Ratings: 666 Park Ave Reverses Scary Downward Trend, The Good Wife Inches Up

Get More: Ratings

ABC’s entire drama lineup (including struggling freshman spooker 666 Park Avenue) enjoyed increases Sunday night, while CBS’ 60 Minutes and The Good Wife — both delayed an hour due to NFL overrun — jumped double digits week-over-week.

Captain Hook-powered Once Upon a Time registered gains of 3 percent in total viewers (to 9.7 million) and 10 percent in Adults 18-49 (to 3.3), while Revenge ticked up 4 percent in viewers (8.6 million) and 8 percent in the demo (2.8). 666 Park Avenue, which has seen its viewership decrease every week since its debut, rebounded 20 percent in the 18-49 (to a 1.8) and inched up 2 percent in total audience (to just under 5 million).

RELATED | ABC Orders More 666 Park Ave

On CBS, both 60 Minutes and The Good Wife benefited from the 56-minute football overrun, jumping 75 percent and 12 percent in the demo respectively. On the flipside, The Amazing Race dipped 12 percent, and The Mentalist (which didn’t start until laaaaaaate) dropped 25 percent.

Comments (35)

• I guess “666 Park Avenue” rose only because it aired along side “The Good Wife” and not “The Mentalist.” “Once Upon a Time” and “Revenge” are impressive.

Comment by Balaji K – October 22, 2012 10:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 666′s story is picking up. The ghosts are coming out. I really hope it makes it. I like the mystery. It’s a fun hour and it doesn’t require too much effort to follow along.

Comment by English – October 22, 2012 10:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed. Really liking the show. If it doesn’t get a second season, I really hope that Rachael Taylor gets the lead in another series because she’s amazing.

Comment by popculturewithkyle – October 22, 2012 10:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • She could be ABC’s Alex O’Loughlin. He headlined two canceled shows (Moonlight, Three Rivers), but CBS liked him enough to keep bringing him back and finally H5-0 turned out to be a decent hit. This is Taylor’s second ABC lead role, and if 666 doesn’t work out I wouldn’t be surprised to see what happened with O’Loughlin happen with her as well.

Comment by DL – October 22, 2012 11:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It has got potential to be great. I hope it doesn’t get axed.

Comment by Car – October 22, 2012 11:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • For me 666 Park Ave is like “American Horror Story Lite.” But that’s not necessarily a bad thing. I love horror, and it’s a pleasure to have two shows in the genre to watch. I appreciate that one is incredibly dark and heavily serialized, whereas the other has more of a procedural haunt-of-the-week element to it. It’s good not to have to take 666 as seriously as AHS. It provides a nice contrast and keeps me watching.

Comment by DL – October 22, 2012 11:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I really like this show too, hope they give it a chance, 10pm can be a hard timeslot!

Comment by Sherri – October 22, 2012 05:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • 666 Park Avenue is a great show. Despite rarely watching TV I have become hooked on 666 Park. The show is mysterious without being overly cliche. I hope it gets promoted better so that it’s viewership increases.

Comment by J.D.A. – November 12, 2012 08:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I CANT BELIEVE THEY CANCELED 666 PARK AVE. I DIDNT WANT TO WATCH IT BECAUSE THEY CANCELED DIFFERENT SHOWS. BUT I TOOK A CHANCE AND SURE AS CAN BE ABC CANCELS IT. ITS A GOOD SHOW GIVE IT A CHANCE MOVE IT TO SATURDAY THERE IS NOTHING TO WATCH ON SATURDAY

Comment by jay – November 24, 2012 06:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why no Good Wife recap?

Comment by Forwarddad – October 22, 2012 10:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sooooooo good for REVENGE and Once to go up! Last night, they both had really, really good episodes. 666 is definitely getting better since its pilot and I’m really enjoying it. It’s good to see if go up too. I hope Last Resort can do the same this week.

Really happy for Revenge and Once though. Best two hour block ever! Brilliant decision by ABC in my opinion.

Comment by iMember – October 22, 2012 10:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So basically, you’re saying that when people tuned in at 10 to watch “The Mentalist,” they either stayed with Good Wife or went over to 666 Park Avenue when it wasn’t on. That’s my take, anyway.

Comment by meem – October 22, 2012 10:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like 666, but love Last Resort (Thursdays)! Hope they both increase in ratings!

Comment by John – October 22, 2012 10:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So, how did Mentalist do with it’s near 11pm showing…

Comment by Daisy – October 22, 2012 10:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • NVM. Thx for the update.

Comment by Daisy – October 22, 2012 11:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is CBS going to re-air the delayed shows? I only got the first 30 minutes of the Mentalist and my internet is too slow to watch on line!!

Comment by Brigitte – October 22, 2012 10:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The NFL over run on CBS pushed everything back (except on the WC) and FOX’s NCLS is a dud. All the other Nets except ABC are going for dudes, so I’m not surprised by ABC’s ratings

Comment by eridapo – October 22, 2012 11:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m a dude and I think Revenge is f’in great tv. It could use a little more of her kicking people’s asses though.

Comment by Sg.Grant – October 22, 2012 05:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Once and Revenge were both highly entertaining last night. 666 is good, but the female lead is boring. More of Vanessa Williams and Terry O’Quinn.

Comment by MsCanary – October 22, 2012 11:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m glad 666 park went up. I got a feeling its going to get the ax. It usually happens to shows I enjoy. I’ve liked all the episodes so far, so I don’t know why people aren’t watching it. The mentalist??? Really?? I just don’t get it. Abc has the best line up on Sunday nights. My dvr is very busy as I do watch football but between abc and fox on sundays plus the walking dead there is just so much on.

Comment by n8dogg – October 22, 2012 11:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really like 666 Park ave! The cast is fantastic, the storyline is great!

Comment by sarah – October 22, 2012 12:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “The Good Wife” was excellent last night. I really can’t wait till Kalinda shows her ex the door-he is a controlling wretch. Ugh.
    OUAT was good last night, no TGW, but good. Great acting as usual on the parts of RC and LP, and GG did a great job as well.
    As for “The Mentalist”, I think we all saw that coming. It aired so late, I could barely keep my eyes open. But, CBS knew this when it put TM there, so I’m sure they’re taking that into account. It’s a great show with a loyal following and this season has been top quality thus far. Next week we get to see Jane meet Lisbon and the team for the first time and his first case. And soon after, the Lisbon arc and big strides forward in the Red John case. The show has taken it up a notch this year. Great work all around.
    Thanks for the ratings news, Ausiello. :)

Comment by Natalie – October 22, 2012 12:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Are you referring to Lana Parrilla and Ginnifer Goodwin? Because neither of them had any scenes in last night’s OUAT…

Comment by Lauren – October 22, 2012 02:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope Park Avenue can rebound because GCB was cancelled with better ratings.

Comment by Ana – October 22, 2012 03:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 666 park avenue is AWESOMEEEE :) don’t compare it to american horror story, because one’s network tv and one ‘s cable tv. THe producers themselves have said they focus more on the characters and the suspense, and last night’s episode was the best I’ve seen so far,. GOOD JOB:) glad it’s picking up

Comment by Kevin – October 22, 2012 03:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can someone tell me what happened to Rigsby’s baby momma? I didn’t watch last season and I’m trying to get back into it. She seems to be MIA. I’m just curious.

Comment by tp – October 22, 2012 03:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t recall them ever showing anything, but in this episode when his dad asked about her, Rigsby said something along the lines of ‘we had this case where I had to fake my own death and she wasn’t really crazy about that’ so they are having problems.

Comment by Walrus – October 23, 2012 09:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • She is cast to be back this season.

Comment by Jen – October 28, 2012 11:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The show is great…666 park ave had a great plot and actors…these big bosses are do eager to pull the plug onshows that are not producing right away…might I remind you of a show called Seinfeld…was going to be canceled the first season but they kept it and look it was the best comedy show of all time….

Comment by elvis – October 23, 2012 05:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 666 is the best new show that came out this year. I really hope they don’t cut it. Sunday night is a really hard sell especially during football season. I hope they give it a chance. Even The Mentalist lost ratings moving to Sunday so they can’t expect something new to have amazing ratings on Sunday.

Comment by Jen – October 28, 2012 11:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love 666 Park Avenue. It has just the right amount of suspense without being over the top. Vanessa Williams was the perfect pick for the wife. Very good show.

Comment by Bill – November 5, 2012 02:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post