Exclusive First Look: House Alum Lisa Edelstein Lights Elementary's Fuse

Get More: Exclusive, First Look

Lisa Edelstein is da bomb — or, more accurately, will be trying to dodge one — when she guest-stars on CBS’ Elementary this month. And we have a first look at the beloved House alum’s visit.

RELATED | CBS’ Elementary Scores Plum Post-Super Bowl Slot

As previously scooped by TVLine, in the episode “Long Fuse” (airing Thursday, Nov. 29), Edelstein plays Heather Vanowen, the bright and charismatic CEO of a high-end PR consultancy. Heather will cross paths with NYPD consultant Sherlock Holmes (played by Jonny Lee Miller) as he investigates a deadly bombing that appears to have been aimed at her company.

RELATED | Elementary Exclusive: Look Who’s Playing Watson’s Mom! — Will She Approve of Holmes?

In this first look photo, Captain Thomas Gregson (Aidan Quinn) and Joan Watson (Lucy Liu) look on as Heather processes the dire threat on her business and employees. Are you looking forward to seeing Edelstein, who last season stopped by CBS’ The Good Wife, back on your screen?

Lisa Edelstein on Elementary Nov. 29

Comments (58)

• Now she gets to say she was in two Sherlock adaptations.

Comment by Annie – November 5, 2012 02:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Absolutely looking forward to seeing her on this show. I’ve seen every episode and it’s very well done. She picks good shows :-) And good shows pick her :-)

Comment by Sun – November 5, 2012 02:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Absolutely agree!!! 100%

Comment by Alla – November 6, 2012 08:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BRING IT ON!!! So excited to see the fantastic and incredible talented Lisa Edelstein back on screen! :D and hell she looks so pretty on this picture :D Can’t wait to watch this episode!

Comment by El – November 5, 2012 02:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So happy to have Lisa Edelstein and Lucy Liu sharing the screen again. Can´t wait to see the ep!

Comment by Flor – November 5, 2012 02:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Way to go, looking good in that dress. I always thought her body was the one thing that made her special. Nice. (I wish the series was more interesting though, until now it just looks like your usual procedural. There isn’t anything that seems very Sherlock Holmes-like to me so far.)

Comment by carl – November 5, 2012 02:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nice catch. If it wasn’t for her body she would be just like any other mediocre actress out there. As it is, she is barely above the crowd.

Comment by steve – November 5, 2012 04:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Now now. Who’s saying that great b**bs don’t make a difference?

Comment by carl – November 5, 2012 04:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • They do for me…

Comment by steve – November 5, 2012 05:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Interesting. She was on a show that revolved around a character based on Sherlock. Now she’s on a show that revolves around Sherlock. I suppose the next logical step is for her to star in a show AS Sherlock.

Comment by Stephen – November 5, 2012 02:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “Are you looking forward to seeing Edelstein, who last season stopped by CBS’ The Good Wife, back on your screen?”

Comment by JAA – November 5, 2012 02:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No I will fast forward any bit she is on, can’t stand her

Comment by AJ – November 5, 2012 02:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love her! I can’t stand what they did to the House & Cuddy relationship, it had so much potential..
    Anyway, Lisa was great in House, great in The Good Wife (great in Ally McBeal as well for those who remember), and I’m sure she’ll be wonderful in this.

Comment by Liz – November 5, 2012 03:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She looks absolutely gorgeous! I can’t wait. Go Edelstein!

Comment by Josh – November 5, 2012 03:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wherever she goes Lisa always brings it. Great to see one of my favourite actresses on-screen again!

Comment by Dani – November 5, 2012 03:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES! I can’t wait for this, it’s about time! Loving the outfit.. looking absolutely amazing, miss E.!

Comment by Ann – November 5, 2012 03:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Absolutely stoked about this and really looking forward to seeing Lisa back on TV. Elementary is a good show so far.
    Thanks for this beautiful shot of the gorgeous Lisa.

Comment by irene A – November 5, 2012 03:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes, Yes, Yes! Miss Miss Lisa E from my TV. Would someone give this intelligent and talented actress her own series????

Comment by CevaCeva – November 5, 2012 03:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes! Seriously cannot wait for this!

Comment by Lyns – November 5, 2012 03:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dear Elementary fans, we are very sorry about this. But the Lisa Edelstein fans are (hopefully) all yours now. Our apologies, the House fandom.

Comment by TeL – November 5, 2012 04:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s funny!

Comment by Hee! – November 5, 2012 05:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Dear House fandom: Did you email Tel your vote or did they just randomly decide they speak for millions? My guess…they decided while surfing the net in their moms basement.

Comment by Just sayin – November 5, 2012 05:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You’re funny! Too bad your show got CANCELED after Miss Edelstein left. LOL

Comment by suri – November 5, 2012 11:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I was thinking the same thing.

Comment by Bobby – November 6, 2012 12:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Well, as far i remember all the actors who had to renew their contract were forced to agree to a paycut incl. LE. It was not exactly a sign that the show which was, at that time strongly focused on Cuddy & LEs talent *gasp, was a huge success. Even with LE, It would have been very likely cancelled anyway. Your comment is in my humble opnion pretty narrow-minded and childish therefore it only proves the statement of @TeL . Just Saying :D

Comment by @suri – November 7, 2012 02:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Would you like at the House fandom stay just the idiots like you?

Comment by Cuddy's lawyer – November 6, 2012 12:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LOL, yesss. Her fans are the worst.

Comment by Annie – November 6, 2012 09:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She will be awesome, great talent. Missed her in the House finale.

Comment by Liz – November 5, 2012 04:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Who the frak dug up that gawd-awful dress?

Comment by Jeez – November 5, 2012 05:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No–I frankly can’t stand her! Thought she was terrible on House and don’t expect her to be any better on Elementary.

Comment by D.Lady – November 5, 2012 05:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nice to know Lisa is back..is amazing how she still brings so much passion to this forum.^_~

Comment by tahina – November 5, 2012 05:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll watch the episode because I adore Jonny Lee Miller, but frankly, I could care one whit that she is on the show. She has never done much for me.

Comment by Liana in San Diego – November 5, 2012 08:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great to see Lisa E back on the screen. Really missed her presence in House Season 8 and the House Finale. Always a pleasure to watch a good actress – hope its an interesting role and an interesting episode.

Comment by Reya – November 5, 2012 09:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YEEEEEEEEEEEH! She is gorgeous!

Comment by ppistachio – November 5, 2012 10:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow,wow,wow can’t wait,go Lisa!

Comment by Cuddy's lawyer – November 5, 2012 10:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • nice to see her again!

Comment by poulpo – November 5, 2012 10:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait to see Lisa in action again!

Comment by Sam – November 6, 2012 12:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looking forward to seeing her again!

Comment by Silvia – November 6, 2012 07:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She is amazing and look gorgeous. Bring it on

Comment by pretty – November 6, 2012 08:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I started watching Elementary because of Lisa!I She is amazing!

Comment by titi – November 6, 2012 08:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree that Lisa Edelstein picks good shows and good shows pick her!
    She is so wonderful person and actress, therefore many people from different countries love her and want to see her more often on their TV. LE deserves her own show – it’s for sure!
    Greetings from Europe :)

Comment by Alla – November 6, 2012 09:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nope, I didn’t miss her at all, she’s a terrible actress.

Comment by Annie – November 6, 2012 09:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • “Her fans are the worst.” And she’s a terrible actress…. You are a real clown!

Comment by Kriszta – November 6, 2012 11:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • LMAO. Yeah, I was talking about fans like you.

Comment by Annie – November 6, 2012 01:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • If you don’t like her, why do you read and comment the article about her? You are not better like her “worst fans”!

Comment by Cuddy's lawyer – November 6, 2012 11:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Well, actually it is foremost a spoilery post about the show “Elementary”, a show with its own fans and LE is NOT the star of it. She is just GUEST-starring, so the poster above is absolutely allowed to read the spoiler & voice his/her opnion about this certain casting decision. I´m Sorry to tell you.

Comment by @cuddyslawyer – November 7, 2012 02:33 PM PDT
    • She really is I agree, very limited expressions!

Comment by AJ – November 6, 2012 11:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes I am looking forward to it, Matt. Very much so. Thanks for the scoop and the pic. Elementary is an excellent show, can’t wait for her episode.

Comment by Little Greg – November 6, 2012 09:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yea!!!! Very happy to see LE will be back on my screen. I missed her when she left House.

Comment by Bobby – November 6, 2012 12:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • yeah, I’m super excited to see Lisa Edelstein in Elementary. She’s gorgeous.

Comment by Dani Vidal (@Putz_Vidal) – November 6, 2012 02:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes!! totally! I freaking love her!

Comment by Liz – November 6, 2012 06:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lisa we all miss you.. I am waiting for 29 of November… Thanks for article..

Comment by Yuli Z.H – November 7, 2012 04:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So, so excited to see her on Elementary!!! Absolutely love her!!!!! Can’t wait for November 29! Lisa absolutely rocks :D

Comment by Jul – November 7, 2012 02:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • thank you!!!! She is one of my favorite actresses. I’m freaking out :D

Comment by Kish – November 9, 2012 06:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looking forward to seeing LE spice up the sluggish Sherlock this month. She was excellent on House, which really collapsed when she left. Person of Interest is my favorite show now, but I like looking in on Sherlock too.

Comment by Okeedokee – November 13, 2012 12:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Its not Sherlock thats British this is Elementary, she would and never could be in Sherlock which is v high quaility. These programmes are completely different!!

Comment by AJ – November 21, 2012 05:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this actress. Elementary is a good show but is still lacking something. Maybe Edelstein will bring some charisma. I´m sure she´ll be fantastic in her scenes with the lovely Lucy Liu

Comment by Kucoo – November 16, 2012 01:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love BBC Sherlock so fiercely that I decided I’d just skip this, but Aidan Quinn? **SWOON** .. well I guess I’ll stop in and check it out! (I know that sounds shallow – but I can count my total lifetime “movie star/musician crushes” on one hand!).

Comment by ladyhelix – December 1, 2012 09:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post