Exclusive: Glee's Jayma Mays Joins FX's The League For Multi-Episode Arc

Get More: Casting News, Exclusive

Jayma Mays The LeagueWas that rough patch Will and Emma recently hit on Glee worse than we thought?

Jayma Mays is joining FX’s The League for a multi-episode arc, TVLine has learned exclusively.

PHOTOS | Glee First Look: Mike and Mercedes Return!

Little is know about Mays’s character, except that she’s an interior decorator and will appear in two episodes of the underrated comedy’s current fourth season.

What impact will this new gig have on Mays’ day job — and, specifically, the rocky ‘ship that is “Wemma?” Not much, according to sources. The actress, who was bumped to recurring status on Glee this season, will continue to guest star on the Fox hit.

Comments (20)

• I’d like to see her as a romantic interest for Andre!

Comment by G$ – October 31, 2012 12:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought it was well know that Jayma has been downgraded to guest star on glee. So is Dianna Agron they are no longer regulars and can move on.

Comment by Katy – October 31, 2012 12:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I thought most of (if not all) the cast were still being credited as “regulars” this season, even if they weren’t appearing very often. I think those who are barely on can due other projects.

Of course, since The League is on FX and Glee is on FOX I’m sure it was easier to come to an agreement for her to do both shows.

Comment by George – October 31, 2012 12:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jayma and Dianna are the two who are credited as “special guest stars” the rest of the cast is considered regulars but no they don’t appear in every episode.

Comment by katie_kindle@hotmail.com – October 31, 2012 12:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Two episodes is a “multi-episode” arc now? Three minimum to be considered multi-episode.

Comment by Jon – October 31, 2012 12:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not to be too snarky, but “multi” means more than one. So, he’s right that she’s appearing in a multi-episode arc. My problem would be more with the use of “arc”- it can’t really be much of a path if it’s only two episodes. It’s pretty much introduction/departure.

Comment by maltru – October 31, 2012 12:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just wish they would bring back Brie Larson to play Raffie’s girlfriend again.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – October 31, 2012 01:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wemma isn’t a “rocky” couple. And I doubt she was demoted. It was probably her choice.

Comment by Michelle – October 31, 2012 01:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well I mean shes barely been in half the episodes of a glee season in the past. So they probably just thought itd be the best choice for the actress. This way shes not 100% tied down.

Comment by Jerm – October 31, 2012 02:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What are you talking about she has only missed barely any episodes last year. She was in 18 out of the 22 and this season she is confirmed for every episode aside from 7 so she hs appeared in 8 out of the 10 episodes.

Comment by Jane – October 31, 2012 02:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jayma seems so unappreciated over at Glee. This season so far she barely has a storyline and basically says one or two lines..smiles and looks pretty. She is SO MUCH better than that. Glad to see her moving on to a series where can be beneficial to the series.

Comment by jojo – October 31, 2012 02:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She’s guest starring for 2 episodes, she’s not moving on. She’s a recurring regular on Glee.

Comment by Jane – October 31, 2012 02:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • and it’s not like this will effect her work on Glee. They will just work through her schedule. Emma’s in every episode that’s coming up aside from 7.

Comment by Jane – October 31, 2012 02:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nice to get an inside scoop on The League. That doesn’t happen too often

Comment by Ram510 – October 31, 2012 03:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glee has gone down the tubes and Jayma is too good for that show. Also it was her choice to be a guest star and I’m proud of her. I don’t even watch the show anymore and just download Emma/wemma scenes thanks to a friend who has a device where she doesn’t have to download the whole stupid show. I honestly hope glee ends after this season.

Comment by Kristyn – October 31, 2012 05:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Congra Jayma!!

Comment by j – October 31, 2012 11:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She is a lovely actress and I personally think it’s time for her to move on. For me Glee totally lost it after Season 1.

Comment by Cassy – November 1, 2012 05:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glad to see Jayma’s talent in other projects! :) Happy for her!

Comment by Ina – November 1, 2012 06:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why shouldn’t she be able to do other projects while still being on Glee. It’s not like she is only contracted to just be on Glee. They let the stars do other projects besides the show. As long as it doesn’t interrupt Glee’s filming schedule, what is the big deal?

Comment by Kay – November 1, 2012 08:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Honestly I only watch Glee for ‘wemma’ anymore. I like the show don’t get me wrong but I have to agree that after season 1 it has changed a lot and, in my opinion, not for the better. Well, all except for wemma… that did get better. :-)

Comment by Madi – December 23, 2012 07:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post