Matthew Perry to Reprise His Good Wife Role

Get More: Uncategorized

The presidential election may be over, but Matthew Perry is returning to The Good Wife, so the Illinois governor race is just getting started.

The Go On lead will reprise his role of Mike Kresteva in an episode airing in early 2013, the network announced Friday.

In April, Perry told TVLine he hoped starring in NBC’s Go On wouldn’t mean giving up his portrayal of Peter’s somewhat nasty rival for the governor’s office.

RELATED | Hot Shots: The Good Wife Plus Stockard Channing Equals ‘Happy Thanksgiving!’…?

“In the last five years I’ve tried to do a mix of comedy and drama, so it’s been really fun to play a kind of sociopathic jerk lawyer,” he said of his Good Wife run. “It’s a fun character for people to sort of root against, and The Good Wife is one of my favorite shows, so it’s all been very cool.”

The Good Wife airs Sundays at 9/8c on CBS.

Comments (20)

• yea. love matthew perry!

Comment by Ej Henry – November 9, 2012 05:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • could he BE any more talented?

Comment by Taryn – November 9, 2012 05:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Could there BE any more talented actors on this show.
      Sorry I had to take your great post and run with it.

Comment by moobear – November 10, 2012 06:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip <- comedy AND drama

Comment by Scott – November 15, 2012 01:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMFG yes! Its the best of both worlds! We get to have him doing comedy and drama!

Comment by mia – November 9, 2012 05:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Outside of Friends I have always enjoyed Mstthew Perry more in dramatic roles – including this one. Glad “Go On” and NBC are letting him do both.

Comment by stefany – November 9, 2012 06:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How is this hilariously talented man still single? And where can I apply to be his slave? I promise to fan him and feed him grapes all day.

Comment by Better Sundays – November 9, 2012 06:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • +1

Comment by mia – November 9, 2012 08:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t think he is…if I’m not mistaken, he is still dating Lizzy Caplan.

Comment by fiyero – November 9, 2012 09:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have to say he is aging very well and really glad he’s returning to TGW. Now all we need is another confrontation with Alicia.

Comment by A – November 9, 2012 11:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awseome. It’s definately a charachter you love to hate

Comment by Daisy – November 9, 2012 11:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Mike. I hope hating Mike will bring Alicia and Peter closer together.

Comment by nikki – November 10, 2012 12:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome!

Comment by Andrea – November 10, 2012 07:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • TGW is one of the best dramas on Television. I’m not a huge Matthew Perry fan but I do love his role on this series.

Comment by Antonio – November 10, 2012 07:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great news, I love to hate his character, glad he was able to return!

Comment by Saint Alicia – November 10, 2012 10:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay!

Comment by Sarabi – November 10, 2012 01:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m glad. I like when he’s funny but I think they don’t give him enough credit for how good he is as a dramatic actor. He’s really good at playing mean jerks like Kresteva

Comment by Alex Matias (@DarthClavie) – November 10, 2012 07:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post

Comment by AlbTrex – November 11, 2012 06:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay! It was a fun character, glad he’ll be back.

Comment by Tee – November 11, 2012 02:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post