Gossip Girl Hot Shots: Will Serena and Dan Find Love In an Elevator?

Gossip Girl will pay homage to one of its most memorable Season 2 scenes this November when the departing CW soap (seemingly) recreates Dan and Serena’s trapped-in-an-elevator break-up — but might the lift-lockdown actually save the former couple this time?

RELATED | Gossip Girl: Jenny and Eric Back For Finale?

Serena’s current beau, Steven, is nowhere in sight. And the exes do look rather cozy post- (or is it pre-?) elevator crisis. (Of course, astute Ask Ausiello readers know what’s really going on there.)

Meanwhile, Blair and Eleanor are spending some mother-daughter time working on their fashion line.

Check out the gallery from this season’s sixth episode and then hit the comments with your thoughts/predictions.

1. paula says:

I hope Dan and Serena end up together

2. Sam says:

Redoing Derena would be such backpedaling of character development in my opinion but this is gossip girl so that concept doesn’t really exist.

• When she chose Dan over Nate in season four, it was obvious they were endgame. I’d say this is backpedaling on Dan’s part since he’s spent the past two years in love with Blair but it’s pretty in line with Serena since she’s spent the past three years pining for him.

• Debbie says:

Exactly. It completely makes sense why Chuck and Blair would end up together. Their relationship was always there – they always yearned for each other, it was consistent. Dan and Serena however would be the biggest cop-out ever. Dan realized in Season 4 that he’s in love with Blair, and he hasn’t looked back ever since.

• Nora says:

I would hate for them to end up together, especially since Dan has been nothing but cruel to Serena for the last two seasons, which is fine he doesn’t owe her anything She deserves someone who cares about her, doesn’t judge her, and doesn’t call her a stupid attention whore.

3. Kira says:

NO NO NO!!!!!! Derena is not the way to go!!! Serenate all the way :) This final season is shaping up to be its worst yet *sigh*

4. Jase says:

I guess this means that Vanessa won’t be coming back.

• Will says:

Vanessa deserves a second chance given her horrible portrayal in S4. Regardless of what anyone says, I actually miss her friendship with Dan. If he can forgive Serena for nearly sabotaging his relationship with Blair then Dan can certainly forgive Vanessa (his best friend since he was a child) for what she did. The fact of the matter is Vanessa has always looked out for Dan’s long term interests.

• GG says:

Sooo agree. It’s a shame that they were such great friends and it all got screwed up because they both stuck their noses where they don’t belong; The upper east side. Why can’t vanessa just come back, her and dan stay in brooklyn forever, and Serena ends up with nate<3

5. Debbie says:

They’re kidding, right? Please no. I respected the writers for taking Dan and Serena in completely different directions post- Season 1 and it did both characters SO much good. They’re the best versions of themselves when they’re NOT together.

And have the writers completely forgotten that Dan had several chances to get back with Serena in Season 5? He didn’t do it because he’s not in love with her anymore. He loves Blair, who loves Chuck.

If the writers actually looked back on the episodes, they would see why Dan and Serena broke up in the first place, and why they stayed broken up.
    And don’t try to give me any of that “full-circle” crappy talk. If that applies to anyone, it’s Nate and Serena, given all the history they have and the connection they still share.

• Sara says:

THIS!!! Couldn’t have said it any better. I think people stopped believing in Dan/Serena a long time ago so I dont understand why the producers want to push this pairing down our throats. They couldnt be anymore incompatible.
      Serena and Nate on the other hand makes total sense. They bring out the best in each other in a way that no one else can compare.

It’s either Serenate or no one.

• fgsgwrg says:

SERENATE BETTER END UP TOGETHER. IF THEY SCREW THIS UP FOR US, EXPECT A PETITION TO BRING GOSSIP GIRL BACK JUST TO GET THE ENDING RIGHT.

• Kristen says:

Completely agree! Not to mention we all know Dan is just playing/using her. There’s no way that once that comes to light that Serena will want anything to do with Dan… I hope at least. I want Serena with Nate more than anyone can believe. I’m over Dan and Serena.

• Claire says:

I agree with this comment so much it hurts…*PREACH*

• Kristina says:

That may be true for Dan, but I think Serena was a better character when she was with him (minus the whole “I killed someone” coverup nonsense story. Not that I’m pulling for them to reunite.

• Maria says:

I’m not going to deny the cuteness that came with Derena back in S1, but I feel like Serena was at her best with Nate. Unlike Dan, Nate accepted Serena for who she was – both the good and the bad – which gave her the opportunity to truly be herself. The two brought out the absolute best in one another, hence why I’m still confused as to why the writers never gave these two a second chance.

6. Will says:

Ugh, the writers are incredibly ignorant. It’s like they don’t even watch their own damn show. Recreating Dan and Serena’s high school romance doesn’t erase the damage within their relationship. This only promotes regression instead of progression. How do they expect fans to buy the two “rekindling” their relationship given everything that has happened? Wasn’t Serena the one who filmed her and Dan sleeping together in order to spite Blair? Didn’t Dan publicly degrade her 2 weeks ago? Their obsession with Derena makes no sense at all…

7. Nora says:

I know they are going to end up together… but poor life decisions Serena. :/ Don’t go with the guy who thinks you are an idiot. And is your ex-step brother. And you share a blood brother with. And your parents were married. And judges you for pretty much everything. Look I like Dan but he is not good for Serena.

I’m doing a prayer circle that Carter shows up at the wedding goes ‘hey beautiful,’ and then runs off to Paris with her. Won’t happen but a girl can dream. Or Nate. She just seemed happier with them.

• Brandy says:

You took the words right out of my mouth just as I was about to type them,except the Carter or Nate part.The first part about Dan and Serena being former stepsiblings and sharing a blood brother and Dans been with Blair and I wouldn’t be surprised if Rufly also reunites at the end.

8. kayla says:

gossip girl writers are the worst writers ever. i mean, dan and serena AGAIN??? really? are they purposely trying to lose viewers and end the series with a low?

9. Claire says:

Nate and Serena were so happy together. The thing that annoys me the most is that they didn’t break up for a good reason, she said she really loved him but if they were ever to have a real chance then this was the only way. Then the writers never gave them another chance. That quote by Serena in 3×22 made me think they were endgame, it would seem right. But no. The writers prove their idiocy once again. (PS. I think the first comment I tried to leave wasn’t allowed…perhaps due to strong language)

10. Gabbie says:

I’m glad about this. I would have been pissed if the show ended any other way.

11. Fabrizio says:

Derena all the way! DS=endgame

12. Azerty says:

Am I the only one who want Dan and Georgina together in the end? I mean their relationship has been great in season 1,3,4 and 6. The russian husband was one of the worst idea ever for Georgina.

13. gc says:

So many pressed nsers?

14. gc says:

Dan and Serena look so pretty, I can’t wait.

15. Tinemi says:

I was willing to give this last season a chance, but as things are going, I think I’ll pass. The whole thing is a mess and getting Serena and Dan together is not a solution. I also wish that Serena ended with Nate and Dan with Georgina or even alone, as the Lonely Boy he is. Serena and Nate are perfect for each other: pretty, naive and snob.

16. katy917 says:

Did nobody bother to look up the hint within the link at last week’s AA column? Cuz to me it suggests that this is all a ploy by Dan and that he and Serena are not end game:

And the exes do look rather cozy post- (or is it pre-?) elevator crisis. (Of course, astute Ask Ausiello readers know what’s really going on there.)

17. gossip2010 says:

Dan and serena ? I think that’s a terrible idea, they’ve changed so much, derena was great in season one but after that, it was over
    Now Dan is treating her like crap (6×01) , and Serena tricked him last year to have sex with him
    This is so wrong, they’re not in love anymore
    In the other hand, I think that serenate would be awesome, they’re great together, and nate would finally have a descent girlfriend (He’s never really had a good love partner)

18. gary says:

Not really surprising Serena been back in love with Dan since she pick him over Nate in season 4 just Dan really hasnt felt the same way up till now it seems

19. Chalice93 says:

Derena get married in the finale, pics are all over the internet. GG started with Derena, and will end with Derena.

• Mikael says:

I wouldn’t be so quick to believe that, because Dawson’s Creek did it with Dawson/Joey appearing to get married and it turned out to be a dream.

20. onlyakb says:

I would be kinda of cool if Serena and Dan ended up together!!

21. Nana says:

forced much. ugh. serena should gtfo.

22. Erin says:

Oh gosh, this final season is a disaster…
    Literally no character development

23. Alex says:

Did they all drop out of college or something?

24. GossipGarbage says:

No More D-hurt-S-but-S-still-fancy-D-but-D-doesn’t-love-S stuff please!!! This relationship is already completely ruined and there is no more chemistry between S & D. Unlike Chair, although they have tough time, they have that “linkage” together most of the time. It’s so non-sense that the producers do not let Serena and Nate be together. Nate sees the bright and dark sides of S, but he loves both sides of her. But look at D, he keeps judging and he just loves THE Serena that lives in his imagination world, where she is a Saint. No one but the producers still ship S & D. That makes me doubt their sanity.

25. GossipGarbage says:

The Gossip Girl producers have lost their brains somewhere else.

26. ac says:

Everyone who has been watching gosdip girl from the begining. ..Nows who Nate is in love with….and is just waiting for her to be older…… Jenny…..yes….. Once he has a good look at her and sees shes no-longer a kid, deep down he already know she is it….. Who he has been waiting for……this whole time.

27. Christian says:

Why does Blake’s hair always look stringy and greasy?

28. EMILIA JAMES says:

HOW CAN U PLACE DAN AND SERENA TOGETHER.DAN IS TOO JUDGY.RIGHT FROM THE BEGINNING I WAS HOPING FOR SERENATE.SEASON 7 PLS