Ratings: Nikita Returns to Possible Low, Shark Tank Hits All-Time Highs

Get More: News, Ratings

Nikita Season 3 PremiereNikita‘s engaging Season 3 premiere nonetheless drew low numbers for The CW this Friday night, delivering 952,000 total viewers and a 0.3 rating in the 18-49 demo.

Versus the spy drama’s previous opener, that’s down some 50 percent, and it’s even off 37 and 25 percent from the Season 2 finale. The fellas over at TVByTheNumbers also reckon it marks (at least matches) a series-low rating, which seems about right to me.

For those who argued that Nikita‘s time slot change was in the name of giving CW affiliates’ 10 o’clock news a stronger lead-in (versus letting the series remain a self-starter at 8), compared to Supernatural‘s most recent premiere in the Fridays-at-9 slot, it’s down 52 and 60 percent. As for where SPN left things with its Friday finale, Nik is down 40 and 50 percent.

Instead, The CW is now opening Friday with Top Model, which mustered 1.5 mil/0.6.

RELATED | Nikita Boss On That Major ‘Mikita’ Surprise! Plus Scoop On Alex, Sean, Owen, Ryan and Division

Elsewhere, ABC’s Shark Tank rose 10 percent week-t-week to hit all-time highs of 7.04 million/2.0, topping the night in the demo.

Over on CBS, CSI: NY‘s special Green Day-trippy episode (9.1 mil/1.2) dipped two tenths in the demo (yet improved over the course of the hour, as the music died down). Blue Bloods built on that to 10 mil/1.3, down just a tick from last week.

RELATED | The New DVR Ratings Surge: Why Your Playback Habits Matter (and Why They Don’t)

NBC’s Grimm (4.9 mil/1.4) slipped 12 percent in the demo but was the night’s highest-rated scripted program. Fox’s NLCS coverage looks up about 20 percent from Thursday.

Tags:

Comments (111)

• Congrats CW you killed the one Cult show you had by putting it on after ANTM

Comment by gary – October 20, 2012 09:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Haha I wouldn’t say that Nikita is the only cult show that they had… Supernatural wins in that category, yep.

Comment by Kreshnik – October 20, 2012 10:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Have* ehm ^^

Comment by Kreshnik – October 20, 2012 10:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • wouldnt really call Supernatural Cult anymore. Show goes on as long as it has it isnt Cult

Comment by gary – October 20, 2012 10:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Supernatural is one of those rare shows whose popularity increases exponentially outside the US. Its a major hit worldwide. Doesn’t really qualify as a cult show.

Comment by G – October 20, 2012 11:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • “Nikita” actually does much better outside this country as well which is the only reason it is still on the air.

Comment by BHM1304 – October 23, 2012 05:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I totally agree!

Comment by Tina B. – October 20, 2012 08:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m hoping CW finishes up GG, 90210 and Emily (If it doesn’t perform next episode) this season and bring in other shows it has. I think Beauty and Beast is a better option if it maintains a 0.8 throughout the season since its a procedural. I don’t particularly think Carrie Diaries and Cult will be a hit, but its better than losing money on failing projects. Next season has Hunger Games and Alice in Wonderland kind of projects in development and sounds truly trippy and the kind of hits CW really needs right now if it wants to survive after the next couple of years. People with the magic Nielsen boxes need to watch what the rest of us are watching or risk losing one of the more daring networks where creativity is truly upheld (applies mainly to Spnl, TVD and Arrow)!

Comment by GK – October 20, 2012 11:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I can’t blame theCW…they gave this show another chance with giving it a third season. They hoped that this shows fanbase would keep it alive yet it failed doing so. Without SPN this show is truly lost

Comment by mac – October 21, 2012 11:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I wouldn’t really qualify Nikita as a cult show, and if it is, then I would certainly say that it isn’t the only one on the CW. TVD and Supernatural fit the category of cult shows better in my opinion.

Comment by Jess/Skye (@CrashandBurn9) – October 21, 2012 03:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Shocked how great shark tank is doing this year, I think it will be getting 22 episodes from now on.

Comment by Sue – October 20, 2012 10:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I understand the move of Nikita after ANTM because they were hoping for more of a female audience, which they were hoping for a much higher rating and demo. However, Nikita was struggling on Friday’s for season 2, so it’s really The CW’s fault for moving it. If they’re smart, they’ll swap ANTM and Nikita time slots immediately, if not, then they better reorganize their schedules fast, because with another 21 episodes to go, Nikita is going to plummet hard!

Comment by Jarrod Mitchell – October 20, 2012 10:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Actually, they stated that the reason they put Nikita on at 9pm on Friday (instead of 8pm) was to have it be a better lead in towards the news.

The CW SHOULD have paired Nikita with Arrow, because Arrow was going to get a lot of views and Nikita needed the help. But instead they paired it with SPN to recreate the SPN/Smallville magic that was obviously not going to happen. SPN has a VERY dedicated fanbase and face it, after 8 seasons it’s highly unlikely SPN would gain a huge uptick in viewers, especially if it didn’t gain all those viewers from Smallville.

If CW renews Nikita, it will only be for syndication purposes, because they clearly gave up on the show by pairing it with ANTM. Nikita is a lot better than most CW shows and deserved a much better chance than it currently has. I wouldn’t be surprised if in the Spring (when ANTM isn’t airing) they move BTB to Friday and paired TVD with Cult (which would actually be an incredibly smart decision since Matt Davis is on it). But since BTB is destined for failure after losing half it’s ratings from the premiere episode, it will yet again not really help Nikita in any way.

Comment by kavyn – October 20, 2012 01:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So sad to hear about Nikita because the episode was great! I assume Cult will premiere in Top Model’s timeslot so maybe that can give Nikita a boost.

Comment by tvaddict – October 20, 2012 10:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think (and despite being a Nikita fan, I do think this is better for the CW) they will move BTB to Friday at 8pm and put Cult in BTB’s timeslot, for multiple reasons; First being that it would be foolish to premier a new series on a Friday, and second that many TVD fans would continue to tune in just for Matt Davis.
      It’s a much more logical choice for the CW, but that just leaves Nikita being paired with the dying BTB.

Comment by kavyn – October 20, 2012 01:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I was thinking Cult would be on Monday but I forgot about The Carrie Diaries. The CW is a bit crowded since they keep their cult hits things that would be cancelled on other networks continue (and I’m thankful for that) but it sure makes it difficult to add new shows midseason.

Comment by Ari – October 21, 2012 01:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Are you kidding me? Nikita was awesome last night. Thanks for ruining a great show CW!!!

Comment by greysfan – October 20, 2012 10:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The CW is best off cutting their losses after this season. Screw securing syndication rights.

Comment by Jarrod Mitchell – October 20, 2012 10:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • with ratings that low, CW might decide to cancel it before the end of the season.

Comment by jj – October 20, 2012 11:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • From your lips to God ears… and After this new show Hunted seems to resurrect the same type of drama with a lot more seriousness and with a more likeness to all the previous version I will be just happy to see this show go down as it should have done since day one.. They dress her like a whore ready to kill.. all the class was gone since day one.. very hard to recover from that.

Comment by sula74 – October 20, 2012 04:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Nikita never dresses like a whore. Perhaps that is what is causing the low ratings for the CW? Not enough of the characters undress themselves on a weekly basis.

Comment by ♣ Nikitaverse ♣ (@nikitarecaps) – October 20, 2012 07:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nikita is so good and the episode was just awesome! so sad because of the ratings! But this is CW fault! Nikita had no promotion, like Supernatural, and ANTM is an awful lead for Nikita!

Comment by Ruby – October 20, 2012 10:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Supernatural, Vamp Diaries are cult shows and should follow each other. I used to enjoy Thur because of Vamp and Supernatural. Now they switch Supernatural around every year. If it is not broke do not fix it. Nikita, reminds me of LaFemme Nikita, Emily Owens, wake me when they take it off, Beauty and Beast to much like original, Arrow is right on, ANTM please deliver me.

Comment by Nesta – November 9, 2012 06:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t watch the show and don’t understand why fans are crying hoarse here. ANTM gave Nikita a solid lead-in versus last year when it started on its own. CW isn’t to be blamed imho.

Comment by Dean – October 20, 2012 10:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If you dont watch why are you comment about it? -_-

Comment by Ruby – October 20, 2012 10:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • That’s not an answer Ruby. LOL. I want to start watching this show during the hiatus later this year.

Comment by Dean – October 20, 2012 11:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I don’t really have an issue with what show the CW decides to pair Nikita with, I have an issue with the way they ‘promote’ the show. Recycling old photoshoots and photoshopping them all together like it’s a new shoot, giving us fans one promo (I know Nikita fans who also watch TVD, and TVD gets A LOT more promo time). I’m really ticked off by the lack of promotion and I strongly believe that is part of the reason why Nikita struggles with the ratings. But internationally, Nikita does wonderful. For instance, in the Netherlands, episodes draw an average of 500,000 viewers, which is a lot (compare it to the average of the 7.30pm news, which is 800,000).

Comment by Ducky – October 21, 2012 05:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • She was right to ask. Wishing the show cancelled and then turn around and say you want to watch it is dumb and stupid. Nikita is amazing. The CW does not know how to keep their good shows. Even when they were THE WB they made the same mistakes. Remember Birds of Prey! It had the potential to be a great show. Instead they hardly promoted it, badly paired it. Like they are doing with NIKITA right now. Nikita is one of the those shows you cant wait to see what happens the following week.

Comment by Jean – October 21, 2012 07:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Wait. Exactly what part of my comment leads you to believe that I ‘WANT’ Nikita to be cancelled?
            WB’s biggest potential new (at that time) show indeed was sent to CW – Supernatural.
            PS: Birds of Prey was horrible.

Comment by Dean – October 21, 2012 09:55 AM PDT
    • Nikita started in 2010. It has never been paired with ANTM until now. It generated good rating in it’s first season with TVD, moderate in it’s second with SN, but plummeted WHILE paired with ANTM. So yes, The CW is to blame for the move and pairing with ANTM.

Comment by Jarrod Mitchell – October 20, 2012 11:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I totally agree. Plus I think all their promotion resources this fall went towards Arrow and Beauty and The Beast. I know a few people who LOVE Nikita but who lead busy lives (and don’t read TVLine everyday like I do…) who didn’t even realize it was coming back yesterday until I reminded them a few hours prior. I have a feeling a lot of others were in the same boat, especially people who don’t watch anything else on The CW. Arrow and Nikita would be a much better pairing, because I think their audiences have quite a bit more overlap than Nikita and ANTM.

Comment by CJ – October 20, 2012 03:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Arrow and Supernatural have complete audience overlap though. And Spnl has a more dedicated fanbase. The CW needs to make money, not throw it away by putting a failing Nikita after Arrow.

Comment by POIFanatic – October 20, 2012 03:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • “Complete” overlap? I don’t know about that one.

Comment by CJ – October 20, 2012 05:08 PM PDT
    • ANTM is not even close to being a solid lead-in. The Audiences are incredible different. A good Lead-In would be Arrow or SN

Comment by gary – October 20, 2012 12:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Even better lead-in would have been TVD. Oh wait, they did that and it still bled. Nikita has a very small fanbase.

Comment by Dean – October 21, 2012 09:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well if you don’t watch the show why are you commenting? Nikita in my opinion is one of the better shows the network has. The ratings did suffer when they moved the time slot but a lot of the Friday shows on that network is low. I wish another network would’ve done Nikita a favor and picked it up.

Comment by shante – October 23, 2012 07:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Holy cow, I didn’t even think the demo could go that low.

Comment by RS – October 20, 2012 10:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ah, you must have missed the ratings posts about The LA Complex.

Comment by Meg – October 20, 2012 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nikita had such a good premiere episode, can’t believe they had such a series low :(
    Then again; Thw CW’s has hardly advertised and run any promo’s for Nikita, so it’s to expect. It’s like they WANT to get rid of this show :(

Comment by Dominique – October 20, 2012 10:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • hardly any promos? really? i watch arrow, tvd, and supernatural, only cw shows i watch, and i found i was inundated by nikita promos. the problem i find with the cw is they play the same promo way too much(esp in the case of tvd, man the promo for the premiere was overplayed).

Comment by tigersmurfette – October 20, 2012 11:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I watch TVD and have seen quite a few promos for Nikita. It may not be the constant barrage that Arrow gets (which is understandable because Arrow is right after TVD) but I would say one ad every other commercial break. I also watch SPN and have seen ads during that. Again, with less frequency but they are there. You should blame the people who cut their ads. I always think Nikita is the type of show I’d like but the commercials don’t really leave me wanting more so I’ve never really watched it.

Comment by Ari – October 21, 2012 01:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Switch what I said about Arrow being after TVD, I had a brain moment and forgot the schedule, Arrow is after SPN. Haha! Sorry!

Comment by Ari – October 21, 2012 01:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t believe people aren’t watching Nikita anymore. Last night awesome as usual. Could it be that Grimm is cannibalizing the audience? I love Grimm too, but last night I watched Nikita and Grimm is waiting for me on the DVR. Or maybe most people who like empowered female action heroines are actually men. Top Model is the opposite of my cup of tea/Batman.

Comment by TigerNightmare – October 20, 2012 11:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They need to put Nikita back into 8pm slot. With Grim competing at 9pm, no one is tuning in for Nikita now premiering so late. I don’t know how CW could have made that terrible move. Hire me instead!

Comment by Tina – October 20, 2012 11:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Its the falt off the CW they didnt promote Nikita enough!!! they only care about TVD and Arrow… :( Its not fair cuz Nikita deserve waaaaaaay more rattings cuz its a amazing action kickass show!

Comment by Mikita is ENGAGED! ♥ (@MaggieIsMyHero) – October 20, 2012 11:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You’re forgetting about SN. They promote the hell out of that and are hoping for two more seasons after this one.

Comment by Jarrod Mitchell – October 20, 2012 11:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • since when CW promotes Supernatural? because that is not true! did you saw the awful poster they did for season 8? that is no promotion! TVD have all the promotion! CW dont care for Nikita and SPN that is what i see!

Comment by Ruby – October 20, 2012 11:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Supernatural and TVD got extended episode orders and they’re both highly rated. The CW relies on these two. TVD has at least another 3 seasons in it, while SN has high hopes till season 10. Trust me, these two won’t die out anytime soon. In regards to Nikita, the network took a leap of faith renewing it. It’s the time slot that has ruined the show.

Comment by Jarrod Mitchell – October 20, 2012 11:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Where are they promoting SPN? Not on my tv they aren’t. I’ve seen Arrow, Beauty & the Beast and Nikita promos.

Comment by Linda – October 20, 2012 11:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • oh and I forgot to add The Vampire Diaries. I don’t even watch that show and I could tell you all about it.

Comment by Linda – October 20, 2012 11:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Supernatural being heavily promoted by CW is as real as me having wings. Only TVD, Arrow and Beauty-Beast have insane promos. Even GG his promoted more than Supernatural. But hey, I’m happy at Supernatural’s performance. Its almost at a 2 season high.

Comment by POIfanatic – October 20, 2012 12:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • With zero advertisement CW, that’s what you get. I didn’t even know it started yesterday and it’s one of my favorite shows. Nikita deserves better.

Comment by elen – October 20, 2012 11:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Keep the faith fellow division agents. Obviously oversight (the CW) is stupid, but the black boxes (DVR’s) still have to come into play.

Comment by Rob – October 20, 2012 11:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • DVR numbers are meaningless. Once the Live+7 data is in, Nikita will still likely be the lowest rated show of the week on any network even if it doubles its demo rating. At best it may pass one or two shows.

Comment by JC – October 20, 2012 08:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nikita is so good, i cant believe the ratings are so low. maybe they should pair it with arrow?

Comment by sarah – October 20, 2012 11:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m not sure what is sadder; GG having lower viewers than Nikita or Nikita having a lower demo than GG.

Comment by Jarrod Mitchell – October 20, 2012 11:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What they need to do is put Nikita on after vampire diaries and let the stupid beauty and the beast show die on Fridays. Nikita is a quality show and fits much better with the only shows getting good ratings on the cw (arrow, vampire diaries, supernatural) so they should stop treating it like the red headed stepchild

Comment by Chris – October 20, 2012 11:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They did do that with the first season. It just didn’t have enough audience retention.

Comment by POIfanatic – October 20, 2012 12:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t want BATB or Nikita to die!

Comment by AT – October 20, 2012 01:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They are doing Nikita SUCH a disservice! Nikita and Arrow would be such a great pairing :( Why can’t they get that??

Comment by Tedi – October 20, 2012 11:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Because Supernatural is the BEST fit with Arrow. Nikita should be moved to Mondays or Tuesdays and GG should be sent to Fridays.

Comment by POIfanatic – October 20, 2012 12:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Too bad, Nikita. I’m starting to think CW is already treating this as Nikita’s final season.
    If they sack it I hope the cast can move on to other projects on better networks. Once Upon A Time should call dibs on Noah Bean. He was so great on that show and maybe they can find a way to bring his character back for more than the occasional guest stint if Nikita ends this year.

Comment by Paula – October 20, 2012 11:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This would have been a better choice of programming. Leave Mondays and Tuesdays the same. Wednesday Arrow/Nikita both kick ass shows, Thursday TVD and Supernatural both supernatural and Fridays ANTM and Beauty and the Beast, because these two are all about beautiful people..

Comment by M2 – October 20, 2012 11:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So sad about Nikita’s ratings but what can you expect when its paired with a show that has nothing in common with one another. Nikita is a smart show with talented writers and cast, and even if i have never seen ANTM Im going to assume that is just like any other reality show, where people act like idiots and its full on non sense drama.

Comment by Nikita Fan – October 20, 2012 11:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It is unacceptable what they are doing with Nikita. I say move Beauty and the Beast to Mondays at 9, Gossip Girl to Fridays at 9 and Nikita to Thursdays at 9

Comment by hello – October 20, 2012 11:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nikita has already aired on Thursdays at 9. It was moved from that slot for under performing. Now it has even less viewers so why would they put it back instead of giving a new show the benefit of the TVD audience?

Comment by Kath – October 20, 2012 12:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • People, Nikita is Not going to be moved or paired up with Arrow,Arrow and SPN are doing gangbusters in ratings and CW has a good night there(I don’t watch either) and why pair it’s new possible hitArrow( see at Midseason and seasons end if it’s rating great) with a failing show, Nikita was moved to Fri foor poor ratings/retention from VD and wasn’t a good leadin for SPN and again can’t retain viewers from a solid show(ANTM) and it dosent matter how incompatable Top Model and Nikita are, leadin don’t matter.Nikita is rating too poorly to put back on a regular weekday and more competitor night-to be paired with Arrow.As for promo, I saw 4 Thursday night and 4. Fri, but now it’s premiered so it’ll Likley decrease to one a week like last season. Also, at this point, Nikita has all the audience it’s gonna have so even pairing it with Arrow or another show Likley won’t help.Nikita shouldn’t still need a leadin at this point either,it’s in season three for cryn out loud.

Comment by Brandy – October 20, 2012 12:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Pitting Nikita against Grimm was a horrible idea imo.

Comment by Bonnie – October 20, 2012 12:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The CW could air a test pattern for no cost and it would probably come close to Nikita’s ratings. They never should have renewed it.

Comment by Kath – October 20, 2012 12:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sad about Nikita they should move it out of Fridays cancel Emily Owens and put Nikita on Tuesdays any day but Friday.

Comment by Patricia – October 20, 2012 12:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Emily Owens is the sweetest show ever! Your hatred is disgusting!

Comment by No – October 20, 2012 12:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WTF if the cw just did as much promo as they did for tvd then this show would sky rocket. they should pair it w. tvd again to get better ratings like for s. 1 or pair it with arrow!! makes the most sense.

Comment by baglesvswaffles – October 20, 2012 12:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Its a Friday. The most they can hope for is a 0.5 demo for Nikita. Its no Supernatural. They did pair it with TVD in the first season. It just didn’t have enough audience retention. Doesn’t make any sense to do the same mistake again. The old President screwed the network and Mark is getting it back on track now and he saw the potential with a Spnl-Arrow block and took it. Nikita doesn’t have the same kind of fanbase to move it to wednesdays or thursdays.

Comment by POIFanatic – October 20, 2012 12:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • well at least pair it with arrow. it has similarities– they are both action shows. would have made the most sense.
        nikita just needs to be on another network like usa or something. it’s not on the right network.

Comment by baglesvswaffles – October 22, 2012 06:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • so upset about Nikita’s horrible numbers… horrible decision on The CW to move her time slot. such a great show!

Comment by Jared – October 20, 2012 01:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I dont get it. Nikita and most of the CW shows r really good. Why do they get such low ratings. I honestly think nielsen needs to get with the times and realize ppl dont just watch tv on the actual tv. is there a way to monitor that?? i remember the times i had 2vcr’s set up to record my shows. buffy melrose and 90210(the original) Im pretty sure “nielsen” didnt monitor my viewings at that time either. All im saying is Nikita is the best show they have on the CW. Aside from VD and ARROW. Actually i think they should put Nikita after VD. Get rid of Beauty and the Beast as well. and that fake greys anatomy rip off. wow. im really going here.lol. I wish i was scheduling the CW. Mondays~ A family show cause it worked with 7th Heaven. THEN NIKITA!!!!Tuesdays ARROW~followed by that HUNGER GAMES show they have developing. Wednesdays`AMAZON(WONDER WOMAN SHOW)~ then have a feel good Gilmore type of show. or they can have an all action packed kickass female driven Wednesday and add another kick ass women driven show. yeah im not and advertising genious. lol. Thursday~ Vampire Diaries Followed by SuperNatual. Fridays are iffy. Start a CSI for the younger crowd or. think 21 jump street (the 80′s show) or do what fox did. Actually Re-boot X-Files or bring back Dark Angel.lol. Wow. i hope some exec reads this and does something.lol. Sorry for rambling.

Comment by Louis Perez – October 20, 2012 01:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post

Comment by Russ – October 20, 2012 02:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Excellent plan for what not to do.

Comment by POIFanatic – October 20, 2012 03:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The ratings were disappointing. There is no use talking about moving the show because it’s stuck on Fridays. I wish the network would take some interest in re-branding the show. The actors, crew, writers, and everyone associated with the show works so hard. I feel like people do not know how good this show is. It’s really a shame. Even if the critics love it, it doesn’t seem to matter to the CW. I’m hoping that people forgot that it was on yesterday and the ratings will pick up next week. In a few weeks, Devon and Melinda will premiere on the show so that episode will definitely have better ratings. I just hope we won’t have to wait until then.

Comment by Julie – October 20, 2012 02:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So very disappointed in CW for their atrocious treatment of Nikita. Yes, they renewed up to this point but they have to realize their part in why Nikita is getting low ratings. Creatively the show does very well. The bloggers and critics (TV guide, EW, etc) seem to love it. They moved it to the Friday night death slot with no promotion, ridiculous hiatuses with no promotion and now another timeslot change with a mismatched lead in with no promotion. They can’t even be bothered to release sneak peek clips or tweet about the show?

Comment by ♣ Nikitaverse ♣ (@nikitarecaps) – October 20, 2012 03:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Okay, people, I will spell it out for you – Regardless of the night, hardly anyone watches this show. Point blank. Shows don’t usually grow in numbers, so the drop was to be expected. It doesn’t matter how “good” a show is. All of you criticizing the network clearly have no knowledge of the business.

Comment by Brett Staffen (@staffen) – October 20, 2012 04:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Why is it that “hardly anyone watches this show” and yet it is very rarely criticized creatively? You seem to claim to have knowledge of the business so maybe you can help me out with this one?

Comment by ♣ Nikitaverse ♣ (@nikitarecaps) – October 20, 2012 07:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • you’re making the assumption that the higher the quality of the show the higher the quantity of viewers should be. unfortunately, that’s not how it works. there are many crappy shows that many people like to watch, and reversely, really good shows that for whatever reason doesn’t find an audience.

Comment by jj – October 21, 2012 07:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Well the CW and WB are going to have to suck it up and get the show to syndication. The ratings are not reflective of the quality of show and writing that is being produced.

Comment by ♣ Nikitaverse ♣ (@nikitarecaps) – October 22, 2012 10:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Those that say that Nikita will get cancelled don’t know anything about TV at all. First of all its only 1 season away from syndication numbers. Noway they are going to cancel a show that is so close to the golden goose. It would not make any sense to do that.

Plus its huge overseas. I see a lot opf people saying they forgot it came back. Also looks like baseball took a big chunk in every show last night.

Comment by Michael – October 20, 2012 05:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • but that’s assuming there is a demand for it in syndication. A low rated serialised show won’t be as attractive compared to other shows like a high rated sitcom for example.
      I live overseas, I don’t know anyone else who watches it. Just curious, do you know where overseas that it is popular?

Comment by jj – October 21, 2012 07:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nikita is an excellent show, someone please tell me why people are not watching? I just don’t understand the writing is excellent, the stunts, the cast, critics love it, so why are people not watching??

Comment by SMG – October 20, 2012 06:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Because the CW has never been able to get a proper handle on how to market and promote the show. The main couple got engaged yesterday and there was ZERO promotion about it.

Comment by ♣ Nikitaverse ♣ (@nikitarecaps) – October 20, 2012 07:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • because of the timeslot that’s why. On season two they placed it on fridays and its a no brainer that its audience would shrink. They should have left it on the same timeslot for season 2 to gain more loyal followers. Now its paired with ANTM. wow very different viewers…you don’t expect the female viewers to tune in for Nikita now do you? They should have paired nikita with arrow since they have same audience. Supernatural does well on fridays so why not leave it there? And of course, lack of promotion. CW really has to change their marketing officers.

Comment by oliver – October 21, 2012 01:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nikita is heading for cancellation at lightning speed. Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s among the first five cancellations of the season.

Comment by Kasper F. Nielsen – October 20, 2012 07:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Shows in their 3rd season don’t get yanked off the air and immediately canceled like first season shows do. No way Nikita is among the first five canceled this season. Considering two new shows have already be pulled, that means you think Nikita will be among the next three to go? Partners, The Mob Doctor, 666 Park Avenue, Emily Owens, Last Resort will all get the ax before Nikita does. Worst case, Nikita gets its season order reduced.

Comment by JC – October 20, 2012 10:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • yeah I agree. much more likely that its season order is reduced and they have it finish off in January than have it yanked off completely from the schedule. It also depends on if the CW has anything else to serve as a replacement.

Comment by jj – October 21, 2012 07:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I don’t mean nescesarily yanked off the air, but more the announcement that the show has been cancelled and will wrap up its run after episode 13 this season.

Comment by Kasper F. Nielsen – October 21, 2012 03:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • How dumb can some of you get noway they are gonna reduce the order for this show. It will also get a 4th season for syndication so they can make more money on it. To cancel it would actually be losing money. Yes Nikita is big international. Maggie Q is a big star in china so there they could sell it in syndication and there are channels like FX,USAnetwork ect..

proof for those tools that don’t believe:

“Nikita is a big international seller for the CW’s sister studio Warner Bros TV.”

Those that say Nikita will be cancelled when its so close to syndication know NOTHING about the tv business. What shows has the CW right now that can get into syndication numbers only vampire diares and NIkita. Rest will not make it. Also NO show has been cancelled ever that was close to syndication and got a FULL 3rd season order

I am baffled that some don’t think here

Comment by Michael – October 22, 2012 10:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I find it hilarious when someone uses poor grammar while accusing others of being dumb. thanks for the laugh!

Comment by Jack – October 23, 2012 03:02 AM PDT
  • Move it back to 8 or team it up with Arrow. Its too crowded Friday at 9.

Comment by BrianR – October 20, 2012 08:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks a lot CW for putting one of my all-time fave shows between ANTM and the news! What were you thinking? Also I don’t like you launching all your shows premieres in October after all the other premieres. Everyone would have already picked their shows already they are watching and then you add on the CW shows? Do you want all your shows to tank? You better move Nikita to a different night before cancelling it and give it a fair chance because this failure is not the show’s fault, this is ALL squarely on the network!

FAIL

Comment by Tina B. – October 20, 2012 08:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No real surprise that hardly anyone watches Stinkita.

Comment by Chris – October 20, 2012 08:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nikita was NEVER a hit show..even by CW standards. I believe the ONLY reason it got renewed was because of the small loyal fanbase it apparently has. This series had 2 previous seasons to gain an audience and true fans of the show should be lucky that the CW have kept it going this long.

Comment by sammy – October 20, 2012 09:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Besides a small loyal fanbaseI think that Nikita got a thiird season because it does well overseas.

Comment by nikitafan – October 20, 2012 10:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If that small fanbase were true fans in the first place, they would switch on their tv at 9 instead of saying the lead-in isn’t compatible.
      @nikitafan: It does a little better overseas and that’s the only hope for CW at this stage. Its nowhere near the monstrous fandom that Supernatural has got. That’s in every country.

Comment by GK – October 20, 2012 11:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • wow put ANTM before nikita? its no surprise it got low ratings. Did they really think the female viewers of ANTM would tune in to NIkita? oh please CW what ever happened to using your brains? i love nikita and you should do something about this.

Comment by oliver – October 21, 2012 12:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Nikita, it is the only really non-sappy show minus a small handful of others that the CW has. Personally I would get rid of the overly sappy, horribly scripted, acted and advertised TVD. the only thing this shows draws is emo teens. Lets cut ANTM while you are at it. Beauty and the Beast is bad as well, seriously I cannot take Kristen Kruek as a detective seriously. Pair Nikita up with Arrow and I am pretty sure you would get a ratings increase.

Comment by jake – October 21, 2012 11:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Haha TVD has such a good storyline and it’s executed so well, that’s the only reason I watch that show, not because I am in love with vampire ^^

Comment by Kreshnik – October 21, 2012 02:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What with all the commercial and promo breaks, I just watch Nikita via my Netflx streaming. No ads. No on-screen c/r/a/p. And that’s the way I like it.

Comment by Stephen – October 21, 2012 12:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They should have kept Ringer…

Comment by belle – October 21, 2012 01:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • To early to tell. I didn’t even realize that season 3 had already started. Caught me totally by surprise, and I was just lucky that I saw it on the schedule. Plus wasn’t there a playoff game to contend with? Now, if the ratings stay this low, then we have a problem, but if it goes back up next week, then I’d say most of the people on here are just guessing as to what is going on (especially with only 1 episode having been aired). I don’t expect the show to be a ratings blockbuster, but I do want it to do decent. So let’s wait and see.

Comment by Nightwing – October 21, 2012 02:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It was weird for CW to premiere Nikita a week after the rest of their shows premiered. I’m not surprised people didn’t know it was coming back. But I’m very fearful of the ratings because Fringe was not on. I think Fringe and Grimm together will crush Nikita, which is sad because it’s a great show that gets zero promotion. ANTM hasn’t been relevant for years now. They need to just put it out of its misery. I think Nikita would go well with Arrow, but Supernatural is already there and doing well. I think it would do better being back on after TVD, it did better than Beauty is doing, and I think it did better than Secret Circle did too.

Comment by Mikael – October 22, 2012 09:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Nikita! One of my favs across all networks. However, there was little to no promotion for Season 3. I had NO clue when Nikita’a season premiere was! Thank God for DVR!

Comment by Sean Stewart – October 24, 2012 01:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Where do they get these ratings? Do Nielsen ratings even matter anymore?

People don’t watch TV on a Friday night. They record, watch later on HULU, buy the episode, watch Netflix, watch the dvd set when all the episodes for a season are available, or watch some illegal upload. CW: STOP MOVING NIKKITA AROUND. I didn’t even know this show was back on due to lack of press on it, and every time I expect it to be on at a certain time, it’s changed to something else.

Great show on the wrong network and targeting the wrong audience. Most people who watch America’s Next Top Model do not watch Nikkita.

Comment by John Doe – November 2, 2012 01:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NIKITA..is very awsome show..the ratings are unfair..and it should be moved from friday…cause that friday aint working most of us record it for watching later…CW should not cancel the show..

Comment by ff – November 17, 2012 09:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post