The CW's Beauty and the Beast Nabs Full Season

Beauty and the Beast is sitting pretty: The freshman drama has earned a full-season pickup from The CW.

The back-nine order comes the morning after the show enjoyed some impressive ratings gains. Thursday’s episode scored week-over-week growth of 9 percent in total viewers and 17 percent in the 18-49 demo.

RELATED | Beauty and the Beast Scoop: Seeker Star Bridget Regan to Play [Spoiler]

Beauty is the second CW rookie to get a full-season, following last month’s pickup of Arrow. The jury is still out on the network’s struggling medical soap Emily Owens, M.D.

1. Michelle says:

YES! I think the show has improved every week. So glad it got picked up!!!

2. Ella B. says:

really? i haven’t been particularly impressed with this one…

3. wrstlgirl says:

YAY!!! Last night’s eppy left me reeling……I’m 3 for 3 so far this season. Arrow….Chicago Fire and now Beast!!

• jules says:

I’m watching the exact same shows!!
      I thought B&B started out the least strong of the three, but improved so much every week ( especially yesterday’s episode), it’s now definitely up there with Chicago Fire and Arrow, all three now great shows, that I’m glad are getting picked up for whole seasons each.

4. stephy says:

YES!!! So excited! Love Beauty and the Beast! So happy for Kristin KreuK! BATB is such an addicting show!

5. John says:

The first two episodes sucked and I dropped it. I love Kristin and hear its getting better. Along with this news, it means I’ll probably give the show another chance.

6. HannahC says:

So happy about this!!! This show is getting better by the week. Great cast, great story, great chemistry between Vincent and Catherine as well as the rest of the cast. To those who haven’t watched or watched the pilot and didn’t come back, please give the show another look. It has improved from the pilot and is starting to come together. Love it!!!!!

7. Elyse says:

i always give all of the CWs shows (minus the reality series) a try but Beauty and Emily Owens just weren’t any good. i stopped watching both after a few episodes.

8. Sharie says:

So happy!!!!! It has gotten significantly better. I am glad I stuck with it…last night’s ep was quite frankly one of the best…

9. Sharie says:

Also yeah, I would agree the first two eps weren’t great. But the latest ones are MUCH better. I really think it is a lot like Vamp Diaries..it takes awhile to find its groove. But again I REALLY now enjoy the show..would encourage others to give it a try…

10. Kristina says:

Cool! Really liking the show, hope it sticks around a while.

11. AT says:

Great news! The show really has improved immensely! I hope people will give it another chance. Episodes 3 through 5 have been fantastic. It is really starting to come together. Also, everyone, the writers want your feedback on twitter so write them. They want to know what you think and how to improve the show. Follow them at BeautyandtheBeastCW (@BatBwriters).

12. Brandy says:

I really like, for me it’s a perfect Thurs night combo of VD and Beauty.Its one of only three new shows I kept with after trying several.It’s my fave new fall show-I do like Nashville and Emily Owens.

13. suzie says:

Absolutely THRILLED! Love Kristin and Jay!

14. Melody Paris says:

I wasn’t sure about this show at first, but it has grown on me. Does it still have issues? Yes. But it is improving and keeps me entertained.

15. Renee says:

I’m really happy to hear this.

16. lynn says:

Fantastic news !!! I’m loving this show. So fricking happy its been given a full season :D

17. Isabelle says:

YES! First Chicago Fire and now this, TV has been kind to me this week. Arrow, Chicago fire and Beauty and the Beast are my top favs of this new season and I hope they get renewed for season 2. Last nights episode was perfect, Vincent giving us all that skin aside (Thank you Jay Ryan!), I like the dynamic developing between all the characters and I love that Cat takes care of herself, she’s no damsel in distress

18. mrallan78 says:

With a full-season renewal, I wonder if this means it could shift to Fri at 9 to pair with Nikita, while Cult will take its Thu at 9 slot to pair with TVD?

19. A says:

Between Beauty and Arrow – I think the CW is on fire. I wasn’t sure about Beauty at first but it has own me over, more and more, week after week, and I am excited for more. And I am just in Love with Arrow.

• jules says:

Right? The CW has really done something right with their new shows this year! B&B improved so much after the first 2 weeks and Arrow is just on fire. Both amazing!

20. tvdiva says:

That’s great news. I bought the season pass at $9.99. Does that mean I have to pay more for the rest of the episodes?

• Debby says:

What does a 9.99 season pass mean? i am new to CW. I LOVE Beauty and the Beast. GREAT love story. of course they want us to want Cat and Vincent together but they must tease us for a while. that gives us half the fun in it. Arrow is great too!! I love once upon a time and was obsessed until i saw Arrow and BandB. Beauty and the Beast is my most favorite of them all. I need to go back and see many CW shows from the beginning. what ones are the best??? Vampire Diaries is one i just started?? what other ones are good??

21. Jared says:

This show has gotten so much better since the pilot. I actually look forward to watching it every week. Happy to see the uptick in viewers and the CW letting it see where this show can go creatively.

22. Antonio says:

I wasn’t sure how I felt about this series in the beginning..but lately the episodes have been so good and the story has come together rather well.

Emily Owens makes me cringe whenever I see the commercials with those dreadful voiceovers.

23. kavyn says:

All of the CW’s shows are going to get a back 9 (except possibly Emily Owens) because they have nothing to replace them with.

• Sarah says:

Gossip Girl isn’t getting back 9 either… you sound like a hater. Anyway, this series has picked up a lot since the pilot and I’m very happy its getting a full season!

• kavyn says:

Because Gossip Girl is ending… Of course it’s not getting a back 9 because it’s being written as the final season.

• Sarah says:

You stated “all” CW shows are going to get a back 9. All means all. Gossip Girl nor Emily Ownes MD are getting back 9. Meaning “all” CW’s shows aren’t getting a back 9, just point out the error.

• Alex says:

No, kavyn is being smart and realistic. The CW does not have a lot of shows on the shelf and is forced to keep crap like Beauty and the Beast for a full season due to this fact. This stinker won’t make it to a second season, though. It really sucks and is almost certain to do more and more poorly as time goes by.

• Sarah says:

Crap? Have you actually watched the series or are you just blindly calling it crap for the sake of it? As doing more poorly as the time goes, this week’s episode did a 17% jump in ratings…

• alexis says:

cw has all kinds of show like B&B TVD supernatural arrow and im sure theres more i just havent gotten the chance to try them out yet! so if you dont like it dont watch it and move on with your life. that simple. why waste time complaining? and if its gonna get worse then why did the veiws improve by 17%?!? hater. anyway ive loved loved loved this show since it aried and didnt seem a problem with the first couple episodes, but i do think that its rlly heating up and getting alot better and i love kristen since she was in smallville and cried when she left:,( im so happy shes back and now im in love with jay ryan! this and walking dead are the best shows ever!

24. Beast Fan says:

Yippee! So glad there will be even more BatB to come! I’ve mostly been into reality shows for the past few years, and find it neat that this season I have 3 favourite new fiction/dramas that a lot of others seem to like too (Chicago Fire, Arrow, BatB). I LOVE Jay Ryan and Kristen Kreuk together. Everyone wants them to get together, but its the bumps along the way that make it all the more enticing to keep watching. Can’t wait for next week! Soooo long!

25. Janet Snakehole says:

Excellent news!! Its gotten so much better! I’m glad I stuck around! Please keep watching

26. Melissa says:

So happy to hear this! It did start slow but now its awesome and will just get better and better! Love the chemistry between Kristin and Jay. More seasons to come!

27. Kristen says:

I just can’t get into this show. It’s just bad. I think the ratings wil lstart falling again and it won’t get a second season.

28. Debby says:

What does a 9.99 pass mean?? can anyone recommend what other CW shows are good. I just started watching the first season of vampire diaries. I LOVE Beauty and The beast and Arrow. BandB has to tease us every week hoping Vincent and Cat get together. that is half the fun of it. Keep them coming

• Sarah says:

Itunes have a season pass for Beauty and the Beast for $9.99 US dollars. You buy the pass and get all the episodes for the season the morning after the episode air!

29. mia says:

YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

30. Alex says:

This show reeks so much, but the CW has bigger problems: Stinkita and Emily Owens are the main ones.

31. shuayb says:

To the person who callz Nikita Stinkita. You sir are insane. You probably escaped from Briarcliff and should probably go back.
    Emily Owens aired 3 eps. Its too soon to call. I’m glad its gotten a full season order, but unless it manages to produce TVD like ratings, this will be a one season show. At best.

32. sh says:

Thank GOd!
    I love BATB!

33. Ally Oop says:

Wow. I really should have checked this show out. I didn’t bother because I figured it was in a deathslot and would be cancelled.

34. Cora Dora says:

Yay! I’m glad that both Arrow and now BatB have gotten full seasons. I hope Emily Owens does too. I have to admit that I’m looking a lot of CW’s line up this season.

35. amy says:

I LOVE THE SHOW ITS SO GREAT AND AMAZING. IT HAS ACTION, ROMANCE, A LITTLE COMMEDY, SUSPENCE, AND A LITTLE BIT OF HORROR ( VINCENTS FACE). I LOVE IT. KRISTEN KREUK (SMALLVILLE) IS AMAZING THE SHOW KINDA REMINDS ME OF SMALLVILLE IN A WAY. THIS SHOW IS THE BEST ONE ON THE CW. WHO WOULD OF THOUGHT A SHOW LIKE THIS WOULD COME ABOUT. AND THE LAST EPISODE AIRED FOR THE WEDDING, WOW WOW WOW THE CLIFF HANGER MY MOUTH WAS DROPED OPEN. THEY DID GOOD.

36. danny says:

i was reading everybodys comments and i think the show is great. Like amy said smallville, i think BAB is like that in a way. Smallville didint pick up right away like season 4 lois 4 years than she came in. BAB is just starting out and got picked up for a full season after 9 episodes i think its doing realy realy well. No show just jumbs straight into it they need to carry it out make it more intersting as it goes. Thats what makes a good show in the long run piece by piece. Revaling little by little. Its such a great show and has so much potential. I like it and i think its great. Also i know everybodys waiting for that kiss, but like smallville they didint jumb into it untill a little bit more towards the end. I think saving the kiss builds suspense. Cause each episode is dif. So you dont know whats gonna happen.

37. heather says:

Great show!!! I am now on the edge of my seat since the season finale. They are finally starting to have some major chemistry together. Can’t wait for it to come back in January. How cute is Vincent in the tux????

38. tom says:

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This show is amazingly cool. Like fantastic. The winter finale was so cool and clever, who thinks to flip a car twice than shot cat. that was some great screen writing wow.

39. tom says:

I realy hope the show gets a scound season.

40. md says:

I HAVE READ SOME OF THESE SO CALLED COMMENTS AND I AGREE ITS A GREAT SHOW. I also dont know if u can compare it to smallville but i do agreee if u liked smallville than u will like this. smallille was great and so is this show. WATCH IT!!!! GIVE IT A CAHANCE, IT REALY DOES IMPORVE WITH EACH EPPISODE, KINDA LIKE SMALLVILLE DID. I think there r a couple of smallville fans on here.

41. A. S. says:

what a great show!!!!!!! this stuff rocks. this show has my vote and a couple of votes for the tv awards too. :) PEOPLE u have to got to watch this show is so amazing :) :) hehehehehe love it. It has such a great story behind it too. ok BEAUTY AND THE BEAST you have my votes big time 100,000 times :) hehehehehehehehehehehehehe yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa great job on the show. :) cant wait to see more.

42. A. S. says:

O WAIT IF U LIKE THE SHOW LIKE IT ON FACEBOOK TOO. :) :) :) OK HEHEHEHEHE OR CLICK LOVE IT OK JK LIKE IT IS GOOD ENOUGH .

43. Ana says:

Yes! It is a great addictive show. What a chemistry! Pls. more seasons for Beauty and the Beast! and DON’T kill Catherine like what they did with the original series(Linda Hamilton)!

44. karen says:

o wow u can write ur comments on here, ok well lets see……… LOVE THE SHOW :) HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY. wow its so wonderful and magical, and just wow i wanna scream for it. woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. hahahahahahahahaha this show is sparkling up with light. wooooooooooooo.

• alexis says:

I NO IM THE EXACT SAME WAY!!!!!!!!!11 I JUST GOT DONE WATCHING THE TOUGH LOVE EPISODE A COUPLE HRS AGO AND IM STILL FREAKING OUT I HAVE TO WAIT 3 WEEKS!! AND THAT KISS!?!?!?!? TO DIE FOR!!!!:)<3

45. A.S says:

I was just about to write another comment than i saw one pop up i have never seen that before hehehehehehehehehe :) anyway another way to get good ratings on the show is to record the reruns for tom night. :) :) :) hehehehehehehehehehe come on guys u know its a great show hehehehehehehehehehehehehe :) :) LOVE IT. WATCH IT COME ON :):):):):):) heheheheheheheheheheeh SERIUOUSLY WATCH IT OK IOTS REALY REALY GOOD.

46. NICK. says:

THATS A GREAT IDEA TO RECORD TOM NIGHTS EPISODE. COOL I GOTTA DO THAT.

47. o. says:

ok so i love the show and thinks its realy great this one is amazing.

48. kim says:

i just watched an episode online and was like wow. than watched another um…. trapped i think and was like wow. than watched another and scremed at the end heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy this was great.