Glee Sneak Peek: Glee Project Champ Blake Jenner Arrives, Mercedes and Mike Return!

If you’ve suddenly got chills (and they’re multiplyin’) perhaps it’s got something to do with the kids of McKinley High School tackling Grease for their annual school production.

Indeed, in these preview photos from “The Role You Were Born to Play” — Episode 5 of Glee‘s current fourth season, airing Nov. 8 (9/8c, Fox) — a number of New Directions stalwarts are seen auditioning for the feel-good musical — including newcomer Ryder Lynn (The Glee Project‘s Season 2 champ Blake Jenner), who appears to be discovering his musical side with a little help from McKinley grad Finn Hudson!

RELATED | Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Castle, NCIS, Glee, Grey’s, Gossip, P’hood, Community and More!

Interestingly enough, it also looks as though Finn will be joined by fellow alumni Mercedes and Mike, along with old pal Artie, in judging the Grease tryouts. (Is the lack of a Tina sighting a sign that things are still a little awkward in post-breakup Tike-ville?) Meanwhile, Emma gets advice from Beiste (welcome back, Dot Marie Jones!), and Blaine dares to wear chartreuse denim!

Check out the photos below, then hit the comments and express your annnn-tici…..pation for Glee‘s return!

1. Laurie says:

An episode all about Lima? I’ve found the Lima stories dull so far, so I hope this is an improvement. If they make is more about Finn, Mercedes, Mike, and Artie it could have some potential compared to another story where the new kids try to be interesting.

• kavyn says:

Well, to be fair the new kids kind of got the shaft in the writing, because 1) They’re the Lima crew (meaning they don’t get the good stuff like the NY crew get), and 2) The vets get the better lines.

I mean, I think the new kids are acting just fine, they’re just getting the shaft when it comes to writing. That love triangle rehash is not the actors’ faults.

2. crossing fingers says:

hope this episode is good!

3. Tricia says:

I’m thinking Unique gets the role of Sandy. Also, yay Blake!

• Sil says:

Please!!! NO!!!! A pic showed Marley in a cat suit. Might be her. Unique needs to stay in the background. IMO, which is hard to accept and express is that all these new characters just rub me the wrong way. Especially, Unique. I just don’t CARE about this new bunch of characters or their semi so so, lame stories. So, Finn is back and is a fill in for Shue, so be it. Lame but so be it. Glee has Mercedes, Mike and Finn to bolster Lima storylines. My opinion only. But so far after 4 episodes, Lima is an absolute drag. But so is NY. Glee has to beef up something story wise for me to keep interest.

• Ann says:

Unique will NOT be Sandy. I’m almost certain it will go to Marley. Alex’s character needs to stay in the background and just fulfill the big wailing voice that Merceded left behind. Keep that guy quiet because he CANNOT act! There’s an obvious reason he didn’t win the Glee Project.

4. Tom says:

So, they had all these kids graduate just so that they could continually go back to their old high school and reinsert themselves in increasingly awkward ways? Ok

• Shane says:

Finn might as well have not graduated at all, right? Honestly, every time I see a reminder of what a pathetic, piteous figure the writers have reduced him to I weep a little…

• kavyn says:

They should have done one or the other. The going back and forth stuff is just not working because it’s so obvious that Murphy and co are focused on Nyada anyways. The Lima storylines are just terrible.

• Shane says:

Well Murphy has always been quite clear about who his little favourites are, and Finn has certainly never been one, ‘whipping boy’ would be closer to the mark, and of course, Murphy does like to make clear how little interest he has in Finn in general (besides using him as a whipping boy to show how wonderful Kurt and Rachel are).

5. dsdsdsd says:

I’m really glad this episode seems to be focusing on the Lima side! Can’t wait to see Blake, the Marley/Unique and Blaine’s number

• Kay says:

To be honest, I only watch the show because of Darren Criss (Blaine). He is the reason I started watching and continue to. Hate the long hiatus, but only 2 more weeks til a new episode airs. Still hoping that Kurt and Blaine can get over this drama that occurred in episode 4 but I’m afraid it’s not going to happen (or at least not in the way I would like it to). Hope episode 5 is a good one.

6. What's going on in NY? says:

I’ve only enjoyed the NY stories this year, and find the newbies boring so I’m not excited. Let me know when the action moves back to NY.

• Gil says:

I thought I would be enjoying the NYC more, but so far, that storyline has been strangely boring for me. Strangely enough, I’m much more excited about what’s going on in McKinley.

• What's going on in NY? says:

It’s the opposite for me. McKinely hasn’t been able to hold my attention at all. The new character’s personalities don’t pop and make them memorable. The storylines seem like retreads of old ones done with the original, more exciting characters. If it wasn’t for Rachel and Kurt in NY I would have given up on Glee. Watching them grow in NY, however, keeps me hanging on even while I get distracted during the Lima scenes.

7. bamabunny says:

Eh…really more “mustard” than chartreuse. Isn’t that the same thing he wore for Wanna Be Startin’ Somethin’?

8. Ana says:

Do we have an idea of how much longer Unique is going to be on? I get tired of fast forwarding the scenes that he’s on. He is no Mercedes.

• gary says:

Agreed. And its not because he is a man playing a women. He is just a terrible actor and really not that good of a performer would much rather have the focus on other characters

• Sil says:

Yeah! Thank you for saying that. I’ve felt very morose about that character since the start. I close my eyes, turn the volume down. Now, since the start of this season I DVR. Same as you lots of fast forwarding. I don’t and won’t watch or listen to that at all. McKinley sucks.

9. RK says:

Looking forward to Finn, Beiste & Ryder. Love Cory in scenes either location!

10. Rea says:

Another boring Blaine solo, I am so surprised.

11. J says:

Yes @Mercedes returning and Unique/Marley duet. No @Finn and YET ANOTHER BLAINE SOLO.

Also the lack of Tina isn’t because of Mike, the lack of Tina is because it’s Tina and they don’t even care about her.

12. dilia says:

BLAKEY
    *fangirl moment over*
    im sorry i just love him. hes so talented and a sweetie. he totally lit up the screen in the tgp shoots. cant wait to see him interact with cory
    i like both the lima and new york storylines. the newbies need a little time to develop before we can say they suck, i think. obviously when put next to characters theyve been developing for 3 seasons they will look flatter.
    NYC stories would benefit from having more familiar characters over there

13. Sarah says:

I think now that Finn’s there, the Lima story will get way more interesting.

14. Kelly says:

Tina! Where are you?!?!?1 and…What about New York,?!?!? Rachel?!?! Kurt?!?!?!
    Sooooo excited for Glease though!!! Seriously have been waiting for them do it since the pilot!!!

• dilia says:

tina will probably be in the play. i will be truly shocked if she isnt.(just probably not as a main character) rachel and kurt are not going anywhere. plus theres a good chance theyll come see the play. if everyones back anyways may as well make a little reunion out of it

15. ben says:

ugh, another blaine song. i’m sure it’ll be as mediocre as the rest of them.

16. Edie says:

I am so glad Finn is back and I am excited to see the other grads back too! They were missed. I can’t wait to be introduced to Blake’s character and see his duet with Finn!

17. fiona says:

i swear there was supposed to be a focus on the TIKE storyline in one of these episodes. So much for tina being the next rachel what was that storyline last season if they don’t use it this season

18. Kim says:

Season four really isn’t working out in my opinion and I don’t say that because in the last episode a lot of couples broke it. Its the whole switching back and forth from Lima and NY that is irrating. I really want to give the newbies a chance to just wow me and have them become part of the Glee family but that’s not going to happen. Glee is already big as it is before Jake, Marley, Kitty, and Brody came. The writers are trying to do way too much at the same time and they can’t handle it. If it was up to me, I would get rid of the Glee Project and not let anyone from that show continue to be on Glee. Less to no guest star in an episode. I think Glee will get really interesting, when Santana goes to NY because then we have Blaine, Finn and Brittany in Lima and Santana, Kurt and Rachel in NY.

19. Emma says:

Uhh.. Tina should be Sandy. I need to hear her beautiful voice ASAP. Plus, she deserves a lead role.

• Kay says:

Yes, whatever happened to the seniors getting the lead roles in the school musical/play. They are giving most of the major parts to the newbies. What’s that all about? I know in “West Side Story” they gave the lead role to Blaine (a junior) but the only other person that tried out for Tony was Kurt and he just wasn’t right for the part. Why don’t more kids try out for these musicals. It doesn’t have to be just the Glee Club participating. When I went to school, there were more kids trying out for parts than just the Glee Club/Choir.

20. DoctorWhoFanatic! says:

The real question is: Who’s the hot guitar player in picture 6? WOOF!

21. Lexie says:

The chartreuse denim is a lot less blinding than I thought it would be.

22. Michelle says:

Where is Samuel Larsen (Joe Hart)? This is his second season and we haven’t seen anything from him… He is way more talented and interesting than unique!!