The Boy Meets World Sequel: Your Top 20 Reactions – and the 7 Best Story Ideas!

Get More: Commentary, News, Pilots

Boy Meets World SequelA beloved boy may soon be introducing his girl to the world — and you all have a lot to say about it!

Last Friday, we broke the news that Disney Channel is in the early stages of developing a Boy Meets World sequel series, titled Girl Meets World. And while we certainly thought the scoop was exciting, we had no idea it would generate such a fan frenzy.

You cheered, you jeered, you hooted and hollered, and we heard it all — so much so that we took it upon ourselves to compile the best reactions for and against the series. A few of you even pitched some pretty clever story ideas for the potential offshoot (most of which involve a wise man named Feeny), so those have been included below, as well.

TOP 10 PRO REACTIONS

“Feeeeeee-he-he-heeeenay!” –Peter

“Even if this was the worst show ever, I would watch religiously. So many feelings right now.” –Jake

“Had it not been for this show, I would have died happy in the knowledge that [Knight Rider's] KITT was, in fact, a talking car. In spite of that disheartening revelation, I liked it.” –Michael Sacal

“WHAT CAN I DO TO HELP MAKE THIS HAPPEN.” –Paul

“I was thinking this exact concept for years now. This took them long enough. I’m so excited!!” –Paayal

Boy Meets World Sequel“I will only support this if Adam Scott makes multiple appearances as Griff.” –M

“If they honor the heart that made the show great, this cannot go wrong.” –Rachel

RELATED | Debby Ryan Previews Jessie‘s Next Adventures (Including Another Crossover!)

“This is what America needs! Vote Cory!” –A-willy

“I am 29, single, without kids, and suddenly feel the need to get the Disney Channel.” –Hannah

“Are they serious? Um.. please say so. I have been such a hug fan of Boy Meets World [from] when I was little. In fact, I learned some of my morals on this show. I cannot believe this is in the talks. While others might be not so excited about this transition but me, I think you know where I stand.” –carpediemflores

TOP 10 CON REACTIONS

“Please NO. Boy Meets World was such a cute and amazing series conducted with tenderness and heart, Disney Channel would just turn Cory’s and Topanga daughter in a slutty skank that just wants to be famous as a singer or an actress. This is not going to happen, period.” –Jo3y

“I am so torn on this. While I would LOVE to have Boy Meets World back in my life, I don’t think I am ready to watch Cory and Topanga’s CHILD on tv. As if I don’t feel old enough already.” –Sara

“Not sure how I feel about this. I loved Boy Meets World (I still watch the reruns constantly) and a sequel could be cool if, like others said, they don’t ruin the tone and innocence of the original. Boy Meets World SequelOn the other hand, The Disney Channel hasn’t cranked out a decent show since the 90s so they could potentially be ruining the childhood memories of hundreds of fans. I think this would be cooler as a one-off TV movie, a sort of ‘where are they now?’, rather than a series. Also, it says they are in talks to get the original stars, but I do not want to see this idea go forward with different actors playing Cory or Topanga or both.” –J

“If this is on ABC family or even ABC I’m down. If it’s on Disney Channel, I’m out. It’ll likely be another tween sitcom if its on Disney Channel, which would alienate all of us that grew up on the original.” –Joey

RELATED | Disney Channel Renews Good Luck, Charlie for Season 4

“This is going to be terrible. Way to ruin the greatest TV show that has ever existed.” –Morgan Macabre

“MIND. BLOWN. I just don’t know how it will fit into the Disney Channel now. Boy Meets World back in the day had substance, with episodes actually meaning something. I really hope they don’t make their “preteen” daughter a wanna-be singer/actor/whatever…because really, that’s basically all Disney does these days.” –me

“AWFUL IDEA. I really hope Ben and Danielle say ‘no’, and this series doesn’t get made. Disney Channel doesn’t do shows like Boy Meets World anymore, so it may have this name on it but it will be so much worse. Just leave the show what it was, and make another show about a preteen girl if that’s what ya want.” –Courtney

“This show doesn’t need to be aired on a channel where 99% of its viewers weren’t even ALIVE or CONCEIVED to know what Boy Meets World is. Seriously. Put it on ABC or some other channel that’s more deserving. It should be for the REAL 90s kids.” –Nora

“Can’t wait for the Boy Meets WorldStars Wars crossover episode.” –Ray C.

“It sounds like trainwreck waiting to happen, but I’d watch it. fo sho.” –cjeffery7

TOP 7 STORY IDEAS

“So here it is — Eric should live above the garage of Cory and Topanga’s house. Mr. Turner should live next door and follow the daughter up through school like Feeny did. Feeny should be principal at John Adams High. Frankie and his dad should be the wrestling coaches that pick on Shawn’s son. Minkus could be another teacher that the daughter has and gets in trouble with, resulting in a parent-teacher conference between Minkus and Topanga… so many possibilities!” –Randi

“Cory and Topanga’s daughter falls for Shawn’s bad boy son. Make it happen, Disney! –I Heart Chuck Bass (and Damon Salvatore)

“If this happens, I hope they name the daughter Beverly Glenn (their future daughter’s name in the “Plays with Squirrels” episode).” –KS

Boy Meets World Sequel“Would it be too much to ask that Eric + Jack are married in this sequel? Cause those two were totally gay and that would be a really bold move for Disney to make. Their kids could go to school with the main girl.” –mia

“…Make Eric a teacher at the school.” –Sarabeth

“OMG so excited!!! I hope Cory and Shawn end up as next-door neighbors. And I can totally imagine Angela kicking Shawn out of the house for a night and Shawn having to sleep on the Matthews’ couch! I so hope Disney doesn’t mess this up!” –Aly

“I’d freak if Feeee-he-heeeeeenay was her principal. Her version of Cory, or even Shawn, needs to be Minkus’ kid.” –Topo GiGi

TOP FAKEOUT

“Just want you guys to know that @BenSavage and I have talked and we’ve decided…Thanksgiving is going to be delicious this year!” Boy Meets World star Danielle Fishel via Twitter, after news of a sequel broke

How are you feeling about a possible Boy Meets World sequel? Any brilliant story ideas of your own? Hit the comments!

Comments (101)

• Would love to see Eric involved, but just read a NY Post interview with the creator of BMW said Will Friedle is an agoraphobic now, so that may prevent it. That would explain why he hasn’t done many onscreen appearances since BMW.

Comment by Tyler Thurston (@reedthurston) – November 5, 2012 12:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’d really like to see an online source.

Comment by Ryan Schwartz (@ryanschwartz) – November 5, 2012 12:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Rider Strong tweeted the interview. It’s a behind-the-scenes look at the making of the “And Then There Was Shawn” episode.

Comment by Tyler Thurston (@reedthurston) – November 5, 2012 01:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Still not providing a source. Link the tweet or the interview.

Comment by Anonymous – November 5, 2012 01:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Tried posting a link, but it won’t let me. Google Will Freidle and agoraphobic, and it comes up, “An Oral History of the Infamous ‘Boy Meets World’ Horror Parody Episode.”

Comment by Tyler Thurston (@reedthurston) – November 5, 2012 01:11 PM PDT
        • It turns out to be an elaborate hoax, apparently. See my explanation below.

Comment by TV Gord – November 5, 2012 01:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • can’t find it.

Comment by Michael Sacal – November 6, 2012 08:01 AM PDT
          • Look three posts down…

Comment by TV Gord – November 6, 2012 09:54 AM PDT
    • Source? Couldn’t find this interview anywhere.

Comment by Anonymous – November 5, 2012 12:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Found the article. But Paula Deen, Rose McGowen and many other actors/actresses are agoraphobics too, and still regularly make appearances. Will has gone into a lot of voice work too (as the article said) so I’m sure he’d be OK to do the show.

Comment by Anonymous – November 5, 2012 01:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Actually given how much voice work he does, it would be surprising if he couldn’t overcome his agoraphobia to get work. Most recording booths are tiny rooms.

Comment by Rob – November 17, 2012 03:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You need to look up what agoraphobia is, Rob. You apparently have the wrong idea.

Comment by Brandon – January 29, 2013 08:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I can’t help but wonder if the producers considered having him just voice Eric. Like, uncle Eric lives somewhere else, but he still calls all the time. That would be kind of neat.

Comment by Aki – January 30, 2013 01:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I would love to see a sequel of boy meets world. My only problem with this is that it should be on ABC Family Channel instead of Disney Channel because ABC Family deals with real life situations in the past and it still does the same today, The last time Disney Channel had a hit tv show that dealt with real life situations was in the 90s, nowadays Disney Channel is a joke all it is is comedy. Pllllleeeeeaaaaaassssssseeeeee let ABC Family pick up the sequel because they will keep it exactly like the original. And besides ABC Family picked up BMW Not Disney Channel

Comment by Travis – May 21, 2013 06:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Screw this, I want a spin-off about the sister starring the original Morgan. *That* I’d watch.

Comment by Amanda – November 5, 2012 12:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Boy Meets World is sacred. I agree with the comments saying that the Disney Channel would ruin it.

Comment by Sam – November 5, 2012 12:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As long as Ben Savage and Danielle Fishel are involved that’s all that really matters. Right?

Comment by Hannah – November 5, 2012 12:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • THIS BETTER HAPPEN :)

Comment by Amy Rose Hetherman – November 5, 2012 12:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We need for Shawn and Angela to be apart of this.

Comment by Jane – November 5, 2012 12:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The way you put “apart” means you want them away. Should’ve said “a part”

Comment by Anonymous – November 5, 2012 12:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed. They were such a good couple, I want to see more of them.

Comment by Angela – November 5, 2012 07:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • More proof that there are no original ideas out there anymore. Seriously, Disney? Please don’t ruin Boy Meets world for us!

Comment by danni – November 5, 2012 12:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d watch if they had Topanga and Cory in a threesome relationship with Shawn or Cory and Topanga are divorced and now Cory’s with Shawn because you just know that Cory and Shawn were more than just friends. :)

Comment by Linda – November 5, 2012 12:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • HA! Yes :D *Thinks back to the episode where Cory and Shawn “break up” because Shawn’s dating that girl who hates Cory*!

Comment by Angela – November 5, 2012 07:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ugh. I literally grew up on Boy Meets World elementary thru high school, and I don’t want to see this. Just leave it be. With every generation there’s a certain nostalgia or feeling that can’t be reproduced. Over the weekend I realized how many awesome coming of age movies the 90s had. My Girl, Now and Then, The Babysitters Club, The Sandlot, The Mighty Ducks. Do they even make sentimental movies like that anymore? Oh memories.

Comment by Lena120 – November 5, 2012 12:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They are making a tv show about Now & Then, but its going to be directed by the director of pretty little liars. Don’t know if it’ll have the same innocent coming of age as the film then.

Comment by fsw – November 5, 2012 02:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The director/writer of Pretty Littler Liars is ALSO the writer of the original Now & Then (right? MIND BLOWN!!). So I am pretty sure that it will be a relatively faithful adaptation of the movie

Comment by Twilight123 – November 5, 2012 02:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • God, I was so obsessed with “The Babysitters Club” as a kid. Had the books, watched the movie, watched the TV show…

Comment by Angela – November 5, 2012 07:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • LOL, last summer (at the ripe old age of 29) I started looking at a Babysitters Club book at a garage sale, put it back but then the next day found myself at the local library signing out a bunch. By the end of summer I’d reead all of them. Good memories.After that trip back in time, found myself revisiting Sweet Valley Twins, Saddle Club and Little House On the Prairie. I still continue to watch Degrassi (even though I’m WAY beyond high school) and if Boy Meets Girl comes to fruition, I would definitely watch. However, only if they really paid attention to the first series and stay true to it. I wouldn’t mind if Cory, Topanga and Eric were only background characters but they would definitely have to be a part of it).

Comment by Ally Oop – November 5, 2012 09:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Degrassi is hard to quit because they gradually add new characters into the storyline, so by the time the original cast the TNG was gone, I’d already gotten attatched to the new ones, which sucks because I hate them all! But I can’t stop!

Comment by Casey – November 28, 2012 03:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would love to see Lee Norris on this but I can’t look at him without thinking of Mouth McFadden.

Comment by dude – November 5, 2012 12:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Wow. Lol, I watched One Tree Hill for years but completely forgot that Mouth and Minkus were played by the same actor.

Comment by Ally Oop – November 5, 2012 09:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • WOW!!! At least I’m not the only one who never made the connection.

Comment by Ciara Wimley – January 29, 2013 07:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Minkus, yes please, haha. You know what would really get this off to a great start though, is if Fred Savage directed it!

Comment by Drewer – November 5, 2012 12:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Rider Strong needs to be involved. He’s one of the main reasons why I loved this show at all.

Hey Disney..can we get a Dawson’s Creek sequel as well??

Comment by Jared – November 5, 2012 12:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Don’t you watch Don’t Trust The B In Apartment 23? Everybody hates James Van Der Beek! ;-)

Comment by TV Gord – November 5, 2012 01:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This just needs to happen immediately!!! I don’t care how old this makes me.

Comment by KND – November 5, 2012 12:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will only watch this if Ben Savage and Danielle Fishel are back. Without them, it will just be terrible.

Comment by Karla – November 5, 2012 01:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think this will only work if they brought back as many people from the original series as possible, and have writers who are actually good…

Comment by Lynn – November 5, 2012 01:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Holy crap! I never thought I would get a mention in a TVLine article (barring my internet stalking of Ian Somerhalder becoming an issue of public knowledge). I’m still ridiculously excited about this continuation of BMW.

Comment by I Heart Chuck Bass (and Damon Salvatore) – November 5, 2012 01:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m really excited! The show ran forever in re-runs here in Mexico and it was freaking hilarious and fun and, I’m not gonna lie, it made me cry more than once. I hope the manage to get most if not ALL of the cast back.

I can’t even say how much I love this show. This along with Home Improvement are the only shows my dad agreed to watch without a fight when my sister and I were growing up.

Comment by Alex Matias (@DarthClavie) – November 5, 2012 01:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “Can’t wait for the Boy Meets World – Stars Wars crossover episode.” –Ray C.

BEST COMMENT EVERRR! AHAHHA

Comment by Lucy – November 5, 2012 01:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My comments on here = )! I feel kind of special… lmao.

Comment by Courtney – November 5, 2012 01:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love that people are talking about this. I love that BMW is still so popular even almost 20 years after it first debuted. I’m one of the older fans of the show(I graduated high school the year it debuted), but I think BMW appeals to people of all ages.

I agree with the consensus that this sequel needs to not be done by Disney and I hope Michael Jacobs realizes that. As much as Nickelodeon sucks these days it could be a good fit there or even ABC Family.

I wonder if Cory and Topanga named their kids “Chewbaca & Plankton” ;) BMW fans should know that reference ;-)

Comment by Angela – November 5, 2012 02:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m only in if Feeny, Eric and Shawn are in. Otherwise, I just can’t. I NEED the entire gang.

Comment by Jessie – November 5, 2012 03:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this show with all my heart. I was 17 when it went off the air and I cried like a baby. They need to bring back the writers of the original show and there is one problem that I would like to bring up, William Daniels, who played Mr. Feeny is 85 years old. I saw him on the season premere of Grey’s Anatomy recently.

Comment by David Blain – November 5, 2012 03:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s true that he’d likely be retired in the BMW universe, but he could still guest occasionally as a neighbor, right?

Comment by Ace – November 5, 2012 03:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have already expressed my wariness of a reboot in the original article covering this, but I had an additional thought: When considering whether or not I would trust Disney to successfully reboot a series and maintain the authentic voice, the first thing that comes to mind is when they took over “Doug”, and I immediately realize is no, I would not. #90sKidProblems

Comment by Katie – November 5, 2012 03:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed.
      I do think there could be a way to do this to make it good, though. Just hope the right people get involved for that to happen. And if it is done right, yeah, I’ll be watching.

Comment by Angela – November 5, 2012 07:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Pilot plot idea: Cory, Topanga, and Beverly Glenn move back to Philly after living in NYC since the end of the original series. Cory’s parents have just retired and moved to Boca or someplace, so Cory and Topanga move into Cory’s childhood home and Bev starts attending John Adams High. Her classmates, of course, are the offspring of Shawn, Minkus, Harley, Frankie, Griff, et cetera.

Comment by Ace – November 5, 2012 03:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I would rather they start off Cory and Topanaga’s kid off in middle school. I actually liked the middle school years best in the original BMW. Plus having their kid in high school would make me feel to old.

Comment by Ally Oop – November 5, 2012 09:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really think for this show to work they need Cory, Topanga, Shawn, Eric and Feeny (as much as he can do considering that he’s 85). Everyone else could perhaps guest star. That said, it’s clear that the young girl is the main character. Perhaps Eric could be her favorite uncle who’s also a mentor as well as a teacher at her school. He can still turn to Feeny for advice. Without that, the show may lose its magic. I think Shawn should be single, therefore he can get a new love interest. But of course he’s still a problem between Topanga and Cory. It’s like there’s three people in the marriage. In fact, kind of like Full House, he should move in during the pilot because something has happened to pull him off his feet. I think it would be great for the little girl to be this smart, young sassy little girl who’s narrating the show. So we’re seeing a familiar world to us through her eyes years later. That could be pretty funny. That way they could satirize the 90s while keeping its innocence and also modernizing it. In her mind, they are all so old, which of course makes us laugh and feel old. Shawn should still be the hot one. He’s kind of like the cool uncle who all the girls like! Anyway, there’s so many ideas to work with. As long as it feels like Boy Meets World and can create nostalgia while getting a new audience, I think it will do well.

Comment by Amber – November 5, 2012 03:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • William Daniels, who played Feeny, may be 85, but he’s still pretty active. He’s a regular on Grey’s Anatomy this season!

Comment by TV Gord – November 5, 2012 03:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Awesome! I don’t watch that show…So if he’s still healthy and active I say he should definitely be on the cast with Eric still following him around.

Comment by Amber – November 5, 2012 04:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Omg, I feel totally cool! I got a mention on tvline!! Haha, honestly though, I am loving how much attention this is getting; at least its not just me that was in love with this show. But besides bringing back Cory and Topanga, I think bringing Feeny would be doable as well since he still acts here and there. His role on Grey’s Anatomy doesn’t look very permanent. I’m sure he can swing it. And I would LOVE to see One Tree Hill’s Lee Norris!

But how many actors can they really going to bring back though before it becomes overkill? I don’t know… with everyone’s expectations so high, it just seems so hard to pull this off well.

Comment by me – November 5, 2012 03:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think the closest Disney can get right now is if it got a “Good Luck, Charlie” vibe, but even then, it won’t compare to the original.

Comment by me – November 5, 2012 03:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay! I’ve been published!!! Can I add to it???…. Ok so, Frankie will also be the English lit teacher (remember he liked poetry in the original series). Minkus, the father of an adopted Chinese child (because who would mate with Minkus), could also be divorced and then hit on Topanga at the parent teacher conference. That would be hilarious. Cory should be a stay at home dad while Topanga brings in the money. The daughter should be like Shawn, climbing in and out of windows, pipe bombs, sleeping in class, but still have that same feisty personality as her mother……. Love the possibilities!!!!

Comment by Randi – November 5, 2012 04:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If they don’t make it for the original fans and put it on ABC family with the original actors then DON’T make it. Or atleast call it something different ’cause it won’t be deserving of the title. Why put it on Disney Channel and play it for audiences that don’t know/care about the original? And PLEASE don’t ruin it by replacing actors to play original characters. It’s all in or all out!

Comment by Alyssa – November 5, 2012 04:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Boy Meets World .I grew up watching that show. and i still watchi ghr renrunson ABC amily. I think it would fit better on ABFC or ABC Family. I am very excited to know they are working on this remake . I just hope itis doen right.

Comment by David – November 5, 2012 04:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please let Shawn, Angela & Eric also be in this spin off. I also think that it show be on ABC or ABCFamily instead of Disney Channel to stay true feel of the original.

Comment by SeddieTheRealDeal – November 5, 2012 05:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • shon marres angla

Comment by russell – November 5, 2012 05:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope “Girl Meets World” is either a working title, or something they’re using to get attention.

The title “Boy Meets World” was a play on the phrase “boy meets girl.” But “Girl Meets World” is a dumb title.

If they do it, it will have to work on its own, and be accessible to those who never saw the original show.

Comment by NJMark – November 5, 2012 06:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The title Boy Meets World has become famous on its own, because of the series. Girl Meets World is a play on the original title, so it works, in my opinion.

Comment by TV Gord – November 5, 2012 06:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Dear Disney: Do NOT let NJMark title the show. “Girls Meets World” works just fine, says loud and clear it’s a spinoff.

Comment by Danyelle – November 5, 2012 06:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Disney channel is pass. Please reconsider, and put it on ABC Family.

Comment by Brandy (@Realme2011) – November 5, 2012 06:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why is this not on ABC? It would be great for the “new” TGIF. Disney owns both networks. It feels like they are selling this concept short by demoting it to Disney Channel. This would be the perfect way to relaunch TGIF in the Fall, with a spin on an old TGIF favorite. Buy this Paul Lee!!

Comment by Buddy – November 5, 2012 07:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • this is the worst idea ever
    there is no way any good can come of this show at all
    Boy Meets World is a classic show from the 90s
    Granted it had its flaws with Cory’s youngest sister randomly vanishing and reappearing out of no where
    plus minor plot gabs to Topega and Cory’s younger day relationships
    but still this was a milestone in tv history and should not be touched at all
    if this happens what is next Full House? The Wonder Years? Step by Step?
    This needs too Stop before it even Begins
    Not only is this show in jeopardy or other classic shows from the 80s and 90s but only shows the Possible Future for Star Wars!!!

Comment by Derek – November 5, 2012 07:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think that this show could be a good idea but with that said I don’t think that Disney Channel is the place for it. Imagine the line up today. Up next Shake it Up and after that Girl Meets World? doesnt really mix. The Boy Meets World when I was growing Up taught me alot of things and also dealt with themes that the Disney Channels target audience of 8-12 year old girls would understand.

Growing up with Cory and Shawn and Topanga and everyone it is a little weird for me to see that they all have teenage children seeing as they werent that much older than I am now (20).

Also wouldnt Mr. Feeny be dead, and if not at least in his 80′s which is just not funny because he was a key character for the show and wouldnt be apart of it.
    I would love to see the show on another channel, because while the show is being made for pre teens, in reality most of the viewers will probably be people who actually grew up watching the original show

Comment by Shantae Wilson – November 7, 2012 10:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I didn’t even know that Boy Meets World wasn’t a Disney channel show until a few years ago! They reran it all of the time and I must have seen the series at least twice because of it! I hope that it’s brilliant! Maybe this will be the show that finally breaks the crappy Disney show streak! Get us back to the Lizzie McGuire/Even Stevens days!

Comment by Fabe – November 7, 2012 08:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well there have been some theories that Shawn was a closeted homosexual throughout the series. Maybe (if they could bring Strong back) have him as an outed homosexual man living next door to the Matthews. Or he married Angela but they are having problems and Cory finds out that he is gay and tries to help him.

Eric should make cameo appearances as the crazy uncle but won’t be a regular. Although, I always saw HIM as becoming a teacher. He had a strange wisdom towards the end of the series and he always looked up to Feeny. So maybe Eric could be the schools principal or guidance counselor even.

I see Topanga as the overprotective mother butting into her teenage daughter’s life, while Cory is more laid back.

I’m thinking that Chloe (assuming that’s the daughter’s name) should be best friends with Shawn and Angela’s interracial child. Both Shawn and Angela are journalists, but are barely scraping by.

The story is essentially similar to Boy Meets World in that the girl learns life’s lessons as the series progresses. She should probably be a tad nerdy but blossom as Topanga did throughout the series.

Comment by Jeff – November 8, 2012 09:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • But I have a paper due Friday!

Comment by SuperVan Adazol – November 10, 2012 10:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This needs to happen!!! But i dont think Disney Channel is such a good channel
    idk maybe Nickelodeon or nick at night
    or ABC Family
    Disney Channel is too whack all the shows are about some little kids wanted to become some famous person not all kids want to be famous! -.-
    If they do make this happen i want to see real life problems just like on Boy Meets World.
    i want serious issues not just kids trying to be funny for some laughs it needs problems with drugs and relationships and world news
    please dont make this another Disney Channel show where someone is a singer or dancer or a talking dog is involved!

Comment by tefyy reyes – November 21, 2012 04:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is crazy!!! I loved the show when I was growing up and still watch it, I actually bought the whole series a few months ago so I could watch them all over again!! I am a big fan and would love to see the sequel… As long as they keep Danielle fishel, Ben savage and rider strong as the actors, I like the idea of Shawn being Corey’s neighbor as mentioned by someone else and I also think there should be some sort of pheeny character … This is a great idea and I am 100% behind it!!!! Hope to see it soon!

Comment by Lindsey – November 26, 2012 03:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mr. Feeney needs to be in this somehow. And of course Shawn. PRETTY PRETTY PLEASE!!

Comment by amberjabber – November 26, 2012 04:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think it could be a good show since “Boy Meets World” creator and executive producer Michael Jacobs is the one developing the pilot.

Comment by jeremyhsh – November 26, 2012 04:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Michael Jacobs needs to keep the heart and morals involved. Real talent with real feelings, not anything like Disney has now. Take us back. I am 18 and remember learning life lessons from my childhood. I was really young, and still watch reruns. I love this show. I would like to see Mr. Turner or Eric take on the Feeny role! Maybe even Minkus make an appearance or has a recurring role. I would love that. But if the child wants to be famous, or ‘overact’ like a lot of Disney shows, I am voting no.

Comment by Whitney – November 26, 2012 06:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Did anyone notice one of the ideas have Mr turner be the neighbor BUT MR TURNER DIED IN BOY MEETS WORLD

Comment by Jennifer – November 26, 2012 08:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No he didn’t. He got in a motorcycle accident but didn’t die. In fact in one of the senior year episodes they see Minkus and he runs after Mr. Turner in an area of the high school that they refuse to go into.

Comment by Chris – November 27, 2012 07:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • FEENEY could really use a job since they killed him off on Grey’s Anatomy….

Comment by Jeremy – November 26, 2012 09:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mia – Eric and Jack gay?! Keep your damn progressive political sticky fingers off of a classic. If this show makes any “bold moves” it should be the boldest of moves by actually creating a show with traditional family values again like the original or Family Matters. It’s opinions like that that make television basically unwatchable these days.

Comment by Thor – November 27, 2012 12:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The moment I found out I cried. Literally tears came out of my eyes. This has been the best news since…. Ever.

But seriously, now that I’ve read other people’s comments I’m a little scared.

WHAT IF THEY RUIN THIS? I want to watch a REAL reprise of Boy Meets World… Not some Hannah Montana/Suite LIfe of Zack and Cody show (not that I have anything against those shows, they’re just not want I expect Girl Meets World to be)

Please, please, please do not mess this up. The world loves Cory and Topanga. And so do I. <3

Comment by Erica So – November 27, 2012 10:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Guess I am late to the I get it but hope they dont ruin it like every other show that is on Disney right now. Hopefully the make a new Step-by-Step, Family Matters, and whatever was the fourth show on the TGIF line up. Maybe they could do a Perfect Strangers remake after.

Comment by Joe – November 27, 2012 11:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sabrina the teenage witch was the 4th show.

Comment by Jessica Hendrix – November 28, 2012 03:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OH MY GOSH!!! I have been waiting my WHOLE life for this. I can’t wait for GMW! I really hope disney doesn’t screw it up. C+T <3

I have so many ideas on plot points I don't know where to begin!

Comment by Jessica Hendrix – November 28, 2012 03:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post