Exclusive: Ringer's Mike Colter Joins Fox's The Following as FBI Bigwig

Get More: Casting News, Exclusive

Mike Colter The FollowingRinger‘s Mike Colter has a new alias.

The actor is joining Fox’s midseason serial killer thriller The Following in the recurring role of FBI bureaucrat Nick Donovan, TVLine has learned exclusively.

RELATED | The Following Casts Common Law Star to Play [Spoiler]

The series — from Vampire Diaries EP Kevin Williamson —revolves around a deranged serial killer by the name of Joe Carroll (James Purefoy) who creates his own cult of murderers via the wonders of technology, and the retired FBI profiler Ryan Hardy (Kevin Bacon) who is hunting him down.

Colter’s federal agent is brought in to supervise the Carroll case and, more importantly, Agent Hardy.

In addition to his one-season run on The CW’s Ringer, Colter’s TV credits include a recurring role as drug kingpin Lemond Bishop on CBS’ The Good Wife.

The Following debuts on Monday, Jan. 21 at 9/8c.

Comments (13)

• I really miss ringer.

Comment by lorna – October 29, 2012 02:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait for The Following.

Comment by DC – October 29, 2012 02:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He was really great in Ringer! This is another reason added to a long list of reasons why i’m looking forward to The Following

Comment by Zan – October 29, 2012 02:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was hoping for Jason Dohring….

Comment by BookGIrl – October 29, 2012 02:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The world would be a better place if Jason Dohring was in every single show on TV.

Comment by Zan – October 29, 2012 03:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This isn’t about him.

Comment by rme – October 29, 2012 03:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good for him, he’s a fine actor and has a commanding presence. Really enjoy his storyline on the Good Wife so I hope this casting development doesn’t mean Lemond Bishop will remain in jail.

Comment by Saint Alicia – October 29, 2012 03:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • OMG I love the Bishop storyline & he was great on Ringer, but I didn’t notice it’s the same person until your comment

Comment by Sara – October 29, 2012 05:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Don’t like him. That’s a shame.

Comment by Mark – October 29, 2012 03:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love him. His voice, he’s cute and would be a pretty good cop/agent. I think I will give The Following a chance.

Comment by tp – October 29, 2012 04:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Didn’t realize he was the same guy on Ringer; he’s so good at being evil on The Good Wife, I can’t hardly believe it was the same person who was Bridget’s buddy. I’ll watch what he is on.

Comment by Cathy – October 29, 2012 08:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Malcolm from Ringer? Wow, I really miss that show. I wish the CW would bring it back. I have no problem watching BOTH The Following and Ringer.

Comment by Kds – February 19, 2013 02:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post