Criminal Minds Sneak Peek: Reid Has a Mystery Woman — and She Has Seen His [Spoiler]

Get More: Video

Color us sufficiently intrigued.

This Wednesday on CBS’ Criminal Minds, Reid breaks away to make a phone call — not from the office, not from a land line and not from his cell, but from a (working!) pay phone — and the woman who answers is quite familiar to him… if nobody else (viewers included).

RELATED | Matthew Gray Gubler Teases a ‘Uniquely Done’ Criminal Minds Love Story, Reid Getting a Twin

This clip from the phone call scene sheds few clues, though there are some — namely about how long the two have been in touch, a hint at what brought them together in the first place and a nod to the lady’s own skills of observation. It is also revealed that Mystery Woman (who may or may not be played by guest star Heleya de Barros aka “ER Doctor”) has been intimate with Reid in a (ahem) very particular way.

When TVLine asked Matthew Gray Gubler about this storyline pre-season, all he would say is, “It’s very intriguing. I don’t know how to describe it. It’s a uniquely done story of love, I might say. Or maybe not.” He did confirm that Reid’s mystery woman is “someone new,” adding: “I think it’s going to be very well done. It arcs over a few episodes, and…. It’s interesting.”

Press PLAY here to check out the new girl for yourself:

Comments (24)

• Wonder if they are setting her up to be the one who is hunting the team…

Comment by msm43 – October 23, 2012 08:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I hope not. I would like Reid to have an occasionally mentioned romance that wasn’t based on her being a killer/stalker.

Comment by Renee – October 23, 2012 11:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • thats exactly what i was thinking

Comment by sailorearth23 – October 23, 2012 04:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Finally!! An explanation of SOME kind about Reid’s headaches and what happened to them! I cannot bear it when story lines are set up and then just left dangling. Sloppy, sloppy, writing and producing. Which is not to say, of course, that this is the END of the headaches storyline but at least it’s not just out there, somewhere, in space, driving those of us with too much time on our minds nutso.

Comment by the8tregirl – October 23, 2012 08:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Right? It’s like the clouds parted and a beam of sunshine spat out when she mentioned The Headaches.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – October 23, 2012 08:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • the headaches thing was supposed to be resolved in a storyline which involved jane lynch who plays reids mother but they started it before she was confirmed to appear, then she was blocked by her filming schedule for glee. it wasnt sloppy writing because they had a plan, its just that they were idiots and jumped the gun

Comment by Alan – October 23, 2012 12:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • ^^ Yeah, this. Apparently, it was all supposed to be in “True Genius” last year, but they couldn’t get Lynch, and asked Gubler if he wanted to wait. He said yes, wait. BTW, is it confirmed Heleya is playing the mysterious GF?

Comment by Blue Sunflower – October 23, 2012 05:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The mystery lady sounded like Parker from Leverage (Beth Riesgraf) to me….I suppose we will have to wait and see.

Comment by Lady K – October 24, 2012 07:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Thank you! I thought the exact same thing!

Comment by Samantha – October 24, 2012 08:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m so glad I’m not the only one who thought that…. I thought I was mishearing things.

Comment by Zig – October 25, 2012 12:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Thank you! That was driving me nuts trying to figure out where I’d heard her voice before!

Comment by Donna D. – October 29, 2012 08:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I thought the same thing! I recognized her voice but I was not sure! And for the few we saw her on “God complex”, I thought that was her! We’ll see! #LeverageLover ;)

Comment by Marie – November 3, 2012 07:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ME TOO I was like that is totally Parker from Leverage

Comment by Angela – November 7, 2012 05:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • well it is her lol, if you watch the resent episode they show her :)

Comment by kc – December 5, 2012 11:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • sounds like beth reiesgraf for sure

Comment by zain – October 25, 2012 07:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeah, I’m a Leverage fanatic and I’m 100% sure that she’s Beth Riesgraf.

Comment by Nicole – October 26, 2012 08:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I believe it is Beth Riesgraf of Leverage fame. The voice is so unique, as is the shape of her nose.

Comment by Doug – October 31, 2012 07:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When was the first episode with the new Rwid stiryline

Comment by Marie Gerken – October 31, 2012 10:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Season 8 Episode 4, “God Complex”

Comment by Marie W. – November 3, 2012 08:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeah. I also think it’s beth riesgraf. She has a very “distinctive” voice if you know what I mean ;)

Comment by Tami – November 5, 2012 09:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Don’t you just LOVE Parker(Beth Riesgraf)!!!

Comment by Jefferson – November 12, 2012 08:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • its Beth Riesgraf for sure

Comment by Gweindouline Melliza Tejada – December 5, 2012 05:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She’s clearly a voice in his head,schizophrenia setting
    In.