Syfy Renews Haven for Season 4

Haven Renewed for Season 4Troubles shmoubles. Syfy announced on Friday that Haven has been renewed for a 13-episode Season 4, to air sometime in 2013.

RELATED | Matt’s Inside Line Has Scoop on Haven‘s ‘NAudrey’ and More!

“We couldn’t be happier to see the story of Audrey Parker and the creepy, quirky town of Haven continue next year,” Syfy president Mark Stern said in touting the pick-up. “Season 3 has hit a creative and critical high and we’re very excited to see where the talented production team takes our colorful cast of characters — led by the perfect trifecta of Emily Rose, Eric Balfour and Lucas Bryant — in season four.”

RELATED | Smallville Stunner Laura Vandervoort Lands Haven Arc

Season 3 of Haven, which airs Fridays at 10/9c, opened with a record-setting audience of 2.8 million total viewers, up 10 percent from its sophomore premiere. The current run thus far is averaging 2.4 million viewers and delivering the show’s best-ever25-54 demo rating, where it’s up 5 percent from Season 2.

1. But what about Alphas? I sincerely hope that doesn’t get canceled. The set up for a new season would be amazingly epic.

2. shawhs says:

its so good to have haven renewed early. last year we lost our breaths waiting for the announcement!!

3. James says:

Best news of my day so far love this show gets better every year

4. Andrea says:

LEGIT SCREAMING

5. Ryan says:

Early renewal is great. I was thinking we’d have to wait until the winter.

6. This is great news! It’s one of the few non-reality shows left on Syfy.

7. Did they really have to spoil tonights cliffhanger on whether Nathan lives in their announcement…not that it was really in doubt.

8. Sarah says:

YAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!

9. hello says:

This announcement is really telling in relation to Alphas

10. El S Boy says:

Another proof of the lack of ambition from Sycy

11. Ashley says:

Yaaaaaaaaaaaay! Now make Adam Copeland a regular and we’re good! Dwight’s one of my favorite characters on the show. I’d love to see them tap into him more.

12. The season will hopefully end with Audrey vanishing and the next one will explore the origin of the troubles and her more in depth.

• Rae says:

I kinda hope not, not to learning more about who Audrey really us, but about her vanishing again. They left us with that cliffhanger last season.
      I’d rather Nathan, Dwight and Duke save her.

13. Magically Suspicious says:

YAY!

14. katrina says:

I love this show, but I think it only has one more season. Whenever it wraps up, wrap it up well!

• Brooke says:

I can deal with only one more season if it wraps up all the mysteries. I just want a solid conclusion, whenever it comes.

15. Anna says:

THIS IS THE BEST NEWS I’VE HEARD ALL DAY!

16. Ruby says:

I’m so happy! I would have been heartbroken if it had been canceled.

17. Van says:

so happy!! Love love haven!

18. John says:

Like the show, like the cast, like the locale (Lunenberg N.S. ) at least for the aerials..

19. lore says:

YESSSSS! MORE HAVEN, YES! This is truly a “happy place” show for me. When it’s on, I feel good.

20. Brandon says:

Kill Duke, please. He’s so slimey.

• bobbie says:

And Duke is my fav! love him, he has bad boy written all over him.

• tvdiva says:

Duke’s hair is slimy/greasy. But I love Duke. He is a very complex character and I think he has better chemistry with Audrey than Nathan.

• Rosie says:

Agreed, he is slimey and he should stop trying to get between Nathan and Audrey! Those two are meant to be from the start! Plus Duke was a bully which made Nathan’s life hell. But they should keep him, for comic effect. Maybe pair him up with Jordan or the pschiatrist?

21. opus says:

I enjoy Haven and am really happy it is being renewed but I am still angry at Syfy (stupid renaming) for cancelling Eureka, one of the very best shows the network has ever done. And I hate all the reality programming – I watch none of it.

• Vi says:

Totally agree. I really hate all the reality shows they have, don’t watch any of them either I sorely miss Eureka. That was my favorite show with Haven as my 2nd. Glad to see it was renewed,

• JP says:

This! I like HAVEN and I’m glad for this news, but I’m still mourning EUREKA.

• kathy says:

Haven is the greatest and I too hats all throw realty and paranormal shows I watch syfy for throw unusual creature features I wish they would get back on track. Kathy in colorado

• Kim says:

Hear! Hear! I miss Eureaka! I absolutely detest reality programming. I have NEVER watched reality programs and I do not EVER intend to do so. I started watching SyFy for the Science Fiction shows and innovative series. When they depart from that they are no longer SyFy, they are simply another broadcast channel with increasingly boring and mind numbing programming. C’mon SyFy get back to programming that set you apart from other channels!

• rod says:

The programming line-up was changed for the worst when they changed their call letters to SYFY/
        meaning when their call letters were SCI-FI that’s when programming was good and yes they did separate from the standard broadcasting line up like the others.
        its so easy to be like the jones aand the smiths, and SCI-FI was able to do that up till they changed their call letters, so SYFY get your crap in gear and get your SCI-FI back to the way you ran line-ups

22. Leo says:

GREAT. This show is getting better by the season and, although it may be nearing its end (maybe next season?), it’ll definitely have been an epic run. It’s been full of awesomeness since they started really exploring the mythology.

23. RobMF says:

Can we please get ‘Edge’ Adam Copeland a full time gig on this show?

24. Eliza says:

Yay!!!!

25. tvdiva says:

Hooray! So I guess this means Audrey is not disappearing with Hunter’s comet in 46 days. :)

26. b. says:

This season has been better than the last! If SyFy renewed Haven, I do hope they renew ALPHAS! The writing is more crisp n clever than Havens. Plus I’ve enjoyed the characters of Alpha more too.

27. Molly says:

YAY!!!! I am thrilled! Woo-Hooo!

28. Rosie says:

I do not get the Audrey-Duke obession. Duke is slimy and greasy even though he might be funny at times. I wish the writers would stop trying to stop Audrey and Nathan from happening, these two are just too cute and their chemistry is amazing. Jordan chick needs to go away too or maybe they should pair her with Duke? Other than that LOVE this you and could not be happier about a fourth season.

29. Joy says:

YES!!!!!!!!!! Im so glad

30. Alex says:

This is AWESOME !!!

31. Vero says:

I’m late to the party (where is the internet when you need it), but WAHOOO!!!!

32. Gerry says:

I am so exicted that they renewed early, this is my favorite show, Haven, has been spell binding, just let Audrey and Nathan get to gether, not Duke.

33. kirads09 says:

Very happy Haven gets Season 4. Agree with many previous comments. Give Copeland more screen time and bigger role. Eric needs a haircut I think – but I love Duke. Audrey belongs with Nathan. Was anyone as surprised as me at the reveal of the bolt gun killer?

Now Syfy – please be wise enough to renew Warehouse 13 and Alphas. Too much “reality” and really crappy movies (not even B level, more like C). Not enough of these kind of great original series.

One last thing – Alphas if renewed – please more of Mitchell! (Sean Astin) Please!

34. Kayla says:

So Audrey isn’t disappearing when the comet shower hits then?

35. kay says:

Yay!!! Love Haven glad hear it’s coming back!

36. rusty says:

Haven is my favorite show. I like greasy Duke. Nathan just needs a cowboy hat (a white one); a fabulous good guy.
    Audrey makes both hearts pitterpatter. Love it! Then there’s troubles whackadoodle. Keep doing what yer doing!!!

37. alane says:

Luv this show-glad to see it’s going on, esp since fringe is ending on that other network. I actually like face-off & hot set, but please limit the paranormal “reality” stuff-they seem to scare each other other more than the audience. Also-am in mourning for Eureka. Also-every guy should know a gal is attracted to the bad boy,but we smart ones only “play” with the bad boys and get real w/the good ones.

38. steve says:

We never got to see what happened in the last episode of season 3. Will we ever see that one?

39. Siann says:

When does Haven season 4 air in the UK and what happened to part 2 of the last episode when she realises its the Psych doctor .

40. Angel says:

SO EXCITED they didn’t cancel the show!!!! I’m seriously deliriously happy they are making yet another season :) WOOHOOO!!!

41. Pam says:

I am really glad Haven has been renewed. With Eureka gone, Haven is the only SyFy show left that I care about.

42. Don’t watch much tv, but I love Haven and the Stephen King references. I’m so glad it got renewed, After seeing the final episode I knew it had to be!

43. CaitynnSteele says:

OMG ! Sooo Glad there is more haven i am soo obsessed with it !! i cried soo badly at the end of the season :(

44. jacob says:

I, too, am pleased @ Haven’s renewal. Good for you SyFy! Now, bring back Sanctuary; please!

45. Aidan says:

HA-VEN! HA-VEN! HA-VEN!

46. nancyel says:

You realize Duke is played by an excellent actor & his part was written by a writer. In person I’m sure he would not like being called slimey etc. Reality check OK.

47. Amanda says:

Heaven is an awesome show!! Its the perfect amount of drama with syfy. I really liked 666 Park Avenue for the same reason. I think they would be in the same class of good. Since ABC wasnt smart enough to give a good syfy type show a chance SyFy would be smart to get the first season and rerun it for all SyFys followers and then run with it. Id watch every episode over again!!! Haven and 666 would be a great tag team Friday Night.

48. I absolutely love this show. I saw a preview of it last year auto recorded a couple episodes and after the second time I saw it I was in love.
    The characters are perfectly cast. The setting is beautiful and looks like a place far enough the grid that things that happen there might truly be possible.
    I can’t wait till the nee season starts then hopefully another after that will be picked up.
    Hey, who would have thought they could think up stuff for Dexter to run 8 seasons but they did and it’s great every time. I will miss that show, a lot, by the way.

49. Jeannine says:

Completely in love with this show glad that Duke went in after her mmm mmm mmmm cannot wait for season 4 I hope Adam Copeland gets his daughter back in the next season maybe she’ll be troubled too hmmm