How I Met Your Mother Hot Shots: Joe Manganiello Is Back and He's (Gulp!) Chunky

How I Met Your Mother welcomes back an old friend when True Blood star Joe Manganiello returns as Brad in the Nov. 19 episode (CBS, 8/7c). But the following sneak peek suggests that Marshall’s law-school pal, who’s packed on some pounds and gone scraggly, has not been doing so well.

(Don’t worry, folks; Manganiello’s only sporting a fake gut. Underneath, those washboard abs are still laundry-ready.)

RELATED | How I Met Your Mother Gets Schooled by Covert Affairs‘ Peter Gallagher

To help him out, Marshall sets him up with an interview for a gig at his firm, but the meeting goes awry.

Meanwhile, a single Barney heads back to the strip-club circuit — a return negotiated by his best bro, Robin.

Check out the gallery below, and then hit the comments with your thoughts.

Comments (12)

• Nice. Liked ‘Brad’.

Comment by Jesse – November 7, 2012 11:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What does Ted say that gets the triple-spit-take in that fourth pic?

Comment by wordsmith – November 7, 2012 11:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • “I’ve decided to revisit my past with Stella” xD

Comment by Azerty – November 7, 2012 12:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • “Maybe I have taken a little too long to find the woman that I am going to marry and have children with.”

Comment by Blake – November 7, 2012 02:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • “Barney, I clearly get along better with you than any girl I’ve dated in the past, will you marry me?” Sorry, couldn’t resist lol.

Comment by justsomegirl – November 7, 2012 05:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • something that will make me groan over how unfunny it is like the rest of this season. by the way the groan you may have just heard was me, a group spit take is a new low for a once great show

Comment by Alan – November 7, 2012 02:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I just hope they’ll say ‘Sweet Mother Of God’ and then spit.

Comment by Olivia – November 7, 2012 03:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maybe this is just the B/R fangirl in me, but LOOK at how close Barney and Robin are sitting next to each other. Her elbow is practically resting on his thigh. I saw someone post a tweet about Barney and Robin sharing a “special” moment in this episode. Can’t wait to see what it is! Can’t it be next monday already?

Comment by justsomegirl – November 7, 2012 04:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She´s sitting as close to him as she is to Lily.

Comment by Chiara – November 8, 2012 01:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes I agree I really want to see them getting closer I love them and it does look like they’re sat really close on the sofa so who knows gah I just want it to be on (and one episode airs on my birthday ‘November 19′) so please hurry up I live for my Monday’s!!!!!!!!

Comment by MellissaaStinson – November 8, 2012 02:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WHY would they get Manganiello on and give him a GUT?! Are they stupid?!

Comment by Ella – November 7, 2012 06:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No, they’re not stupid. They just desperately need to find ways now to make the superlative cinq look less like losers after all this time. Let’s face it, it’s been quite a while and they are now in their mid to late thirties. Please don’t get me wrong here. I love this show and would like to see it bow out with dignity, and soon, while there may still be a shred of dignity left.

Comment by april-ann – November 7, 2012 07:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post