Vegas, Elementary Receive Full Season Orders

Get More: News

CBS seems to like Vegas‘ odds.

The period crime drama, as well as the modern Sherlock Holmes tale Elementary, received full-season pickups from the Eye network Tuesday.

RELATED | Exclusive: Elementary Recruits Callie Thorne

In a statement, CBS Entertainment president Nina Tassler praised the dramas’ abilities to pull in viewers. “Vegas and Elementary have opened strong, delivering big audiences and winning performances in important time periods,” she says. “Each of the shows has rich characters, big stars and a unique visual style that have stood out in the crowd, helping make two of our strongest nights even stronger.”

RELATED | Exclusive: Breaking Bad‘s Jonathan Banks Joins Vegas for Multi-Episode Arc

Vegas routinely wins its Tuesday 10/9c time slot in both viewers and key demographics, and has improved on Unforgettable‘s audience by 8 percent in viewers. In The Mentalist‘s old spot Thursdays at 10, Elementary is up 17 percent in adults 18-49 and 10 percent in adults 24-54.

Tags: , ,

Comments (26)

• YAY Elementary!!

Comment by Nina – October 23, 2012 11:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m with you on that one. I love how Watson is a woman this time around. ;)

Comment by robinepowell – October 23, 2012 11:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am pleasantly surprised that Elementary is so entertaining. Glad it has a whole season go get more viewers.

Comment by tvfan – October 23, 2012 11:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree! The show has surprisingly sharp writing. In most procedurals, I figure out who the killer is in the first fifteen minutes (or less). But the cases in Elementary have managed to keep me guessing!

Comment by DL – October 23, 2012 11:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes! Love this show. I know a lot of people gave it a hard time before it premiered. Jonny Lee Miller’s performance is a pleasant surprise. Happy I get to see more of it.

Comment by Lena120 – October 23, 2012 12:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Elementary introduced me to BBC Sherlock, and for that I am forever grateful. I will watch every episode of Elementary ever in thanks.

Comment by Stephanie – October 23, 2012 04:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LOVE Elementary.

Comment by dane – October 24, 2012 04:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That’s great! I really like both these shows. Great for CBS

Comment by Dineen – October 23, 2012 11:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeah! Two really good shows! Was afraid for Vegas which is really too good for a freshman drama – lacking the “fireworks” of new series but the writing, acting, etc are excellent. Elementary was a little annoying but I am getting used to it and liking it much more than I did the pilot

Comment by Missy Kelly – October 23, 2012 11:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m not loving Elementary, but it’s the best in it’s time slot.

Comment by Templar – October 23, 2012 01:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I haven’t been watching Vegas, but I’m really enjoying Elementary. I’m a fan of the BBC version as well, and was pleasantly surprised how different but refreshing the newer incarnation is.

Comment by Mikaylah – October 23, 2012 11:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay for Vegas. Jury’s still out on Elementary in my house. Last week was sooo boring we turned it off.

Comment by wrstlgirl – October 23, 2012 11:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A much better start of the season then last year. All my favorites renewed. Homeland, Vegas, Elementary and as my “CW dessert” Arrow. Now give me an early “Revolution” renewal so I can keep watching. (NBC finally has a winner, don’t blow it!!).

Comment by William G. – October 23, 2012 11:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Um,sorry to break this to you,but Homeland is the only one,which received a renewal, The others just got a back 9 order,which means, there will be 22 episodes,instead of 13. But I agree, all of these shows are very good,and entertaining,and I want them too,to receive a renewal…

Comment by Greg S. – October 23, 2012 12:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • These are the only two new shows of the season that I’ve stuck with, so yay for them!!

Comment by Elizabeth – October 23, 2012 11:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So happy about elementary :-) last weeks episode was excellent the twist at the end was just genious..

Comment by :-) – October 23, 2012 11:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good decision by CBS, and it is also indicative of how bad things really are for Broadcast. Vegas averages a 2.0 and Elementary is heading there as well. Clearly a 2.0 is the new standard for 10PM

Comment by eridapo – October 23, 2012 12:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great knews for Elementary! It has really surprised me. I honestly had no expectations. I checked it out on a whim and really enjoyed it. The cast meshes well and the writing has gotten better with every episode.

Comment by Blake – October 23, 2012 12:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like how CBS spins the numbers. Both shows aren’t doing well with 18-48 year olds. Bring back the Mentalist on Thursdays! CBS is killing a good show for a piss poor remake of a Literary classic!

Comment by JWB – October 23, 2012 12:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • yay for both!! love Elementary and Vegas :)

Comment by Elyse – October 23, 2012 12:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “Vegas and Elementary have opened strong…” She is kidding, right? This Elementary is up from what The Mentalist was pulling is kinda tricky. I mean, the series premiere of Elementary pulled in more viewers than the season finale of The Mentalist, but the third episode of Elementary had lower ratings than the season finale of TM. See, a bit hard to compare.

Comment by Danie – October 23, 2012 12:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Neither of them have lit the ratings on fire. I don’t see a second season for either of them. The Mentalist was doing a lot better than Elementary and they are basically ruining the show on Sunday night. Elementary is severely lacking in every department. Its off my schedule now. Anyway, go Vegas!

Comment by GK – October 23, 2012 12:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I forgot to add, after the season it’ll be clear that The Mentalist would have had better ratings that Elementary. Its a new show with only 3 episodes and the numbers are bloated right now.

Comment by GK – October 23, 2012 12:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Reblogged this on iwatch2much.

Comment by nguber – October 23, 2012 01:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Enjoying both shows, glad to see back orders.

Comment by melliemd – October 23, 2012 11:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post