Ratings: Sunday Dramas Hold Steady as Football, World Series Clincher Dominate Night

Giants Win the World Series 2012There were no major rises or falls this Sunday in the ratings, even as Sunday Night Football‘s broadcast of the Saints-Broncos game and what turned out to be the Giant’s sweep of the World Series sucked up much of the oxygen.

Leading off ABC’s night, Once Upon a Time – with 9.7 million total viewers and a 3.4 rating — ticked up a tenth in the demo. Revenge followed with 8 mil and a 2.7, dipping a tenth week-to-week. And 666 Park scared up 4.8 mil and a 1.6, also slipping a tenth.

RELATED | Once Upon a Time Recap: Alive and Kicking

RELATED | Revenge Recap: Back to Basics — For the Better

Over on CBS, The Amazing Race (9.4 mil/2.4) dipped 8 percent in the demo, and The Good Wife (9.5 mil/1.8) was down a tenth. The Mentalist‘s 100th episode drew 10.1 mil and a 1.8 — up some 20 percent from last week, which aired well past my bedtime with football delays and all. If I may trot out something more closely resembling an apple for comparison’s sake, the procedural was down 6 and 14 percent from its last normally scheduled airing.

RELATED | The New DVR Ratings Surge: Why Your Playback Habits Matter (and Why They Don’t)

Although reportable numbers for football and baseball are not yet in, NBC’s SNF appears to have led in both total audience and in the demo while the Fall Classic, well-watched pre-game coverage included, led Fox to a nightly win on both counts.

RELATED | Friday Ratings: Grimm Hits One-Year High, Nikita Drops, Mockingbird Lane Middling

What were you tuned into this Sunday night — if not The Weather Channel?

1. iMember says:

Very happy at seeing how well Once Upon a Time and especially Revenge are doing! I’m loving both of their second seasons so far. They make the perfect pair on Sunday nights. I kind of wish 666 Park Avenue was doing better, because the show has improved quite well.

• ChrisGa says:

Yeah, 666’s first couple of eps were meh at best but the last three have been great. It looks as though it’s settling in to Pan-Am style numbers at this point–and I think actually lower than what GCB was getting in that timeslot–so I’d be shocked if it lasted the whole season.

2. jen says:

Nice to see OUAT doing well, and Revenge. But my late night belongs to Dexter and Homeland. Great episodes!

3. lll says:

I agree with the above comments about OUAT and Revenge. Best combo ever!

4. mroshimaida says:

The mentalist a good filler episode(maybe whileamanda was having her baby) insights into back story & Red john history

• Alan says:

your 100th episode shouldnt be filler, it should have an important story that will affect the shows future, the fact that they did this just proves the writers dont really care about making a good show

• Jen says:

Oh I disagree!! I’ve always wondered HOW Patrick Jane came to be working for the CBI. I think the episode coulda been written better but it was a complex story for only an hour episode.

5. jasie says:

Really I think ABC needs to swap 666 and Nashville. I think Nashville is a better fit on Sunday following Revenge.

6. Natalie says:

Thanks for the ratings news, Matt.
    TGW was good last night, interesting developments on several fronts. I’m just aching for Kalinda to do what she needs to do to get rid of Nick. And were they inferring she had feelings other than friendship for Alicia? Seemed like it.

“The Mentalist” had another fantastic episode last night. The writers are just really in their groove this season and I’m loving it. I enjoyed seeing the stark contrast of who Jane was compared to who he is now, the team back in the day, and Lisbon just was amazing last night. Everything she did to help Jane… She has become my favorite female character amidst the plethora of female characters on the TV landscape. She has such strength of character, a goodness, loyalty, compassion and bravery that’s inspiring and refreshing. There’s a lot of likeable female characters out there, but she’s a rare breed. Okay, that part aside, another great thing I loved about “Red Dawn”-development on the RJ case. So much to love in this episode.
    Haven’t caught OUAT yet but it’s still on my DVR and I will eventually, but I’m glad it’s doing well.
    Thanks again. :)

7. Whatevah says:

Go SF Giants!

8. Karrie says:

So relieved that Revenge is hanging in there!!

9. Allyson says:

Well I recorded Revenge on my DVR. I love baseball season especially the World Series!! Go Giants!! What a fantastic sweep! Excellent pitching and offense!!! I am counting down to opening day of MLB 2013. It is a going to be a long offseason. I am a Braves fan first! So I will be watching Revenge off my DVR tonight.

10. Lynn says: