Glee Sneak Peek: Jacob and Ryder Belt It Out (for Marley?), The Warblers Return and More Grease

Gleeks, if you simply can’t wait for this Thursday’s episode (Fox, 9/8c), we’ve got a new batch of photos from the Grease spectacle — and beyond!

RELATED | Glee Exclusive: The Talk‘s Aisha Tyler to Guest Star as [Spoiler]‘s Mother!

First up, New Directions channels Danny, Sandy, Frenchy, Teen Angel and more as the school musical gets underway.

The following week, Marley’s suitors Ryder and Jacob team up for a performance in “Dynamic Duets” — and what looks like a partnership might actually be a sing-off for her affections.

Finally, “Thanksgiving,” airing on Nov. 29, finds Kurt celebrating in his new home, New York, while the glee club takes on its former rival, The Warblers.

Check out the gallery below, and then hit the comments with your thoughts.

Tags: ,

Comments (42)

• So Quinn2 (Kitty something ?) is on the Glee Club now ?
    That’s so logical !
    Oh… Wait, it’s Glee. Logleecal.

Comment by Ben – November 13, 2012 01:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think those are photos from the musical. Which anyone was able to audition for.

Comment by Blake – November 13, 2012 01:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You’re mostly right, but there are a couple at the end that don’t look more like New Directions than Grease. Of course, it might be one of those “fantasy sequence” numbers that don’t really count continuity wise. Of course, Ben does have a point – if you’re a McKinley High student with more than two or three lines, chances are you’ll end up in the glee club eventually.

Comment by wordsmith – November 13, 2012 01:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • whoops. Fun game – see if you can spot my typo above.

Comment by wordsmith – November 13, 2012 01:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I was talking about the 2nd episode (Dynamic Duet), not the first one, of course !

Comment by Ben – November 13, 2012 01:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Er, the Thanksgiving episode. My bad.

Comment by Ben – November 13, 2012 01:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is that Ade from SYTYCD I spy in a Warblers blazer?

Comment by wordsmith – November 13, 2012 01:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think it is! Ooh, Warblers are going to incorporate backflips into their choreography this year then, aren’t they.

Comment by AM – November 13, 2012 01:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • yes!! that’s definitely Ade!! LOVE him!

Comment by Maggie – November 13, 2012 01:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It is indeed!

Comment by Maddy – November 13, 2012 01:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hooray for Ade!

Comment by Lauren Kirsch – November 13, 2012 03:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wish all the spoilers weren’t about the Lima half of the show these days, since that’s the boring half of Glee/

Comment by Lori – November 13, 2012 01:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Actually the New York storylines are boring as $h!t except for Kate Hudson’s scenes. I wish they’d just move on with Rachel and Kurt. No one cares about them.

Comment by Jesse – November 13, 2012 11:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The NY side is boring

Comment by dsdsdsd – November 14, 2012 10:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree. I’m not really impressed with Kurt and Rachel’s part in this show so far.

Comment by Kay – November 15, 2012 07:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love th NYC bits too

Comment by Megan S – November 14, 2012 04:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ita. I really can’t anymore with Lima. Specially not with them trying to force the newbies so much. If at least they were interesting but no. If I’m still watching this show is just for Rachel and Kurt and the ocassional badly written glimpse of the other graduates.

Comment by Kay – November 14, 2012 08:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So… Wade/Unique is slumber partying it up with the girls? Didn’t we do that already? Oh, right, his name was Kurt. And he did it better (dressed).

Comment by Emily – November 13, 2012 01:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Season 4 is like season 1 all over again (only a it is a more disastrous version of it).
      So, that makes sense !

Comment by Ben – November 13, 2012 01:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I do believe it’s from the staging of Grease (as the setting for “Look at Me, I’m Sandra Dee”) and not a “real” slumber party.

Comment by Inigo – November 13, 2012 01:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Sure, but it means Fox promotion hasn’t got their heads on straight, because the caption says “Kitty has a slumber party,” whereas the rest say “so-and-so perform.”

Comment by Emily – November 13, 2012 04:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Pretty sure it’s Kitty’s sleepover, as her character isn’t in the Sandra D scene. She might end up singing the song, but it will probably just be the bust Marley’s chops. But it does make me wonder why they’re there in the first place (except maybe Sugar) since Kitty has been such a bitch to them.

Comment by Thea – November 13, 2012 07:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Emily, please don’t reproduce.

Comment by John – November 13, 2012 02:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Too good for me, John? The irony.

Comment by Emily – November 13, 2012 03:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can I ship Jake/Ryder instead of Jarley or Ryley :D

Comment by mel – November 13, 2012 01:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Marley is so pretty but has such a bland personality. So RIB, you tried and you failed. Give us NY.

Comment by Aud – November 13, 2012 01:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That makes her a perfect match for Ryder.

Comment by Tim – November 13, 2012 04:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The grease episode looks cool but ugh it sucks there’s another love triangle. The other episodes look good too and I really want to see the Sectionals/Thanksgiving episode I think that’s the episode where Mike,Santana, Quinn, Puck, Mercedes, and Finn get together at Breadstix.

Comment by Jon – November 13, 2012 02:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is that the guy from Awkward. whose front and center on the warbler pic?

Comment by Russ – November 13, 2012 02:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • yeah!! it’s clark from awkward right in the middle of the front row!

Comment by Maggie – November 13, 2012 03:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think I’m ready to leave Glee completely. It doesn’t look like it will be better. Just when you think thet can’t get lower – they introduce some ordinary boring, not even pretty looking new guy and make him new Finn. Like in 30 seconds.

I don’t remember names of new characters. Why should I? We have “new Rachel” that is so boring, empty, uninteresting cliche. She is like perfect good girl from scary movies that always survives at the end. She is pretty, has golden heart and add to that that she is poor. Cinderella no less.

We have new poor copy of Quinn. She is like Quinn but without her charm and prettiness. Quinn was biatch most of the time. But somehow we always forgave her and loved her. This new girl – not a chance. Every time she is on screen I’m like: “Hey, what are you doing here? Who invite you here?”. And then she is miraculously is in the Glee team for musical. What?

For some reason we have new “Mercedes”. I don’t even have to point who looks and sounds so much like Mercedes that some people won’t even notice that i’s not her.

We have new poor copy of Puck. Just like Quinn Puck was a bad bully boy at first. But was so charming that we all loved him. “New Puck” is just annoying loser. And bad actor.

Even those Glee Project people from last season were somewhat bearable. I don’t hate them. But those people they introduced this season? Why? If you let go half of your cast then at least try to bring interesting replacement. Make us care about them. Don’t make them poor copy of previous characters.

They had such a good casting luck with Sam and Blaine and coach Beast. And with original kids. What happened to their casting director? How could they bring such pathetic and uninteresting actors this season?

Comment by Shy – November 13, 2012 03:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree completely. The new characters are weak clones of the originals, with much of the personality and nuance removed. And the guy who won Glee Project was terribly dull on that show, so I’m not surprised his character on Glee is as well. I don’t know what they were thinking.

Comment by Tim – November 13, 2012 04:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • so glad to see that sexy sebastian is back!

Comment by sia – November 13, 2012 03:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ohh please tell me Unique is not solo-ing at sectionals! No one will complain about the heaps of Rachel solos anymore. I loved Rachel solos. I miss Rachel solos. RIB, don’t replace Rachel with Unique, PLEASE.

Comment by Lena – November 13, 2012 03:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • they’re fighting over the Mary-Sue? Which the MS stands for.

Comment by ABC – November 13, 2012 03:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So much THIS! To each their own, though, they are SO bland. I only kinda sorta starting to like Kitty. Slightly.

Comment by Aud – November 13, 2012 05:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LOL. They are. ugh. And she’s going to make use of a delicate topic just to have two guys running to save her in purest MS fashion. Now not just is delicate topic to think about, but what cute guy to chose! Oh my!

Comment by Kay – November 14, 2012 09:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So, let me be the first to say that Sugar looks so much like a young version of the actress that played Frenchie in the movies that it kinda freaks me out. I CANNOT believe that Tina has been relegated to the part of JAN! I’m not saying she should have been Sandy and I don’t hate Marley but…. Jan??! I’m also calling shenanigans on Unique being cast as Rizzo. Kitty is Rizzo personified. She is a cross between Quinn and Santana. She is more viscous than sneaky but that is still Rizzo all over. Not to mention her acting in the hand jive was pure Cha Cha which would put her on the snarking side than the obsequious butt kisser that she was cast as. Patty Simcock, please.. Maybe Unique should have been Cha Cha or Jan. I’m also wondering how Kitty is in the picture at the end that looks like it’s Sectionals against the Warblers. Everyone else in the school had to go through an exhaustive audition process but Kitty just gets right in?

Comment by Lauren Kirsch – November 13, 2012 04:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Clark from Awkward is in the center of the Warblers photo! Excuse me while I freak out a little.

Comment by Jaime – November 13, 2012 04:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sugar if the only one I’m looking forward to see in this whole mess that is glease. Well, and Tina but most likely she will be almost invisible as always. Do not, I repeat, do not care about anything Marley, Jake or Ryder. they seem to be following the rulebook for boring mary sues romantic story lines. Glease aside looking forward to finally getting at least 3 lines of what Kurt thinks. You know, he’s the one who was cheated but he get’s the least screen time of the couple.

Comment by Kay – November 14, 2012 08:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am looking forward to this episode as well, only to see what Kurt has to say to Blaine since the break-up episode. I have a feeling this isn’t going to be a good conversation though. I read somewhere that in episode 8 he is supposed to call Blaine and it is to be a good call so there is always hope that they can mend their relationship and at least be friends. That’s all I am hoping for at this point. The next few episodes sound good but will have to wait and see. The best episode so far this season was “The Break Up” which was super sad.

Comment by Kay – November 15, 2012 07:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post