Glee, Supernatural, Vampire Diaries and Castle Top 2013 People's Choice Nominations

Get More: Awards

People's Choice Awards Nominations 2013The people have spoken, and they remain enamored with Glee and The Vampire Diaries

The Fox musicomdrama and the CW thriller scored a leading five nominations apiece for the 2013 People’s Choice Awards.

Following close behind with four nods was Supernatural, while The Big Bang Theory, The Voice, The X Factor, Once Upon a Time and Castle all scored three.

Scroll down for the complete list of TV nominations (winners will be announced during a live ceremony hosted by Big Bang‘s Kaley Cuoco on Jan. 9 on CBS). And to vote, click here.

Favorite Network TV Comedy:

•  Ellen Pompeo
  •  Emily Deschanel
  •  Ginnifer Goodwin
  •  Nina Dobrev
  •  Stana Katic

Favorite Daytime TV Host:

•  George Stephanopoulos, Josh Elliott, Lara Spencer, Robin Roberts, Sam Champion, GMA
  •  Kelly Ripa and Michael Strahan, Live with Kelly & Michael
  •  Ellen DeGeneres, The Ellen DeGeneres Show
  •  Al Roker, Savannah Guthrie, Matt Lauer, Natalie Morales, Today
  •  Barbara Walters, Elisabeth Hasselbeck, Joy Behar, Sherri Shepherd, Whoopi Goldberg, The View

Favorite Late Night Talk Show Host:

•  Last Resort
  •  The Mob Doctor
  •  Nashville
  •  Revolution
  •  Vegas

Comments (131)

• Gossip Girl has no business being nominated for anything. Even the Peoples Choice Awards. Its THAT BAD.

Comment by FallonA – November 15, 2012 10:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • As soon as I saw that I knew these awards were meaningless.

Comment by Ava – November 15, 2012 05:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • True fact

Comment by Mick – November 16, 2012 05:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So excited for Stana Katic’s nomination. Go watch “Kill Shot” (season 4; episode 9) and tell me she didn’t give an award worthy performance.
    I shall go and vote, vote, vote for her.

Comment by Samantha – November 15, 2012 10:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • YES! STANA KATIC FOR ALL THE AWARDS.

Comment by Jenn – November 15, 2012 10:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • STANA FTW! Heh, now I realized that I’m behaving like a… stanitic! Dammit, I even have a name for this thing XD

Comment by Ribac – November 15, 2012 10:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Amen to this.

Comment by Isabella – November 15, 2012 10:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And After the Storm, she was superb in it, voting for Stana

Comment by JAA – November 15, 2012 10:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Stana should have won 3 Emmys already, so give her at least an PCA people!!! She deserves it most!!!!

Comment by Lilu – November 15, 2012 11:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Emily D. should win the award for best drama actress based on last episode alone! Or you know, this whole perfect season.

Comment by Amy – November 15, 2012 10:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is not the People’s Choice Awards, it’s the Teen Girl Choice Awards.

Comment by D'Arcy – November 15, 2012 10:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ^This!

Comment by Renee – November 15, 2012 10:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LOL Especially with Awkward being nominated

Comment by gailer – November 15, 2012 10:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m nowhere near being a teenage girl, but after watching Awkward with my cousin, I do think it is pretty funny.
        If anything, Gossip Girl and the diary vampire show are the saddest things on this list.

Comment by Alex – November 15, 2012 10:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s what I thought, I mean, really? Vampire Diaries leads with 5 nods, I hope they don’t win, cause if they do I’ll stop voting and watching this awards. My choice is Supernatural, but right now my wish is to see TVD not winning any nomination at all. Everyone vote against them please.

Comment by Dan – November 15, 2012 12:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • My thoughts exactly. I was a little unsure if i was going to vote for Supernatural or Doctor Who in SciFi, but after a little thought I realised that nothing like that can beat Supernatural, it has it all. With fave tv fan following I voted about 20 times to try and make sure that Vampire Diaries doesnt win, i’m a teen girl and I know that its a terrible show, especially if you compare it to the first 3 books (the later ones are worst than the show….)

Comment by Ellen – November 17, 2012 11:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This 43-year-old woman is voting for Castle, Nathan, and Stana.

Comment by Maria – November 15, 2012 12:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • This one too!

Comment by Janet – November 15, 2012 02:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • This one three!

Comment by keja – November 15, 2012 03:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Me man. But “Castle” keeps knocking it out of the park. How do they keep so creative? I love all the characters(I love “Nashville,” hate ALL the characters). This show has now risen to the top of my “never disappointed me” list. If they can keep knocking my socks off, I’ll just have to consider going barefoot and replacing my top 2 shows, “The Mentalist” and “Person of Interest,” with this gem. Nov. 12th’s show should be required viewing in all college TV production courses and placed in a time capsule for future generations. It was THAT tremendous!

Comment by cmaglaughlin – November 15, 2012 08:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • 31 and voting for Castle folks! and btw, TVD is an awesome show, and nina dobrev is an crazy good actress. I’m still votin for Stana though (because of my OCD)

Comment by Lilu – November 15, 2012 11:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Were the ballots handed out at Walmarts? All award shows are jokes these days. This being the pinnacle.

Comment by bradnies – November 15, 2012 10:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Vampire Diaries also has FIVE nominations (not four), thus tying for the lead. Best Sci-Fi/Fantasy, Ian, Paul and Nina for Best Dramatic actors, and TVD fan following.

Comment by Jason – November 15, 2012 10:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • CAN’T YOU COUNT, AUSIELLO? REVISE YOUR STORY.

Comment by pantheralumguy – November 15, 2012 10:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Please be polite to the TVLine writers. They work hard to bring you entertainment.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – November 15, 2012 04:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Darn, I guess writing in Revengers for best TV fan following didn’t do any good. Happy ONCE is nominated, though I think Lana Parilla should have been nominated instead Ginnifer Goodwin, but both would have been better. Still mad glee is even considered a comedy. It’s not funny in the slightest.

Comment by Mike – November 15, 2012 10:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think Glee is something people laugh at instead of with.

Comment by Renee – November 15, 2012 10:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Forever Revengers! “Remember that one time, at revenge camp…” Voting it as Favorite Network TV Drama though for sure!!

Comment by iMember – November 15, 2012 10:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bones has to win!!! I love that show <3 <3

Comment by Astrid – November 15, 2012 10:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Very happy for Nathan, Stana and Castle!! Well deserved!

Comment by Andrea – November 15, 2012 10:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hawaii Five-0: better not be taken off. My channel is only tuned to CBS and it is one of it’s big winners and one of the best!!!! Still do not understand why NCIS WHICH IS THE BEST HAS NEVER WON; BUT don’t get me wrong LOVE CASTLE even though not on CBS and LAW & ORDER SVU – MARISKA IS GREAT

Comment by Debbie Henson – November 5, 2013 04:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope Ian Somerhalder wins just so I can stare at him some more…

Comment by Babybop – November 15, 2012 10:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Happy with the Castle, Once Upon A Time (sad Lana Parilla didn’t get a nod, but still), Revenge, and Big Bang nominations (I may even watch this year)! Sad that the SAME actors from Glee get nominated time and again. (not that I dislike Lea, Chris, or Jane) This is a very talented ensemble, let’s see some different people! Disappointed that Rizzolli and Isles got nothing. Where were the fans?! All in all, considering fans do the nominating and voting…not too shabby.

Comment by Kelly – November 15, 2012 10:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The fans of Rizzoli and Isles are busy having lives and not being 12 year old girls.

Comment by Josh – November 15, 2012 11:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • So what you’re implying is that you ARE that 12 year old??? In case you didn’t know THIS is the people’s choice award and the TEENs choice awards was a couple of months ago!!!!!

Comment by Jade – November 15, 2012 12:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • So your saying no teen got to vote for this one? Because given the choices listed everybody knows thats not true.

Comment by Renee – November 15, 2012 01:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glee is still a comedy? I thought that turned into a drama starring Darren Criss as Blaine. Blee!

Comment by KiKi – November 15, 2012 10:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • STANA KATIC! Need I say more? :D

Comment by Kristine – November 15, 2012 10:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No MadMen??!!!!!!

Comment by gailer – November 15, 2012 10:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • WHAT no Dexter? Travesty!

Comment by Tblond – November 15, 2012 11:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Should ave said Michael C Hall should have been nominated

Comment by Tblond – November 15, 2012 11:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t understand how Glee is considered a comedy. It’s not funny. The only characters that are funny are Brittany and maybe Sue. I was really hoping Supernatural would be nominated in the TV Network Drama category. I was also rooting for Falling Skies in the TV Cable Drama.

Comment by Kristin – November 15, 2012 10:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I also think Jared Padalecki or Jensen Ackles should get the drama actor because they give such terrific performances on Supernatural. It’s a very under-rated show.

Comment by Kristin – November 15, 2012 10:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree, especially for Padalecki, he hasn’t win any acting award…I hope he wins! People, if you don’t know who to vote for on the favorite dramatic actor category…vote for Jared Padalecki, please!!

Comment by Jon – November 15, 2012 12:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I personally feel like Jensen Ackles deserves it more, I would be a little disappointed if Jared Padaleki won instead of him, but not as disappointed as if someone from say Vampire Diaries won it.

Comment by Ellen – November 18, 2012 11:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • The thing is that Jared has never win an award before, Jensen has.

Comment by Jon – November 18, 2012 12:53 PM PDT
      • Jensen Ackles is actually one of the best actors on television. If his show wasn’t on the CW, he would probably have an Emmy or Golden Globe nomination by now.

Comment by Alex – November 15, 2012 10:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • My thought exactly, him and Misha Collins. You can’t always tell with Misha Collins though as his character is very dry and awkard so sometimes its seems like his acting isnt the best, but if you compare it to the episode where they got sent to a parallel universe and you see his acting there then its brilliant.

Comment by Ellen – November 18, 2012 11:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 9 seasons and counting! Yet Grey’s Anatomy still manages to get nominated for best drama! Ellen Pompeo is such an amazing actress – so underrated! Go Greys!

Comment by Rawr – November 15, 2012 10:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Where is Justified? I am amazed at how this show is continually overlooked along with the its cast.

Comment by jsswite – November 15, 2012 10:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just want Revenge to win everything. Because it’s awesome. (Also, I’m happy and sad about some of these nominations but I’m too lazy to type more than this.)

Comment by Anna – November 15, 2012 10:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Castle vs Bones… let the fighting begin:D

Comment by steph – November 15, 2012 10:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Got my popcorn ready!

Comment by madbengalsfan85 – November 15, 2012 11:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • NCIS!

Comment by Zorkel567 – November 15, 2012 01:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Surprised to see that there is no single nomination for Fringe and Community , what happened?? :(
    I hoped that Jennifer Morrison is nominated, love her as Emma. Otherwise I´m glad because it would have been cruel to choose between Gin and Jen in the final. ;)

Comment by Andrea – November 15, 2012 11:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Fringe is the best show on TV since Lost is off

Comment by Tblond – November 15, 2012 11:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, I’m not happy about the lack of “Community” nods, either. And late night? No Ferguson, Colbert, or Stewart?

Bleh. Not right.

Comment by Angela – November 15, 2012 08:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They have the right idea splitting cable and network, seriously Emmys, there are way more shows on than when you started, expanding categories would in no way cheapen your awesomeness. Also LOL at the Choice TV Drama Actor nominees, how inbred is that. Also, I love that the favorite Late Night Host basically just seems like a dig at Jay Leno

Comment by Drewer – November 15, 2012 11:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What…..no Scandal are you kidding me???

Comment by Connie – November 15, 2012 11:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Doctor Who FTW!!! :D

Comment by Sierra – November 15, 2012 11:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • (Dumb) People’s Choice Awards.

Comment by Superhero – November 15, 2012 11:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No really it’s (Teen Girls) People’s choice awards.

Comment by Mike – November 15, 2012 01:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • That right there’s what we call a tautology.

Comment by Superhero – November 15, 2012 01:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay for a Psych nomination!

Comment by Astrat911 – November 15, 2012 11:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes! I hope we win :)

Comment by Mikayla – November 15, 2012 12:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How is Glee nominated in the Comedy category? It hasn’t been funny since S1.

Comment by James – November 15, 2012 11:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • All the awards for Revenge! Seriously though, disappointed Madeline Stowe and Emily VanCamp aren’t nominated! But…ALL THE AWARDS FOR REVENGE!

Comment by iMember – November 15, 2012 11:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Where is Community? Sons of Anarchy? Parenthood? Happy Endings? Louis? Alexander Skarsgard? Katey Sagal? Joel McHale? Donald Glover? John Noble? Jared Padalecki was seriously voted for best dramatic actor? Don’t get me wrong- I dig the show and have loved him on SPN and GG but best actor? His “dramatic acting” faces are ridiculous! Glee blew last season and (IMO) Big Bang Theory has never been funny.This has to be mostly tweens voting here. Ugh.

Comment by Kat – November 15, 2012 11:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Unfortunately true, I only really voted for Castle, Homeland and such cuz I just watch that, but well GG, Glee and SPN being nommed at all just baffles the mind. Same for TVD (sorry TVD fans) Guess they tweens just had a ton more time to vote.

Comment by Symce – November 15, 2012 12:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Screw you! Supernatural is the best fantasy show ever!!

Comment by Jon – November 15, 2012 12:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • No, that would be Doctor Who.

Comment by Emily – November 15, 2012 05:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Exactly my point. Ppl vote for the SPN and TVD guys cause they’re eye candy, not because they can act, it’s embarassing.

I voted for the people who blew my mind on several occasions because of their acting chops.

Comment by Symce – November 15, 2012 11:26 PM PDT
          • Dr. Who is not even original…screw you too.

Comment by Jon – November 16, 2012 09:04 PM PDT
    • Screw you, Jared Padalecki has been acting great! You’ve got no idea, and its not BEST actor, its best dramatic actor. His acting skills are awesome, he has played normal Sam, Lucifer, soulless Sam, and demon blood Sam. He deserves that nomination, and the WIN!

Comment by Jon – November 15, 2012 12:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m with ya. Looking at the stuff nominated makes me hate everything. I’m thinking of dyeing my hair.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – November 15, 2012 04:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • +1
        I think a blue streak wouldn’t go amiss here, I mean, seriously no Community? I take heart though that Stana Katic got a nomination, there’s hope after all.

Comment by Pip – November 16, 2012 03:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I understand your dislike for TVD for getting 5 nods, but I do think both SPN and TVD deserve some respect….I love SPN, its my favorite show, but that doesn’t mean I have to hate the other shows and its actors…show some respect for others’ taste…
      PS. Screw you all for the comments against Jared Padalecki and Supernatural.

Comment by Jon – November 16, 2012 09:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hmm, I’m not so sure. I personally love Big Bang Theory, but each to their own. I completly agree about Supernatural though, its an amazing show but Jared’s acting just falls short of Jensen’s and Misha’s. I do not understand how he was put up and not Misha Collins, it has got to be because of his looks. But I do believe that Jensen should win, he is by far the best on the list and really deserves it, in fact, he deserves much more than some little People Choice Award. But, because of the type of show and the channel that its on, I cant see that happening… shame

Comment by Ellen – November 19, 2012 01:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Castle for all the fan awards.

Comment by Lisa – November 15, 2012 11:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wish Candice Accola had been nominated instead of Nina Dobrev for Favorite Dramatic TV Actress.

Comment by Jess (@CrashandBurn9) – November 15, 2012 11:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I second this.

Comment by Babybop – November 15, 2012 03:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lots of lost business opportunities here. Certain retailers should have jumped on the bandwagon ages ago. ‘People’s Choice Awards, sponsored by Walmart’ – how awesome that could have been!

Comment by Lulzy – November 15, 2012 12:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You folks who are now crying, “Where’s my star? Where’s my show?”…..you need to know that the People’s Choice folks opened up the entire nominating process to the public a few weeks ago. We were able to narrow down the top 12 choices in each category to five….or write-in a candidate who wasn’t there. The five names/shows in each category now are the ones chosen specifically by the voting public, no one else.

Comment by pantheralumguy – November 15, 2012 12:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • so is supernatural going to win and then be ignored again this year.
    the complete lack of community proves that the people just shouldnt be given a choice. oh well at least psych got some nominations

Comment by Alan – November 15, 2012 12:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No Scandal, Sons of Anarchy, Fringe, or Parenthood in favor of all these CW randoms? These awards are a joke.

Comment by Caro – November 15, 2012 12:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m glad Melissa & Joey is included. That show is so awesome, but it gets no love!

Comment by nick1372 – November 15, 2012 12:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This whole thing is so predictable….

Comment by Gerald – November 15, 2012 12:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope Ben and Kate and Supernatural win!

Comment by JamandaFan – November 15, 2012 12:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • all the awards for Castle please!!

Comment by rachelle – November 15, 2012 01:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Best Comedic Actor, 4 gays and one this is border line there. How American is finally changing

Comment by ryan fla – November 15, 2012 01:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • what no Blake Shelton for Favorite Celebrity Judge

Comment by Alex – November 15, 2012 01:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CASTLE, CASTLE, CASTLE, CASTLE!!!
    STANA, STANA, STANA, STANA!!!
    NATHAN, NATHAN, NATHAN, NATHAN!!!

Comment by Niki – November 15, 2012 02:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Im happy to see Leverage, but disappointed none of the actors got a nod (especially Beth & Christian). And how is Sons of Anarchy nowhere to be found on this list?
    Question: are Bones followers/fans called Boners?

Comment by sally – November 15, 2012 03:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You just gave me a laugh there. And no, it’s Boneheads.

Comment by francisca – November 15, 2012 03:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glee, Chris Colfer, Lea Michele, Gleeks, and The New Normal! :D

Comment by Isistelle – November 15, 2012 03:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ok, as an SPN fan, I know that SPNfamily is NOT what SPN fans are called. Unfortunately I’m not a very GOOD SPN fan because I can’t remember what they ARE called, but I know it’s not that.

I’ve always cared very little about the PCA, but apparently I should care more sings I watch all the shows mentioned at the top of this article. Hoping TBBT, Psych, Leverage, Dexter, and SPN win their individual categories. Won’t be watching to see if they do, but hope you all enjoy it anyway.

Comment by Samantha – November 15, 2012 03:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Castle! Stana! Nathan! Soo excited!

Comment by Emmakingg – November 15, 2012 03:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Even though I am a teenage girl I have to agree that these are the teenage girl fan awards. Though I’m so happy that Stana Katic is there! So that makes me voting for Castle, Nathan and Stana. I really hate the classified teenage girl dramas though like Glee, TVD and Supernatural. I got even more put off last year that Nathan won best Drama actor and he’s super talented yet TVD fandom raged and insulted him majorly. I hate these because of obsessive teenage girls who can’t be gracious losers. Let’s just hope if Castle wins this year that they get to go on stage. That was such an insult last year.

Comment by Sarah – November 15, 2012 03:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not a teenage girl – love Supernatural. And I know plenty of people who also aren’t teenage girls who love Supernatural. Grown people can appreciate great acting and good sci-fi/mythology as well. Please don’t lump it together with Glee and the Vampire Diaries.

Comment by Coop – November 15, 2012 10:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They’re not the teenage girl awards necessarily… They’re just the awards that show the most dedicated fan base.

Which is basically depending on how many teenage girls there are in that fan base.

Comment by Kayla – November 17, 2012 02:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seriously, they have THREE separate awards for best drama?? It’s like they sat down and said “Well gosh, we don’t want anyone to be left out, let’s just keep adding categories until every show on TV is nominated.”

Comment by Erin – November 15, 2012 03:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And yet, they managed to leave so many shows out. How does that work?

Comment by Emily – November 15, 2012 05:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ugh, the People’s Choice nominations came out? I thought I felt a cold chill to the air today.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – November 15, 2012 04:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Congratulations, Ellen Pompeo, Jensen Ackles and Supernatural on your amazing win!

Oops…Too soon?

Comment by Lulzy – November 15, 2012 05:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree… These actually ARE the teen choice awards…( I’m 15 myself) but seriously, this is outrageous… TVD for 5 nods??? Are you freakin’ kiddin’ me??!!! And glee??!!! Justin beiber???!!! Whewwww…!!! But apart from that… Soooo glad that castle is nominated… That is a great, witty, fun show with immense talent… I love all of them! hope they win! CASTLE! NATHAN FILLION! STANA KATIC! all the way!!! C’mon my fellow castle fandom! Time to avenge the Emmys!!! Get your votes on!!!!

Comment by Regina – November 15, 2012 08:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post