Ratings: Undercover Boss and Blue Bloods Get Boost, Last Man and Malibu Country Drop

Get More: News, Ratings

CBS was 2-for-3 this Friday as Undercover Boss and Blue Bloods enjoyed week-to-week gains.

An Undercover look at the Tilted Kilt pub chain won the 8 o’clock hour with 9 million total viewers and a 2.0 rating, up 13 and 33 percent from its season opener. CSI: NY led out of that with 9.7 mil/1.4, dipping a smidge. Blue Bloods‘ postponed Halloween outing then capped the Eye’s night with 11.2 mil and a 1.5, gaining a few eyeballs and rising 15 percent in the demo.

This Friday’s biggest drops were sustained by ABC’s sitcombo of Last Man Standing (7.3 mil/1.6, down 20 percent in the demo) and Malibu Country (7.3 mil/1.6, down 21 and 30 percent from its debut).

Elsewhere:

* Fox’s Kitchen Nightmares (3.5 mil/1.2) surged 23 and 20 percent, while Fringe (2.44 mil/0.9) lost a handful of viewers.

* The CW’s Top Model (1.4 mil/0.6) rose 13 and 50 percent, while the soon-to-relocate Nikita (890K/0.3) slipped 20 percent in total audience (but was flat in the demo).

* Shark Tank (6.7 mil/2.1) dipped 9 percent from last week’s all-time highs.

* Leading out of sitcom repeats, Grimm (5.3 mil/1.7) dipped 6 percent.

Comments (32)

• Hope Nikita’s ratings go up once they move back to 8/7 pm. The episode was excellent. I just don’t understand why people are not watching this show…

Comment by Mh – November 10, 2012 09:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Cause its on a friday. I love Nikita but I’d rather be out friday night so I just buy it off itunes the next morning.

Comment by tht19 – November 10, 2012 10:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Because it’s Stinkita, and the show is no good.

Comment by Alex – November 10, 2012 10:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Wow, way to express your opinion eloquently. I can do the same: you’re Stinkalex and your opinion is no good. (See how that works?)

Comment by Anna – November 10, 2012 11:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • :) Touchy, touchy. Seriously, why do you care if some stranger doesn’t like a show you do like?

Comment by Alex – November 10, 2012 01:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I think her point was that you weren’t backing your insults with a reasonable argument. Because you stink, Stinkalex.

Comment by wordsmith – November 10, 2012 02:33 PM PDT
          • Stinkalex is worse than Britta.

Comment by Russ – November 10, 2012 03:57 PM PDT
      • Very mature. Go express your hate over at tvbythenumbers. I’m sure you will find the same kind of idiots over there

Comment by Bossy pants – November 10, 2012 11:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Really mature. You should stick to commenting on kids show and those that match your low expectation and IQ.

Nikita continues to be brilliant. The story is gripping, fast paced and intelligent. The cast are incredible. So glad that Owen and Alex finally got to meet.

Comment by Sara – November 10, 2012 12:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I tried, but I was a fan of the USA version and I just really didn’t like this one. Most people I know that watched that version hate this one, for whatever reason.

Comment by Kristina – November 10, 2012 12:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yeah, I totally loved the USA version and no matter how hard I try, I just cannot get into this version of the Nikita tale. Not even my love of Shane West and Devon Sawa can get me attached, and I love them something FIERCE.

Comment by Sara – November 10, 2012 05:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • People have already watched this show. It’s called Alias and quite frankly it was better. Not really here for watered down copycats complete with fractured love triangles and boring spy fodder. Just

Comment by Whoa Now... – November 11, 2012 03:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • How many episodes have you watched, exactly? Nikita has NEVER had a love triangle, which is one of the things that are so damn refreshing (and mature) about it compared to other shows. The Cassandra thing in Season 2 doesn’t count because Michael never considered going back to her. He was conflicted between Nikita and his son, not between Nikita and Cassandra.

Comment by Alex Forrest (@AlexForrest5) – November 11, 2012 06:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Aww i liked Malibu country…

Comment by John – November 10, 2012 10:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So glad I can enjoy Fringe without worrying about the ratings.
    Don’t watch the show, but Grimm might post more gains after Fringe ends.
    Don’t care about comedies much, but I’d imagine even a 1.6 is great for ABC on a Friday.

Comment by John – November 10, 2012 10:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • the new daughter on Last Man Standing is killing the show for me

Comment by kevin – November 10, 2012 10:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i agree! she’s aweful…it was so good before.

Comment by kat24jtm – November 10, 2012 11:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • it was way better,not sure if i want to continue with it

Comment by kevin – November 11, 2012 02:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I still l

Comment by Mike – November 10, 2012 11:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Amanda was te only factor that made that episode of Nikita great

Comment by Ram510 – November 10, 2012 11:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I tried to watch Malibu Country last week but found the incessant laugh track unbearable. After every line funny or not, was this terrible canned laughter. It’s too bad because I like Reba and Lily Thomlin.

Comment by TheBeach – November 10, 2012 11:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why can’t they just swap Nikita with Top Model right away? And where the hell did those 110,000 people who watched last week go? Where are they? What’s happening? Abducted by aliens or a government conspiracy to eliminate or abduct and adapt people who stay home on Fridays. DIVISION IS REAL?!

Comment by TigerNightmare – November 10, 2012 12:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • they should keep nikita on at 9 and put the arrow repeats at 8:00… i think nikita would benefit from that more than it moving to 8:00.

Comment by ed – November 10, 2012 02:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • yeah the nielsen system is the weirdest thing ever. The most stupid way to see what shows people see that has those archaic things. Which i am sure many young people don’t have and thats why CW ratings is so low. This system need to be terminated!

Comment by Michael – November 10, 2012 03:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Blue Bloods but it’s been a little boring this season.

Comment by Sam – November 10, 2012 12:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • What specific stories/characters do you think are boring this year?

Comment by Alex – November 10, 2012 01:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I never miss CSI:N.Y. on Fridays. Don’t care about the rest. GREAT writers, GREAT actors, what else do you want???

Comment by Gigi – November 10, 2012 01:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It was down 0.1 in the demo and 0.3 in total viewers from last week :( Not liking Undercover Boss pulling better demos right before it. This thing needs to lose audience NOW! :P

Comment by Barbie Furtado – November 11, 2012 04:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Last Man Standing is awful this season. There is no chemistry with the new actors, the show is so out of balance.Should maybe concentrate on more Outdoor Man scenes,

Comment by Dez – November 10, 2012 03:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nikita *cries* I was hoping the ratings would get better with Amanda and Owen coming back, the cast live tweeting, etc. Hopefully, the move back to 8/7c (and with Arrow repeats) will help the show.
    Honestly, I don’t even care that much if we get a Season 4 or not. If it can end satisfyingly with Season 3, that’s okay. But I want the cast and crew to get some recognition for working their asses off and delivering such a well-crafted show every week. Seeing those horrible numbers must be disheartening.

Comment by Alex Forrest (@AlexForrest5) – November 11, 2012 06:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yet Malibu Country – a mediocre sitcom at best – on Friday night had more total viewers than this weeks 6mil on XFactor. Take that Simon. OUCH! So much for Brits $15M contract…

Comment by Ste ven – November 11, 2012 08:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I still love Eve LMS, they need to move focus away from Kristina, and Boyd and he dad and back to Mandy and Eve for the rest of the series. Boyd was funny at points but his dad and mother are unbearable.

Comment by Mike – November 11, 2012 11:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post