Chicago Fire Scoop: Fairly Legal's Sarah Shahi Joins Cast as Love Interest For [Spoiler]

Sarah Shahi Chicago FireChicago Fire is giving Taylor Kinney a fairly stunning new girlfriend.

Fairly Legal‘s Sarah Shahi is joining NBC’s freshman drama as Renee Royce, a successful business woman and love interest for Kinney’s Lt. Kelly Severide.

RELATED | NBC Orders More Chicago Fire Episodes — But There’s a Catch

Shahi, who is slated to appear in roughly six episodes, has plays mediator Kate Reed on USA Network’s Fairly Legal. The cabler has not yet renewed the series for a third season.

Chicago Fire airs Wednesdays at 10/9c.

1. Alex says:

Didn’t know Fairly Legal was officially canceled…must have missed the article on that one.

• Taryn says:

Me too :(

• anon says:

It’s not officially cancelled yet. It just has not been renewed (though a renewal doesn’t seem promising).

• Alex says:

The article originally said that it was canceled but then it was edited, so my original comment looks dumb. But in any case, renewal seems unlikely.

• Chuck Finley (AJ) says:

Fairly Legal is a summer show on cable that films episodes at an entirely different time than a network show. There could be some overlap but she could do both considering she is not a series regular on this show. Nothing has officially been said about Fairly Legal.

2. rebecca says:

bummer, i really liked Fairly Legal. Loved Sarah Shahi since The L Word.. i guess i wouldn’t mind watching her & Taylor :)

3. Ana says:

I guess that means there is no S3 of Fairly Legal. Not surprised. I watched S1 and could not get into S2 when they brought in that awful Ben character. It was horrible. I couldn’t watch anymore. Hope she has better chemistry with Kinney. Good to see her back.

4. JC says:

Urggh. When I hoped Sarah Shahi would get a better show after Fairly Legal, this wasn’t what I had in mind. Oh well. I still miss Life though – that was a good show.

• Alichat says:

“I still miss Life though – that was a good show.”

Ditto! Although, if Life hadn’t been canceled, Homeland might not be as spectacular as it is.

• Laura says:

I like Homeland and really love the cast on that show (Mandy, Claire and Damian Lewis on the same show?!) but I have to say I think Life was better. Well, the first season was. I thought Damian Lewis’s character had more room to grow on that show and I thought his chemistry with Sarah was amazing.

• TV Lover says:

Ahhhh, Life… one of the best shows ever.

• Katherine215 says:

I can’t believe how many people I see mentioning Life and how much they loved it. I thought I was the only person in the world watching that show (especially after it got cancelled, haha). Show was awesome and both Sarah and Damian were excellent. Really excited to see Sarah get a role on Chicago Fire. It’s one of my favorites of the new shoes, and I’m SO glad Severide’s character is not going to be hooked up with that daughter of the chief’s friend. I’m not a fan of hers, though maybe that’s because I didn’t like her character on Political Animals.

5. Nerdbot says:

I have read some articles just after this one (regarding Fairly Legal’s fate) and it hasn’t been canceled yet or at least there’s no official word about it (50-50). However if Sarah Shahi is joining Chicago Fire and months ago it was anounced that Michael Trucco would guest star in some episodes of HYMYM, I find unlikely that FL returns. It’s a shame because I love the show. It’s all USA’s fault for airing the show on Fridays.

• Blake says:

I don’t think it’s USA’s fault. For many seasons of Monk, it was aired on Fridays. It lasted 8 seasons. Psych’s first four seasons were aired on Friday. It’s going to be on it’s 7th.

6. omar says:

Didn’t know Fairly Legal was officially canceled… I’m sad :(

7. Chuck Finley (AJ) says:

So for the third time, Fairly Legal is a summer show on a cable network. It films on an entirely different schedule than a network show. The actors on that show appearing on a few episodes of a network show IN NO WAY means that the show they are recurring on has been cancelled. Why people think these actors only work on one show at a time is beyond me.

• Valery says:

The article originally- and incorrectly- stated the show had been cancelled, hence all the remarks.

• Chuck Finley (AJ) says:

I know that, and the majority of the remarks were made after it was already corrected.

• Anonymous says:

This isn’t an example (because Chicago Fire and Fairly Legal are both owned by the same company), but there are many instances where networks won’t let their stars guest on another network. So it could be plausible that one actor couldn’t be on two shows at the same time.

8. Joe says:

so now i have to watch Chicago Fire, darn you Sarah

9. Renee says:

Hmmm. Renee Royce. Good name. :-)

10. Paula says:

Bummer I was really hoping that severide and shay would actually get together they have great chemistry together and one reason I watch the show.

11. Kassel says:

Fairly Legal definitely needs to come back. That’s all there is to it.

12. Ashley Moe says:

I’m bummed, I wanted to see what would happen between Severide & Peter Mill’s sister. she seemed very sweet and wholesome in comparison to the rest of his world