Dancing With the Stars Week 8 Results: Did the Right Couples Go Home?

After electing (or should I say re-electing) a president and enduring a brutal hurricane, who can feel guilty about pressing the “pause” button on serious business for a little while and relishing the prospect of a juicy double-elimination on Dancing With the Stars’ Week 8 results show?

A quick, pre-show review of the confusing array of combined scores over the past couple weeks hinted at one clear heave-ho from the All-Stars roster — yes, it looked like time was up for my beloved Kirstie Alley — plus a second, more unpredictable adieu. (Leaderboard be darned, anyone remains fair game at this point.)

Of course, no results show would be complete without the requisite musical performances (the legend that is Kylie Minogue, the Broadway cast of “Newsies”, and Ne-Yo, who were all uniquely dazzling), and of course, some drama-inducing behind-the-scenes clips (including Derek’s requisite slow-motion shirtless-ness).

But without further ado, it’s time we cut to the moment of truth — tonight’s double-whammy results:

ELIMINATION 1: FINAL TWO COUPLES LEFT “IN JEOPARDY”
Kirstie Alley and Maksim Chmerkovskiy
Kelly Monaco and Valentin Chmerkovskiy

ELIMINATED
Kirstie Alley and Maksim Chmerkovskiy

“The second time around just, it was very special to me … to be asked to come back first of all was an honor,” said a composed Alley of being the latest All-Star to lose out on Mirrorball glory, before graciously adding, “ I just love dancing, I want to thank the judges, because your critiques really helped me…I love you!” We love you too, Kirstie!

ELIMINATION 2: FINAL TWO COUPLES LEFT “IN JEOPARDY”
Gilles Marini and Peta Murgatroyd
Apolo Anton Ohno and Karina Smirnoff

ELIMINATED
Gilles Marini and Peta Murgatroyd

“I felt it, because of those community scores for the last two weeks … it was a bit iffy,” said a dejected Gilles of losing his Mirrorball dream. “I tried my very best, Peta was an angel out there, teaching me,” he added, before throwing some love to his wife in the audience. “Without her, I’m really nothing,” the Brothers & Sisters star added. Now that is the definition of a gentleman, Gilles!

And with that, it’s your turn. Did the right couples get booted? If not, who should have really gone home tonight? Which couples are looking strongest going into next week’s semifinals? Is Len really the grumpy old judge, or a misunderstood love bug? Sound off in the comments! –Mitch Rustad

Comments (107)

• They were wrong it should have been Emmit and Cheryl And Kelly and Val shuld have been eliminated

Comment by brian nussbaum – November 13, 2012 06:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No way did Kirstie and Maks deserve to be there over Kelly and Val.

Comment by Laquisha – November 13, 2012 06:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Exactly Kirstie should of been gone weeks ago or better yet should not be on the all stars it was way over her capabilities. Emmett is way better than Giles

Comment by TheFactsR – November 13, 2012 06:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I would’ve been much happier with that too…

Much as I love Kirstie and Maks, I can accept that they were not up to the same caliber as the others at this point and sad as it is to see them go I can deal with that better than losing Sabrina last week when I couldn’t even see it (due to the hurricane coverage bumping the show here in NY). But Gilles and Peta, like Sabrina and Louis, deserved to be in the final 3. I am really shocked that Gilles didn’t have enough fans voting to keep him around. Now that Gilles’ gone, I cannot see any remaining contestant snatching the mirrorball away from Shawn. She’s the only one left truly deserving for the win. I’m now hoping for Melissa to come in second…not sure who of the other 3 I’d rather see in the final 3 with them now.

Comment by Tess – November 13, 2012 06:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Exactly. Emmet is the worst dancer. He just stands there and moves his hips while Cheryl dances. He shouldn’t have won his season and he should have been long gone this season.

Comment by JJSask – November 14, 2012 05:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • My sentiments exactly. Gilles was robbed the first time he was on. He has always been one of the premier contestants who gives his all and performs difficult choreagraphy to achieve his routines. Emmett doesn’t even come close.

Comment by Rosemary – November 14, 2012 06:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Are you on crack? Kirstie deserved to go home weeks ago.

Comment by popculturewithkyle – November 14, 2012 07:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You are really abrasive! You say someone is on crack because they don’t agree with you on a topic! Yes Kirstie deserved to go home but to acuse a poster of being on crack is rude and abrasive.

Comment by Unfair – November 14, 2012 05:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • JUDGES SHOULD BE ALLOWED ONE SAVE.Giles is one of three best. KELLY &3 EMMET SHOULD GO FIRST. Giles has been. Cheated twice!!!

Comment by Richard Garb – November 14, 2012 03:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • NOPE he wasn’t that good. I didn’t care for him the first time he was on the show and he was worse the second time with that sub standard pro.

Comment by Unfair – November 14, 2012 05:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kirstie, great she needed to go. And while I don’t think Gilles was gonna win, there were some other people that should have gone before him. Cough cough Emmit!

Comment by Stephanie – November 13, 2012 06:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I expected Kirstie to go home but I really thought either Kelly or Emmit should have been the other contestant to go home.

Comment by CC – November 13, 2012 06:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Kelly should be one of those who leave next week she has out stayed her welcome also.

Comment by TheFactsR – November 13, 2012 06:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • How? By giving great performances? The girl can dance.

Comment by popculturewithkyle – November 14, 2012 07:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Because she is the contestant who has the LOWEST overall scores of the people who are left to dance. Keep up Kyle!

Comment by Unfair – November 14, 2012 05:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Not to mention the fact that Kelly always looked like she just smelled a fart. Is she unable to smile?!

Comment by Brendan – November 14, 2012 07:46 PM PDT
  • FOR SURE! weeks late but at least those two are gone NOW.

Comment by TheFactsR – November 13, 2012 06:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Would’ve much preferred Kelly and Apollo to go home. It would be nice if a non-champ wins the all star season, but I’m not sure if Melissa has enough to pull it off. I thought Gilles deserved to win it all this year – and what Kirstie lacks in dancing, she makes up for in spades with being so entertaining. Bleh.

Comment by jesse – November 13, 2012 06:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Kirstie is an oversized cougar! Sick to watch. So is Kelly! Gilles was sickening

Comment by TheFactsR – November 13, 2012 06:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Wow…a little bitter about something! Derek & shawn are the ones that are difficult to watch!

Comment by JJSask – November 14, 2012 05:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • You must be the bitter one that you think little Shawn is difficult to watch???? WOW grow up JJ Sask stop picking on the young ones!

Comment by LePrimm (@LePrimm) – November 14, 2012 05:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m sorry but the “I’m Kirsite Alley, look at me be wacky” bit got old week 2.

Comment by popculturewithkyle – November 14, 2012 07:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • NOW I agree with you kyle!

Comment by Unfair – November 14, 2012 05:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not bothered about Kirstie leaving, but poo to Gilles leaving. I wanted him to stick around.

Comment by Angela – November 13, 2012 06:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • YOU and a few others! Most were sick of him!

Comment by TheFactsR – November 13, 2012 06:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kirstie yes……Gilles HELL NO!!!!!!!

Comment by Riah – November 13, 2012 06:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Gilles YES! Kirstie YES!

Comment by TheFactsR – November 13, 2012 06:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. Kirstie and Maks were a lot of fun, but it was time for Kirstie to go. But Gilles is a way better dancer than Emmet. Don’t see the love for him. He’s nice, but he can’t dance.

Comment by JJSask – November 14, 2012 05:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What a release of pressure when those two were out! Long over due for both to leave.

Comment by TheFactsR – November 13, 2012 06:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loooooove you Chelsie. Knocked the competition OUT!

Comment by LePrimm (@LePrimm) – November 13, 2012 06:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ME TOO! Good work knocking out the competition!

Comment by Unfair – November 14, 2012 05:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Who cares. After that show all I can think about is the newsies and how much I want to do each and every one those very flexible boys.

Comment by jules – November 13, 2012 06:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • In what alternate reality is Emutt considered a dancer? What a travesty.

Comment by bobbye – November 13, 2012 07:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Does Kelly ever smile? She needs to pull that stick out of her @ss 90% of the time.

Comment by Linda – November 13, 2012 07:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes she does, maybe not a fake smile plastered on like Melissa and Sabrina all the time. She was nervous waiting for the results, sorry I wouldn’t have a smile on my face. I am happy with the results, Gilles was getting on my nerves but I will agree he is a better dancer than Emmitt

Comment by Mary – November 14, 2012 05:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Kelly is a sour puss!

Comment by Unfair – November 14, 2012 05:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like Kelly and Val, and I’m glad they made it another week. I think Emmitt should be the next to go; he’s great and all, but it’s time.

Comment by Ben – November 13, 2012 07:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Keep up 2 will go and I am thinking Kelly could be next, very possible for she has the lowest over all scores of all who are left and that doesn’t set well in Kelly’s favor to say she is a better dancer when clearly the judges are saying NO SHE IS NOT!

Comment by Unfair – November 14, 2012 05:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Interesting that about half of the comments thus far on this article are from just one poster. Clearly a very opinionated lady or gentleman…

Comment by wordsmith – November 13, 2012 07:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Most people posting their OWN comments are their OPINIONS HAHA what else would they post! Still snickering

Comment by Unfair – November 14, 2012 05:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought Emmitt was overscored by the judges and should have gone home instead of Gilles. I’m so sad that Gilles won’t get a second chance at the trophy, since he deserved winning in his first season.

Comment by Allison P – November 13, 2012 07:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Shocked that Gilles was eliminated, but really shocked that Melissa has that big a fanbase that she’s made it this far. I’m not saying she doesn’t deserved to be there, but her claim to fame is being rejected by the Bachelor and occasionally contributing pieces to GMA. It’s great to see Tony have another shot at the m’ball though.

Comment by big cheddar – November 13, 2012 07:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • She doesn’t She had 99 frigging points out of 100! The judges had her so blown up compared to the others’ scores they couldn’t get her out this week . There is another double coming up next week. I know the other teams will be working to knock her out.

Comment by LePrimm (@LePrimm) – November 13, 2012 08:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I think Melissa’s dancing has been spectacular the last few weeks, and her personality is just so appealing – I know I voted for her and I am not part of her fan base. I had Gilles to win the whole thing when they announced the cast.

Comment by Dancing queen – November 13, 2012 09:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • It is unfair that Tony and Melissa were previous partners on the show. I could not back her for that reason and others.

DWTS should not re-pair a team to give them the unfair advantage!!!!!!!!!

Comment by LePrimm (@LePrimm) – November 14, 2012 05:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Very unfair

Comment by Unfair – November 14, 2012 05:25 PM PDT
          • At least one other couple were partners before…..is that unfair too?

Comment by Mary – November 14, 2012 05:50 PM PDT
      • You watched this show HOW long and you still are shocked by what happens? Still snickering

Comment by Unfair – November 14, 2012 05:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree!

Comment by 2befair – November 13, 2012 10:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I mean Gilles should have been the champion in his first season. I thought he was going to beat Shawn this time.

Comment by 2befair – November 13, 2012 10:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glad Emmitt made Top 5 which was my hope at the beginning of the season.
    I REALLY hope Melissa and Tony win this season. Melissa is amazing and Tony deserves to win. He’s gotten such crap partners season after season and I adore his partnership with Melissa that he lucked into a couple years ago.
    The worst result for me would be Derek winning again with another ringer celeb dancer. I doubt it will happen but I would love he and Shawn leaving in a shock elim.

Comment by JDuro – November 13, 2012 07:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Also even though I love them, it was time for Kirstie and Maks to leave and I was never a fan of Gilles so I’m glad he’s gone too. Gilles was weird to me this season. I remember him exuding far more masculinity in his dances with Cheryl than this season with Peta.

Comment by JDuro – November 13, 2012 07:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t believe it is fair that Tony and Melissa were partners before and again in All-Stars! They began this season with an unfair advantage!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by LePrimm (@LePrimm) – November 13, 2012 08:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • where do you get that Derek has the unfair advantage? Tony is the one with his orignal partner!

Comment by LePrimm (@LePrimm) – November 13, 2012 08:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • For starters, I like both Melissa and Shawn.
      But saying Derek had an unfair advantage? Unlike Tony, he had a new partner this season. And Melissa used to be a dancer, unlike Shawn.

Comment by Bec – November 14, 2012 12:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So very happy with both of tonight’s eliminations. I hope Melissa, Shawn, and Apolo make the finals with Melissa winning this time.

Comment by Liz – November 13, 2012 08:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Unfair advantage that Melissa has orignal partner!!!!!!!

• I agree with the two girls but sorry not Apolo. He is not as good this time around. I would like to see the three girls in the finals. Next week the guys can go DO NOT WANT all athletes in the final.

Comment by Mary – November 14, 2012 05:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kirstie was right to go home. Sad to say. I love her, and I adore Maks, and their relationship is really a joy to watch but at this point unfortunately she had to go. Gilles should not have gone home. I think Emmett should have gone before him. I didn’t understand Emmett getting a 30 for his trio dance – all he did was shake his butt. Others deserved 30′s and he did not. Hoping to see Kelly, Shawn, and Melissa in the finals. Would loooove it if Kelly or Shawn won (although I don’t fancy seeing Derek win AGAIN, and I’d be a little sad to see Val win already and Maks hasn’t lol)

Comment by Sara – November 13, 2012 08:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Gotta say it, I think little bro Val is a better dancer, and he got lucky with a better partner. While Kelly needs to quit being so uptight, her dancing has been a huge surprise to me this time around. And Kirstie’s popularity and humor can only go so far.

Comment by Dancing queen – November 13, 2012 09:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • How can you compare apples to oranges, answer you, you can’t! Maks has had who Kirstie Alley a 61 year old cougar 2 times, a older woman with spine surgery, a crying maniac news reporter, a new mom of 6 weeks, a female prize fighter, a neurotic Charlie x-wife, a neurotic actress from Italy.

Val gets a former champion!

Duh apples to oranges!

Comment by LePrimm (@LePrimm) – November 14, 2012 06:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Wow, did you even watch Kelly’s first season? She was terrible and had the clear disadvantage coming into this season. She only danced 6 dances, and the bar was set so low. She is by far the most improved from her first season to all stars. Val is the reason she can dance the way she dances now. Go check Kelly’s dances with Alec and then your opinion on how god Val is may change!

Maks had brandy and Mel B… Don’t forget. Mel should’ve won though.

Comment by Carezy – November 14, 2012 08:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • your comment makes NO sense. What was said by LePrimm was that Kirstie, Tia, Air head Richards and others couldn’t be compared to Kelly so to judge 2 brothers with completely different partners is not possible.

I do believe if you look at Maks world wins and Vals world wins you will find that you are WRONG! Then that Maks help teach VAL to dance when Maks had his first dance studio at age 16 or something of the age, so you are trying to compare apples to oranges and that won’t comput

Comment by Unfair – November 14, 2012 05:31 PM PDT
  • Im so sick of people trashing the contestants!! its supposed to be fun. while im slightly biast Kelly works her ass off on the show and on GH.. its not the easiest occupation and she comes every week and does her best. she listens to the critique and doesn’t always talk back.. and i must be seeing things all those people who say shes always all over him – ive always thought it was the other way round! kudos to Kelly for putting up with all the crap.

Comment by amylee – November 13, 2012 10:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Then don’t read it! They asked did the correct people leave DWTS. What do you expect but the truth as to how people actually feeling. You soap show neurotics should not do reality!!!!!

Comment by LePrimm (@LePrimm) – November 14, 2012 06:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Would love to see Kelly make it to the finals. Unfortunately, Len seems to grade her lower than she deserves. I tend to think Melissa, Shawn and Apollo have the advantage over the competiton – sports stars and dancers all. Kelly has made it farther and done more dances than she did in her season and has the disadvantage of learning some if these dances for the first time this season which makes her performance even more impressive IMO.

Comment by Ella – November 13, 2012 11:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree, I thought she has improved tremendously since her season. It’s not easy working all day and then learning new dances. I enjoy her dances and thinks she is underscored more times than not. Sorry Emmett did not deserve a 30 for his dance and really he should of left before Gilles, even though I am glad he is gone. I do not know why everyone thinks she should always have a smile on her face. I do think most of the time it is because she is nervous that she will be eliminated. I am rooting for the three girls in the final.

Comment by Mary – November 14, 2012 05:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m with you. Not only is Kelly my fave this round, she’s the only one left that still has me tuning in. All the judges have been underscoring her, or at least overscoring some others to the point that it seems she’s being underscored. I also love that she’s not really into “playing the game”. She gives it her best every week but isn’t begging for votes. Love that about her. Team Kelly all the way!

Comment by Nichole – November 14, 2012 06:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • She has the lowest total scores of all who are left to dance and her vegas odds are 1000, doesn’t sound as though things are shaking out in Kelly’s favor this go round.

Comment by Unfair – November 14, 2012 05:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She also makes people SICK with the kissy routine of chasing her younger partner Val. COUGARS a go go the C boys got this season. THAT IS the sick part.

Comment by LePrimm (@LePrimm) – November 14, 2012 06:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • 36 years old is not a cougar.

Comment by Meg – November 14, 2012 07:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • It is to a 25 year old male Pro!

Comment by Unfair – November 14, 2012 05:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It might bother you but it doesn’t faze me in the least. I judge the dancing and I believe she is better than the two guys left. I don’t know Kelly and Val exact age, but I don’t believe there is a big difference.

Comment by Mary – November 14, 2012 08:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • It’s 10 years. But really, that doesn’t bother me at all. Kelly has come so much farther than some of her competitor and deserves her spot in the top 5.

Comment by Meg – November 14, 2012 09:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • That’s you it bothers MANY!

Comment by Unfair – November 14, 2012 05:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • That’s for show. Kelly’s boyfriend sits in the audience next to Nancy Lee Grahn every week. It’s a flirtatious act from an actress. I agree with Mary and also like that she doesn’t play the game so to speak. She’s doing her best but doesn’t kiss butt. She’s an extremely direct woman which can turn some people off. At the same time, it garners respect from others.

Comment by Ella – November 14, 2012 11:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Well, maybe I’m weird, but I generally don’t pay attention to that stuff when I watch the show. I focus on the, y’know, dancing. Any flirtations or personal romances or whatever that go on behind the scenes really aren’t any of my business. Nor should they be anyone else’s.

Comment by Angela – November 14, 2012 06:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I dunno. I’ve found Gilles personality and intensity a bit of a turn-off. He’s just struck me as a little too cocky, like he’s doing America a favor by dancing for us each week. Not saying he wasn’t a good dancer. Boy did he try hard. But I just get a lil vibe he may not be the easiest person to work with. And now maybe I’m thinking I’m not the only one. Happy Apolo’s still in. He’s been improving lots. And glad Shawn didn’t get Sabrina-d for that awful bromance bro-dance Derek and Mark made her do.

Comment by sofashimmier – November 14, 2012 12:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • At last the right couples went home! It was time for Kristy to go, although I love her dearly, it was obvious that she was struggling. Gilles was just insufferable this whole season (and I really liked him in the first one and on both In Plain Sight and B&S)- not in terms of dancing, he can dance with the best of them, but the attitude was grating. This mix of arrogant self-promotion and fake humility proved to be a potent turn off combo. Plus it seemed like half of the time he wasn’t really aware of what show he was on, kept thinking he was doing open heart surgery and not dancing. Super glad he’s gone!

Comment by Maria – November 14, 2012 03:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Emmitt was definitely scored too high for his salsa, he seems to be Carrie Ann’s favourite! Sad to see Gilles go as he wasn’t the worst dancer. I like Apollo but he doesn’t seem as good a dancer this year, I think its down to the partnership.

Comment by Chloe – November 14, 2012 04:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want an all girl finale. I think the two guys standing are the weaker dancers. The girls have more chemistry with their partners than the guys and that makes the dancing more enjoyable to watch. The judges need to score appropriately, Emmitt did not deserve a 30 to shake his butt. It is not fair that they get graded on a curve. I would be happy with either Kelly or Melissa winning the whole thing.

Comment by Mary – November 14, 2012 05:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Val and Kelly TOOOOOO MUUUUUCH! Sickening! Unfair advantage for Melissa with Tony as a prior partner!

Comment by LePrimm (@LePrimm) – November 14, 2012 06:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The same could be said for Emmitt. You don’t see Joey, Bristol, or Kirstie still in the comp. give it up… Stop posting the same comment over and over just cause you don’t like Melissa or kelly. Geez

Comment by Carezy – November 14, 2012 09:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kristie and Maks – Yes, it was their time to go.

Giles and Peta?? – HELL NO. Was sooooo not their time to go. It should have been Apolo and Karina, Emmet and Cheryl or Kelly and Val. Giles is above all of them when it comes to skill.

Now I relaly hope Melissa and Tony win since my pick was Giles and Peta

Comment by Melissa – November 14, 2012 06:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Even though he’s the weakest dancer of all the ones left, I’d say Emmet is gonna win because for some reason people vote like crazy for the football guys….I don’t get it.

Comment by Melissa – November 14, 2012 06:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really rooting for Melissa and Tony!

Comment by Andrea – November 14, 2012 06:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just don’t understand all the Giles negativity. I think all the stars do the best they can. And, have to admit, he was easy to watch.

Comment by GeeMa – November 14, 2012 07:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That is a matter of taste.

Comment by Mary – November 14, 2012 08:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What a horrible picture of Kirstie up above..lol
    We soap opera fans are trying to keep Kelly in the competition, so far so good.

Comment by gailer – November 14, 2012 07:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Five couples left.
    Athletes: Emmett, Apolo, Shawn
    Nonathlete: Kelly
    And Melissa, who has enough in her background to almost qualify as an athlete.

The show is progressing true to its history. Odds are one of the athletes wins. My guess is Shawn, but I would love to see Tony & Melissa win. He rarely is partnered with someone who is athletic and can dance. Go Tony and Melissa!

Comment by GingerSnap – November 14, 2012 08:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I DO NOT WANT AN ATHLETE TO WIN!!!!!!! I’m rooting for Kelly or Melissa.

Comment by Mary – November 14, 2012 09:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • you could be in the minority Mary

Comment by Unfair – November 14, 2012 05:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As much as I liked Kirstie and Maks, she just didn’t have the skills of the others, so she should have gone a couple of weeks ago. But Gilles? He should have been in the final 3. I don’t care about personality, just about dance skills, and he’s got them. I think Emmett or Kelly should have gone before Gilles did.

Comment by Linda F – November 14, 2012 08:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Emmett yes, but Kelly has more dance skills I believe than Gilles. She looks graceful on the dance floor. Gilles hands just seem wrong when he danced. I believe most people who likes him probably didn’t notice due to the fact he was half undressed most of the time. Chemistry and personality does play into the dance routine. If you aren’t in sync with your partner I don’t care how good you are, you look off.

Comment by Mary – November 14, 2012 09:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am sorry kristie is gone, but it was her time. I cannt belive that giles is gone, it should have been apolo or emmet. I am rooting for melisa and tony.

Comment by Donna Strach – November 14, 2012 10:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so glad that Kelly Monaco is still on DwTS. There has been a noticeable decrease in her airtime on General Hospital since she started and it makes GH a lot more watchable.

Comment by Elizabeth – November 14, 2012 03:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • HAHA so funny Elizabeth, I thought oh no here goes that long drawn out spill again about how good Kelly is at dancing when I know her total scores are lowest left on the show and then to get you enjoy your soap watching more now from the fact that Kelly is gone more during DWTS I laughed until I cried.

Comment by Unfair – November 14, 2012 05:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So funny to read some soap fans actually want Kelly on DWTS to keep her away from the soap they love to watch more while she is off the show much more often. HAHA

Comment by Unfair – November 14, 2012 05:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post