How I Met Your Mother Stages a Buffy Reunion With Guest Star Seth Green

Get More: Casting News

Seth GreenHow I Met Your Mother is reuniting Willow and Oz!

Seth Green — who, of course, played Alyson Hannigan’s werewolf boyfriend on Buffy the Vampire Slayer — will guest-star on an upcoming Season 8 episode of the CBS sitcom, TVLine has confirmed.

PHOTOS | How I Met Your Mother: Are Barney and Robin Getting Back Together?

Even better news: His storyline will find him crossing paths with his former castmate! Green’s character Daryl LaCoutre considered Lily (Hannigan) and Marshall (Jason Segel) his best friends in college. However, they barely remember the guy. Despite the discrepancy, Daryl is still living in their college town and is creepily obsessed with having the new parents in his life.

The episode is tentatively slated to air Dec. 10.

Green — whose credits also include Robot Chicken and Family Guy — is the latest in a long line of Joss Whedon show alumni to visit the hit comedy. Past guests include Amy Acker (Angel, Dollhouse), Tom Lenk (Buffy), Morena Baccarin (Firefly), Harry Groener (Buffy), Alexis Denisof (Buffy, Angel) and Danny Strong (Buffy).

The casting was first reported by the show’s official Twitter account.

Comments (26)

• Awesome, great news.

Comment by paula – October 26, 2012 01:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oz! This is such great news, and I’m sure it’ll be a really fun episode.

Comment by Mikaylah – October 26, 2012 01:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so excited!!!!! Oz & Willow were my favorite couple of BtVS (after Buffy & Angel)!!!!!! I want to see this episose now!

Comment by Luz – October 26, 2012 01:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ditto!

Comment by JustineK – October 26, 2012 01:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oz and Willow were the best couple on buffy right up there with Xander and Anya. Next can we please get Emma Caulfield on the show?

Comment by tht19 – October 26, 2012 02:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes! It would be awesome if Emma Caufield made an appearance!

Comment by Jon – October 26, 2012 03:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG YES! YES YES YES!

Comment by Summer – October 26, 2012 01:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Does anyone else think it would be completely AMAZING if they made Sarah Michelle Gellar be the mother??? I just want to start that rumor.

Comment by Christina – October 26, 2012 01:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Omg ill second that rumor!! SMG WOULD TOTALLY BE PERFECT FOR THE MOM!!!

Comment by amy – October 28, 2012 12:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You can now count nph for dr horrible and Cobie since she was in Avengers (and would’ve been his choice for Wonder Woman).

Maybe they can get Nathan Fillion and Sarah Gellar to guest for this season too!

Comment by dalunt – October 26, 2012 01:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Now what would it take to get Amber Benson and Nicholas Brendon on the show?

Comment by Tony Poirier – October 26, 2012 01:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I really wish Amber would guest star in the show too!

Comment by Jen – October 26, 2012 11:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As Xander would say, “Woo and may I add hoo”!!! Awesome, awesome, awesome.

Comment by Amy – October 26, 2012 02:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Couldn’t we also call it an “my step mother is an alien” reunion?

Comment by Star Rae Foreman – October 26, 2012 02:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sure, but that reunion technically already happened on Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Given that this is their first time working together after that, it’s a BtVS reunion.

Comment by Summer – October 26, 2012 07:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want Sarah Michelle Gellar as the mom

Comment by Andie – October 26, 2012 03:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This idea needs to happen.

Comment by Mike – October 26, 2012 10:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nice! Maybe I have 2 reasons to watch this season!

Comment by Kristina – October 26, 2012 04:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was always disappointed that HIMYM didn’t cast Seth Green as Scooter as an inside joke to Buffy fans. So I love this news! Yay, Oz!

Comment by Chelle – October 26, 2012 06:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They should have cast him as a married man with Amber Benson as his wife.

Comment by Mike – October 26, 2012 10:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So excited!

Comment by Tee – October 27, 2012 05:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They need to get Joss Whedon to write and direct an episode. But maybe they’re saving that for the series finale?

Comment by Jerri – October 27, 2012 07:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I dunno, I wish they’d cast AMber as “the Mother,” which would be more than a guest spot. Or Emma or iyari for that matter.

Comment by DaddyCatALSO – October 27, 2012 11:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Best news ever. My Buffy fangirl heart is pounding hard

Comment by Svenja – October 28, 2012 06:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m just waiting for Charisma Carpenter to show up as the mother.

Comment by Ella – October 28, 2012 11:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I second all the Whedonverse suggestions presented here. Side note, impressed with Danny Strong’s accomplishments, Superstar!

Comment by tara17 – October 29, 2012 12:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post