TVLine Items: Anne Hathaway, Jeremy Renner to Host SNL, Breakout Alum to Graceland and More

Saturday Night Live Season 38 SpoilersAnne Hathaway and Jeremy Renner are bringing their big-screen skills to Saturday Night Live this November.

First up is the Dark Knight Rises star, who will host NBC’s late-night staple for a third time on Nov. 10. Songstress Rihanna is set to appear in the same installment, marking her fourth go-round as musical guest.

RELATED | Saturday Night Live First Look: Host Louis C.K. Tackles Hurricane Sandy in New Promo

Bourne Legacy‘s Renner, meanwhile, has been tapped to make his hosting debut on Nov. 17 alongside musical act Maroon 5.

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

Breakout KingsSerinda Swan has joined USA’s upcoming drama Graceland, EW.com reports. From White Collar creator Jeff Eastin, the series stars Daniel Sunjata (Rescue Me), Aaron Tveit (Gossip Girl), Manny Montana (The Chicago Code), Vanessa Ferlito (CSI:NY) and Brandon Jay McLaren (The Killing) as various undercover law enforcement agents living together in Southern California. Swan will play a hard-drinking DEA agent.

RELATED | USA Network Sets Return Dates for Suits, White Collar and Necessary Roughness

• Revolution has cast ER’s Lelan Orser and Sons of Anarchy‘s Patrick St. Espirit in two potentially recurring roles. Per EW.com, St. Espirit joins as a leader in the rebellion against General Monroe, while Orser will portray a weapon-building scientist.

• Monique Gabriela Curnen (Lie to Me) has booked a recurring role on The Mentalist, EW.com reports, playing an agent in CBI’s gang division.

• Style Network has renewed Jerseylicious for a 14-episode fifth season.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

Comments (12)

• Jeremy Renner. Mmmmmm.

Comment by Renee – October 31, 2012 11:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hosting SNL three times before your 30th birthday – not too shabby, Anne Hathaway…

Comment by wordsmith – October 31, 2012 12:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Anne Hathaway is always superb when she hosts SNL. Her SNL impressions of the STD spreading Mary Poppins and Katie Holmes are absolutely hilarious and unforgettable.

Comment by speakerboxx – October 31, 2012 12:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Renner hosting SNL in November…well happy birthday to me! Can’t wait to see him, I just hope they give him some good material to work with.

Comment by Maria – October 31, 2012 12:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I guess I’m the only one who can’t stand anne hathaway, her scenes totally took me out of the dark knight rises

Comment by leah – October 31, 2012 12:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You are not alone. Anne Hathaway is the worst.

Comment by Bebe – October 31, 2012 12:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I absolutely adored her portrayal of cat woman. I thought it was so fun and every scene she was in was great. Same with Joseph Gordon Levitt’s character in the movie. I thought the movie slowed down whenever it was just batman.

Comment by Mark – October 31, 2012 02:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love haters. Anne was wonderful as Selina Kyle- and she has the critical-acclaim to back-up her performance. Even Jonathan Nolan ( Chris Nolan’s brother and co-screenwriter) stated Hathaway stole the show in TDKR. Also, Anne’s brilliant impression of Katie Holmes is one of my all-time favorite skits on SNL.

Comment by pmerger – October 31, 2012 10:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES! to Jeremy Renner, I think he’s going to do great. And yes to Maroon 5 too I hope they appear in a few skits.
    As for Anne Hathaway, I say, “noooOO!” Honestly, I can’t remember a single skit of hers off the top of my head, and I’m not sure if her fan base and SNL viewers really line up all that well… Now that I think about it, I’m not even sure how to actually define her fan base!

Comment by Jane – October 31, 2012 01:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Go to the SNL website, and search for Mary Poppins, Katie Holmes, Mega Mart Commercial. Anne is one of the best SNL hosts. Their is reason why the SNL producers repeatedly ask her to host SNL.

Comment by speakerboxx – October 31, 2012 10:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jen Lawrence would be nice, me thinks…

Comment by ck – October 31, 2012 03:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post