First Look: Once Upon a Time Reveals Emma's Past -- and Henry's Father?

Once Upon a Time pulls back the curtain on Emma Swan in Season 2’s sixth episode, and we’ve got a sneak peek at her criminal past, involving a mysterious-but-familiar stranger — who is also Henry’s father?!

RELATED | Once Upon a Time Recap: Crocodile Rocked! Plus, Is That [Spoiler] in the New Promo?!

In “Tallahassee,” airing Nov. 4 (ABC, 8/7c), Snow White and Prince Charming’s offspring encounters a fellow thief (Michael Raymond-James’ mystery man, who was seen in New York City in the premiere). But instead of getting into trouble, he wants to make an honest woman out of the lawbreaker. Could his plan involve starting a family, setting her off on a path to Storybrooke? (Once co-creator Eddy Kitsis did tell TVLine the episode would reveal the identity of Henry’s pops.)

Check out the gallery below, and then hit the comments with your thoughts/theories.

1. DL says:

They make a hot couple! I really hope MRJ turns out to be both Henry’s father and Baelfire.

• wordsmith says:

I like how that would make Charming and Rumple Henry’s two grandfathers (and Hook his quasi-step-grandfather) – talk about a complicated family tree!

• Evelyn says:

Well Regina is Henry’s adopted mother and step-grandmother.

• Templar says:

She is not Henry’s step grandmother. King Leopold died years before Snow met Charming. She was no longer Snow’s step mother when Henry was born.

• Mics says:

Regina was legally married to King Leopold. So yeah she’s still Snow’s stepmother and Henry’s step-grandmother in a sense.

• gordon says:

sorry to be pedantic. no youve got me i love being pedantic but regina is henrys step great grandmother if there is such a relationship.

• kelsey says:

actually his great-step-mother because regina is snow white’s step mother, and snow white is emma’s mom, which makes regina emma’s step-grandma and snow white henry’s grandmother, then regina would be henry’s great-step grandmother.

• Pearl says:

One thought, what if this guy is actually the big boy who made August leave Emma on the foster parents house? And August told him everyyhing about Fairytale land, and the curse, and Storybrooke, and somehow, he became obsesessive with the story and tried to colect things that linked him with thar fairytale land, what would make him cross paths with the “savior”?

2. David L says:

I will admit I am slow so this might have been mentioned. I love how the former Lost people had an episode call Man from tallahassee which talked about long cons. Now we have our Tallahassee episode which include more confidence men.

3. Gleek says:

Yes!!! I really want him to be Baelfire as well as Henry’s father!!!

4. Tracey says:

Could be fun to see Emma’s life before Storybrooke. Plus bringing Michael Raymond-James into the mix. (I so miss the short lived series Terriers) Any chance he is related to Rumplestiltskin/Mr Gold? Or just a mysterious man and another character connected to Storybrooke?

5. Is there any doubt left that Henry’s dad is Baelfire?

• Julie says:

I still have my doubts. Especially the stronger being Baelfire because the stranger knows someone in SBL since he got the postcard with the word “broken”.

• DL says:

I think the person who sent the postcard is Booth AKA Pinocchio!

• Templar says:

If the mystery man is Baelfire and August sent the card, could Bael be one of the people August ran around with through the years before he came to Storybrooke?

• Catmom says:

Booth couldn’t have sent it, cuz on that episode, or the one after, it showed his eyes were just then changing back to real. I don’t think he would have been able to send a postcard.

• Julie says:

*stranger

• melliemd says:

Yes, there is. Rumple is 300 years old, which means that approximately 240 years have passed since Baelfire used the magic bean to leave him. So Baelfire would either be dead, or he went some place else… Like Neverland, and is Peter Pan.

• Jesse says:

This is technically (at least by Once Upon a Time story convention standards) untrue. The ability to jump to different realms/worlds/dimensions involves not just the traveling through space, but also time. Baelfire jumped to our world independent of “the curse” — therefore he arrived here at his own unique point in time. So, though Baelfire might have originally left Fairtytale Land 240-ish years ago, he might have arrived in our world slightly before, slightly after, or around the same time as Emma and Pinochio travelled here in the wardrobe.

Also, traveling to our world independent of “the curse” is why Baelfire, Pinochio, and Emma are subject to different rules that those in Storybrooke affected by the curse (ie they can seemingly come and go past the town line as they please without negative repercussion, although this remains to be seen with Baelfire).

6. Maris says:

he can still be Bae, right?

7. veronic says:

Bae has to be Peter Pan, not Henry’ father

• Joe Smith says:

Who says Bae isn’t Peter Pan AND Henry’s father? Could be Neverland was his first stop on the way to our world…?

• Korey King says:

because the blue fairy told bae that it was sending them into a land with no magic, which is why he wanted to go, making his dad no longer the dark one. Neverland is full of magic therefore bae cant be peter pan.

• I agree with Korey on this one because Neverland has got magic there fairies and pixie dust mostly. I also never thought Peter Pan was Baelfire at all when people are saying this because of that reason only of no magic thing and this world is no magic expect in Storybrooke only.

8. eridapo says:

The episode title is another link to Lost… (The Man from Tallahassee).

9. Does the timeline synch for Bae to be Henry’s father? When Snow was a child, Gold was already Rumple, meaning that it had been a considerable ammount of time (maybe two decades) before Emma was born that Bae left fairytale land through the portal. If like Pinocchio he aged in normal time, that means that he would be considerably older than Emma when she and Pinocchio made the trip to the real world.

• JustPassingThrough says:

This is exactly what I thought, sir. Thank you! I appreciate that people want him to be Bae but there is a large gap of time there that needs to be accounted for in that case.

• beej says:

Who’s to say that when you cross over the portal into our world you necessarily end up in a chronological time? Someone crossing over 20 years after Baelfire may arrive in 20 years later in our time, or at the same time as crossed over, or even earlier? The majority of storybook folks all crossed at the same time because of the curse, but who knows when Baelfire and Emma ended up in their separate crossings.

Forgive me that I am not keeping notes on the mythology of the show if this theory has already been nixed in the previous episodes. It’s just one of those “portal crossing” plot points I was thinking about from an earlier news story I read on Deadline.

• I’m sure we can safely assume that time moves the same way in both realms. For instance, Mulan tells Aurora that time froze in the realm and then started back up again around the same time that Emma arrived in Storybroke (she didn’t say that last part exactly, I’m just extrapolating from what she said). Also, while the way the story was told placed the end before the beginning, clearly the scenes in Fairytale Land with Aurora, Mulan, and the Prince followed the ending with Snow and Emma falling into the portal. I didn’t take it to mean that effect preceded cause with them arriving in FTL before they fell into the portal, but took it just as the writer’s way of creating suspense.

I’m sure we can also take for granted that when Emma and Snow return to Storybroke it won’t be 20 years before or after they left, but it’ll be the right ammont of time since they left in both worlds.

• Loki says:

Only if Bae:Peter Pan:Henry’s dad.
      Just like Rumple:Dark One:Beast:Crocodile.
      Emma:Swan Princess:Alice:…?
      Cora:Queen of Hearts:..?

Metaphorically.

• Loki says:

I mean Emma is the Princess like in the Wild Swans.

• AL says:

Ugly Duckling, I always thought. Outcast, grew up in the wrong nest, turns out to be princess…

• geraldine says:

Yupp, Emma is the Ugly Duckling,obviously!! Sometimes i wonder who were her first foster parents. They gave her the last name Swan. Were they from FTL too and who gave her the “Swan-symbol” necklace? I have the feeling she had more contact with former FTL character as she expected ;)

• The portal took Bae to a place without magic. It couldn’t have been Nevernever Land since that place is full of magic. It had to have been our world. How could he be Peter Pan?

• “Cora was actually the miller’s daughter from the original fairy tale of Rumpelstiltskin” http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Once_Upon_a_Time_characters#Cora

• Josh says:

dont you see. Peter was an orphan that tinkerbell found and brought to neverland RIGHT!!!! This would make bae peter pan (changed his name for obvious reasons). also when the curse started peter(bae) was here in our world causeing him to stay and age. making him only slighly older then emma, 10 years isnt that bad.

• Most versions of the Peter Pan story say that he was a boy born in the 18th Century who Tinker Bell took to Never-ever Land. Are you proposing that Bae came over to the real world that far ago and then Tinker Bell took him to Never-ever Land, then the curse brought him back to the real world? It gets kindda unnessarily complicated, doesn’t it? Too much back and forth between realities.

• Julie says:

Yes, but Cora can still be the Queen of Hearts, and I think she is. People have multiple identities on the show.

• Josh says:

yes i would propose that. OUAT makes so many connections between these stories it would tie it all together rather nicely. Tinkerbell finds him, he doesnt age. hook and him fight (hook learns he is rumples son), when visiting our world the curse arrives and he can no longer go back to neverland making him age, thus he gets the post card telling him its broken. it gives the writers alot of story to tell while keeping it within a tight circle of main stories. i mean why would he get/understand the postcard if he didnt have some understanding of what happened and have a direct link to it all.

• DL says:

I think this is a pretty good theory! Also, nobody really wants to see Bae turn out to be the same age as Rumple/Gold, do they? It makes a much better contrast if he’s younger, and this is the only way I can think of to make that timeline work.

• it’s far too complicated. he comes here, he goes back there, then he comes back here again… simplify it.

• Lily says:

But, if Bae is Peter Pan and Henry’s dad, then Emma should be Alice, right?

• Templar says:

JMO It doesn’t matter because he may have emerged anywhere along the time line. He may have popped out when Emma was 10. He may have been a foster kid in the same home with her. They may have run from that home together and got separated. [She is Rapunzel after all.] It’s all spec at this point.

10. hmofan says:

wow Emma new outfit!!!!

11. Pearl says:

Nah, it’s not Bae. This guy was the one who got our (then) sweet Emma on jail, after that, she dedicated her life to get men like him delivered and sealed. Could be Henry’s father, but I ‘d find odd the giving so much so early on. But based on those photos, I could say that the guy is defintely a thief, or a con man, that makes me think: Alladin, Ali Baba, don’t recall no one more. x.x

12. Alex says:

Will we ever find out what happened to August?

• he is alive in puppet form showed him blinking a couple of episodes ago and when geppetto went to find him he was already gone

• He might went back to normal self too we didn’t see him being in a puppet form expect that one time at the beginning of that episode. I wish they went back and show some more back story of August. There is so much loose ends on that because I wish Emma and him get together than getting her and Captain Hook (to me August is way better looking than Hook and he care about Emma more despite he sort of left her when she was a baby and he was trying to make amends to Emma too). Plus I thought when they show these pictures a few weeks ago I was thinking this was from Emma past (mostly of the glasses and maybe this guy was Henry father too).

13. In what scene did this guy appear in the premiere?

14. Jen says:

Bae could still be Henry’s father…but only if he is also Peter Pan. Assuming that the portal Bae initially went through sent him to Never Never Land, he could have stayed there, not aging, for hundreds of years before finding a way to the real world pre-curse (Tinkerbell?) as he did in the actual fairy tale. Also, that would make a lot of sense of why Captain Hook was always trying to kill Peter Pan (to get revenge on Rumpel, assuming he put two and two together and figured out Bae’s true identity once he got to NNL).

• Jen says:

Now that i’m thinking about it, this almost has to be the case…I mean Rumple was trying to leave Storybrooke in order to go out and find Bae, which implies that he assumes he is still alive. How could that possibly be if Bae wound up in the real world the first time he went through a portal? Surely Rumpel realizes that as soon as something goes to the real world it starts to age, and he can do enough math to realize that would make Bae like 275 years old, and therefore dead. I’d assume the writers also realize this, and are going to make bae Peter Pan as a way to explain how he could not age for over 200 years so a to fit the storyline…I mean there is no way they’re not going to introduce him as a character at some point.

• Nancy says:

That was one of my theories as well though if he did happen to be Peter Pan that means that Hook did not come to Neverland for awhile after Bae arrived considering the fact that Rumple was the dark one when he cut off Hooks hand which was awhile after Bae disappeared. Also, the land Bae disappeared to had no magic. Considering there is a fairy named Tinkerbelle and he can fly, it makes me think that Neverland does in fact have magic.

15. Gwen says:

Wait…if Bael is Henry’s father, wouldn’t that make Rumple/Gold Henry’s other grandfather? My head hurts…

16. Martin says:

No more OUAT episodes without the 3 leading ladies, make them promise TVLine. Great and all that they are adding new series regulars but not if it sacrifices numbers of episodes the leads are in to afford it.

• mia says:

Agreed! I like the stuff in the Enchanted Forest with Aurora and Mulan (cause we’re still getting a bunch of badass ladies)….but in Storybrooke its just dull without the leading ladies (except Red, she’s awesome).
      But the show was built on its female characters….it can’t deviate from that for risk of losing the audience. Its why I love the show.

• geraldine says:

I missed all the Ladys as well, it was not the same and i miss the Emma / Regina interaction. I don`t ship SwanQueen, but their interactions were highly, helluva entertaining to watch :)

17. one thing I still don’t get. Herny clearly aged in real time from the moment Regina adopted him till now… but what about the other children and people in Storybroke? They didn’t age, they were stuck in time. didn’t it seem weird to anyone that this kid kept getting older? didn’t it seem weird to him that they others didn’t? kids like Hansel and Gretel and Jefferson’s daughter have been the same age for 30 years.

18. Abby says:

I think the stranger can be the White Hare from Alice in Wonderland or Robin Hood.

• AL says:

Thief = Robin Hood? Could be. I had been thinking White Rabbit based on clues from the season premiere, but I’ll have to take another look.

I had also been thinking Henry’s father was Peter Pan, but NOT Bae.

19. A.B. says:

Michael I know right how did the others not see Henry aging. I guess the writers will just glaze over that. Now I don’t know where some of you have seen that Gold has been Rumple for 200 years but we know for sure that he is at least older then Regina because in a past episode he said he held her when she was a baby. Which brings to mind that Cora is the millers daughter who was suppose to give Regina to Rumple but didn’t. On a side note I was looking on IMDB and I noticed that Regina’s last name is Mills which could be short for millers that kind of seals it to me that Cora is the millers daughter. That word play by the writers like with August Wayne Booth whose initials are A.W.B. or A Wooden Boy, Pinocchio. I would like to think that Henry’s father is Bae because it would be hard to explain to some ordinary joe “Hey we have a kid my mom is Snow White and my dad is Prince Charming and my step-grandma is the Evil Queen and all these people are storybook characters”. But I’m not convinced this is Bae yet. I can’t wait.

• good point about Rumple holding Regina when she was a baby. That means that the scene with Bae could have been set much farther back than 20 years. We take Regina’s age into account, not Snow’s.

20. JD says:

Ok, maybe it’s just me, but if this is Baelfire, wouldn’t he be like 60 years old? I mean he was like 12 when he got thrown in the portal, plus 28 years for the curse, Regina growing up (so like 10 years there) and all that other time in between with Belle, etc. Anyone else or just me?

21. B says:

This is just a theory but this is also the episode that August comes back in and if the mystery man(who is named Neal cassady) is Henry’s father and possibly Bae or some other fairy tale character maybe he and August/Pinocchio know one another. That could be where the postcard came from. And with all the aging arguments, I really dont think that’s a big deal in this show because Regina was an adult when snow was a child too and she appears to not have aged at all. The mad hatter was also an adult when snow was a child too as evidenced in the preview for the doctor because he was helping Regina save Daniel so I’m starting to think everyone just ages extremely well! Hahahahaha

22. Rebu says:

I can´t stand Jennifer Morrison. Such a bad actress and boring specimen. Give me any other actress or character from the show anytime and keep her away from me.

23. MP says:

Okay, so what I think is that there is always a connection between the flashbacks and present day Storybrooke or Enchanted Forest so, what I’m thinking is that b/c “Tallahassee” is about Emma searching a magic compass with Hook to the giant’s “home”, the flashback will therefore tell the story of some other character (other than Emma) directly or indirectly, having mentioned that, I think that MRJ is Jack from Jack and the Beanstalk and also Henry’s dad.

24. B says:

I completely understand the argument about Bae being really old but one of the main storylines this season is rumple finding his son in the world he as sent to. And if he did get sent through chronologically in time with fairy tale land he would be dead! And that would be the very abrupt end of that storyline so I’m thinking when he was sent through that portal he landed in a future time closer to the time when Emma was a child maybe. The whole storyline could turn into a destiny thing. I could possibly see this show doing something like that. Or I could be completely wrong but it’s something to think about.

25. geraldine says:

This Dude is obviously the guy from the premier and he knew about the curse. I´m wondering now, could it be that Emmas entire life was sabotaged, manipulated and she was part of a superior plan only to break the curse!? It is awfully sad,Poor Emma :(((
    Resulting Question, is Henry kinda an accident or planned (by others) too?
    Final conclusion, i hope Henrys father is not Bael.

26. A.B. says:

Completely agree that Emma’s life has been manipulated. I think Rumple has always been 50 moves ahead of everyone else. How could he make it the Regina adopted Henry when he can’t leave SB. He has to have outside help. How would they know about Henry in the first place? I think this new guy might have helped Rumple. Everything Rumple has done was to find his son. So then this new guy can’t be Bae if this is true

• geraldine says:

The problem is : Adam Horrowitz stated that Rumple had no memory of his former Rumple-self before Emma arrived in Storybrooke, thus he can`t be the guy behind all that. There is got to be someone else who knew about Emma and her true identity/destiny beside Rumple,IMO

• Templar says:

Maybe Regina was the one keeping tabs on Emma. She always had her memory. Maybe when she learned about Henry she had Gold facilitate the adoption. We know that contact with the outside world was possible because Henry searched for Emma on the computer and Kathryn applied to school in Boston and was accepted.

• xav says:

Why would she bring the child of someone who was supposed to defeat her? Why would she give Emma ANY reason to come to Storybrooke, no matter how remote?

• Tara says:

Control. If she knew Emma was the savior she may have thought she could control Emma when the time came by controlling Emma’s child.

27. Mary says:

I don’t think he’s Bae, but I do think he’s Henry’s father.

• Jared Kroto says:

in the newest cast photos of the characters having a BBQ- the writers alluded to a BIG clue in the picture- henry is dressed as robin hood- or a smaller version of robin hood- hence his son?
      emma said henrys father was a troubled man- a thief? stole from the rich – gave to the poor- Robin HOOD!- also maybe rumple sent tinkerbell to find bae and take him to neverland- so he would never age until they were reunited- as previously stated HOOK hates peter pan- and neverland is full of orphaned Lost BOYS- which is what bae is!- what do you think?

28. Jennifer says:

I honestly can’t think of anyone else it could be but Bae! It would make the most sense.. But then again we all know how much the writers LOVE twisting everything! No matter what this show keeps getting better and better and better!!!

29. nick1372 says:

Emma’s past + Jorge Garcia appearance = AWESOMENESS!!!

30. One reason to believe that the man in question is Bae is because of his connection to Storybroke and that thus far Bae is the only fairy tale character who has been established to have traveled to the real world before anyone else did as a result of the course… concluding that he is Bae, however, is merely an assumption reached through the facts presented thus far. if those facts change, so would the conclusion… for instance, has anyone considered that he himself may not be Bae but Bae’s grandson?

• Templar says:

Whomever he is in people terms, I still think he’s the White Rabbit from Wonderland. Because the rabbit can travel between worlds. Down the rabbit hole.

• what theory do you have to explain his ability to be outside Storybroke? Given that he is human and not a rabbit, it stands to reason that if he was the White Rabbit he came to our world through the curse and not through his own means, and that the curse made human the same way it made Jimminy human.

• Templar says:

No, IMO he came to our world from Wonderland. Nothing to do with the curse. If he had come due to the curse, he’d be in SB. Remember, The White Rabbit came to our world and lured Alice into Wonderland. And maybe, he couldn’t get into SB until the curse was lifted because he’s not from Fairytale as August is. He’s from Wonderland.

• I don’t think Alice is from our world. She must be from somewhere within FTL since she herself is a fairy tale character.

• Templar says:

I’m speaking of the way the original Alice is written by Lewis Carroll. She is a perfectly ordinary little girl until she follows the rabbit.

31. LisaS says:

I’m beginning to think that Emma’s mystery man could be Rumplestiltskin’s/Mr Gold’s son Baelfire. It would not surprise me in the least if that was the case.

I’m enjoying seeing Emma in Fairytale Land aka The Enchanted Forest with her mother Snow. I’m equally enjoying seeing Emma’s father Prince Charming bonding with his grandson Henry. In Lady Of The Lake we saw Emma finally accept Snow as her mother and in turn start to bond with her. But I would like to see either Emma & Snow make their way back to Storybrooke or Charming and Henry make their way to the Enchanted Forest.
    Either way we have yet to see Emma bond with her father Prince Charming.

If Emma’s mystery man turns out to be Rumole’s son I don’t see Charming/David being very happy about it nor do I see him and Snow being happy if Emma & Hook get together either.

32. Mike says:

Here’s my theory. This guy is Henry’s father, Bae, and Peter Pan all rolled into one. And because he was transported from Fairytale Land before the curse, he remembers and knows a lot. I bet Emma knew of the curse ahead of time and was playing dumb (for some reason I don’t know yet), and that she was the one that sent the postcard.

“Broken” really meant “Mission Accomplished.”

• A.B. says:

No I can’t see that beign true because then Emma would be cold and heartless to know about the curse and where her son was and not go there before hand. She was truly shocked by it all and still is.

• Mike says:

Nope, I doubt it, but maybe this guy was the first person to try and tell Emma about the curse but he failed, but she though he was crazy.

33. Mike says:

I really hope he is not both Bae and Henry’s father, not that I hate the idea, I just would prefer them separate.

34. Patti says:

I love Emma. I can see and buy Jennifer M as 28 but Emma had Henry when she was seventeen. She can’t play 17, neither can the fellow thief. Although I do believe he is Henry’s dad and Baelfire.

If Peter Pan comes on to the show, I still want him to be a kid in present day.

35. Jailyn says:

Robin Hood. The fact that he’s a thief makes me think of Robin Hood…

36. Figgy says:

Finally an Emma centered episode I have been missing her and Snow but I appreciate the way the writers are doing things, it is an ensemble cast.

• Patti says:

I like that it’s emma centered too but really love when the treated it as an ensemble too

• Rebu says:

An Emma centered episode is the worst idea ever. She is ok when the rest of the cast saves the show but i don´t think i can stand 45 minutes watching this woman with her annoying voice, her botoxed face and her one facial expression.

• Janaelle says:

I`ve loved Emma Swan/Jennifer Morrison since day one. I fell in love with her from the moment she appeared on screen in ONCE. I am so glad that we are going to find out a back story. Curious about the mysterious guy and if he has a hidden agenda. We know he has some connection to Storybrooke since someone sent him the postcard letting him know the curse is broken. So were his actions the first steps in breaking the curse?

BTW: Jennifer looks cute with these nerdy glasses :)

37. Josh says:

The biggest problem with this guy being Henry’s father is that he doesn’t look anywhere near 18…he looks like he’s in his 30s…now to be fair Jennifer doesn’t look like she’s 18 here either…So can this really take place before she got pregnant? If not, then this episode is creepy…haha

38. Confused says:

So Rene could be Emma’s past love and Pinocchio could be her future one (since I hear he’s in this episode and she’s supposed to have a love interest soon)? I mean, over Graham…the Huntsman? Just a guess that I hope isn’t right. Or worse…a triangle! If they can’t bring back Graham then I really think Mad Hatter would have been the better option. Great idea 1: Snow White’s daughter and the Huntsman. Great idea 2: Snow White’s daughter and the Mad Hatter where she would play an Alice like role. OR these options I just don’t get. Here’s the options for Emma if she were on a dating show! Door Number one: Pinocchio who can at any time turn back into wood. Door Number Two: Rumpelstiltskin’s (the baby stealing, gold spinning crocodile) son. OR Door Number Three: The sexy, tortured Irish huntsman. Hmmm. Which door would I choose? I suppose mystery guy could still be Baelfire and the Dad, but that’s still kind of a boring option to me. That all said, this is just me over-analyzing and I could be wrong!

• J says:

Confused, the writers already said that August and Emma have a brother and sister vibe so, unless they show us incest on the show, i don´t see it. I mean, they aren´t really brothers but the writers already said it won´t happen.

I´m glad i´m not the only one who thinks Bae being Henry´s dad is boring. C´mon, Rumpel´s lost son to be the savior´s baby dad. That´s kind of lazy.

• Jared Kroto says:

maybe he is the white rabbit- his mission was to find the right alice/emma- and tell her the story of her destiny – maybe she WAS told as a child- hence alice- or taken to wonderland – but thought it was all a dream- reginas mother IS the queen of hearts- her magic book had a heart on it- and she was pushed thru the looking glass to a land that rumple had little use for- and remember the queen wanted to know HOW jefferson got to wonderland- and made him go crazy making the hats for her- so she could get out- maybe we will see an episode of emma as a child going there- thru the rabbit hole

39. Anne says:

Can’t wait to find out who the guy really is (aside from Henry’s father). Also, those are som serious hipster glasses Emma is sporting

40. I think that Bae is Peter Pan and that he went to Neverland where he never grew old. But, he was also able to travel to our world to collect lost boys to bring back with him. I think that August eventually became a lost boy. I think that the kids he escaped from foster care with were lost boys recruited by Peter Pan. August then told Bae about the curse, and they eventually both left Neverland to grow up.

41. Lois not from fairy tale land says:

I love the show and I especially love the discussion this all ensues. Very interesting! I was wondering if Rumple was Regina’s real father……..hmmmm

42. Lisa Stevens says:

I have to wonder how Regina got Henry in the first place ? It wouldn’t surprise me if Rumple was the one who got Henry for Regina.

43. B says:

I’m starting to agree with the people who think he could be Robin Hood but is there anything in his apartment that alludes to that? Because there’s supposed to be a clue in there. With the cast picture though it does seem as though Robin Hood is Henry’s father.

44. PG says:

When Ariel the Little Mermaid came in Storybrooke? I want Ariel!

45. Kay says:

I hate to break it to anyone but Bae is not going to be peter pan.The magic bean that he used back in episode 19 of season 1 transports people to a land with NO MAGIC and Neverland has magic in it.

46. T.R. says:

Bae could still be Peter Pan because Peter had the ability to travel between worlds. Maybe Bae was looking for a way to get back to Fairy Tale Land and found Neverland instead. Would explain why he could be around the same age as Emma now and I think it would be a nice tie in with Hook since his parents have the connection with him.