Nurse Jackie Exclusive: Rescue Me Firefighter Will Be Hot For Jackie In Season 5

Get More: Casting News, Exclusive

Adam Ferrera Nurse JackieEdie Falco’s love life is heating up on Nurse Jackie.

TVLine has learned exclusively that Rescue Me‘s Adam Ferrera is joining the Showtime dramedy’s Season 5 cast as a love interest for Falco’s titular nurse.

Ferrera’s character, who is an NYPD officer, will recur throughout the season.

Also checking into All Saints Hospital in Season 5 is Morris Chestnut. The American Horror Story alum will play a former Army medic who is hired as a trauma doctor.

Nurse Jackie is slated to return in early 2013.

Comments (19)

• An episode order would be gratefully appreciated…

Comment by Jarrod Mitchell – October 24, 2012 02:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • what is an episode order and why does this matter?

Comment by ohlala – October 25, 2012 12:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t believe how old Adam Ferrera is. I thought there was no way he could be playing a love interest for Edie, but he’s 46. Wow, seems like just yesterday he was on Caroline in the City.

Comment by Steven – October 24, 2012 02:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am crazy about Adam Ferrera. This is awesome!

Comment by Over the Moon! – October 24, 2012 04:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Omg!!!! Love love love Adam Ferrera! Great choice for Jackie’s love interest. I can’t wait for the new season to begin…….

Comment by Rose Marie Nozilo – October 24, 2012 05:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope this doesn’t take him away from Top Gear!!

Comment by Carrie – October 25, 2012 03:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cannot wait for Nurse Jackie to come back. And, I hope that we get to see 12 or 13 episodes next season instead of only the 10 we got in season 4.

Comment by Amy – October 26, 2012 03:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i thought it ended too soon, i can’t wait. this is the best hospital drama ever Season 4 rocked now this whoo hoo Nurse Jackie is the Best wayy bettr than Greys Anatomy phooy

Comment by so Fly – November 25, 2012 02:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree, Fly. Never liked Grey’s Crap Anatomy, in fact I was only able to suffer through one episode. McPlease, I cannot believe this show is still on the air after 9 seasons!

Comment by Amy – November 26, 2012 12:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ahhhh!!!! I seriously CANNOT wait for Season 5! I actually just stared watching Nurse Jackie last year. I watched season 3 “On Demand”, and was instantly hooked….pun intended! Season 4 was absolutely incredible. The acting and story’s lines can’t be beat. And I identify with nurse Jackie, being in recovery myself. I absolutely love this show…bravo!

Comment by Reneenay – January 6, 2013 09:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Speak for yourself asd, I care!

Comment by Amy – January 17, 2013 12:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A friend suggested I watch Nurse Jackie, got hooked after first episode of season 1. Watched the rest of the 4 seasons in 3 days. I CAN’T WAIT. The last episode when Cruz’s son dies blew me away. Beside Jackie, I love Zoey.

Comment by Trrevor – January 29, 2013 06:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally agree, Trrevor. Zoey is my most favourite character after Jackie!

Comment by Amy – January 29, 2013 07:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Does anyone know when it starts

Comment by Susan – January 31, 2013 08:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Susan, Nurse Jackie will be back Sunday, April 14, 2013 @ 9:00 PM.

Comment by Amy – January 31, 2013 11:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hello! I know this is kinda off topic however I’d figured I’d ask.
    Would you be interested in exchanging links or maybe guest authoring a
    blog post or vice-versa? My site covers a lot of the same topics as yours and I feel
    we could greatly benefit from each other. If you might be interested feel free to send me
    an e-mail. I look forward to hearing from you! Great blog
    by the way!