Showtime Renews Homeland For Season 3

Homeland Renewed Season 3The terrorists continue to win: Showtime has picked up Homeland for a 12-episode third season.

The news comes just hours after the Emmy-winning drama scored its most-watched episode ever; Sunday’s insane telecast attracted a series-high 1.75 million viewers.

RELATED | TVLine’s Inaugural Performer of the Week is Homeland‘s Morena Baccarin

“The Emmy wins for Homeland have certainly set the stage for a great second season,” said Showtime president David Nevins in a statement. “The writers, cast and crew of continue to create a remarkably entertaining and suspenseful roller coaster ride, growing audiences week after week. We can’t wait for our viewers to experience what unfolds through the rest of season two.”

1. jimbo says:

Good call!

2. Rrrrrr says:

I wonder what’s going to happen next season? I just mean that this season is going at such a fast pace that if they don’t wrap up this Brody plot by the end of the season, it’d be kind of a letdown. Maybe next season can be the hunt for Abu Nazir? Idk.

• Alex says:

The finale this year is called “The Choice”, maybe it’s about Abu Nasir’s death and Brody deciding who he REALLY is.I suppose he would choose to be a double agent and fight the battles with Carrie in S3.

• Alex says:

But this show is about CARRIE, so I could be wrong, maybe it’s about HER choice?

• Holly says:

I agree with Alex – Carrie has constantly battled with her love for Brody vs. love for country and I think this will come up again at the end of the season. I even saw a little smile she gave him as he was being taken down by the agents which made me wonder whether she sent him a little message….Though i could be wrong too. This is why Homeland is such a great show – so many questions, so many ifs and buts. I’m looking forward to the rest of this season and beyond.

3. Annemieke says:

Awesome!
    I’m really curious how they are going to move forward. because the pace is so fast.
    oh well, I thought the same near the end of the first season. and I haven’t been disappointed.

4. DL says:

I can’t believe they’ve gone where they have this season. I seriously thought that the developments of the past couple episodes were going to be part of the show’s endgame. That said, kudos to the writers for going there and not holding back. I’m a writer myself, and some of the best advice I’ve ever received was that if you have cool stuff planned, don’t hoard it. Don’t hold on to it. Just go there, and trust that you’ll come up with even cooler stuff for later.

• hedgema says:

You are so right. It’s a very important part of creative potential, to be able to make it become real. As for where they are taking the show, we can see already that Carrie is still far too impetuous to be able to work well with colleagues. I went from identifying with Carrie’s cry of validation to crying out in identifying with Carrie’s stupid blunder. Would you want a writer to act like Carrie did, to hold back nothing and thus err so precipitously, so unwisely?

5. steve says:

The way this season is going imo they have to wrap up the brody storyline. I’m not sure id enjoy another season with brody

6. Britta Unfiltered says:

I’m happy about the news, but I can’t imagine what they would do for a 3rd season at this point. But towards the end of the 1st season I felt the exact same way about the 2nd season, like, how are they going to pull this off? And they did, so I’m sure it will all come out fine.

• I feel the same way. I’m certain that if nothing happens to Brody this season, it’ll happen at the very beginning of next season. They just can’t sit on what they know about him anymore.

7. mitch says:

Can’t wait, hope nezir is target in third season, but carie and brody scenes are awesome!!! Claire Danes is tremendous.

8. Eliza says:

Woot!! The love I have for this show….

9. tvdiva says:

Hooray! This show is so good and so addictive.

10. Troy says:

I’m still pissed that Showtime decided to cancel The Big C. Homeland is a good show; don’t get me wrong, but we LOVE watching The Big C. I’m a 17 year cancer survivor, and the things everyone goes through really hits home.

• Doug-H says:

Big C has been renewed for a 4th and final season.. though a short run… I think that’ll be enough of that show frankly…

11. Jules says:

Great news!!! I’m hook & best show to end my sunday nights. :)

12. Sabrina says:

Great news. I love this show.

13. Amy says:

Yay! Absolutely love Homeland! :)