Arrow Scores Full Season From CW! Plus: More Scripts For Emily Owens, Beauty and the Beast

Bullseye!

The CW has picked up Arrow for a full, 22-episode season, TVLine has learned.

PHOTOS | Arrow First Look: Enter Deathstroke — and John Barrowman’s “Well-Dressed Man”

The series was an out-of-the-gate smash, scoring 4.02 million total viewers and a 1.3 demo rating —  the network’s most watched episode of anything in three years and its highest rated drama bow since Nikita in 2010.

Even more impressive, the show maintained its premiere demo rating in Week 2 and only dipped by 15 percent in total viewers (to 3.5 million).

Meanwhile, The CW has ordered three additional scripts of both Beauty and the Beast and Emily Owens, M.D.

1. Sarah says:

YES! Loving this show.

2. indigo15 says:

Congratulations to everyone at “Arrow!” The full-season pick-up is well deserved; the show has been excellent so far.

3. tvaddict says:

No surprise since it was The CW’s top rated show last week. Loving the pairing of Arrow & Supernatural

• jules says:

Me, too. These two shows compliment each other, perfect match. They’ll provide good numbers for each other.
      And congrats, well deserved, Arrow!

4. lilys87 says:

This was expected but still very good to hear :)

5. heather_kaye says:

WOOT!

6. iMember says:

Arrow tied The Secret Circle’s premiere ratings (1.3) last season. Just so you know. :)

• iMember says:

I’m really, really happy about this though! Arrow has been great so far, so a full season is no surprise.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Yes — and without a cushy lead-in AND with 33% more viewers, so that IS impressive!

• JC says:

And the Secret Circle also got a full season pick up before falling to a 0.5 demo rating for three of its final four episodes.

• crave says:

Yeah but that show sucked from the beggining, and was only going to go down not up or remain constant. Sorry but its true, it must suck to be so bitter, the rules that applied last year arent going to apply this year, its a different ballgame altogether, even Emily Owens MD may get renewed, with less numbers making SOME of you troublesome TSC/ringer fans even more bitter.

Anyway Arrow is likely to only get better and better, at the least remain consistent. . DC+WB+CW – you cant even come close to that.

7. Ashley says:

Fantastic! Not a huge surprise, of course, but still nice to know it’ll be sticking around for at least this season.

8. John says:

Apart from ratings, add to the fact that the show is genuinely awesome, I’m freaking ecstatic about this news!

9. Mikaylah says:

Hopefully the ratings stay up so that Supernatural can benefit from the lead-in and get renewed as well.

10. Michelle says:

So thrilled! Congrats to the cast and crew!

11. Marc says:

This is good news for Arrow AND Supernatural fans. The ratings boost this gives Supernatural as its lead-in will keep that show safe too as long as the actors choose to stay on. Now if we could only find a show as good to give Nikita a strong lead-in, the world would be a better place. :)

12. MM says:

Arrow is amazing so far. Let’s hope they continue their crisp story line

13. wrstlgirl says:

Not surprising at all, this was expected. I’m enjoying the show but I’m not feeling the “breakout hit” yet. So far it’s been interesting and I plan continue to watch but I just don’t find Stephen Amell’s “Oliver” convincing. In fact he falls flat to me in most cases.

• Kd says:

I find Amell’s Oliver to be good and better than Justin Hartley’s. Even as a fan of Justin’s , Amell has worn me over and its impressive how many kinds” of Oliver he is playing in each episode. And not forgetting the physical demands of the role, he is brilliant in my opinion.

14. MsCanary says:

Happy about the Arrow pick-up. I hope Emily Owens gets a full season pick up too.

15. Renee says:

Wonderful!

16. Alan says:

good news for the arrow cast and crew and supernatural. now cw just give nikita a lead in which fits the tone of the show and give it an actual chance to do well this year

17. sarah says:

So happy! This show had me hooked from moment 1!!!

18. Patrick says:

Awesome news for Arrow. But lol Emily MD and Beauty & the Beast suck real bad, why the frack are they getting additional scripts.

• tvaddict says:

Because there are no other shows to fill the void. Carrie Diaries will replace Gossip Girl and Cult will likely replace Top Model, since they announced the next cycle of Top Model won’t start until summer.

• BL says:

Dear God, I hope they don’t put Cult on Friday. Makes more sense after TVD on Thursdays. Let B&B go on Friday after Nikita.

• wrstlgirl says:

Well, just because you don’t like Emily MD and/or Beauty & the Beast doesn’t mean nobody else does. Different strokes for different folks. There are plenty of shows out there I don’t care for but if others do then I’m glad for them.

19. iMember says:

We’ll see if these scripts get for Beauty and the Beast and Emily Owens actually gets filmed. Seeing as they are scripts and not additional episode pick up like Arrow received, it’s still very possible that BatB and Emily Owens can get cancelled after their initial 13 episodes. I see Cult being a good replacement for Beauty right after TVD since it stars TVD’s Alaric!

• Kd says:

There is no guarantee that cult will be good or even better than MD and B&B. What i saw of it, it has a terrible premise, everything is just chaotic, the reviews haven’t been good either. It could be even worse, my opinion is CW shouldnt cancel any show until they see how Carrie diaries and cult are doing, they may be even bigger flops. Maybe they can move 90210 to friday and give the monday timeslots to new shows.

20. Marybeth Mason says:

i glad to hear that beauty and the beast i was disappointed in it might not make a full season. smallville was that show one of the highest rating in cw history?

21. lynn says:

fantastic news … i love beauty and the beast !!!!!

22. Michael says:

yay for beauty and the beast hopefully ratings continue for the next two episodes…followed by a pick-up.

23. King Amoako says:

Fantastic one arrow no wonder for the full season

24. tvdiva says:

Hooray! Now maybe they can offer a full season pass on ITUNES.

25. Jared says:

Arrow is so good and Stephen Ammell is so hot that I can’t help but watch this show.

26. AT says:

Hopefully BATB will be next for a pickup.

27. Jennifer says:

Premiere was great! But I fell asleep watching second episode mainly because the lawyer lady bores me. I’ll take more mystery, intrigue, Arrow and Paul Blackstone and definately more of that spoiled, cocky badboy so-called best friend of his, at least he’s fun and entertaining.

28. Ted says:

Beuaty and the Beast should get picked for full season too.

29. Brandy says:

Glad Beauty and Emily got more scripts, hopefully they become more episodes.I liked Beauty, Emily was ok.

30. Jon says:

Yes!! Congratulations to everyone working on Arrow! One of the best new shows this season!

31. Greenfan says:

Good news indeed for Arrow

can TVLINE start covering the show more now.

32. mia says:

Awesome! I’m loving all three of these shows!

33. BOOYA says:

You people need to get lives.

34. Jessica says:

Good for Arrow! Smallville leads the way! ;)

Good news for BATB, too! It’s in a tough time slot, so I hope that the CW gives it a chance! I’m loving both shows!

35. Mikael says:

Great news for Arrow! I think it’s going to get even better. To the people comparing it to TSC, that show had a huge drop off between the pilot and episode 2, unlike Arrow which didn’t fall much at all. As much as I like Supernatural, I wish Nikita was on Wednesdays. It is an amazing show and still has a lot of life left in it, whereas Supernatural to me is running on fumes.

36. Esther says:

I LOVE Emily MD!!!!!! I’m crossing my fingers that they give it a chance past the scripts! I tune in every Tuesday for Heart Of Dixie and Emily to be sure they get the views they deserve ! :) :)

37. Amazing blog! Do you have any hints for aspiring writers?
    I’m planning to start my own blog soon but I’m a little lost on everything.
    Would you propose starting with a free platform like WordPress or go for a paid option?
    There are so many options out there that I’m completely confused .. Any recommendations? Many thanks!Emily Owens, M.D. Season 1 Episode 3 Emily and… The Outbreak