Exclusive: Ben and Kate Recruits Jane Seymour as BJ's 'Sexy' Mom — Plus a Sunny Star Stops By

Get More: Casting News, Exclusive

Jane SeymourBen and Kate‘s wild bartender BJ might want to cool it on the shots for a while, because her mum is coming to town.

Jane Seymour will guest-star on the Fox comedy as the mother of Lucy Punch’s character, TVLine has learned exclusively.

PHOTOS | New Girl Pics: Carla Gugino Is 50 Shades of Sexy

Mom Wendy, a sexy, middle-class Brit with plenty of affectations and bourgeois attitudes, will discover that her daughter is keeping some secrets from her.

While known as Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman‘s titular frontier doc, Seymour recently has shown off her range with TV gigs on Franklin & Bash, Castle, How I Met Your Mother and Smallville.

Additionally, David Hornsby (It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, How to Be a Gentleman) will appear in the same installment as a wealthy entrepreneur whose fortune is built on an idea his former friend Ben (Nat Faxon) sold him for peanuts.

The episode is tentatively slated to air in early 2013.

Comments (9)

• this show needs to do better in the ratings. it’s a decent show and lucy punch should be considered for a supporting actress emmy next year, she’s doing a fantastic job.

Comment by Howdy – November 5, 2012 12:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree… This show is underrated. It’s far superior to the god-awful Mindy Project. I could barely make it through an episode of that. I feel like this show has great characters who have great chemistry between them.

Comment by Brian – November 5, 2012 02:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I stopped watching Mindy but I love this show! The entire cast is fantastic, and this casting rocks. Call me… kitty cat!!! Jane is hilarious in comedy.

Comment by Danielle H. – November 5, 2012 04:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m so with you. I wanted to like The Mindy Project but as you said, it just turned out god-awful. I love Ben and Kate.

Comment by CJ – November 5, 2012 04:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOVE her!!

Comment by Liz – November 5, 2012 03:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Call me Kitty Cat!!

Comment by Shaun – November 5, 2012 11:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jane needs to have her own series again. Love her, she is a classy woman not to mention one amazing and dynamic actress.

Comment by Jake – November 6, 2012 06:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Totally agree. I adore this show and cannot understand why ratings are poor. Probably doesnt help going up against The Voice but we need to find a way to get people to watch! I will be so upset if its cancelled!!

Comment by Joy – November 8, 2012 01:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post