Revenge Hot Shots: Em and Her Mom Come Face to Face! Plus, Amanda Is [Spoiler]!

Amanda’s hospital room looks like the place to be in this Sunday’s Revenge (ABC, 9/8c), which finds several Hamptonites visiting the ailing new mom. First, the good news: It appears that Amanda and her baby survived last week’s tumble off the balcony just fine. And Kara seems thrilled to be reunited with her daughter… except Emily is forced to look on as her mom dotes on Fauxmanda instead of her!

RELATEDRevenge Promotes Barry Sloane to Series Regular

Elsewhere in the episode, Roger Bart is back as Mason Treadwell and Kara embraces a gobsmacked Victoria, who looks like she’d do anything — include use the floral shears she’s so conveniently holding — to extricate herself from the hug.

RELATED | Revenge First Look: Handcuffs and (Surprising) Couplings at Next Month’s Big Wedding!

Flip through the gallery below and then hit the comments: What are your predictions for the Sunday night soap’s next installment?

1. Mikaylah says:

Cannot wait. Victoria looks pissed. I hope Emily is wary of her mom. I don’t trust her at all.

2. JP says:

One of these days a character on this show is going to take a fall and actually die or suffer long term injuries rather than be perfectly fine in no time flat.

3. JP says:

Also, Amanda being fine isn’t exactly good news if you find her as insufferably annoying as I do. :/ Seriously, if she and Jack sailed away with their little love child, I’d be fine with that. I’ve grown tired of the whole Emily/Jack star-crossed thing anyways, since it’s obvious they won’t get together until the end of the show if the writers choose to ever do so.

4. Ann says:

Why would Kara want to kill her daughter? I can’t wait to see Kara vs Victoria.

• Alichat says:

Because perhaps things weren’t going well with her and David, and she knew David would leave her, so she decided he couldn’t have Amanda if she couldn’t. Perhaps she thought this world is an awful place, and she wanted her daughter to be in a safer place. It happens. But based upon the two scenes we’ve been given, it looks like she took off with Amanda, and when David found them, she pushed her daughter under the water to hide her, not thinking about her drowning. So, it would appear she tried to kill her, but not intentionally. Then again, that’s one guess, because at one point Kara went under the water, grabbed Amanda by the legs to hold her under and was watching her struggle. So was she thinking we’ll die together or was she just too unstable to realize she was drowning her kid?

5. Samantha says:

Love this show but it has left a bad taste in my mouth. The fact that this woman (Jennifer Jason Leigh) doesn’t know that FauxAmanda isn’t her daughter! Sorry but no one changes that much since the age of 7 or 8. Love your show Mike Kelly but this is BS!!

• iMember says:

No one changes that much between the age of 7-8 to mid 20′s? I beg to differ! Also, it isn’t surprising that Kara, who is slightly psychotic as we know, doesn’t realize that FauxAmanda isn’t her real daughter. Emily’s dad took her away from her mother when she was only about 5 years old. As you can see in Season 2 flashbacks, this is a younger Emily from Season 1.

It’s actually the little girl from last season’s little sister in real life.

6. luli says:

wow, emily and kara are almost identical. they really do look like daughter and mother

7. Dude, I am not ok with this. I know Emily is a dark character but that crazy murderous stripper getting Jack is one thing, getting her MOTHER too… awww hell no. Fauxmanda gets Jack, gets his baby and gets Emily’s mother. This is crap.

• iMember says:

This is Emily’s game, even if it hurts to see that what she loves has to go to someone else. It’s truly sad though. ):

8. Antonia says:

I wish that emily would tell jack the truth snd they could be together

• Alichat says:

I have to think….or hope…that Jack finds out what is going on this season. You can’t stretch this out for four or five seasons with him being totally oblivious. It just doesn’t make sense, and at that point why would you want Emily with someone that stupid? The deeper Emily gets into things, the more Jack is needed to be Emily’s moral anchor along with Nolan. Plus it gives his character more purpose.

• Here is my question. Jack is struggling to come up with $40,000 to fix his bar and yet Fauxmanda has 5 million in the bank that Emily gave her. She knows she has it and Jack knows it and yet she is still bumming around and mooching a place to stay off of Em and watching Jack struggle. What happened to the money Em gave her??

• Alichat says:

You know, I was wondering about that the other day. I can’t recall if Tyler took the money, because he was holding her hostage at the time. Or if she did get out with the money. But if she did, maybe Takeda took it when he grabbed her. It does seem odd that she doesn’t use the money for something. Maybe she gave it back to Emily…..can’t see her doing that, but stranger things have happened.

• As far as I know, Tyler didn’t even know about the money. Even if he did they were holed up in a barn while he was being actively searched for by the police. Not exactly easy to get to money that is in a bank in another country and transfer it. Not to mention Jack finds the bank slip after Tyler is killed on the beach and gives it to Nolan to trace. Nolan leads him in circles but the implication is that the money is there and Nolan is watching it to see if she pops up but she’s not using it because she is with Takeda. I’m not sure why Takeda would take it, he isn’t exactly hurting for cash and I cannot even begin to picture Fauxmanda giving it back to Em who is a billionaire. They never mention the money again after Jack gives up looking for her but ostensibly it’s still there.

9. DL says:

I really hope that Emily confides her true identity to her mom quickly so we don’t have to deal with a painfully drawn out reveal. One of the great things about the first season was that the writers were brave enough to move things quickly and not hold back on giving the audience what they were waiting for (mostly). They seem to be doing the opposite in season 2 and that makes me concerned. They need to look no further than Homeland to see that just going there instead of holding things in reserve can only make a show better! Let’s move this season along!

10. sara says:

Ugh I was really hoping Fauxmanda wouldn’t make it…just don’t like her at all! Plus she claimed she was debriefed by Takeda and was back to help Emily with whatever, yet she has to be forced or coerced into helping, if you don’t have her back then gtfo of town!!

11. moobear says:

Anyone else suspicious of Padme?

• JM says:

Now that you mention it yeah. I was confused when her and Nolan kissed (or almost kissed) because all that was going through my head was “but last season you and tyler but… what?”

• moobear says:

Nolan said he’s a 3 Kinsey scale, which means he’s bi, perfectly bi. Watch how Nolan acted around Emily and Padme, she came to Emily’s house, where Nolan was living….without pants, he introduced her as Emily, his Emily, she overheard Nolan’s phone call to Emily which sounded suggestive….adult fun suggestive and then she throws herself at Nolan???
        Yeah she’s after more then free trips to Paris, she’s at least a corporate spy.

12. Figgy says:

Ugh Amanda made it…I mean I feel sorry for Amanda and the situations she is put in with Emily but I just thought we got rid of her last episode.

13. Anna says:

Mhmpf. This is kind of a let down, because I really hoped Fauxmanda’d be dead. Oh well, maybe she will die in the near future. One should never give up hope ; D

14. Doug-H says:

Heck if Jack couldn’t tell, how could her crazy mother??? It is TV after all and we have to suspend belief once in a while…

15. GeekGirl13 says:

I can’t help but think ‘baby-napper’ alert every time I look at a picture of Grandma holding the new baby. So don’t want that storyline to happen!

16. Beth says:

Out of left field but I think Ashley is hooking up with Conrad and is his spy on Daniel! Just a theory I have as I watch the new season.