Will Once Upon a Time's Ruby Wolf Out? Meghan Ory Teases Deadly Twist, Red's 'Sexy' New Friend

Get More: Interviews, Previews

A full moon is rising on ABC’s Once Upon a Time this Sunday at 8/7c, and that can only mean one thing: It’s time for Ruby to find out if, with the curse now lifted, she will “wolf out” for the first time in Storybrooke. Whatever the case, things will look Grimm grim for the lass when someone turns up mauled. Here, Meghan Ory, who this season is a series regular as Ruby/Red, previews the hairy things to come in both Storybrooke and fairytale land. Plus: What’s it take for a lovely lycanthrope to get a date around here?!

PHOTOS | Does Once Upon a Time‘s Ruby Have a Thirst for Blood? An Angry Mob Sure Thinks So!

TVLINE | [Show bosses] Eddy [Kitsis] and Adam [Horowitz] told me going into the season that of all the newly self-aware Storybrooke residents, Ruby would have perhaps the biggest identity crisis. Does that come to a boil this Sunday?
Yes, definitely! [Laughs] It’s not a very good day in Ruby’s life.

TVLINE | And why is that?
It starts right off the bat with her being stressed out about the full moon, because she has no idea what’s going to happen. She’s had her wolfy senses coming back over the last couple episodes and she doesn’t know if she’s going to turn or not.

TVLINE | Regardless, all eyes are on her when someone turns up brutally murdered. Can you say who dies?
I don’t think you want me to say who dies; that’s the fun part. But yeah…. Because there’s a wolf in town, they go right for the wolf.

TVLINE | That seems like a nasty bit of profiling.
I know, right? This is not CSI.

TVLINE | Meanwhile in fairytale land, you have a storyline with guest star Annabeth Gish. How does she fit into Red’s past?
She plays Anita, who is very mysterious and very sexy. Her costume is kind of amazing, and people will be very excited to see her in this episode. She comes along during Red’s time of need, as we pick up about a month after where [Season 1, Episode 15] “Red-Handed” left off. Red’s still trying to deal with the fact that she killed Peter — and not doing it very well. Anita turns out to be just like Red, and is the leader of a pack of wolves that’s also human.

TVLINE | Is she like your Obi-Wan Kenobi? She shows Red the ropes? How to properly clean up after a turn?
Yes, exactly. She teaches me to check when I have a bit of someone left in my teeth.

TVLINE | Also this week, the dwarfs dig up something that could prove helpful in creating a portal….
The portal storyline is very interesting… I can’t say a lot about it but there are a lot of questions that are answered this episode, right from the get-go. A lot of stuff happens. It’s a crazy episode!

TVLINE | Is anything happening for Ruby on the romantic front? You’d think men would be banging down her door.
Well, the last time she was in love, she ate her boyfriend, so… I don’t know that she’s really open to going down that road again! But I’m very curious to see how she deals with that because at some point somebody will come knocking and she’ll have to decide if she wants to open the door or not.

TVLINE | Maybe the new character to be played by Ethan Embry…?
Hey, you never know. He’s playing a new guy in town… but I haven’t worked with him yet.

TVLINE | And how would you characterize Ruby’s relationship with Charming?
I think they have a very special relationship, because of Red’s relationship with Snow. I see Charming as a sort of brother figure to her. He’s the younger brother sometimes, and sometimes he’s the older brother. I like when they write that.

RELATED | Once Upon a Time‘s Eion Bailey Joins TNT Drama Pilot

TVLINE | What is coming up in the other storylines?
We are going to find out more about the romance between Emma and Hook, which is very interesting.

TVLINE | There you go — Hook. Point Ruby at the new bad boy once he hits town.
Yes, yes….. There are all these new dudes around that potentially she could hook up with!

Comments (77)

• More Hook/Emma?
    VOMIT

Comment by veronic – November 9, 2012 11:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That is exactly what I did. Why do I not like any of the men they’ve paired Emma with. I loved Sheriff Graham but I didn’t even like him for Emma. ::sigh::

Comment by Lauren Kirsch – November 9, 2012 11:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I dunno, I kind of like the sexual tension they have going on. both very strong personalities. could be interesting.

Comment by Rayne – November 9, 2012 05:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • This is just my opinion, so don’t crucify me. Hook is too good looking in a shallow way and seems more impressed with himself than with Emma. Emma is a bit hard shell/soft center and needs to be paired with someone of very strong character that won’t let her overwhelm him. Hook seems weak, not a match for Emma. If I might drag in a Gilmore Girls reference, Hook is a Christopher. Emma needs a Luke.

Comment by Templar – November 10, 2012 10:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I think your Gilmore girls reference is accurate but if you think about it that way you’ll remember that people were passionately dedicated to Lorelei being with Christopher to the bitter end. Some people can’t be convinced. The only thing that makes this all tolerable is that there is so many men in this show that one ship hasn’t taken over and started to annoy me. Between August, Neal and Hook there are so many choices. Not to mention the largest ship is actually for her and a dead guy. In honesty I don’t think any of these guys are up to Emma’s weight. Graham was possibly the only guy that’s been on this show who would be good for Emma and be a partner that would make her life better. However, he’s dead and we all have to let it go. August has absolutely no moral center, he is a coward. Hook is a criminal who think nothing of taking what he wants by force and enjoys humiliating people who are weaker than him. Neal is probably the best option as far as personality/decision making goes but I feel nothing from them on screen. I don’t quite know what it is but I just don’t buy it. I think the show wants me too but I don’t. Maybe when they bring him to Storybrooke I’ll be more on board with him.

Comment by Lauren Kirsch – November 10, 2012 10:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • So to put it in Wizard of Oz terms, Hook is the Tin Man [no heart], Neal is the Scarecrow [no brains], and August is the Cowardly Lion [no courage]. Perhaps James Franco [or a reasonable facsimile] will show up and whisk her off to Oz. I’ve maintained from the beginning that Emma’s story is the same as Rapunzel’s not Dorothy’s but, we’ll see. On a different note, I’m hoping that they bring in Sendhil Ramamurthy [Covert Affairs] to play Aladdin.

Comment by Templar – November 10, 2012 10:33 AM PDT
          • Hahahahahaha….. Oh my gosh I almost fell out of my chair laughing. Your Wizard of Oz reference is perfect. I don’t really want her to be Dorothy but the supporting cast is certainly there. Complete with Whale as the Wizard of Oz. If they do bring that actor in to play Aladdin I demand Reshma Shetty from Royal Pains to be Jasmine. Every time I see her I think she looks like Jasmine.

Comment by Lauren Kirsch – November 10, 2012 10:49 AM PDT
          • OMG! If anyone doesn’t know who Sendhil Ramamurthy is, google him. The perfect Aladdin. No on has the right to be that good looking!

Comment by Stormy – November 10, 2012 01:20 PM PDT
    • I was wondering how everyone thinks August stole the money Neal left for Emma, In the first show Emma is a bailbonds person. You have to have some money to have that kind of business

Comment by judy – November 10, 2012 10:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Sure, but that was 10 years after August and Neal made their pact.

Comment by Templar – November 10, 2012 01:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • in the podcast,kitsis said august took the money. don’t understand why everyone seems so upset with august and his scared straight tactics. . neal/emma were thieves…dead=beats. heading for prison. neal was wanted. it was stolen money. prison cured emma…she went straight and was too embarrassed to even tell henry the truth. august was doing his job and the curse did break. wonder who’s the love interest in phuket?

Comment by jen – November 11, 2012 02:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • WHAT.
      Hook and Emma are the best <333

Comment by Maiaaa – November 10, 2012 08:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agree Hook & Emma
      A criminal, womanizing, dating Emma, daughter of loving and kind Charming / Snow?
      Emma is one of my favorite characters. But no longer, if she falls for Hook.
      I thought Emma had learned from her life’s mistakes.
      It seems to me that after all she is another idiot….
      She should think of Henry first.

EMMA & HOOK is D-I-S-G-U-S-T-I-N-G! GROSS

Comment by . – November 11, 2012 03:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • How is Hook a womanizer? He loved Milah and has been avenging her death for 300 years. That’s one woman they showed him connecting with on the show. And now, after the finale, turns out Hook isn’t such a bad guy in the end.

Comment by Kelzbot – May 24, 2013 02:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think Ruby and Hook would make a freakishly attractive couple.

Comment by Babybop – November 9, 2012 11:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not to mention he is such a jerk that if she ate him I wouldn’t be that upset.

Comment by Lauren Kirsch – November 9, 2012 11:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “We are going to find out more about the romance between Emma and Hook, which is very interesting”

“romance between Emma and Hook”

“romance”

“Emma and Hook”

Let.me.die!!! so freaking awesome

Comment by Maria Gabriela Perez (@Gottara) – November 9, 2012 11:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No Hook/Emma, please! Now Hook/Ruby…

Comment by tilnightfall (@tilnightfall) – November 9, 2012 11:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Noooo, but Emma seems better with Hook!
      Then again…..Ruby/Hook would be hot too o.o UGH.
      Too many choices!

Comment by Maiaaa – November 10, 2012 08:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • MORE HOOK AND EMMA!!!!

Comment by Lori – November 9, 2012 11:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So OUAT is now a soap opera with stupid romances?
    I understand Snow and Charming and Beauty and the Beast (Fairy tales), but Hook and Emma?
    WHAT THE HELL?

Comment by veronic – November 9, 2012 11:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Now, isn’t that a double standard, you can not understand Belle and Rumple and then be against Hook and Emma, Rumple has killed more than anyone on the show over a span of 1000+ years. I get Beauty and the Beast in the fairy tale, but in ONCE it makes zero sense to me. Give Hook and Emma a chance, you guys are always so quick to hate on things. And chill out we know Emma and Hook is end-game, let Emma have her fling(or maybe more), but we all know she’ll end up with Neal in the endII’m just happy its not August).

Comment by Mike – November 9, 2012 12:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • agreed with everything said except I hope Emma doesn’t end up with Neal, it would be too predictable in my opinion

Comment by Rayne – November 9, 2012 05:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Unless he dies, its inevitable even if its predictable.

Comment by Mike – November 9, 2012 07:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I agree and I don’t think that he is the father of Henry.

Comment by KathyL – November 10, 2012 09:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Huuuh…who else could be Henrys father? As far as i know in women’s prison don`t hang out so many men,or?? It is safe to say that he is Henrys father. The real question is what is his fairytale counterpart, it was easy for August to convince him that the curse is real.

Comment by Karo – November 10, 2012 09:46 AM PDT
          • He is Henry’s father. If you listen to the OUAT podcast they confirm Neal is the father…

Comment by Nicole – November 10, 2012 07:23 PM PDT
  • I love this show. Whatever they are going to do is fine with me. Great writers. Need more shows with awesome quality writers like the ones on OUAT.

Comment by Chase – November 9, 2012 11:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t wait to see Red’s episode! I love seeing her relationship with Snow and, as an extension of that, her relationship with Charming. Also, I can’t wait to see more of Hook and Emma. Their interactions in the last episode were great.

Comment by aisforaims – November 9, 2012 11:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I sort of like Emma/Hook but I really want to see what happens when Neil/Emma are reunited. This show is awesome regardless of what direction it goes in.

Comment by Shelley – November 9, 2012 11:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Is is Neal or Neil??

Comment by Mike – November 9, 2012 12:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ugh serious eye-roll at more Emma and Hook… besides the point that I see no chemistry between the two actors at all, has anyone mentioned how much of a horrible influence he’d be on Henry? Or will they fix that by completely changing his character and losing all that’s interesting about him?

keep him as the villain, Emma has enough men in her life

Comment by Nicole – November 9, 2012 12:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • OK, Horrible Influence is a horrible excuse, have you taken a look at Henry’s supposed role models, his adopted mother is an evil queen and tried to kill Emma last season. Not to mention Emma is not that great of a role model either. Now chemistry is a legitimate complaint though I think they do have some chemistry. And Emma does not have enough men in her life. She has:
      Hook
      August-MIA
      Graham-Dead
      Neal-Not really in her life, but she’s in his.

Comment by Meg – November 9, 2012 12:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Well, no, I’d disagree. Despite what Regina does, she always attempts to put Henry’s best interests first. As does Emma. No matter what kind of screwed up characters they may be, they genuinely love Henry and care for what’s good for him.

Hook is in a completely different league. This is the same guy who was okay with Milah LEAVING HER SON (he may have ven persuaded her) for his ~exciting lifestyle of pirate-y things like stealing and killing. That’s acceptable if he’s a villain with layers but as a romantic anti-hero/father figure? No thanks.

You can’t disagree that every new guy they’ve brought onto the show has been more or less thrown towards Emma. Leaving other characters who fans love with nothing – like Ruby, Mulan, etc. It’s getting tiring

Comment by Nicole – November 9, 2012 03:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Just because Regina puts Henry first does not make her any better of a role model than Hook, she is maybe worse. And Milah may have left on her own free will, there is no evidence to suggest Hook was holding her captive, and for all we know he may feel guilty for stealing a mother from her son we don’t know. It’s not fair to say who could never be a father figure without more evidence. And who loves Mulan??

Comment by Mike – November 9, 2012 03:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I know a bunch of people who love Mulan, both the Disney character and this character. In fact a LOT of people were super excited to hear that she’d be joining the show only to have her relegated to the background being a stereotypical sword-wielding samurai Asian. what great writing rme

The fact is that Regina loves Henry. Everything she does revolved around her love for Henry and her want to be a mother. When Regina does bad things Henry calls her out on it and recently she’s tried to change herself for HIS betterment.

Besides, the idea that Regina may be worse (which I honestly don’t believe she is) does not make Hook any less bad. I didn’t suggest Hook held Milah captive but the mere fact that he let her leave her son is pretty damn telling of how he prioritizes his own needs ahead of a child’s. I don’t care whether he felt guilty – regardless of how big a role he had in Milah’s leaving, the bottom line is that he let it happen. For selfish reasons. So they can go plunder and steal for a living. I like the character but he is not a good influence on children. Period. This is supposedly the same Captain Hook who spent his time trying to kill Peter Pan.

Comment by Nicole – November 9, 2012 04:25 PM PDT
          • I’d take Regina over Hook as a parental figure any day. She’s flawed, but she loves her kid more than anything. I doubt Hook cares about anyone other than himself. He may have cared about Milha, but then again he didn’t seem to care about HER kid either.

Comment by Louise – November 9, 2012 04:33 PM PDT
      • think regina did a wonderful job. gave him a stable home/life (more than what emma and august had) with lots of affection. regina loves henry and obviously,he loves her for what she did for him how is henry going to feel when he finds out emma lied about his father?

Comment by jen – November 11, 2012 02:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Emma and Hook, might make her open up some more

Comment by Susie – November 9, 2012 12:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • UGH At Emma/Hook he is a bad guy! Keep him that way! How is a man who let many people die at the hands of Cora attractive?

Comment by Josh – November 9, 2012 01:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • People are okay with big bad Rumpel and Belle but not Hook and Emma? Ugh. What a standard.

Comment by taylor – November 9, 2012 02:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Because Belle is used as a fangirl’s self-insert. They can’t do that with Emma, she has too many personality traits and whatnot

Comment by Annie – November 9, 2012 02:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Actually there are quite a few people who aren’t ok with Rumple and Belle. I’m not one of them because Robert Carlyle is amazing and Emilie De Ravin can create emotional chemistry with pretty much anyone. I just feel like Emma is not in an emotional place to be starting a relationship. She is still trying to figure out how to be a mom and a daughter and she has horrifically huge relationship issues because she doesn’t know the truth about Neal. Those things need to be resolved before she can have a real meaningful relationship. If we’re talking about a booty call I suppose I can get on board with that. They are both hot. I don’t really see any chemistry between the actors on screen and I’m not the only one who thinks that. That is also a big problem.

Comment by Lauren Kirsch – November 9, 2012 03:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I’m one of those people, I don’t understand Rumbelle, but hoping the writers can eventually sell it to me.

Comment by Mike – November 9, 2012 03:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • How about this: Wendy Syndrome meets Stockholm Syndrome. Wendy wants to mother [fix] the bad boy at the same time that he has control over her.

Comment by Templar – November 11, 2012 06:26 AM PDT
  • Ruby episodes are the best. This interview is kind of disappointing because from the way she’s talking it doesn’t look like she has much story coming up beyond this episode. The writers need to realize how awesome Meghan Ory is.

Comment by dude – November 9, 2012 02:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree, I would love to see more of Red too.

Comment by Louise – November 9, 2012 04:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • megan is great as ruby/red. love how she does both characters slightly differently. also she’s really appreciative of her fans. always thanking them. love her tweets. seems like a super nice person. always look forward to seeing her.

Comment by jen – November 11, 2012 02:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hook oozes chemistry all by himself! I could see him and Red together, two people that are so incredibly beautiful it hurts to look at either one of them. I find it interesting this interview mentions Emma and Hook romance like it’s an ongoing thing. What I really want to see is a guys night out type of episode with Hook, Rumple, Jefferson and Whale. After seeing Frankenstein episode I’d love to see what kind of fun trouble these four badboys get into.

Comment by Jennifer – November 9, 2012 04:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seriously? I am not a fan of Hook and Emma and I don’t see why so many people are! They had NO chemistry. Emma is just a good person that’s why she saved Hook with help from the giant(who I think is really sweet despit the fact that he killed Jack. Hey he thought all humans were monsters and Jack killed his family. What do people expect?) I LOVE Meghan Ory as Red. She is my absolute favorite character and I want more of her backstory and her to get her hood back in Storybrooke which I’m positive happens in Child of the Moon.(LOVE the title! Describes Red like part of her came from he moon) More Red!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Meghan – November 9, 2012 05:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • can’t we find a decent love interest for emma? captain eyeliner, that bedraggled con artist from last week’s episode… come on, emma can do so much better.

Comment by Louise – November 9, 2012 05:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Charming is like a brother? I sometimes think there is something romantic between Charming and Red.

Comment by Lou – November 9, 2012 06:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • More Hook and Emma. End of. I absolutely love them together.

And what is this BS about Hook being a bad role model for Henry? Regina raped and murdered Graham! Tried to kill multiple members of Henry’s birth family! Sent her son to therapy he didn’t need and made him feel crazy. How is that a good role model?! I do not understand these Regina stans.

Comment by Michelle – November 9, 2012 06:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well, I don’t think Regina should be around Henry either. Why do you assume that the people that don’t want Hook around Henry could also not want him around Regina? I don’t think either one of them should be anywhere around any child. Both of them are thieves and manipulative and Regina is a straight up serial killer. Before you say anything else, I wouldn’t let Rumple babysit either. Hook is a bad guy. Whether he is a murderer and theif and a killer is pretty much a matter of scale. We know he’s done it but not exactly how bad he is. Personally I just think the two of them have zero on screen chemistry and I don’t want Emma to be dating just yet. So I’m against them and I don’t ship any couple on the show.

Comment by Lauren Kirsch – November 9, 2012 07:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You’re jumping to conclusions. And calling other people ‘stans’ is the most embarrasing fandom habit of trying to disqualify other opinions ever.

Comment by Tana – November 10, 2012 03:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I get the argument but my point was that Regina truly loves Henry, while Hook has shown no indication that he cares for kids at all. Anyways, like I said above, pointing out Regina’s flaws does not make Hook any better an influence on children. The argument is moot.

And just for the record I’m not any kind of stan or fan of Regina, but if you don’t see that Regina more than often puts Henry first while Hook always puts himself first, then we are watching two completely different shows.

Comment by Nicole – November 10, 2012 01:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • we’ve seen hook in what, 3 episodes? you can’t judge him without having more insight on his character. How do you know he ALWAYS puts himself first? You’re just assuming a lot of things without even knowing the guy!! What you think you know about him, based on the fairytale character, is not necessarily truth because this show changes the stories all the time! He wasn’t given any chance to show if he cares about kids or not, so until he does, stop assuming that he couldn’t care about the son of the woman he loves. Millah was a grown woman and if she didn´t care about her son and she wanted to leave him Hook couldn’t have done anything to stop her, even if he wasn`t totally ok with that. And, in any case, people can change so give him time to show how he really is before judging him this way!

Comment by Ronnie – November 11, 2012 09:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just don’t see the same chemistry with hook that she had with Neal or August and especially Graham. I know he’s not coming back but I’m totally willing to see where it goes with them and how that plays out. I feel like hook, (who is hot and irish) is like the writers way of apologizing for killing a fan favorite

Comment by Rachel – November 9, 2012 09:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hook and Emma, ugh! Hook is to into himself to take care of Emma and Henry.

I would like to see someone else with Hook, though. Whats fun about these characters is that no one is completly good or bad, but Hook needs to be seen as a villian. This means he and Emma can’t work.

Would love to see Emma with August. Its seems like he needs to work though things as well, but I think he could become dedicated.

Comment by Heather Verhagen – November 9, 2012 09:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I did not see any chemistry between Emma and Graham. You at least have to admit there was sexual tension/chemistry between Hook and Emma when he was wrapping her hand. I think a relationship between them would be hilarious! He’d try and pull crap and she’d call him out every time! And I can honestly see him getting through to her better than anyone else.

Comment by Rissa – November 9, 2012 10:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Chemistry is subjective. People can’t admit to something they honestly don’t see. I didn’t see any chemistry between Emma and Graham either, but their fans loved them and saw tons of it. That’s just the way it goes. Emma and Hook doesn’t appeal to me because a bad boy/villain falling for the female lead has been done millions of times in all sorts of fiction and I’m honestly bored by it. I like Emma and Neal even less though. So if she absolutely has to be with one of them I’d settle for Hook.

Comment by Tana – November 10, 2012 03:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like how this is an article about the interview with Meghan, yet everyone is discussing potential Emma/Hook relationship! And THAT is why we don’t see Red and other characters much – because fans always find a way to bring everything down to ships/problems of the main characters and everyone else seems not to matter any more. Sad but true. Personally, I see this as the writers’ intentional deception – they are planning something else, perhaps something big and they need to set it up within these episodes, yet they kind of blind the fans with pretending Emma could finally find the man for herself, packed with some meaningless flirts and back stories with Neal in it. That way the viewers won’t see what’s right in front of their eyes until it actually comes big time.

Coming back to the actual article, I’d love to see more Red and I hope the writers have more in store for her apart from the upcoming episode. From what I understand, it’s actually not her who kills the poor victim (and in one of the sneak peaks it already has been revealed who he is, but I won’t spoiler you that much) – yes, she is afraid/convinced that she’s done it but in the interview it’s kinda left out and purposely omitted:
    ‘Because there’s a wolf in town, they go right for the wolf.’ It sounds to me like there must someone else who’s done it – maybe another wolf? a member of a wolf pack that Red met in her flashback story? or King George setting Charming up? (since he is a sheriff and surely defending Red at all cost, it would be a perfect revenge)
    I guess we will find out in just under 35h! ;)

Comment by EvilQueen – November 10, 2012 06:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I know she’s bffs with the Charmings, but personally I would like to see Red branch out a little and interact with some other characters. The scenes with Belle recently were a good start. This could be an interesting friendship. I liked her with Ashley/Cinderella too, but it looks like they’re done with the Cinderella story? I’d like her to have a scene or two with Regina as well. I don’t think they’ve talked and had like a real scene together so far?
    I’m also very curious about Anita – Annabeth Gish’s character – and who she really is. In the promo she says she’s Red’s mother, but I’m not sure that’s the truth? Guess we’ll find out on Sunday.
    I don’t mind that Red doesn’t have a love interest right now. Not every woman on the show needs a love story. It’s not like love stories define a woman and a character. Red has been through a lot with Peter and what happened to him. It takes them to get over something like that – if you can ever really get over it at all. Red’s a great character. She is so layered and interesting and they can do so much with her without having to throw a love interest at her. I’m still disappointed with what they’re doing with Emma and her ‘suitors’ this season. No reason to do the same to the other single women in Storybrooke.

Comment by JaneT – November 10, 2012 08:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Jessy Schram (actress who plays Cinderella) is on that new ABC show ‘Last Resort’ — probably why we haven’t seen much of her.

Comment by Nicole – November 10, 2012 01:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If Anita is Red’s mother, what happened to the rest of the litter?

Comment by Tara – November 10, 2012 10:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Someone told me she was…

Comment by Barbie Furtado – November 11, 2012 04:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I think that was a joke, Barbie. Wolf, pups, litter, get it?

Comment by Templar – November 11, 2012 06:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I did get it. But someone told me Annabeth Gish was playing Ruby’s mom… not sure how true is that info, though.

Comment by Barbie Furtado – November 11, 2012 07:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • There’s a clip going around – either a promo or a sneak peek, I don’t remember – in which Anita comes right out and tells Red that she is her mother. Could be a red herring though. Maybe she isn’t literally her mother. If she is one has to wonder what happened to her and why Red chose not to stay with her.

Comment by Birdy – November 11, 2012 08:37 AM PDT
          • The official Canadian promo shows a scene where she says she’s Ruby’s mother – I find it a bit suspicious though, if she really was, would the producers reveal it in a promo just like that? There must be a catch!

Comment by EvilQueen – November 11, 2012 11:05 AM PDT
  • Seriously? For once TV line posts an interview with about the single most interesting storyline in ONCE, and people are bitching about Emma and Hook. Pfffft. I, for one, just can’t wait for Red’s episode! Her episode last season was the BEST, and I hope this one is up to par with that one!!! <3

Comment by Barbie Furtado – November 11, 2012 04:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Am I the only who doesn’t care about Emma hooking with anyone? All I want is for Emma and Snow to return to storybrook. Geez what’s the hold up?

Comment by Madworld430 – November 11, 2012 01:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hook and Emma? disgusting!
    If Emm will do it, I really lost all respect for her. Gross!
    A villain, murderer and womanizer. She should think about Henry first.
    I’ll take grief of being a woman. Hook can be hot and cute, but only teenagers or stupid women fall for a guy like these…I thought Emma was a smart person.
    I was wrong. Emma definitely will not be more of my favorite characters

Comment by . – November 11, 2012 03:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Red is amazing!
    Love her friendship with Snow and Charming…Seems Belle will be a great friend too:

About romance Hook & Emma, is simple disgusting.
    I agree with Belle & Rumpel better than Emma Hook.

Maybe because even though Hook Hot and handsome, he’s the kind of man who disgusts me. Womanizer, judging himself the best in everything, more than others, criminal. Seduced Rumpel’s wife and took her with him. He treated Rumpel, quite humiliating. And made ​​Baelfire grow without a mother.

I’m have 2 kids, 8 and 10 years old. Emma has Henry.

Emma after life that had in the past, and knowing Hook stories of our world, she loses her mind and will engage with Hook???

Or now all villains Once Upon a Time will be sweet angels, just because Emma is the savior?????

Emma has a son. That unfortunately has been the victim of people’s stories closest to him ..
    And Emma will still get a romance with Hook?

She should be ashamed.

Bring Neal Cassidy to Storybrooke. Bring back the actor James-Michael Raymand as fast as they can to Once Upon a Time.

Dont care about Hook hotness..

A man can be hot, gorgeous…but the inner beauty is very important too…

And I have not found any chemistry between Hook and Emma. It was all very forced.

Comment by loli – November 11, 2012 06:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just found this! I love Red/Ruby! Ever since episode 1, I knew she’d be an interesting, fun character and her episodes have proved me correct. Plus, she’s a little scene stealer. I hope they put more Red in the show. I’ve noticed they’ve done it little by little this season. She’s no longer just the rather promiscuous waitress in the background. She’s this strong, bad ass waitress happens to basically be second-in-charge behind Charming (while Snow and Emma were gone). That’s pretty awesome! She’s my favorite character other than Regina. And Meghan Ory is just phenomenal in her portrayal of Red and Ruby.

Now, as for romance, I’m all for Red and Hook getting together! Meghan, you’re making it easy to sail this ship. I think Red and Hook would be an interesting pair. Despite his bad boy tendencies, something about Red makes me think she’d soften him up. And it’s not like Red is the softest person around. She’s pretty tough. I dunno. I think the writers would benefit from exploring that path if they don’t make him completely evil.

Comment by DJ – December 30, 2012 07:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post