Exclusive

Exclusive: Castle Books GH's Nancy Lee Grahn For War of the Roses-Esque Episode

General Hospital’s Nancy Lee Grahn is heading to ABC primetime in early 2013 via a guest stint on Castle, TVLine has learned exclusively.

The two-time Daytime Emmy winner will play Samantha Voss, a wealthy, recently divorced woman, caught in a hilariously ill-willed War of the Roses struggle with her ex-husband (played by Weeds‘ Brendan Ford.)

VIDEO | Castle First Look: A Killer Twist Threatens to Derail Rick and Kate’s Romance

The episode, titled “Significant Others,” is slated to air in early January.

Grahn isn’t the only soap vet appearing in the episode. The actress’ former Santa Barbara co-star, Jack Wagner, is confirmed to play a famous golfer whose wife turns up dead.

1. Esther says:

Good for Nancy, can’t wait to see the episode.

2. Andrea says:

Yayyyy!

3. Mary says:

I wish Castle would stop casting all these soap stars. They are like the 3rd class of actors.

• Brenna says:

You mean like Nathan Fillion? aka Joey from One Life to Live.

• Cindy says:

Nathan Fillion is a soap actor! He was on OLTL as Joey Buchanan…

• Alie Hunter says:

You obviously know little about the entertainment industry in general. Do you know how many big stars started out doing soaps? And you should show them some respect because them film around 200 episodes a year while primetime actors film an average of 23 or 24.

Nancy is a freaking boss! Even my dad was excited when I told him she was going to be a guest star.

• ebdawg7 says:

You do know most actors got their start on soaps right? How about you get your facts straight before insulting the actors. Let us know when you show up on TV.

• Jennifer says:

3rd class actors my butt. If I recall Susan Sullivan was very well known and loved for her roles on soaps. Just because the quality of tv has taken a major nosedive over the years doesn’t mean all actors are third rate.

• Jamie says:

Hey moron, where do you think Nathan Filian started? He play Joey Buchanan on One Life To Live. Most soap actors work harder in a year than a movie actor.

• Kath says:

As Susan Sarandon, a former soap opera actor herself, once said, soaps are the best place for a young actor to learn his or her craft because they get more chance than anywhere else to practice.

Certainly it didn’t do Sarah Michelle Geller, Hayden Pattetiere or Julianne Moore any harm.

• TV Gord says:

Mary is an obvious troll.

• soxfan says:

Susan Sullivan played Lenore Curtain Delaney on Another World for years & she starred on Falcon Crest & Dharma & Greg & she was great in everything she appeared in!!! She is wonderful in this role as Castle’s Mother – wish she would have more of a storyline. So many night time/movie actors got their start in soaps or on Broadway (i.e. Sara Ramirez from Grey’s) Love that Nancy Lee Grahn will be in the upcoming episode – loved her on Santa Barbara & for those of you who haven’t seen the movie “War of the Roses” with Danny Devito, Kathleen Turner & Michael Douglas please rent it if you can. Great movie, very funny at times but very sad & brutal by the end of it as I asked myself how did their marriage start out so great & by the end they were both hanging/swinging from a highly hung chandelier that eventually broke off of the ceiling due to the excessive weight. It gives a real glimpse into the world of marriage gone wrong – there are many out there as we all know …..

• Mary Elizabeth says:

That comment is insane….if you knew anything about acting you would know that soaps have the best actors in all of television and Nancy Lee Grahn is one of those actors.

• VOXPOP says:

HOW EFFING WRONG U R!!

• April says:

Nancy Lee Grahn is first class. Sounds more like your brain is third class

4. Remember, Nathan Fillion was once a soap star…..

5. One of my favourite actors on my favourite prime time show! I can’t freaking wait!

6. leigh says:

Sounds great! Now they just need to get some of the OLTL actors to come on the show.

7. Meg says:

LOVE NLG! She’s one of my faves on GH.

8. Jessica says:

It’s fantastic news for all concerned. She’s won two Emmys and is an electric actress. Anyone who disparages soap actors is an idiot not worth my withering sarcasm.

• Jennifer says:

Never saw her on GH but loved her on Santa Barbara way back when. Her and Lane Davies hated each other off screen but their on-screen chemistry was completely off the charts and the only reason to watch. I can’t wait to see her on Castle, I’m more excitied about this then hearing about Jack Wagner being on show.

• CJ says:

I loved her on Santa Barbara, too–my second favorite character on my favorite soap ever. During the time she was on SB, I also saw her on a rerun of Quincy, which ran in the 1970s. Which means Nancy is quite a bit older than the character she’s playing now. She’s been playing in the 35-45 range for almost 30 years (and totally believably–she looks terrific).

• VOXPOP says:

BRAVO JESSICA~!

9. Tam says:

Meg Ryan
    Demi Moore
    Leo DiCaprio
    Brad Pitt
    Kevin Bacon
    James Earl Jones
    Tommy Lee Jones

What do all of these stars have in common??

They all are past Soap actors.
    Show some respect.

10. Kath says:

Fantastic! She’s my reason I watch General Hospital, and I get some great links from her tweets.

11. Michelle says:

Yay! Possibly my two favorite TV actors together on the same show.. I’ve loved Nathan Fillion since Firefly and Nancy Lee Grahn since Santa Barbara! I am really excited for this. And it doesn’t hurt that I loved Jack Wagner when he was on Santa Barbara and enjoy Castle. Just so much good in this news.

12. Jay says:

robin wright, another amazing actress who was with the great Nancy Lee grahn in Santa Barbara

13. Caroline says:

I don’t normally watch Castle but I certainly will watch Nancy Lee Grahn’s turn on the show! And to the complete moron that insulted soap actors…do your homework freak, countless HUGE movie stars started their careers on soaps and many, many more have super long and illustrious careers in that genre. They work harder than any other actors on TV…longer hours, cranking out a substantial amount more episodes than prime time. So the only thing 3rd rate here are your stupid comments.

14. Jessica says:

Meg Ryan
    Alec Baldwin
    Marisa Tomei
    Laurence Fishburne
    Morgan Freeman

Just saying

15. Nicole says:

I also think this is the episode Darby Stanchfield will be reprising the role of Merdeith (deep fried twinkee). “Significant others” has a lot of guest stars on it. As for soap stars it is a lot hard work as there are 5 shows a week. There are rarely repeats only during holidays usually. These actors depending on their character can have 60 pages plus of dialogue to memorize daily. Soaps stars are looked down on but soaps have launched many careers of actors/actress as people mentioned before.

• Holly says:

I’ve always wanted to see Meredith again; “Always Buy Retail” is one of my favorite episodes. I hadn’t heard before that she’s coming back…that’s awesome.

16. TV Gord says:

JUUUUUUUUULIA WAINWRIGHT!!!!! I can’t wait!

17. Jerri says:

Cool. They need to get Alan Tudyk to do a guest spot on Castle too.

• CJ says:

Since he’s on an ensemble sitcom (and on the same network), it probably wouldn’t be difficult to get him for a week.

18. big cheddar says:

Another fantastic “soap actor” who’s finally getting his due? Bryan Cranston!! Yeah, he’s TOTALLY third rate.

19. Dara says:

Most of those list were on soaps for a year or two not soap vets. Anyway NLG can’t act

20. Jenna says:

Jack Wagner was on General Hospital for years too as Frisco.

21. WenRaz says:

I loved her on Santa Barbara as Julia! Can’t wait to see her on Castle! Could they get Mason? :-)

22. nick1372 says:

She is awesome! I can’t wait.

23. Jessica says:

Dara, you just make no sense. Lots of soap vets like stability, have families and atay presumeably because they appreciate the kind of options that work affords them. Nancy Lee Grahn can’t act? Her two Emmys on two different shows say otherwise, as does the casting director on “Castle@, who probably wants to keep their job. Shut up. Christ. Shut up. Just shut up. You’re too stupid to live. Have your tubes tied, please just don’t reproduce. Oh, and shut up.

24. Lipstick Socialism says:

SO excited for NLG. This will be FANTASTIC!!!

25. Amber says:

It’s ok! Some people will never get that soap actors are some of the hardest working people in the business. We know, so who cares what the jerks think? Alexis Davis is one of my fave characters of all time! So smart, funny, great mom, great lawyer, etc etc. NLG & Nathan Fillion together on one show? Freaking awesome! And yes! More Firefly guests, please! Summer Glau, Alan Tudyk, all of them!