Ratings: Undercover Boss and Blue Bloods Get Boost, Last Man and Malibu Country Drop

CBS was 2-for-3 this Friday as Undercover Boss and Blue Bloods enjoyed week-to-week gains.

An Undercover look at the Tilted Kilt pub chain won the 8 o’clock hour with 9 million total viewers and a 2.0 rating, up 13 and 33 percent from its season opener. CSI: NY led out of that with 9.7 mil/1.4, dipping a smidge. Blue Bloods‘ postponed Halloween outing then capped the Eye’s night with 11.2 mil and a 1.5, gaining a few eyeballs and rising 15 percent in the demo.

This Friday’s biggest drops were sustained by ABC’s sitcombo of Last Man Standing (7.3 mil/1.6, down 20 percent in the demo) and Malibu Country (7.3 mil/1.6, down 21 and 30 percent from its debut).

Elsewhere:

* Fox’s Kitchen Nightmares (3.5 mil/1.2) surged 23 and 20 percent, while Fringe (2.44 mil/0.9) lost a handful of viewers.

* The CW’s Top Model (1.4 mil/0.6) rose 13 and 50 percent, while the soon-to-relocate Nikita (890K/0.3) slipped 20 percent in total audience (but was flat in the demo).

* Shark Tank (6.7 mil/2.1) dipped 9 percent from last week’s all-time highs.

* Leading out of sitcom repeats, Grimm (5.3 mil/1.7) dipped 6 percent.

1. Mh says:

Hope Nikita’s ratings go up once they move back to 8/7 pm. The episode was excellent. I just don’t understand why people are not watching this show…

• tht19 says:

Cause its on a friday. I love Nikita but I’d rather be out friday night so I just buy it off itunes the next morning.

• Alex says:

Because it’s Stinkita, and the show is no good.

• Anna says:

Wow, way to express your opinion eloquently. I can do the same: you’re Stinkalex and your opinion is no good. (See how that works?)

• Bossy pants says:

Very mature. Go express your hate over at tvbythenumbers. I’m sure you will find the same kind of idiots over there

• Sara says:

Really mature. You should stick to commenting on kids show and those that match your low expectation and IQ.

Nikita continues to be brilliant. The story is gripping, fast paced and intelligent. The cast are incredible. So glad that Owen and Alex finally got to meet.

• Kristina says:

I tried, but I was a fan of the USA version and I just really didn’t like this one. Most people I know that watched that version hate this one, for whatever reason.

• Sara says:

Yeah, I totally loved the USA version and no matter how hard I try, I just cannot get into this version of the Nikita tale. Not even my love of Shane West and Devon Sawa can get me attached, and I love them something FIERCE.

• Whoa Now... says:

People have already watched this show. It’s called Alias and quite frankly it was better. Not really here for watered down copycats complete with fractured love triangles and boring spy fodder. Just

• How many episodes have you watched, exactly? Nikita has NEVER had a love triangle, which is one of the things that are so damn refreshing (and mature) about it compared to other shows. The Cassandra thing in Season 2 doesn’t count because Michael never considered going back to her. He was conflicted between Nikita and his son, not between Nikita and Cassandra.

2. John says:

Aww i liked Malibu country…

3. John says:

So glad I can enjoy Fringe without worrying about the ratings.
    Don’t watch the show, but Grimm might post more gains after Fringe ends.
    Don’t care about comedies much, but I’d imagine even a 1.6 is great for ABC on a Friday.

4. kevin says:

the new daughter on Last Man Standing is killing the show for me

5. Ram510 says:

Amanda was te only factor that made that episode of Nikita great

6. TheBeach says:

I tried to watch Malibu Country last week but found the incessant laugh track unbearable. After every line funny or not, was this terrible canned laughter. It’s too bad because I like Reba and Lily Thomlin.

7. Why can’t they just swap Nikita with Top Model right away? And where the hell did those 110,000 people who watched last week go? Where are they? What’s happening? Abducted by aliens or a government conspiracy to eliminate or abduct and adapt people who stay home on Fridays. DIVISION IS REAL?!

• ed says:

they should keep nikita on at 9 and put the arrow repeats at 8:00… i think nikita would benefit from that more than it moving to 8:00.

• Michael says:

yeah the nielsen system is the weirdest thing ever. The most stupid way to see what shows people see that has those archaic things. Which i am sure many young people don’t have and thats why CW ratings is so low. This system need to be terminated!

8. Sam says:

I love Blue Bloods but it’s been a little boring this season.

9. Gigi says:

I never miss CSI:N.Y. on Fridays. Don’t care about the rest. GREAT writers, GREAT actors, what else do you want???

10. Dez says:

Last Man Standing is awful this season. There is no chemistry with the new actors, the show is so out of balance.Should maybe concentrate on more Outdoor Man scenes,

11. Nikita *cries* I was hoping the ratings would get better with Amanda and Owen coming back, the cast live tweeting, etc. Hopefully, the move back to 8/7c (and with Arrow repeats) will help the show.
    Honestly, I don’t even care that much if we get a Season 4 or not. If it can end satisfyingly with Season 3, that’s okay. But I want the cast and crew to get some recognition for working their asses off and delivering such a well-crafted show every week. Seeing those horrible numbers must be disheartening.

12. Ste ven says:

Yet Malibu Country – a mediocre sitcom at best – on Friday night had more total viewers than this weeks 6mil on XFactor. Take that Simon. OUCH! So much for Brits $15M contract…

13. Mike says:

I still love Eve LMS, they need to move focus away from Kristina, and Boyd and he dad and back to Mandy and Eve for the rest of the series. Boyd was funny at points but his dad and mother are unbearable.