Did Mockingbird Lane Scare Up Your Interest?

Get More: Polls

Now that you’ve trick-or-treated on Mockingbird Lane, would you consider a longer visit?

NBC’s long-time-in-the-works Munsters reboot aired Friday night as a standalone Halloween special instead of as the series pilot it was intended to be. And we want to know what you thought: Was it scary good or frightfully bad?

First, a brief recap: Pushing DaisiesBryan Fuller was behind the hour-long drama, which introduced us to a modernized Munster family: Herman (The DefendersJerry O’Connell) and his wife Lily (Arrested Development‘s Portia de Rossi), their son Eddie (Spy Kids: All The Time in the World 4D‘s Mason Cook), cousin Marilyn (British actress Charity Wakefield) and Grandpa (The Riches‘ Eddie Izzard).

Mockingbird sure looked spiffy – we particularly liked Grandpa forming himself out of a swarm of rats and Lily’s smoky way of getting around – but we’re not sure that the ’60s-era comedy translates well to a 2012 drama. After all, part of the campy fun of the original was its schlock factor.

Enough about what we thought. NBC, Fuller and director Bryan Singer (X-Men) reportedly had different expectations for the project – but depending on how viewers respond, there’s a chance the network will move forward with the series. So grade Mockingbird Lane via the poll below, then hit the comments: Would you tune in to the new Munster family every week?

Comments (196)

• Awesome! I want to see more!!!

Comment by tvaddict – October 26, 2012 06:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • me 2, such an awesome promise

Comment by Andrew – October 26, 2012 09:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My wife and I enjoyed the show immensely, we even called our children up and told them about it. It needs a little work but we think it should make a very good series. The only criticism I had was that Herman Munster was too fake looking to live with everyday people and didn’t fit in with how the other characters looked.

Comment by John Porter – October 27, 2012 06:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I thought it was awesome and I’d definitely check it out if it became a series.

Comment by William Hodge – October 31, 2012 07:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I feel the same it was awsome nbc would be stupid not to pick it up i refuse to watch. These so called reality tv shows they discust me but those are picked up constantly if i could permanantly block anything like that from. Being aired throught my tv i would in a second as well as almost everyone one i know and have ever talked to about the subject

Comment by joe logan – December 12, 2012 10:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved it! I hope NBC makes this a series!

Comment by Ann – October 26, 2012 06:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • According to the ratings… it probably won’t get a season pickup.

Comment by Josh – October 27, 2012 10:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • as far as I know, I think NBC canceled this show before airing. they were going to air just the pilot because of Halloween

Comment by Mike – October 27, 2012 03:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Incorrect; there is, in theory, the chance that NBC could decide to order it to series.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – October 27, 2012 04:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved it, wow I didnt think it would be that great but this must become a series, If NBC does not pick it up they will miss out on a big success. Portia was wonderful and flawless as Lily, I never cared too much about her but she act the heck out of lily, emmy for her please.

Comment by fernando rodriguez (@Fernanaberry) – October 26, 2012 06:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wish I wish this will become a series!!!!

Comment by Joanne – October 26, 2012 06:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought it was delightful! Not earth shattering by any means, but completely charming. Solid B+! I’d season pass it!

Comment by heather_kaye – October 26, 2012 06:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can see why this show was canceled before it had a chance to become a full blown series. I did watch the whole thing, so it wasn’t awful, but the script had a lot of problems. I like it the fact that it looked like Marilyn was going to be stronger than the original Marilyn, and Grandpa was very kooky, but I don’t see how these characters could every be lovable. Once you have someone dying, while being chased by Grandpa, it’s pretty impossible to redeem the character, or understand why the rest of the family wouldn’t take steps to make sure that it never happened again. It’s really hard to accept that Herman would be okay with having that person’s heart.

Comment by Annie – October 26, 2012 06:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Um, it wasn’t canceled. It just hasn’t yet been picked up. Big difference.

Comment by Ron – October 26, 2012 06:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The show runner and the network had a “creative differences” so they squashed it. Kinda like being cancelled and not being picked up.

Comment by tp – October 26, 2012 06:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • While there may have been differences, this has not been cancelled or squashed. So no, it’s not like you said at all.

Comment by Chuck Finley (AJ) – October 26, 2012 06:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • It has not been cancelled.

Comment by Temperence – October 27, 2012 12:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • It has not been picked up because of the production cost and the creative direction. Besides, the ratings weren’t impressive so it’s easy to say that this will not be picked up.

Comment by Josh – October 27, 2012 10:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I think it would be the perfect lead-in for Grimm. There are not enough paranormal shows on television.

Comment by Hanna – November 2, 2012 08:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I bet if this show were picked up, you’d want to watch more. This episode was filmed as a pilot, so of course their are flaws. If this were a one-time tv movie, then I’d have a different reaction. Most pilots have flaws that get fixed throughout the season. My hope is that NBC gives this show a full season order and give it a chance to grow.

Comment by Ann – October 26, 2012 06:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Agree I also think your looking at it from the original stand point. Granted the original is good for 50-60 ‘s decade. But that wouldn’t fly this century. It’s really been revamped & probably been a good concept on its own. Loved the pilot & yes flaws like any other pilot but good non the less. And visually stunning

Comment by LizLiz – October 27, 2012 01:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s just a TV show, it’s not real. That’s what is wrong with TV shows now. People can’t get in their head it’s fake. Just because you see it on TV doesn’t mean it’s real. I was a little girl when the original Munsters was on. I like this one much better, I hope they get it back on as soon as possible.

Comment by Kathy – October 26, 2012 08:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • What I learned at 6 when my 20 year old brother brought me to Jaw in the theaters was what my mother raised me to believe, “there is a difference between reality and fiction”. Go ahead and root the dumb person into the basement where they heard screams and blood just spewed out the door. If something like that happened in reality, stop them and call the cops.

I liked Mockingbird and hope *someone* picks it up

Comment by PPPG – October 27, 2012 05:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • “Once you have someone dying, while being chased by Grandpa, it’s pretty impossible to redeem the character…” Ever heard of Dexter?

Comment by Edward – October 26, 2012 08:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Dexter kills baddies, methinks no-one could possibly describe the scout master as a baddie.
        As for the show, am reminded of the Johnny Depp character in Dark Shadows (yes I know it is “just a movie” but) I found it hard to warm to a character who ~5s after being uncoffined has slaughtered a big bunch of builders.

Comment by Fido – October 27, 2012 07:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • yeah but I bet you (if you are not vegetarian) don’t think about those cute innocent cows you eat who have been slaughtered for your hamburger. I think the episode was trying explain the circle of life to viewers in this TV reality– humans (even sweet innocent ones) are food.

Comment by Lu – October 27, 2012 08:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Eddie Izzard was fantastic. I wouldn’t mind if this show became a series, it beats reality shows.

Comment by Michael Grooms – October 26, 2012 06:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ITA. Eddie is the best. I felt Jerry O’Connell’s performance was a bit wooden. Otherwise, I enjoyed it.

Comment by Templar – October 26, 2012 06:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This was awesome…better than most things on tv…NBC wake up and make this into a series…ASAP!

Comment by A.D. – October 26, 2012 06:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Let me preface this by saying I LOVE Bryan Fuller, I re-watch Wonderfalls and Pushing Daises every year. Pushing Daises is one of my top 3 favorite shows of all time.

That said, Mockingbird Lane just didn’t do it for me. I thought the idea and script were good, but the direction of this pilot was not up to the amazing standards that Pushing Daisies has set. I don’t think that Bryan Singer was the best director for this project, and really wish they had gone with Barry Sonnenfeld again like they did with Pushing Daisies. Singer just doesn’t get the small screen.

Maybe I had too high expectations and am comparing this to PD too much, but I also think a narration by Jim Dale would have added to the experience.

I do think this is better than anything else on NBC, but just was let down by the execution.

Comment by ATXtall – October 26, 2012 06:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’ve always thought that Brian Singer was a terrible director. It shows here. I agree with you, I wish they had a different director for this.

Comment by Ann – October 26, 2012 06:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • This was directed by Bryan Fuller, not Brian Singer.
        Bryan F was the creator of Dead Like Me, Wonderfalls, and Pushing Daisies.

Comment by WayneInNYC – October 26, 2012 06:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Actually, Singer directed the episode, Fuller is the creator.

Comment by Rachel – October 26, 2012 06:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • And I’ve always thought Singer was a great director, which I saw here.

Comment by Temperence – October 27, 2012 12:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I just don’t think you can compare this show to Pushing Daisies. It’s not PD, it never set out to be PD and anyone who is disappointed in that has only themselves to blame.
      The fact you mention no narration by Jim Dale pretty much sums up that you thought this would be Pushing Daisies 2.0.
      I thought it was visually stunning, paid homage enough to the original, and it’s clear there are stories to be told with these characters.

Comment by Josh – October 26, 2012 06:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It’s not unreasonable to compare the quality of two shows by the same creator. The commenter here only said they thought it wasn’t as good as PD; there’s nothing about wanting it to be a sequel or even in the same tone or anything. Try not to be so offended by people having different opinions from you.

That being said, I agree with you, I thought the show was a riot!

Comment by Dana – October 26, 2012 11:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought it was fantastic! Granted I missed the last five minutes (literally) because my picture went blank, but I still thought it was great! Hope NBC picks it up and cancels crap like Whitney

Comment by Rachel – October 26, 2012 06:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just watched Mockingbird Lane, it wasn’t that bad and had potential. Too bad NBC did not pick it up as a regular series.

Comment by Scottyb – October 26, 2012 06:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NBC wouldn’t have kept show on anyway because it’s good and viewers like it. That’s what NBC does, take all the great stuff off and replace it with crap nobody cares about.

Comment by Jennifer – October 26, 2012 06:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think you are mistaking NBC for FOX. Fox is the leader of cancelling great shows for that American Idol crap.

Comment by Sean – October 26, 2012 09:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes, the way the cancelled Fringe in its first season. :-/

Comment by TV Gord – October 26, 2012 10:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • FOX was quite bad for doing that for a while – and they started to inprove after the whole Dollhouse debacle. CBS is the worst for it – they try a whole selection of shows, most quite different than the dead boring procedurals that mmake up most of their programming and then can nearly every single one. Every year. I literally quit watching any new show on CBS until it gets renewed.

Comment by Temperence – October 27, 2012 12:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • In my opinion, Dollhouse was not a very good show, but despite terrible ratings, it still got a second season. The reality is that if a show doesn’t earn enough viewers, it usually doesn’t survive for long. That’s not the fault of the network. It’s the fault of the audience that would rather watch reality garbage and other garbage.

Comment by TV Gord – October 27, 2012 07:53 AM PDT
  • It wasnt all that great. Only ok.

Comment by rikes – October 26, 2012 06:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really liked it. Which is surprising because Pushing Daisies was godawful crap. I would definitely give it another shot if it went to series.

Comment by Chuck Finley (AJ) – October 26, 2012 06:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought it was awesome, and I was thoroughly impressed with the special effects this show had. I hope the ratings are really good tomorrow, because I’d LOVE it if NBC picked this up for a full season. Seriously, a Mockingbird Lane/Grimm Friday night lineup is something I can get behind.

Comment by iMember – October 26, 2012 06:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • YES! That is a great Friday night line up especially when Fringe will be ending soon

Comment by tvaddict – October 26, 2012 06:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved it. Would love to see it picked up, but it would only work as a limited series with like 10 episodes a season. This can’t be a cheap show to produce.

Comment by Christina – October 26, 2012 06:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • heh if they cancel Whitney they’ll surely be able to afford it

(yeah yeah I know it doesn’t work like that…wishful thinking)

Comment by Rachel – October 26, 2012 06:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It probably would be a better show for cable. Maybe USA or FX could pick it up?????

Comment by tvaddict – October 26, 2012 06:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • the pilot cost over or around 10 million

Comment by chris – October 26, 2012 06:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Isn’t that crazy?! When I read that I was like dang how are they going to keep that up?

Comment by tp – October 26, 2012 09:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Like anything else, the start up costs are substantial. But having built the sets, scouted locations etc. the subsequent episodes wouldn’t be as expensive.

Comment by Templar – October 27, 2012 07:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • it will be if they keep that many special effects in it. (just like terra nova)

Comment by leahbh – October 27, 2012 08:27 AM PDT
  • It was twisted good fun, but it’s not The Munsters and that’s gonna anger the Purists. If the show ever came to series, I’d watch it in a heartbeat (no pun intended)

Comment by WayneInNYC – October 26, 2012 06:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • As someone who grew up watching The Munsters I agree, it wasn’t the same at all save for the names. BUT I did enjoy this. I think it has staying power but I don’t think it was marketed well.

Comment by Samantha – October 27, 2012 11:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really hope it goes to series.

Comment by Bob – October 26, 2012 06:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Surprisingly, I really liked it! I excepted to hate it, but it was actually good. I’d love to see more episodes.

Comment by Maria – October 26, 2012 06:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I enjoyed it. I would watch new episodes to see what becomes of the whole thing.

Comment by AB – October 26, 2012 06:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really enjoyed this. I would love to watch this as a series. NBC has done good this season with their new shows.

Comment by the girl – October 26, 2012 06:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved pilot!!! Bryan Fuller has set up a mythology for the family that has me begging for more. I want to know how the family can have children;how many children did Grandpa have and where is Marilyn’s mother? NBC better be smart and give this the greenligh;asap.

Comment by Robert – October 26, 2012 06:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • First off, happy to see these comment aren’t overrun with Community fans bashing the show simply because it was on air like Twitter.

Second, i truly loved this show!!! I’ve been impatiently waiting for it since casting began to be announced. I really need this to be a series or a mini-series! It perfectly quirky and darling.

Comment by Amanda – October 26, 2012 06:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LOL! I’m a HUGE Community fan, and I didn’t connect the two. There are some reasonable fans among us. (Hey, I’m as surprised as you are!) ;-)

Comment by TV Gord – October 26, 2012 06:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Most of Twitter was complaining that the Halloween episode wasn’t on. It was just really sour. I love Community as well but I wasn’t going to sit there and trend things to spite ML’s airing. Community fans out of everyone should know how important ratings are…I wish they would have more support for this special.

Comment by Amanda – October 26, 2012 07:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I agree. It sucks that Community was pulled from this slot, but it’s not the fault of this show, and it’s shortsighted and narrow-minded to see it that way.

Comment by TV Gord – October 26, 2012 08:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Yeah I got Hell’s Kitchen instead and I am NOT a Gordon Ramsey fan.

Comment by robinepowell – October 27, 2012 09:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • umm what does this have to do with Community and Twitter?

Comment by Rachel – October 26, 2012 07:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Because Community has been moved to Friday nights and is currently being held for no good reason.

Comment by Chuck Finley (AJ) – October 26, 2012 07:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I got through the first few minutes and couldn’t watch anymore. Wish kids didn’t get attacked in the first few minutes. It was very weird and turned me off.

Comment by leigh – October 26, 2012 06:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They all still appeared to be alive when you saw them hiding in the van at least.

Comment by Chuck Finley (AJ) – October 26, 2012 08:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Are you kidding? The kids getting attacked was awesome! I’m sure any kids watching would have loved it!

Comment by TV Gord – October 26, 2012 10:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The show was one more reason to keep our kids away from most TV these days. It was gruesome and had non of the humor or irony of the original comedy. Yuk.

Comment by VAL – October 27, 2012 08:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It was even stated in the show that the worst thing that happened was a few scratches. Geesh.

Comment by Temperence – October 27, 2012 12:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved it! While I wish that NBC would pick it up, I’m not gonna get my hopes up.

Comment by Michelle – October 26, 2012 07:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think the real reason nbc didn’t like it was just the cost. it’s easy to see why the pilot cost so much. and if they continue with so many special effects, it’s just too much $$$$ for a network in last place. (the cw doesn’t count)

Comment by leahbh – October 26, 2012 07:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like it i thought that it can be good as a series

Comment by Robert Mitchell – October 26, 2012 07:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved this show ,so did my family. I would watch this show every week if it was on. In fact i was trying to find when the next episode would air when i found out there wouldn’t be one. :(

Comment by Julie – October 26, 2012 07:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I didn’t expect to like it, so I was surprised. I agree I think it would work better as a limited series with fewer episodes, but I liked the overall look and feel. It could use some tweaking & I thought sometimes it veered a little too far between the darker bits & the family comedy. Hubby watched & said he wished they would pick it up to series, and he NEVER cares about that stuff.

Comment by Mo – October 26, 2012 07:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved it. I wish that NBC would pick it up. My family loved it

Comment by Julie – October 26, 2012 07:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I liked it, but I’d trade every episode of it AND of Hannibal to have Pushing Daisies back.

Comment by Whimsical – October 26, 2012 08:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I lik it. It had me chuckling a fe times

Comment by PPPG – October 26, 2012 08:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • sorry typos increase later at night …. mea culpa

Comment by PPPG – October 26, 2012 08:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I watched it,having total different opinions before I started,but once it progressed,I found myself getting quite attatched with it,…I would absolutly love to see this turn into a series. Definatly something I would get into,just like Grimm…and having them two back to back is really nice too.Perfect combo.

Comment by Rosalina – October 26, 2012 08:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • more!

Comment by adam – October 26, 2012 08:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Worst new show this season!! Badly written, poorly acted. Special effects not bad. A lot of the scenes were gross and not funny. Yeah I really thought the opening shot of Eddie killing half of his scout troop, oh boy lots of laughs there. Nothing funny and not a show I would let my kids watch.

Comment by Rusty – October 26, 2012 08:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • “Eddie killing half of his scout troop” – near the end of the episode we found out all he did was scratch a couple, didn’t kill any of thm

Comment by PPPG – October 26, 2012 08:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You’ve forgotten what it’s like to be a kid.

Comment by TV Gord – October 26, 2012 10:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • We obviously didn’t watch the same shows, right down to the fact that none of the scouts were harmed in the show I saw. ahem.

Comment by Temperence – October 27, 2012 12:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I liked it as well!! I loved Marilyn personally, just how she acted as if everything was so normal! Its something different from all the cop medical dramas out there, TV needs more different shows like Grimm and ouat for a change!

Comment by julie – October 26, 2012 08:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I almost didn’t watch because I was bummed it wasn’t gonna make it as a series but ended up watching it and I loved it! I think the kid play Eddie is great. Hopefully NBC has a change of heart I would love to see more!

Comment by Mandy – October 26, 2012 08:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A dark humor fest! Why was this show shelved?

Comment by Gumpopper – October 26, 2012 09:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Because brainless monkeys run NBC.

Comment by Tweeny – October 26, 2012 09:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Because it was boring!

Comment by zoot – October 27, 2012 03:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This must be picked up. Besides, after spending so much on the pilot, they can’t just destroy the set! Put it to good use!

Comment by Eric – October 26, 2012 09:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The pilot was really good, and it had the potential to make a really fun series. I know the chances of NBC doing the right thing and giving the show a series order are zero to none, but it’s a shame that we’ll probably never see more of these characters.

On a different note, Edfie Izzard completes my life.

Comment by Tweeny – October 26, 2012 09:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • MORE! MORE! MORE!

Comment by Lorry – October 26, 2012 09:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Adored every minute. It isn’t for kids (and whoever said it was?). It was dark and funny and just plain great. I want more. And as for “Munsters” purists … aren’t they past retirement age at this point?

Comment by Julio – October 26, 2012 09:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loved it really would love more would watch it every week!! NBC finally has a potential hit after so much crap and they need to recognize it and make it an ongoing series.

Comment by lisa – October 26, 2012 09:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Omg love this show would love to see it become a series please and to all that hated it bit me it takes me back to my childhood watching the shows with my grandpa. So agin make it a series

Comment by Sabrina – October 26, 2012 09:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought it was fantastic! Clever double-entendre dialogue, very well cast (unusual for an American show), very well acted and directed and written.

I particularly loved Jerry O’Connell as Herman Munster, Charity Wakefield as Marilyn, Mason Cook as Eddie Munster (he is so bright! He clearly understood everything and said it perfectly! I love when tv casts bright kids instead of cutesy-poo ones), and Eddie Izzard as grandpa. I usually don’t care for Portia de Rossi, but I thought she was great in this, too! Unfortunately, I missed the cameo I noted from imdb by Butch Patrick, so I will have to go back and check my recording for him.

I did not think there was a bad note in the entire cast! The writing was a treat! This show was a treat!

Please, please, bring this back!

Comment by E – October 26, 2012 09:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • no need to check recording for butch patrick – he was not in the pilot. he says many things that aren’t true.

as far as the show — one and done….

Comment by tony – October 27, 2012 02:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved everything about Mockingbird Lane. The special effects..the story..Jerry O’Connell and his stitched up neck. I’m not exactly sure where it would go as a series but I would have definitely checked out more episodes to find out.

Comment by Jared – October 26, 2012 09:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes the pilot cost ten million but how much of that went to sets and stuff that would stay the same from week to week? Revolution costs 3 million per episode …I could see ML costing about the same after start up costs. This would be a much more suitable companion to Grimm than comedies. Between Grimm viewers and Munsters fans I could definitely see this getting profitable ratings if given a chance. On a side note, it seems like the Addams Family would have been a much easier property to turn into an hour long drama like this. I wonder if that idea was ever considered.

Comment by Brett Heitkam – October 26, 2012 09:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Revolution cost 3 mil an epi? That’s a whole lot of money for a show about no electricity. lol.

Comment by tp – October 26, 2012 10:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The Addams Family was done to death [no pun intended] between TV and films. The Munsters are fresher.

Comment by Templar – October 27, 2012 07:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Absolutely loved it! Tons of fun. Really hoping for a full season pick up for this one.

Comment by Eve – October 26, 2012 09:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I believe the potential cost of this series was the reason why NBC decided not to pick it up because the pilot was brilliant.

Comment by DC – October 26, 2012 10:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loved every minute of this! NBC needs to pick this up and give Bryan Fuller the chance to play more with the Munster family and other Universal’s Monsters.

Comment by Josh – October 26, 2012 10:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post