Ratings: Two and a Half Men Hits Season Highs, Y'all! Up All Night Up, Last Resort Spies Bump

Miley Cyrus on Two and a Half Men Thanks to or despite guest star Miley Cyrus, CBS’ Two and a Half Men this Thursday hits season highs in total viewers (with 13.6 million) and in the 18-49 demo (with a 4.0 rating), up 19 and 14 percent week-to-week.

Leading into the Men, The Big Bang Theory (15.4 mil/4.7) was up 9 percent and two tenths.

Rounding out CBS’ night, Person of Interest (13.8 mil/2.8) dipped 5 and 7 percent (but led the 9 o’clock hour in viewership), and Elementary (10.8 mil/2.3) slipped 3 and 8 percent.

RELATED | The New DVR Ratings Surge: Why Your Playback Habits Matter (and Why They Don’t)

Elsewhere on Thursday:

* Up All Night, rising 27 percent week-to-week to a 1.4 rating, was the only NBC comedy to increase. 30 Rock (3.33 mil/1.3) was flat, The Office (4.3 mil/2.0) dipped two tenths and Parks and Recreation (3.43 mil/1.6) was down 16 percent in the demo.

RELATED | Grey’s Anatomy Recap: An Unsettling Hour

* ABC’s Last Resort, currently at 7.3 million viewers and 1.7, is looking at a possible Week 4 uptick of 6 percent — unless an NFL preemption in San Francisco brings that number down to sea level. Grey’s Anatomy (9.5 mil/3.3) fell 13 percent, while Scandal (6.4 mil/2.0) was rock-steady.

RELATED | Scandal Recap: A Helluva Second Act

* The CW’s Vampire Diaries (2.74 mil/1.2) was down 14 and 25 percent, while Beauty and the Beast dropped 27 and 42 percent from its premiere to 2 mil/0.7.

RELATED | The Vampire Diaries Recap: A Bloody Mess

* Based on preliminary numbers, Fox’s coverage of the NLCS Game 4 averaged about 5.4 million viewers and a 1.4 rating (matching NBC’s demo for the night).

What were you tuned into this Thursday?

1. the guy says:

Hope Last Resort stays at that demo!! Its an awesome show!!
    I watched an episode of Two and a Half Men after 5 years just for Miley (I know, I know). Show is still stupid and unfunny, but she was slightly funny and damn hot!

2. Rawr says:

Last night VD was awesome.. The last scene with Alaric and Damon was one of the best moments ever on VD!

3. wrstlgirl says:

Loving Last Resort. I love Jonny Lee Miller but I’m finding myself bored with Elementary already. Vampire Diaries is same old, same old. I’m hanging on by a thread there, sadly.

• lingy300 says:

I agree with being bored with Elementary. Maybe the problem is we already have a great modern Sherlock Holmes in Sherlock. Benedict Cumberbatch’s Holmes is just that much better…

• wrstlgirl says:

I don’t have access to that show. I think the writing in Elementary is just ho hum. It’s just not that interesting and Watson is blah. I don’t find the character interesting at all.

• lingy300 says:

They have the first two seasons on Netflix plus if I remember correctly PBS has ran it as well. The seasons are short only 3 episodes in each but they are all 90 minutes long. Its fantastic great writing great characters and its what causes A LOT of my issues with Elementary. I’m waiting for things to happen like they do in that show and it never happens…I agree on Watson…totally uninteresting… I will keep soldiering on hoping that it will eventually get better.

• Templar says:

You can order it from your local library and keep it for a week.

• Kristina says:

Yeah I think that’s part of my problem…I watched Sherlock first, and this one just fell flat for me. And I’m just not seeing the chemistry (platonic, not romantic) between him and Watson. The guys from the British version are great together…these two, not so much.

• Templar says:

The problem I have with Miller’s Sherlock is that he’s so sloppy and erratic whereas Cumberbatch’s is delightfully precise and focused. Also Elementary’s Watson is practically robotic. Freeman, however, is so human he makes me feel what he’s feeling.

• Yo' says:

I happened into Last Resort accidentally and think it is great, if only because it encourages independent thinking. It is not the type of show I generally like, but it is very good.

4. I feel like any show that’s on NBC or ABC would get better ratings if it was on CBS. Don’t ask me why, though.

• eridapo says:

The CBS factor is “real”. Take any show on X network and move it to CBS, ratings go up 5/10 and a couple of million viewers.

Don’t you know that Les Moonves has the magic virus the affects all Nielsen boxes.

5. Hilla says:

What about Parks and Rec?

6. Moe says:

Ouch for the CW. I was expecting a drop for B&B but 42% to a .7? That’s huge. Surprisingly, Arrow is the #1 show for this week, followed by TVD and the ever reliable Supernatural. Genre shows really are the way to go for the CW. I just think there was a bit of a misfire with the writing and casting for B&B.

• .7 is indeed some sorry ratings for B&TB. If it stays there, it has a chance at a season two but I see it dropping a bit more. Between the fact that it was the only scripted option last week and the people who watched didn’t seem to enjoy it, I figured last week’s ratings were pretty padded.

• Traci G says:

I’m not surprised that BATB dropped so much this week. Last week’s ratings were much higher because it was on the only broadcast network that had regular programming against the VP debate. I think Arrow is doing better because it has a built-in fanbase from the Comics and maybe even Smallville. Of course, there was an 80s TV version of BATB, but any of those viewers would be too old to be watching anything on The CW. I think Arrow definitely gets a full season order now from The CW, but I’m not too optimistic on Emily Owens and BATB.

7. Tedi says:

Hope Scandal gets to at least a 2.5 towards the end of the season! Our mission is to get a season 3 :D preferably for the midseason,that’d be awesome

8. Sara says:

Ouch BATB!! Maybe CW should kick up their promotion

9. eridapo says:

These ratings are sad… Since premiere week shows are dropping every week. I know this is a common occurrence. If this downward trend continues, we are heading to Cable like numbers where anything above a 1 is celebrated as a success.

10. K.C says:

I’m actually enjoying Beauty and the Beast. I’ve never watched a CW show before, but after seeing Kristin Kreuk on Chuck, I was interested in seeing her in something else. Although it could be written more smartly, I’m actually surprised at the quality of the show. I always thought the CW hired pretty people who couldn’t act. BatB still has the pretty, but the acting is fine and there’s a nice racially mixed cast.,

• Renee says:

I’m actually enjoying it as well.

• Brandy says:

I’m enjoying it too.Kristin and Jay are good/decent actors and Jay is handsome.

• GKguy says:

I liked the second episode more, but its still not worth it. Just hanging in there for Kristin. The only one who can’t act is the lead actor.

• Kristina says:

I like it pretty well too. She was also on Smallville for several seasons (although I’ll warn you, her character may make you want to hate the actress after a while; it did my husband. Funnily enough I liked her. But anyway…); you should check that one out, it’s worth watching.

11. Jared says:

Miley Cyrus made 2.5 Men last night. Her character was hilarious. Hopefully after seeing those ratings CBS will bring her back later in the season.

12. sammy says:

I agree Miley was so funny. Make her character move and let her become a recurring character!. This coming from someone who isn’t even a fan of hers.

13. Toms1€ says:

scandal is such a flop. can’t wait to see it canceled

• tp72 says:

I don’t understand why you want a show to be cancelled. What about the people who enjoy it? Why not just watch something else?

• tripoli says:

Because it leaves an open time slot for something that one does enjoy. Wouldn’t we all like a TV schedule full of only things we want to watch?

• tp says:

So you would rather wish a show cancelled because only you want something else in that time slot? You know what….nevermind.

• wrstlgirl says:

I personally don’t see the appeal for Scandal. It can stay on the airwaves forever, makes no difference to me.

• GKguy says:

Scandal is really compelling. I would say its like The Good Wife, but the writing is not as great as that one.

14. tp72 says:

I enjoyed all of my shows last night. Last Resort, BBT, Person of Interest, Grey’s, Scandal and Elementary. Scandal was excellent! Favorite line: I’m Quinn B*itch! The ratings could be better for Last Resort though. I don’t want it to get cancelled.

Matt, do you know if the Charlie Brown halloween special is going to air?

15. Ann says:

Last resort is awesome and hope it gets picked up for full,season and season 2. As for Person of interest it is always awesome. I think it’s the best show of its genre right now.

16. G says:

Glad to see Last Resort have an uptick in the ratings this week.

17. Michael says:

As long as B&TB can keep up a 1.7 I think it’ll be safe for the season. I guess it’ll depend on how the 3rd episode does. The CW really does not have any backups for their fall shows. Cult and Carrie Diaries are already planned for midseason [with their campaigns happening then, too].

Anyone know how the shows on the CW compare to each other so far? Which ones seem the most likely to be cancelled? I know Arrow is obviously safe.

• Brandy says:

Arrow,SPn,VD are locks for renewal, Beauty’s in the middle of the CW shows for now but it cant fall any more or itll only have its intial episode order but Emily Owens MD debuted low so right now it’s likley to only finish its inital episode order and be cancelled.HoD could go either way.90210 is not doing well but could either get a final short sixth season or wrap up this season & end.Nikita will probably stay close to the bottom of the pack along with GG & 90210.Emily Owens seems most prone to cancellation right now.

18. Patricia says:

Last resort was Awsome I hope it survives

19. AlbTrex says:

So Arrow was the most watched CW show this week!! Wow!

20. Daniel says:

I fell asleep during Last Resort. Tells you everything you need to know.

21. bob says:

As if Charlie Sheen, Ashton Kutcher and horrible writing weren’t enough to keep me away from that show, then they go and throw that horrible hillbilly into the mix.

22. Dean says:

TVD was adjusted up to a 1.3 demo and 2.91 million viewers. This awesome episode got screwed over because the premiere was horrid and many were turned off by it. The way Elena was portrayed as a vampire here should have been the the first episode.

23. j says:

she did a great job.. 2 1/2 men is doing much better.. they are bringing Jake and the mom back a bit more which makes the show much better. leave the Brit out.. don’t care for her character.