Exclusive

Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on Castle, Once Upon a Time, Nashville, CSI: NY, Haven, Dallas and More!

Castle, Once Upon a Time, HavenWhat nerdy goodness does Castle have on tap? Which Once Upon a Time beauty might the captain get his hook into? Which Nashville romance is about to hit a roadblock? Is a CSI‘s secret about to come to light? Read on for answers to those questions plus teases from other shows.

I just rejoined the land of the electricity this morning after a rough coupla nights, so this week we’re just jumping into the mailbag!

Any scoop on Castle you can share? –BJ
You’re starting to see the video sneak peeks of Monday’s Comic-Con-flavored episode, and based on the interview I did today with director/Star Trek: TNG alum Jonathan Frakes, the hour will be chockablock with crowd-pleasing moments. Frakes promises to deliver Nathan Fillion (as Rick) doing an “incredible” William Shatner impression, “much more comedy” than the Season 2 Castle he helmed and all-in-all a “wonderful forum for Beckett to reveal her fangirl side.” (Said simply: There’s photographic evidence of Kate once getting her geek on as a character from the episode’s Nebula-9 show-within-a-show – and her costume just might resurface in an extremely different context before the hour is over.)

RELATED | Exclusive Castle Video: First Look at Rick and Kate’s Meta-tastic Sci-Fi Adventure

I’m absolutely loving the addition of Killian Jones (aka Captain Hook) to Once Upon a Time. Do you have scoop on what’s next for our favorite TV pirate? Any romance in the air, or is it all revenge-y stuff? –Stef
Yes, revenge is important to Hook. But I am told the eyeliner-lovin’ swashbuckler might also develop a soft spot for a certain blonde in a leather jacket.

RELATED | Once Upon a Time Hot Shots: Does Ruby Have a Thirst for Blood?

Is Mac going to tell Jo his secret on CSI: NY? –Lori
This Friday, likely prompted by Jo’s recent inquisition about his apparent aphasia, Mac tries to loop in his girlfriend Christine – with the operative word being “tries.” Nonetheless, come Nov. 9, the proud CSI will have a heart-to-heart with someone in his circle about the aftereffects of his near-death. “It is hard for him, but ultimately he does have to share it,” showrunner Pam Veasey tells us. “And then he gets recovery.” In whom do you think Mac will confide?

RELATED | CSI: NY Puts One Life to Live Vets David and Melissa Fumero to Work — Exclusive Details

I am completely in love with Nashville! Got any news on what’s ahead for Deacon and Rayna? –Hilla
Well on Rayna’s side of things, watch for Peggy (played Kimberly Williams-Paisley) – the woman from husband Teddy’s past — to cause friction and doubt in that marriage throughout November sweeps. Meanwhile, Juliette is drawn ever closer to Deacon as he helps her with her drug-addicted mom … until her publicist sets her up in a fauxmance with a Tim Tebow-type football player (played by Pretty Little Liars‘ Tilky Montgomery Jones). Ironically, that all-for-show first date takes a wild turn that could jeopardize the jock’s career.

RELATED | Nashville Recap: We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together… Until Next Week

I am curious why the Mentalist writers decides to kill Rigsby´s dad. Is it possible that Van Pelt could be there for Rigsby? –Laura
I like your train of thought, making lemonade from lemons and all. And yet… I’m hearing that is not in the cards as of now. But you can expect Van Pelt’s story to likely pick up in some shape or form after Amanda Righetti has her real-life baby this winter.

Any chance that vampire Elena will go head to head with Katherine on The Vampire Diaries? That would be awesome! –Rashad
And showrunner Julie Plec can only agree. “I think it would be a tragic missed opportunity if we didn’t get to see that,” she shares with TVLine. Alas, that’s all she was willing to say on the hot topic. If the face-off of fierce femmes does come to fruition this season, it won’t be any time terribly soon. But you gotta figure it’ll be more than worth the wait.

I was wondering if Death aka Julian Richings will return to Supernatural this season. He always puts people on their toes with his looks and voice he is the perfect Death. –Brad
Taking a page from TVD boss Julie Plec’s playbook, Supernatural showrunner Jeremy Carver had this to say about your fervent wish: “As always on our show, anything can happen.” (Hey, I’m trying here, folks!)

Any chance that fans of Haven‘s Nathan/Audrey (Naudrey) will have something to look forward to anytime soon? All this angst and moments with other people *cough* Jordan *cough* is killing us. –Aimee
Your patience, it seems, will be rewarded. “Audrey has been pushing Nathan away to protect him from her own fate,” EP Jim Dunn notes. “But very soon, Audrey will confront a tragedy that makes her realize just how deep her feelings for Nathan really are.” In other news, I have nailed down Laura Vandervoort’s Haven visit: The Smallville alum will appear in the final two episodes of the season, airing Friday, December 14 and Friday, December 21.

Can you give some Dallas Season 2 spoilers, please? –Allyson
In addition to this casting (24 alum!), this one (yo, Angela!) and these two (GarLene!), I have lassoed one small detail: A total of four weeks will have passed for the Southfork faithful when Season 2 picks up on Jan. 28, 2013.

If there’s a show you’d like the Inside Line on, email mattmtvguy@gmail.com, and maybe it’ll get some love the next time around! (Additional reporting by Meg Masters)

1. SirWazza says:

I think that Mac will confide in Sid with him being a ME an all.Sid’s the closet person you could get about talking about death or Hawkes as well being a former ME

• I agree. I really see Sid as someone mac could turn to. And Hawkes, more than former ME was a surgeon. So he would understand those things in a different way than anyone. Hawkes really makes sense… and I would be surprised if Hawkes had already picked up on those things as a doctor.

• Beth says:

I thought maybe Danny because of his time in the wheelchair where he lied to Lindsay about how severe it was. Maybe Danny could relate but Sid is also a good choice. Either way he owes Jo a big apology!

• sarah says:

I think it will be Don or Lindsay that Mac will confide in. He and Don are close BUT he was confiding a bit last week to Lindsay about the case they had last week.

2. Forwarddad says:

Glad you are back from the land of dark. Missed your snarkiness :-). Hope Slezak is ok? Haven’t heard from on re: XFactor recap and Tweets. Wish him well and all you Ny/NJ residents.

3. AnnafromNorway says:

I don’t care, give me a reason to start watching General Hospital again. When is Tyler Christopher and Natalia Livingston returning?? I want Nikolas and Emily (NOT REBECCA) back! Favorite couple ever. Isn’t Constance Towers returning as Helena? Perfect time to resurrect Emily. + another Quartermaine? WIN WIN.

4. Claire says:

I’m from Canada, so I need SOAP SCOOP. On todays episode of The Young And The Restless, Victoria got kidnapped. What’s going to happen? Amelia Heinle is gonna rock this storyline. Love Billy & Victoria.

5. I hope whoever Mac loops in is someone who really knows him, and has been around a long time. His team has seen his private, loner side before, long before Jo showed up. It would be nice if he could pic up the phone and call Stella. She’d been his partner for so long. Or Danny or Don who both went through dark struggles. I just don’t buy that with all the people in his life he would turn to Jo. In fact, in the finale last year, the most enlightening conversation he had with anyone was with Don. Of course, it would also be interesting for him to turn to Sid, who might understand a different side of it.

6. Mikaylah says:

I would love to see Death make a reappearance on Supernatural. He is one of my favorite recurring characters.

7. rachel says:

Hook and emma? How on earth emma allow hook near henry? That just sick!! For one night buddy, he’s ok (look at him? Who can resist?) But if she really date him, I prefer henry go back with regina

8. luli says:

I love the idea of hook and emma!!!! Hjope this happens soon and that they go back together to storybrooke

• Jen says:

Why? He probably will mess up her relationship with henry and that is the worse thing that could happen to her

• Templar says:

I hope nothing happens between Hook and Emma. For being a street smart survivor, she’s not the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to men.

• jennifer says:

I start to really worried with once upon a time, why they keep making unhealthy relationship, rumple/belle now hook/emma
      a bad romance disguise as fairy tale love, that’s really disturbing!

• rose says:

Totally agree… I thought August would have been great for both Emma and August…. I would have wanted to see their relationship grow… Hell I expected to see that happen but apparently the writers think otherwise… So disappointing…

• rose says:

still me******* I don’t agree about the Rumple/Belle part… I kinda like them… but I want to see their story grow as well as Emma and August’s story….

• Templar says:

I’d rather see Emma with Jefferson. He’s street smart, has a child around Henry’s age, is “real” as opposed to August, and has magic which August does not.

• Ouat says:

No hook and emma rumple/belle just perfect

• zaza says:

Mitovich says Hook develops a soft spot for Emma. He didn’t say she returned the feelings. So all this worry about a relationship and how it will affect Henry may be completely needless.

9. Mari says:

“and her costume just might resurface in an extremely different context before the hour is over.”

what do you mean by that?! uh can’t wait!

10. Lily says:

I don’t want Deacon to be with Juliette, ugh this relationship creeps me out, he could be her dad.

And I’m not happy about Hook being with Emma, I want her with August and him… well, I don’t know maybe Aurora, but not with Emma…

11. Percysowner says:

Hook and Emma would trouble me, especially because Hook has already been shown to lean on the side of dump your kid and come with me as opposed to taking on a child with their mother.

• tp says:

We don’t know if Hook told Milah to leave her kid or if it was her choice to do so.

• xav says:

Well, Henry isn’t Emma’s so I guess it doesn’t matter.

• jen says:

would really bother me. ok. he’s super hot looking on the outside but he knows it. ugh. and whether or not milah left on her own free will doesn’t matter.. hook broke up a family…little bae was motherless.worse,hook kicked an already bummed out rumple to the curb and laughed at him. loved it when the hand came off. too bad it wasn’t something else. share snow’s opinion of that guy.

12. Sara says:

Hook and Emma? Didn’t see that coming…So if Bae turns out to be Henry’s father then Hook stole Henry’s grandmother and is making a move on his mother as well as trying to kill his grandfather. Imagine how messed up their family reunion would be??

• Templar says:

Yeah that would be much worse than his grandfather killing his grandmother, and his stepmother committing patricide. What are you using for a yardstick?

13. Rita says:

Humm Hook and Emma…

14. Jen says:

Ewwwww, hook and emma?!! No!! I prefer graham back as Frankenstein’s creature and date her or maybe august, where is he? No news about him?

15. ollie says:

glad ur power is back on. hopefully everbody else will be get theirs back on sooner than later.

16. nate says:

Is it possible that when Hook comes to storybrooke he won’t necessarily be a “bad” guy?

• rachel says:

That’s probably the worse thing ever! He will be so boring, even regina bored lately (even though lana parrilla really amazing last eps!!!)
      Beside he’s hook! If he act like puppy in love than he’s not hook

17. Lori says:

I loved Hook and Emma’s first meeting as much as Emma and Jefferson. Can’t wait to see more. I miss Graham, but Emma has great chemistry with Hook and Jefferson. I love those bad buys.

• emma says:

Sure, ship her with the guy who kidnap her who also the same guy who help regina try to poison her or the guy who famous for try to kill boys, it’s fairy tales love indeed *rolling eyes*

• rose says:

August is the only right guy for her… and we already saw that he bonded a lot with Henry too… not to mention that August is meant to be Emma’s PROTECTOR… Really guys, how do you not see all the potential for an awesome romance here… eww Hook and Emma is just sad… and I think the same about Jefferson and Emma… firsts he kidnaps her and than HE ALSO HELPS THE QUEEN GET RID OF HER WITH THAT APPLE…. she doesn’t need a bad guy… she needs someone to be a positive element in her life… someone to take care of her even if she doesn’t need him to!!!

• Michelle says:

I think you’re forgetting that August ABANDONED her as a baby to go off and have fun. Sure, he’s Mr. Reliable!

• Ruby is awesome says:

omg you all fight like you are in the glee fandom. I thought the OUAT fandom was better than that.

• jen says:

august was 7y/o. left to be a street kid. some (not) fun. ruby left granny because the responsibility was overwhelming but she came back. august seemed more bestfriend. wouldn’t he have bought emma more than just cocoa if truly interested.just glad he’s back.

18. Thanks for the Haven scoop! I cannot wait for the angst to be over.

• Lady K says:

I so totally am not behind Audrey and Nathan on Haven…her chemistry is so much better with Duke! I watch Haven for Duke and Audrey especially Duke’s running commentary on whatever “trouble” they are dealing with at the time. If they end up going down the Audrey and Nathan road, I will take the other road and find something better to do with my time.

• Melissa says:

So glad to know I am not the only one. I love Audrey and Duke, they have great chemistry!

• Gerry says:

No, Nathan and Audrey, not even a question, Duke is no the guy.

• Ty says:

You are not alone. Nathan has these mood swings where he just becomes totally unbearable. Season three seems to be an ongoing mood swing. I love Duke. He’s one of the most interesting characters on tv. I love when Audrey and Duke have scene together. Almost always going to be entertaining.

• whimsical says:

Agreed. Audrey and Nathan have less than zero chemistry- they have BROTHER AND SISTER vibes pouring off of them in waves. Audrey has tremendous chemistry with Duke, and frankly, before Jordan, I would’ve said that Nathan had zero chemistry with anyone.

Introducing Jordan has actually made Nathan interesting- Audrey/Duke and Nathan/Jordan are the way to go here, I think.

• suzieque says:

EWWWWWWWWWWW – Audrey and Duke – yuk yuk yuk!! Audrey needs to snap outta it,
        and realize how much she really cares for Nathan, and how much he cares for her. Duke is
        just an annoying stumbling block on this show. Speaking of, what’s the deal with him always tagging along with Audrey while she is supposed to be doing police work????! He is, at best,
        a bar & grill owner, and at worse, a small time smuggler. Sometimes I think the writers for this
        show have lost their minds!!!

19. Ryan says:

How are ratings looking for Haven? Worthy of another season?

20. Lisa says:

I can’t wait for Castle on Monday. It looks like such a fun episode. This season has been five episodes of win, I would bet they go six for six!

• cmaglaughlin says:

“Castle” is knocking it out of the park. How can a “veteran” show get better and better with each passing week! Nov. 12th’s should win an Emmy! How much more creative can they get! Get me somma’ dat’ weed!

21. Mike says:

What’s with all the outrage with Hook and Emma its not anymore outrageous than Belle loving Rumple, this smart and noble women loving the dark one, I would understand if he gave up magic but he hasn’t. I don’t hate Hook and Emma, since I never liked August. So I’m interested to see how this happens. Give it a chance.

• emma says:

Belle doesn’t have a kid! Beside gold love his family, even though he’s a really mess up guy, he still a family man, hook on the other have a problem with family, he either break them or (in fairy tale story) he try to kill their children

• Mike says:

So Gold stealing Belle away from her family, stealing someone’s baby( even though Emma stopped that), killing his own wife is ok in your book since he is a messed up guy. Whose to say Hook doesn’t have a messed up beginning. I love Rumple as much as the next guy but I don’t see how anyone can justify Rumbelle and say Hook and Emma is out of the question. I don’t honesty think Henry can be anymore messed up, his Step mom vowed to put a cure on a whole land over a broken promise snow made at 9, and had his great grandfather killed, tried to have his grandparents killed and tried to poison his mom. And now his grandfather on his other side may be the dark one. Trust me I’m pretty sure Henry should already be pretty messed up.

• janie says:

I’m not sure I’d classify Belle as “smart”. Good-natured, pathologically optimistic and a bit thick is closer to the mark. Still, she likes books, so if in that library she manages to find and read “how to convince yourself that a psychopathic murderer is not good boyfriend material (before he slaughters you too)” there might be some hope for her.

• Mike says:

I agree, it’s not that I even want Hook and Emma together, I just don’t like that the fans are all like never with Hook and Emma, but want Rumbelle more than anything. I’m hoping Belle will get smarter but for now will have to wait.

• xav says:

HA! We can only hope.

22. april-ann says:

I can do without the cheese on Castle. I actually really like the way “THE relationship” is playing out. Rather than the usual willtheyorwon’tthey, it was about them not being able to find the opportunity to get together! That was fun, and so too was (is?) the storyline of their trying to keep it under wraps (pun intended). This past week was a little cheesy (but it WAS Hallowe’en, so that’s kind of okay), but this coming ep sounds overly so for my taste. Scifi or comic con fans may approve but as for me? Pass the cheesies please, because I will need them to throw at my screen.

• Sellina says:

“and her costume just might resurface in an extremely different context before the hour is over”
      i can imagine kinky things with her costume in the end of the episode.. and i bet i’ll be right xD

23. giftofamber says:

How many frogs does Emma have to kiss before she figures out Regina is her true love? *sigh* #OnceUponATime

24. Isaac says:

As much as it wouldn’t be a healthy relationship, I still wanted Hook and Emma to be explored as soon as I saw the tied-to-a-tree scene.

25. Ace says:

Thanks for the scoop, Matt! And I’m glad your power’s back on! (-:

26. Russ says:

I don’t want Elena and Katherine to face off, I want them to join forces and paint the town red.

27. Anna says:

I think Hook and Emma could be great. If something happens between her and Hook it won’t be the same lopsided dynamic that Rumple and Belle have. Emma isn’t weak. She can take care of herself and Henry. I could see her taking advantage of him just as much I could of him. Which, I think could make for a really interesting dynamic between the two. And I would LOVE to see how Charming and Snow react to Emma and Hook.

28. jennifer says:

I really worried with once upon a time, they keep making unhealthy relationship, rumple/belle now hook/emma
    A bad romance disguise as fairy tale love! That just disturbing!

29. TayMads says:

No where in this article is it implied that Hook and Emma will end up dating. It just says he will have a soft spot for her. That doesn’t mean it will be reciporcated. Geesh. Calm down. We don’t know what will happen yet. They could just end up being friends or he could end up liking her but she doesn’t return his feelings. Can’t we just wait until the episode airs before jumping to conclusions? Lol

30. YOU LIED! says:

Wait so no news about peter pan? And hook became emma’s love interest instead a villain? Oh god, they trick us!! He’s not hook! He just a pretty pirate who happen to wear a hook! LAME, give us the real HOOK! I want a real villain!

31. Rhylee says:

Thanks for the CSINY scoop.

32. grace says:

Can’t wait for monday! (castle. of course)

33. Celina says:

Thanks for the CSINY and The Mentalist scoop!

34. J says:

You have to respect the TVD writers for withholding Katherine, because you know it’s just story-discipline…lord knows they can get the actress for Katherine whenever they want! ;)

35. I like to think he would confide in Christine first, but, somehow I think it will be Flack or Sid. Really do like this story line and I like the “Days Off” story lines also.

36. Carrie says:

About time us Naudrey fans get some good news .Looking forward to the coming episodes of Haven . :) NAUDREY <3

37. rose says:

Where’s August??? August and Emma are freaking meant to be.. they are perfect for each other. Plus August was awesome with Henry last year… with Emma they’d make such a sweet and great family!

• Templar says:

I couldn’t disagree more strenuously. August isn’t real. And the writers have described his and Emma’s relationship as like siblings. IMO she should make a life with Henry, Jefferson and his daughter. Much easier to build a familial relationship with common ground and the two kids being in the same boat.

38. Sam says:

Duke is a scumbag. He needs to go away to prison for a long time. Nathan and Audrey have incredible chemistry.

39. nick1372 says:

NO! No Hook & Emma please!

40. jona says:

Yes, let’s bring Katherine back so she can kill Elena. :)

41. GeneralRapunzel says:

Thanks for the “Haven” info! As a Naudrey shipper, I’m pleased. But more than that, whomever she chooses, I just hope they don’t draw out the triangle too long. Maybe we’ll get to see Nathan smile again. ;-)

As for Duke…. Duke has some great lines and he’s usually always there for Audrey. But Audrey is law and order, help people out kind of girl. Duke has a soft spot for kids and Audrey and to an extent Nathan, but Nathan’s the guy who’s out to help the rest of the townspeople, like Audrey. So they’re a better match. If Audrey gets more than those 20 remaining days, of course.

42. Maggie Ames says:

I don’t like Deacon and Juliette at all. Why can’t he be with Rayna?? I know she doesn’t love her husband. We all know she’s still in love with Deacon. Keep him away from Juliette…

43. Gigi says:

I miss [H]OUSE. I am now watching CHICAGO FIRE and REVOLUTION along with THE WALKING DEAD and CSI:N.Y. GREAT writing this season on CSI:N.Y. I first thought Jo, but now maybe not since no one agrees with me.

44. Maria says:

I enjoyed the Castle ep, but it did not excite me as the ep5 ep. I love the fun and humor, but I don’t like things to over the top. I like things to stay “within character” an I think this was a litte bit OOC for Beckett. It was a good ep but definitely not (it’s up there with the Elvis ep) one of my favorites. I want to see fun, but I like badass Beckett most so I hope we’ll have more ep like ep5 in the works.

45. Sarah says:

I hope to see a lot of Hook and Emma. Complicate his character and let’em hook up!

46. Josh says:

Any word on Mockingbird Lane getting picked up or not?

47. home says:

I feel this is one of the most vital information
    for me. And i am happy studying your article.
    But want to remark on few common issues, The web site
    taste is ideal, the articles is in reality nice :
    D. Good job, cheers

48. cmaglaughlin says:

Why did I get this blurb in my email inbox today when I already commented on it way back in Nov. ? It’s mid- February!!!!!!!