Vegas, Elementary Receive Full Season Orders

CBS seems to like Vegas‘ odds.

The period crime drama, as well as the modern Sherlock Holmes tale Elementary, received full-season pickups from the Eye network Tuesday.

RELATED | Exclusive: Elementary Recruits Callie Thorne

In a statement, CBS Entertainment president Nina Tassler praised the dramas’ abilities to pull in viewers. “Vegas and Elementary have opened strong, delivering big audiences and winning performances in important time periods,” she says. “Each of the shows has rich characters, big stars and a unique visual style that have stood out in the crowd, helping make two of our strongest nights even stronger.”

RELATED | Exclusive: Breaking Bad‘s Jonathan Banks Joins Vegas for Multi-Episode Arc

Vegas routinely wins its Tuesday 10/9c time slot in both viewers and key demographics, and has improved on Unforgettable‘s audience by 8 percent in viewers. In The Mentalist‘s old spot Thursdays at 10, Elementary is up 17 percent in adults 18-49 and 10 percent in adults 24-54.

1. Nina says:

YAY Elementary!!

2. Dineen says:

That’s great! I really like both these shows. Great for CBS

3. Missy Kelly says:

Yeah! Two really good shows! Was afraid for Vegas which is really too good for a freshman drama – lacking the “fireworks” of new series but the writing, acting, etc are excellent. Elementary was a little annoying but I am getting used to it and liking it much more than I did the pilot

4. Mikaylah says:

I haven’t been watching Vegas, but I’m really enjoying Elementary. I’m a fan of the BBC version as well, and was pleasantly surprised how different but refreshing the newer incarnation is.

5. wrstlgirl says:

Yay for Vegas. Jury’s still out on Elementary in my house. Last week was sooo boring we turned it off.

6. William G. says:

A much better start of the season then last year. All my favorites renewed. Homeland, Vegas, Elementary and as my “CW dessert” Arrow. Now give me an early “Revolution” renewal so I can keep watching. (NBC finally has a winner, don’t blow it!!).

• Greg S. says:

Um,sorry to break this to you,but Homeland is the only one,which received a renewal, The others just got a back 9 order,which means, there will be 22 episodes,instead of 13. But I agree, all of these shows are very good,and entertaining,and I want them too,to receive a renewal…

7. Elizabeth says:

These are the only two new shows of the season that I’ve stuck with, so yay for them!!

8. :-) says:

So happy about elementary :-) last weeks episode was excellent the twist at the end was just genious..

9. eridapo says:

Good decision by CBS, and it is also indicative of how bad things really are for Broadcast. Vegas averages a 2.0 and Elementary is heading there as well. Clearly a 2.0 is the new standard for 10PM

10. Blake says:

Great knews for Elementary! It has really surprised me. I honestly had no expectations. I checked it out on a whim and really enjoyed it. The cast meshes well and the writing has gotten better with every episode.

11. JWB says:

I like how CBS spins the numbers. Both shows aren’t doing well with 18-48 year olds. Bring back the Mentalist on Thursdays! CBS is killing a good show for a piss poor remake of a Literary classic!

12. Elyse says:

yay for both!! love Elementary and Vegas :)

13. Danie says:

“Vegas and Elementary have opened strong…” She is kidding, right? This Elementary is up from what The Mentalist was pulling is kinda tricky. I mean, the series premiere of Elementary pulled in more viewers than the season finale of The Mentalist, but the third episode of Elementary had lower ratings than the season finale of TM. See, a bit hard to compare.

14. GK says:

Neither of them have lit the ratings on fire. I don’t see a second season for either of them. The Mentalist was doing a lot better than Elementary and they are basically ruining the show on Sunday night. Elementary is severely lacking in every department. Its off my schedule now. Anyway, go Vegas!

• GK says:

I forgot to add, after the season it’ll be clear that The Mentalist would have had better ratings that Elementary. Its a new show with only 3 episodes and the numbers are bloated right now.

15. melliemd says:

Enjoying both shows, glad to see back orders.