Exclusive

Gossip Girl Exclusive: Kristen Bell to Appear in Series Finale – But Is She You-Know-Who?

Kristen Bell Gossip Girl Series FinaleGossip Girl is bringing out the big petite blonde guns for its much-anticipated series finale: TVLine has learned exclusively that Kristen Bell will likely make an appearance in the show’s endgame.

PHOTO | First (and Potentially Very Spoilery) Look at Gossip Girl Finale

Reps for The CW and Warner Bros. had no comment, but rumor has it Bell — the voice behind the show’s titular gossipmonger — shot a cameo in the swan song, which is set to air Monday, Dec. 17.

RELATED | Look Who’s Returning For Gossip Girl Finale

The development adds a new layer to speculation surrounding the mysterious scoopster’s identity, which producers recently confirmed will be revealed in the final episode (titled, appropriately, “New York, I Love You XOXOX.”)

Do you think Bell is coming on to put a face to the ubiquitous blogger’s voice? Or is the show pulling a bait-and-switch on us? Hit the comments!

1. Sabi says:

I’m waayyy excited. Like Kristin Bell meets a sloth excited.

2. Van says:

yes!!! I hope so but I feel like gossip girl will be revealed to be jenny

3. HEATHER says:

I have to admit that I will be pretty disappointed if “THE” Gossip Girl ends up being someone that we have not seen at some point in the past. However I am a fan of Kristen Bell, so it will be nice to see her.

4. Elena says:

Yes!! I would love it if is true !!

5. kara saun says:

I think her appearance will be an inside joke for the fans but no, she’s not the real Gossip Girl. Curious to see who it is. Leighton said it’s not who she thought it would be so that takes away Dorota.

6. Nora says:

I want her to be Gossip Girl so bad.

7. Leni says:

No one is anticipating this mess. Stop exaggerating.

8. John says:

Her voice so rather obviously, why not her?

• jackson says:

Because they had to hide the voice to keep the mystery. If the person from the cast who was doing it all along had voiced it all along, well, then there would be no mystery, would there, Einstein?

9. Esaul says:

I think it’d be hilarious if Gossip Girl’s Dorota. She’s honestly the last person I’d think of. But it’d be perfect.

10. Rob J. says:

Bell turning out to be Gossip Girl would definitely be playing fair with the audience — even better would be Gossip Girl, whatever her name is, turning out to be a close relative to (out to first cousin, but preferably the older sister) of practically any significant non-royal twenty-something character on the show. Even her being an older sister of Georgina Sparks would work.

11. B says:

I’d like to see gosssip girl actually being one of the guys. Now that would be a shocker.

12. tvcrazy says:

Gossip Girl will be the asian girl that was one of Blair’s minions in high school (the name totally escapes me right now)

13. Tammy says:

Isn’t GG Blair in the books? I know they haven’t stuck to the books very much. Jenny would be an interesting choice since she is coming back for an episode too.

But are we back to the original GG now… that whole Georgina is GG and then Serena is GG and then the pc is stolen etc. I forgot who got it last.

14. Brit says:

I think it’s just a fun cameo for the fans, assuming there are any of those left. I know the show doesn’t exactly follow the books, but did the books never reveal who GG is?

15. Get It says:

I don’t think she will be GG. Can’t wait to see who it is. No really, I can’t wait. They should just skip to the last episode and end the travesty. I can’t stand the writers lying anymore.

16. dude says:

I think it’d be great if it was just her. Gossip Girl works so much better as some anonymous random stalker than an “inside man” and everyone has been betrayed by Gossip Girl to the level that no member of the core group is going to make sense.

• Summer says:

It would if they did it so that they’d never be suspected of being Gossip Girl.

We only know that it’s not Serena for sure.

17. deb says:

I’m beyond excited!! She’s awesome!
    I don’t think she’ll be gossip girl.. but I won’t mind if she is..
    I’ve never cared for who gossip girl is, partly because they never revealed it in the books..

18. David Torres says:

Will she be “showing”, in that timeframe?

19. Sarah says:

OMFG this is awesome!! I’ve been saying for ages that she HAS to be Gossip Girl. I already picture her anyway!!

20. Matt C. says:

Oh please, please let her be Gossip Girl! I just can’t imagine it NOT being her after so many years of hearing her voice.

21. elf says:

Geoff Peterson will not be happy.

22. Jason says:

My theory–Kristen Bell will appear as a character who has been reading the Gossip Girl blog out loud. Or as a friend of Gossip Girl.

23. James says:

It would be AMAZING if she is!!! My perfect finale would be Serena and Blair walking around New York with a voiceover from Gossip Girl, and in the end a little shot of who she is. Yes, let it be Kristen Bell!!!

• Olivia says:

They have to tell you not only her identity but why she did this and how she came to know so much about them in the beginning

• Tara says:

Schaudenfraude I would assume. I mean these characters give you so much to point and laugh at.. it would kind of be hard pressed not to start a blog making fun of them.

24. If I were writing the Bell cameo, she’d be playing an FBI agent (or possibly a newly minted PI) named Veronica. (And I’m astonished that nobody else has gone there yet….)

• deb says:

THIS.
      My heart would explode of happiness.
      1st because I’ve been waiting for so long for her to be on gg, 2nd because this scenario would be absolutely perfect.

• Ace says:

Oh, lord, YES.

• Red Jane says:

ha ha – I SO agree!!! It was my first thought though arguably because I never watched Gossip Girl and I am a hardcore Veronica Mars fan!

Even better this will launch Veronica Mars’ 4th season – now that would make my day!

25. Mari says:

I love Kristen Bell so I’d def. go back to watch GG just to see her.

26. JC says:

This is the best news regarding Gossip Girl in a long time. She should be Gossip Girl and her character is someone who has a history with Serena and Blair :)

27. Tedi says:

100% YES!!!!!!!!!! If she’s not GG it’ll be a nice Easter egg for the fans =)

28. bobbie says:

I do hope it’s Kristen Bell! Veronica Mars! Totally, think it should be her.
    She should be someone they ignored, didn’t even notice, realize that she exists…..
    I only wish she could have been in the series all along, she’s so awesome.

29. GG team?? says:

Just occurred to me that being GG takes up a lot of free time… Remember that both Serena and Georgina complained about how much time it took, checking the emails and posting them? So surely it is someone that we only see a little bit of…. Unless there is more than 1 person working in the GG team??

30. They’re going to go the Pretty Little Liars route and by the end of the season you’ll find out that pretty much EVERYONE is Gossip Girl.

31. charissa29 says:

Does anyone really care, except that it is always nice to see Kristen Bell on tv.

32. Keenan says:

Just a wild guess but could GG frame someone as Gossip Girl and one of the final scenes is we see is the real one?

33. Celeste says:

Can’t wait for the finale, the season’s been so mediocre, the only reason I’m sticking around is to find out who GG.

34. Celeste says:

Oh and I think Kristen Bell should play this character, lets call her Veronica, and Blair and Serena hire her to find out who GG is, because she’s a super sleuth detective, or something along those lines.

• Els says:

Veronica back on tv would be awesome!! But it doesn’t really fit with this show. To be honest I don’t really care what character Kirsten plays or if she is GG, the main thing is Kirsten is on.

35. Rebekah says:

My guess is that Gossip Girl is Blair and Chuck.
    It just kind of makes sense. If it were going to be one of the main characters, it has to be one of them or both.
    Serena can’t be GG and it’s not Nate as he’s spent the last year trying to figure out who it is and Dan just seems too obvious.
    I’d absolutely love it if it was Dan and Chuck working as a team though. It would just be so unexpected.

36. Tay says:

To me Gossip Girl is more than one person. Someone who need be in the spotlight and a friend who is always helping

37. Hojana says:

I love Kristen Bell, but even she will not get me to tune into this fail show. Hacks that are the writers and producers of this show have no skills and should pursue something else.

38. Loni says:

I’ve never watched Gossip Girl, but I might just watch the episode if Kristen Bell’s in it.

39. Antonio says:

I hope Gossip Girl turns out to be Dan..now that would be a shocker!

40. BtG says:

I hope Kristen Bell is Gossip Girl. Like LITERALLY. Kristen Bell comes in playing Kristen Bell, who in her spare time gossips about these people. I think that would be a hilarious twist. I don’t watch this show but I want this so badly,

41. Meh says:

Kristen needs to be Gossip Girl. Anything else will just be wrong.

42. LinZ says:

What if GG was actually a man? Who would it be? :O

43. Alicia says:

I’m calling it right now – Gossip Girl is Vonya (the doorman and Dorotas husband) He hears all evil, sees all evil and of course, speaks all evil. ;)

44. Holly says:

Am I the only one who think it’d be wrong to have Kristen Bell as Gossip Girl? I do agree that she should make an appearance, but I don’t think she should be THE Gossip Girl. It would be far better for Gossip Girl to be someone that’s already in it, or been in it at some point, that would be a great twist for the end of a show and would leave people shocked. The show has to have a voice-over anyway, it doesn’t mean the voice-over SHOULD be Gossip Girl… I really hope it’s not Kristen Bell, I do like her! But it would ruin the end for me.. It wouldn’t be much of a finale.

45. Monika says:

I think Gossip Girl is Juliette! I read a spoiler about how her character will appear in the series finale. It would make perfect sense. Juliette character was there to get revenge on Serena for her brother/cousin? Ben. (the teacher Lily had arrested) she was “crazy” and wasn’t on the show for long but she knew everything about everyone…

46. trinajo says:

look on the official website. on the episodes list it states kristen bell is gossip girl – every other single episode it has kristen bell as gossip girl but has (voice only, not credited) written next to it……..but not on the last episode…..