TVLine Items: ET Adds CNN's Rob Marciano, USA and WWE Pay Tribute to the Troops and More!
CNN vet Rob Marciano has been named Entertainment Tonight‘s new co-anchor.
“I am honored to be joining the distinguished and talented team at Entertainment Tonight, all of whom are the gold standard in entertainment journalism,” the journalist said Monday in a statement. “For over 30 years, ET has been a powerhouse in the entertainment industry and to be part of that blue chip franchise is a dream come true.”
Marciano, who has covered news and weather for CNN since 2003, is slated to begin co-hosting opposite Nancy O’Dell in Jan. 2013.
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• USA Network and NBC are teaming with WWE for WWE Tribute to the Troops. The holiday special’s 10th anniversary, which features WWE Superstars and Divas traveling to Naval Station Norfolk (In Norfolk, Va.) to entertain sailors and their families, will premiere on USA Network as a two-hour event on Dec. 19 at 9/8c, then air on NBC as a one-hour installment on Dec. 22.
• United States of Tara alumni Rosemarie DeWitt and Patton Oswalt have joined HBO’s The Newsroom for Season 2. Per Deadline, DeWitt will recur as a powerful litigator defending Atlantis in a wrongful-termination suit, while Oswalt will play the new VP of ACN’s Human Resources.
• Pretty Little Liars‘ Janel Parrish will guest-star in an upcoming episode of Hawaii Five-0, per The Hollywood Reporter, playing a chemistry student with a temper.
• Syfy’s has set a launch date of Monday, Jan. 14 (at 8/7c) for Continuum, the time-traveling police series it acquired from Canada. Rachel Nichols (Criminal Minds), Erik Knudsen (Jericho) and Victor Webster (Castle) star.
• ABC has cut the episode order for its Kyle Bornheimer and JK Simmons-fronted midseason comedy Family Tools from 13 to 10, Deadline reports, due to scheduling reasons.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?