TVLine Items: Community Unveils Halloween-Themed Game, Arrested Adds Conan and More!

Still off the schedule and MIA, Community has found a way to remain in the hearts and minds of Human Beings everywhere: with an interactive game.

Created with clips from the quirky NBC comedy’s memorable Halloween installments, The Community Horror Picture Show is a choose-your-own-adventure-style video that allows you to cut together your very own horror-filled trailer. Which path will you take through the halls of Greendale? Press START below to find out.

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

• Will Arnett dropped by Conan on Tuesday night and revealed a juicy bit of Arrested Development casting news: “I don’t want to give away too much, but there are a few people on this stage tonight who are a part of it,” he teased. “And… it’s us,” he added, pointing at himself, O’Brien and right-hand man Andy Richter.

RELATED | Chris Diamantopoulos to Guest-Star on Arrested and Community

The Vampire Diaries has cast erstwhile Supernatural baddie Rick Worthy as Bonnie’s estranged father, TVGuide.com reports. He’ll first appear in Episode 10 of the current fourth season.

• TNT has a Halloween-season treat for Supernatural fans: a 24-hour marathon of the creepiest episodes from the first six seasons. The line-up kicks off Saturday, Oct. 27 at noon EST and includes the likes of “I Believe the Children Are Our Future,” “Dead Men Don’t Wear Plaid” and “Monster Movie.”

• Guys With Kids isn’t going anywhere just yet. NBC has ordered five additional scripts for the Jimmy Fallon-produced sitcom, per The Hollywood Reporter. Meanwhile, Ernie Hudson (Ghostbusters) has been cast as the father of Tempestt Bledsoe’s Marney, TVGuide.com reports.

RELATED | NBC Puts Animal Practice to Sleep, Replaces With Whitney

• Nia Long (Third Watch) and Larenz Tate (Rescue Me) have booked recurring roles in the upcoming second season of House of Lies (bowing Jan. 13). Tate will play the younger brother of Don Cheadle’s Marty, while Long joins as a former classmate and new foe for the leading man.

• F. Murray Abraham (Amadeus) will play a Russian gangster in an episode of NBC’s midseason Jekyll and Hyde-esque drama Do No Harm, EW.com reports.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

Comments (11)

• More Guys With Kids scripts? Gah!! And not in a good way! Just cancel it already and give the time slot to something good, like Community!

And I also want it known that I really wanted to like Guys With Kids. I thought it’d be one of my favorite new shows, and I like Jimmy Fallon. But after seeing the first few episodes, I know I’ll never watch another.

Comment by Eric – October 24, 2012 12:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gosh, I love Community. I wish they would bring it back already! And TNT is awesome for having a Supernatural marathon. I own all 7 seasons on DVD, but I’ll still watch it. :)

Comment by Mikaylah Roggasch – October 24, 2012 01:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • First Louie, then Homeland, now this new Jekyll and Hyde show. The totally awesome F. Murray Abraham is really getting around these days. Good deal, good deal. He was off the map for too long!

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – October 24, 2012 01:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I heard Community won’t be on NBCs schedule until sometime in January. Any truth to that?

Comment by lulu – October 24, 2012 02:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That sucks. I love AD but can’t stand conan

Comment by leah – October 24, 2012 02:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • omg take that stupid jimmy fallon show of the air and put community back on you suck nbc.

Comment by Taryn – October 24, 2012 03:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is a bad year for me, tv-wise, as Psych is not back yet — not til Feb, and I guess that means no Christmas episode again this year. Community is not back, yet. Fringe and Gossip Girl are ending. I started to like Animal Practice and they cancelled it (of course, I’m still mourning the cancellation of Rubicon!). And where is Smash already?

Comment by bobbie – October 24, 2012 03:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Here’s an idea. Instead of unveiling Halloween related games, why not unveil NEW COMMUNITY EPISODES already. I’m tired of waiting for the best show ever.

Comment by Kay – October 24, 2012 05:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Community.

Comment by Raksha – October 25, 2012 06:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Guys with kids is not that bad. Its better than Whitney that is for sure

Comment by greg – October 25, 2012 09:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I contacted nbc on their website and requested that they show 2 new community episodes tonight, october 26th, because cancelling the premiere last week offset the schedule of having their new halloween episode air the friday before halloween. so I think the halloween episode for season 4 is the second episode, so airing two new episodes tonight, oct. 26, instead of grimm, would allow that particular episode to air in time for the holiday , which is wednesday oct. 31st, in case nobody at nbc is counting.

Comment by chris – October 26, 2012 09:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post