Chicago Fire Scoop: Fairly Legal's Sarah Shahi Joins Cast as Love Interest For [Spoiler]

Get More: Casting News

Sarah Shahi Chicago FireChicago Fire is giving Taylor Kinney a fairly stunning new girlfriend.

Fairly Legal‘s Sarah Shahi is joining NBC’s freshman drama as Renee Royce, a successful business woman and love interest for Kinney’s Lt. Kelly Severide.

RELATED | NBC Orders More Chicago Fire Episodes — But There’s a Catch

Shahi, who is slated to appear in roughly six episodes, has plays mediator Kate Reed on USA Network’s Fairly Legal. The cabler has not yet renewed the series for a third season.

Chicago Fire airs Wednesdays at 10/9c.

Comments (30)

• Didn’t know Fairly Legal was officially canceled…must have missed the article on that one.

Comment by Alex – October 30, 2012 07:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me too :(

Comment by Taryn – October 30, 2012 07:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s not officially cancelled yet. It just has not been renewed (though a renewal doesn’t seem promising).

Comment by anon – October 30, 2012 07:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The article originally said that it was canceled but then it was edited, so my original comment looks dumb. But in any case, renewal seems unlikely.

Comment by Alex – October 30, 2012 07:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Fairly Legal is a summer show on cable that films episodes at an entirely different time than a network show. There could be some overlap but she could do both considering she is not a series regular on this show. Nothing has officially been said about Fairly Legal.

Comment by Chuck Finley (AJ) – October 30, 2012 07:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • bummer, i really liked Fairly Legal. Loved Sarah Shahi since The L Word.. i guess i wouldn’t mind watching her & Taylor :)

Comment by rebecca – October 30, 2012 07:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I guess that means there is no S3 of Fairly Legal. Not surprised. I watched S1 and could not get into S2 when they brought in that awful Ben character. It was horrible. I couldn’t watch anymore. Hope she has better chemistry with Kinney. Good to see her back.

Comment by Ana – October 30, 2012 07:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No it doesn’t mean that at all.

Comment by Chuck Finley (AJ) – October 30, 2012 07:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • See, I thought Ben was the only tolerable thing about the show.

Comment by Lola – October 31, 2012 08:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Urggh. When I hoped Sarah Shahi would get a better show after Fairly Legal, this wasn’t what I had in mind. Oh well. I still miss Life though – that was a good show.

Comment by JC – October 30, 2012 07:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • “I still miss Life though – that was a good show.”

Ditto! Although, if Life hadn’t been canceled, Homeland might not be as spectacular as it is.

Comment by Alichat – October 30, 2012 07:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I like Homeland and really love the cast on that show (Mandy, Claire and Damian Lewis on the same show?!) but I have to say I think Life was better. Well, the first season was. I thought Damian Lewis’s character had more room to grow on that show and I thought his chemistry with Sarah was amazing.

Comment by Laura – October 31, 2012 06:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ahhhh, Life… one of the best shows ever.

Comment by TV Lover – October 31, 2012 04:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I can’t believe how many people I see mentioning Life and how much they loved it. I thought I was the only person in the world watching that show (especially after it got cancelled, haha). Show was awesome and both Sarah and Damian were excellent. Really excited to see Sarah get a role on Chicago Fire. It’s one of my favorites of the new shoes, and I’m SO glad Severide’s character is not going to be hooked up with that daughter of the chief’s friend. I’m not a fan of hers, though maybe that’s because I didn’t like her character on Political Animals.

Comment by Katherine215 – October 31, 2012 07:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have read some articles just after this one (regarding Fairly Legal’s fate) and it hasn’t been canceled yet or at least there’s no official word about it (50-50). However if Sarah Shahi is joining Chicago Fire and months ago it was anounced that Michael Trucco would guest star in some episodes of HYMYM, I find unlikely that FL returns. It’s a shame because I love the show. It’s all USA’s fault for airing the show on Fridays.

Comment by Nerdbot – October 30, 2012 07:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t think it’s USA’s fault. For many seasons of Monk, it was aired on Fridays. It lasted 8 seasons. Psych’s first four seasons were aired on Friday. It’s going to be on it’s 7th.

Comment by Blake – October 30, 2012 09:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Didn’t know Fairly Legal was officially canceled… I’m sad :(

Comment by omar – October 30, 2012 07:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So for the third time, Fairly Legal is a summer show on a cable network. It films on an entirely different schedule than a network show. The actors on that show appearing on a few episodes of a network show IN NO WAY means that the show they are recurring on has been cancelled. Why people think these actors only work on one show at a time is beyond me.

Comment by Chuck Finley (AJ) – October 30, 2012 07:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The article originally- and incorrectly- stated the show had been cancelled, hence all the remarks.

Comment by Valery – October 30, 2012 09:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I know that, and the majority of the remarks were made after it was already corrected.

Comment by Chuck Finley (AJ) – October 30, 2012 09:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • This isn’t an example (because Chicago Fire and Fairly Legal are both owned by the same company), but there are many instances where networks won’t let their stars guest on another network. So it could be plausible that one actor couldn’t be on two shows at the same time.

Comment by Anonymous – October 31, 2012 11:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • so now i have to watch Chicago Fire, darn you Sarah

Comment by Joe – October 30, 2012 10:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hmmm. Renee Royce. Good name. :-)

Comment by Renee – October 31, 2012 05:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bummer I was really hoping that severide and shay would actually get together they have great chemistry together and one reason I watch the show.

Comment by Paula – October 31, 2012 09:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You know she’s a lesbian, right?

Comment by Katherine215 – October 31, 2012 09:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You know she’s married to a guy, right??

Comment by Dennis – October 31, 2012 10:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • We’re talking about on the show. Lauren German’s character, Leslie Shay, is a lesbian. She’s not hooking up with Severide unless they suddenly make her bisexual.

Comment by Katherine215 – October 31, 2012 12:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • That’s Shiri Appleby.

Comment by Ddog – November 25, 2012 03:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fairly Legal definitely needs to come back. That’s all there is to it.

Comment by Kassel – October 31, 2012 02:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m bummed, I wanted to see what would happen between Severide & Peter Mill’s sister. she seemed very sweet and wholesome in comparison to the rest of his world

Comment by Ashley Moe – November 21, 2012 10:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post