment by Alex – November 16, 2012 04:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • He said decent shows. Animal Practice was not a decent show by anyone’s definition.

Comment by Jim – November 16, 2012 05:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, maybe that’s why NBC is the 4th rated major network. Renewing stale shows like Grimm, and canceling smart shows like Awake.

Comment by jemagu – November 16, 2012 09:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • A 5 episode history is waaaaay too quick to cancel a show… with all the money they’ve already spent producing it they could at least give it a full season order, no one will watch the remaining eps now that it’s been canceled

Comment by janice – November 17, 2012 02:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo EVERYTHING BUT LAST RESORT, ABC! DAMN YOU!!!! NOT A FINE WEEKEND THIS WILL BE. NOT. A. FINE. ONE.
    someone revive it please, I need good television in my life…

Comment by emma – November 16, 2012 03:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So sad, Last Resort was one of the only two new shows I watch! …the second being Mob Doctor which we all know is next.

Comment by Kelly – November 16, 2012 03:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Damn. I really liked Last Resort, and I liked 666, as well. :)

Comment by Mark – November 16, 2012 03:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I liked Last Resort at first, but then found it to be silly — it’s characters portrayed a lack of common sense. For such a small crew, in a dangerous place, the CO would have put in place a mandatory musters to account for all crew at all times. They would have also put in place a buddy system. When the female sailor was dropped off with explosives taped to her body or the COB kidnapped, drugged and tortured — it is more likely that they would been identified as missing muster and search teams dispersed. Instead, the crew sits around and parties. Nonsense! They needed better military liaisons to help writers develop realistic scenarios. I’ll still miss the show. Hopefully, it ends with a bang.

Comment by navyboy – November 16, 2012 03:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You pointed out many inconsistencies with the show. The characters are also poorly written, especially XO-Sophia. It could have been good, but they jumped the shark with the laughable Russian SEAL equivalents and fake relationships.

Comment by POIFanatic – November 17, 2012 04:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Last Resort… Unfortunately, fan excuse bingo her, it was aired in the wrong time and the wrong net. LR is primarily male friendly show aired on a night against Football and on a network that for all intents is the Lifetime of broadcast television.

This show would have worked on Tuesday @ 9 or 10PM on ABC…

Comment by eridapo – November 16, 2012 03:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 5.8 million viewers isn’t enough? What a joke. I am really going to miss Last Resort.

Comment by Paul Wren (@ElevenPointTwo) – November 16, 2012 03:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really enjoyed 666 Park Avenue. Last Resort was good at first but I was wondering where they were going with it.

Comment by Pat Shelley – November 16, 2012 03:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i never got interested in either of these but that sucks for the viewers they did pull in, its never fun when a new show you just started watching gets canned (awake is still fresh in the memory, can you tell?).
    its a real shame for rachel taylor, she deserves a star maker not two shows getting dropped in two years, not to mention getting dropped from transformers after being the best part of the first one in order to give more screen time to megan fox’s ass

Comment by Alan – November 16, 2012 03:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agree about Rachel. This gorgeous, talented actress deserves better.
      Awake atleast had a somewhat decent ending. Just hope every show learns to wrap up when it knows its not coming back.

Comment by POIFanatic – November 17, 2012 04:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bummer news about Last Resort. It was the best and most original of the new season, in my opinion, and I fear that its cancellation will only lead to more cop/doctor/soap dreck. Sigh. Heavy, heavy sigh.

Comment by spuffy – November 16, 2012 03:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Everything I’ve heard about ABC’s Zero Hour suggests it’s anything but cop/doctor/soap dreck. It’s apparently quite wacko.

Comment by TMW – November 16, 2012 05:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Zero Hour looks awesome.

Comment by POIFanatic – November 17, 2012 04:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well thank God I abandoned 666 after 2 episodes and Last Resort after 3…..
    666 looked goon on the paper and in trailer but was going nowhere. I didn’t really love first episode. It was just O’k. But I ave it chance and watched second episode. But it was kind of boring and I didn’’t care about any characters.And I didn’t care how it will go on.

Last Resort never had a chance. It should have been mini-series with 6 episodes. First ep. was cool and fine. But where will it lead after they settle down on that island? They are gonna stay on that Island until they will be canceled and every episode they will have some small fights with locals and between themselves. AND THEY KILLED David Karofsky in first episode for absolutely no reason. I couldn’t believe it. Why? Max Adler was a well recognizable face. He even has fans. Why didn’t they let him be supporting character on Last Resort? It’s not like he was some big star who demanded more money.

Comment by Shy – November 16, 2012 03:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • now it’s going to be a mini-series with 13 episodes

Comment by Blake – November 16, 2012 04:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will miss Park Place because of the cast. But I was expecting it. The writing is really poor and the plots make no sense. I still don’t have a sense of where this is supposed to go. Last Resort was already boring me. The critical acclaim comes from the acting but the actual plot is terrible. The US bombing an unsuspecting Pakistan. A sub going rogue and firing a missile at the US. The evil US trying to destroy its own. Too much. I watched because I’m an ABC fan but I was getting restless and bored with the direction this was taking. ABC skewed towards women. They should try to appeal to that demographic with something that is not as patronizing and gratuitous as Charlie’s Angels. Maybe Body of Proof…

Comment by Ana – November 16, 2012 03:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I wonder if NOW Rachael Taylor will wish she has returned to Grey’s Anatomy when she was asked after CA was cancelled.

Comment by Ana – November 16, 2012 03:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have no idea what I’m going to do with myself now Vanessa Williams is officially off my tv. She BETTER star in a show next season.

Comment by Jason – November 16, 2012 03:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I AGREE!!!! What’s TV without Vanessa Williams, man!!!!??? She was too good for “666″ anyway, but still…I definitely think there’s going to be a void without her.

Comment by Mark – November 16, 2012 09:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As cynical as it is, I’m so glad I never watched Last Resort. The previews actually looked great to me, but I just couldn’t see it surviving and I didn’t want to get invested. Looks like I made the right decision. Am I part of the problem? Perhaps. Perhaps viewer distrust of the networks hurts these shows. Still, if the pilot had good ratings (Like say, Revolution) I definitely would have re-watched the pilot and then commited to the series if I liked it. This just seemed immediately dead in the water.

There were so many things against this show it’s baffling it even got picked up on ABC. First of all, ABC is definitely heavily skewing to a female-oriented audience for dramas. This seems much more like a male-oriented show. It doesn’t fit at all in their lineup. Also, a seemingly mature show like this airing at 8pm? Fail. Before Grey’s? Fail.

This should have been on FX, hell even CBS.

Comment by Mark222 – November 16, 2012 03:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, I can see this doing quite well on CBS, which leans more toward male oriented programs. And I wish ABC would have given them another chance in a diferent timeslot, heck even try them out on Saturday night before giving them the ax.

Comment by elr – November 19, 2012 12:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • With 666 being canceled, is terry o’quinn going back 2 h50

Comment by Cody – November 16, 2012 03:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • well hmm should I even watch the episode of 666 Park Ave. that I have on the dvr from Sunday?

Comment by Robin – November 16, 2012 03:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not surprised about 666 though still too bad; the pilot was pretty terrible but it seemed to find some footing in the last 3 or 4 episodes, which were all very good. And Rachael Taylor, Dave Annable and of course my wonderful Vanessa Williams were all great(plus she had some pretty good chemistry with Terry O’Quinn). Still, hopefully this will bring Body of Proof back to the schedule sooner rather than later.

Comment by ChrisGa – November 16, 2012 03:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It definitely improved as time went on. I wasn’t planning to watch any new shows since last year most of the ones I did start ended up canceled, but was bored one night and stumbled onto 666. Kinda bummed now. Was looking forward to seeing how the craziness was going to play out. Hope they at least wrap it up nicely.

Comment by tripoli – November 16, 2012 08:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was hoping 666 would get a full season just so they could finish the story…if they don’t give us some type of answers I’m going to be very upset…

Comment by Billy – November 16, 2012 03:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just when I was getting into Last Resort… (At least I got to see Grace/James do it :P)

Comment by Amy – November 16, 2012 03:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NOOOOOOOOOOOO WHY LAST RESORT!!! I LOVE THAT SHOW!!! I HATE YOU ABC

Comment by Lore – November 16, 2012 03:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please let Vanessa Williams join Revenge as Ashley Davenport mother!!!

Comment by jw79bull – November 16, 2012 03:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Brillant casting! She will fit right in with the snooty attitude of the hamptons!

Comment by lll – November 16, 2012 04:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • What a wonderful idea!!!

Comment by Chloe – November 16, 2012 05:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • GREAT idea-it would explain how she managed to get to live in the US, for starters. Ashley said to someone last season that she’d grown up in a dreary town in England named Croydon. Maybe it turned out she was dumped there by her American mother to live with her father or something. And they could bring on a great British acfor ti play her dad.

Comment by TMW – November 16, 2012 06:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Perfect!!! Please post everywhere…this NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Comment by Sara – November 16, 2012 07:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes, yes, and yes!!!*
        *such a brilliant idea I needed to say it in triplicate

Comment by moobear – November 16, 2012 08:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Noooo Last Resort!!!!

Comment by A – November 16, 2012 03:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I really loved last resort

Comment by Jeff – November 16, 2012 07:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • sorry, you guys.
    i know how it feels to have favorites canceled.
    however, wooooooohooooooo — cause i didnt watch EITHER!

Comment by adios! – November 16, 2012 04:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can we please ship Rachael Taylor back to Grey’s Anatomy now? She had a great character on that show that really worked well with Alex. please?

Not surprised on Last Resort. With 666 gone can we move Nashville to Sunday at 10? it would be such a better fit directly after revenge.

Comment by Matthew – November 16, 2012 04:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I couldn’t get into 666 Park Ave but I love Last Resort. Sad to see it go.

Comment by Ali – November 16, 2012 04:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Damn, I was really enjoying Last Resort – it was so refreshing.
    Now just to wait for news from the CW (dear god I hope they renew beauty and the beast)

Comment by mia – November 16, 2012 04:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They already did give it a back nine.

Comment by Marco – November 17, 2012 01:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I actually really liked Park Avenue. I’m kind of bummed by this.

Comment by Demarcus – November 16, 2012 04:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post