Last Resort and 666 Park Get Additional Script Orders; Mindy Project's Season Extended

Get More: News

Two freshman ABC dramas received votes of confidence on Friday, while one brand-new Fox hit just became a bigger one.

RELATED | Last Resort: Is Marcus a Mad Man? What Went Wrong in D.C.? And More Burning Questions

Both Last Resort, which this Thursday inched up 6 percent after two weeks of slippage, and 666 Park Avenue, which has dipped each week since its debut, have received orders for two additional scripts. While that is well shy of receiving a full-season (or “back 9″) pick-up, it at the very least serves as an indicator that a network has faith enough to see where a new show might be headed.

In fact, Last Resort cocreator Shawn Ryan tweeted earlier this evening that next week’s episode of the military/island drama is his and partner Karl Gajdusek’s “favorite since the pilot.”

RELATED | Mindy Project Preview: Halloween Quandaries, Office Visits and Michael Scott as Role Model

Fox’s The Mindy Project, meanwhile, already received a full-season order earlier this month– but that freshman run is now bigger. Fox has ordered two additional episodes, bringing the good doc’s first cycle to 24 episodes.

Comments (50)

• Happy about last resort and mindy indifferent towards 666 park avenue, while I liked the pilot. The next 2 episodes have been gathering dust in my tivo.

Comment by tht19 – October 19, 2012 04:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m in the same boat as you. The last to 666′s are still sitting on my DVR. There’s just no rush.

Comment by Lena120 – October 19, 2012 05:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The body is getting full… haven’t queued up those eps either, but I do LOVE Last Resort.

Comment by Tj – October 19, 2012 06:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The first episode of any show is just setting up the characters .. the next two episodes were fun..nobody takes this type of show seriously but we liked them and hope the series gets renewed. Once Upon a Time, well the first show of the season was good…but now we are back to Regina in power so that’s kind of boring..

Comment by Rachel Pierce – October 21, 2012 10:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Funny I just deleted my series recording of 666 park. But so happy I love Last Resort!

Comment by Grace331 – October 19, 2012 04:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Surprising, you would think 666 would get cancelled any day now with those ratings.

Comment by Ernie loves Bert – October 19, 2012 04:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Happy about Mindy but not watching the other 2

Comment by tvaddict – October 19, 2012 04:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You should be watching Last Resort. It’s the best new drama to premiere this season. I would say Last Resort should air after Revenge on Sundays so it has a better chance at getting larger ratings, but it’s more male skewing than Revenge is – which is another show you should be watching if you’re not already!

Comment by iMember – October 19, 2012 07:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I dont get invested in shows that are going to get canned. And believe me, it will.

Comment by popculturewithkyle – October 19, 2012 10:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Agreed. I’ve mostly shied away from anything new. I did watch 666 Park Avenue one night, while bored. I am intrigued but am getting annoyed with the lead female. I was interested in Last Resort but didn’t want to get invested in a potential cancellation. Maybe I should rethink that and start watching. Not all that invested in 666, so I will survive the cancellation that will most likely come.

Comment by tripoli – October 20, 2012 04:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Why is it that on every show, if somebody doesn’t like it and one of the leads is a female, they always blame the woman! The lead actress is very good on 666! And yeah, start watching Last Resort.

Comment by Dean – October 21, 2012 06:03 AM PDT
  • You people are missing out 666 Park Avenue is really getting good. The latest episode was the best yet.

Comment by Stacey L Toth – October 19, 2012 04:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yep, the pilot left something to be desired, but it’s improved with each episode and this last one was excellent.

Comment by ChrisGa – October 19, 2012 05:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree. I was about to delete my season pass until this last episode. It is getting much better.

Comment by Kim – October 19, 2012 06:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Absolutely agree! The story is developing nicely.

Comment by Wrstlgirl – October 19, 2012 06:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally agree! Its getting really interesting!

Comment by GKguy – October 20, 2012 01:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I like 666, too. And I’m a scaredy cat, so, I close my eyes on all the scary scenes, but I like the characters and the story!

Comment by Barbie Furtado – October 21, 2012 02:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • We really like 666 Park Avenue.. tried to like Last Resort but just couldn’t stomach that somebody in our government bombed millions of civilian just to get control of the White House..no way..did not feel happy at the end of both trial episodes..

Comment by Rachel Pierce – October 21, 2012 10:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It’s a TV show! Just like every rip-roaring thriller or mystery story you ever read; like every ripped-from-the-news spy story, IT’S JUST A TV SHOW! Mind you, I’m uncomfortable with the moments where it’s apparent that our government is behind the chicanery… but then how unreal is that… there’s always more going on than we know. But THIS IS A TV SHOW. I watched the first episide expecting to be bored stiff, watching a parade of pretty caricatures… but found enough to intrigue me. Second episode, better yet. Third, wacky but interesting. This last one, dynamite in spite of all the long preening close-ups. I’m hooked ON THIS TV SHOW!

Comment by bruce – October 26, 2012 05:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am very happy about the additional scripts for Last Resort. Fingers crossed for a back 9 pickup!

Comment by Sara – October 19, 2012 05:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Happy about last resort favorite new show

Comment by Patricia – October 19, 2012 05:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am watching Last Resort and Revolution. Last Resort is a much better show when it comes to tension, suspense and acting. Revolution is ok… It is a fun, little show but it is a comic book to the novel which is Last Resort.

Comment by John From Raleigh – October 19, 2012 05:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Last Resort is kinda meh. Love the Mindy Project. Mindy Kaling can do no wrong in my eyes. 666 Park Avenue is pretty good though. Love Vanessa Williams.

Comment by Mark – October 19, 2012 05:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Last Resort is kinda of a drag for me. The overall plot of right winged politicians & military leaders taking over the US Government is best depicted in a motion picture. Image that the Jason Bourne movies were never produced but started as a tv series. The show would never make it half a year.

Comment by Chuck – October 19, 2012 06:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mindy is a hit? Ok… I watch both Park Avenue and Last Resort. The first one is interesting but the writing is not great. The weekly arcs are really, really weak. They seem to interrupt the narrative rather than contribute anything to it. But I keep watching because I like the cast. From Terry to Vanessa to Rachael and Robert Buckley. I hope the writing improves. I’m more surprised about LR. I really can’t imagine where this is going. The plot just seems so over the top and lacks credibility. The first epi was exciting but then it just got weak. I’m still watching out of curiosity but the writing has been getting worst. IMO. So, it’s interesting that ABC has ordered additional epis, especially with it being an 8 o’clock showing getting 1′s in the ratings. Park Avenue gets 1′s but it’s on at 10 which is a much weaker spot. Wait, does that mean that Scandal can now get a full season order? Because it does better than both and it’s really good. This season is even better then last.

Comment by Ana – October 19, 2012 06:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I sort of think it’s a comparison thing going on. The last two shows in the Thursday 8 pm slot on ABC bombed badly, whereas Last Resort is actually holding it’s audience and slightly improved this week. Between TBBT and XFactor, nothing is getting traction in that slot.

Comment by Lola – October 19, 2012 07:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t stand Mindy project ugh.. maybe I’m not sluttty enough for that show. I kinds like the Last resort. 666 seems interesting but too slow for me.

Comment by Nina – October 19, 2012 07:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You seem exceptionally slutty to me. I was like, what is that whore thinking?

Comment by Thilia – October 19, 2012 09:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Nice. How is The Mindy Project slutty, exactly? I don’t recall her sleeping with a bunch of people. She’s looking for love. The show introduced itself as being about a woman who’s a little too into romantic comedies, so dating as a subject makes sense. That doesn’t make it slutty.

Comment by Mitholas – October 20, 2012 01:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Omfglmao

Comment by StupidPeopleShutUp – October 21, 2012 09:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m not a fan of the Mindy Project, but god damn, that is one of the dumbest comments I have ever read.

Comment by Joey – October 20, 2012 04:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Enjoying both Last Resort and 666 Park Ave. Good news!

Comment by jake – October 19, 2012 07:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • well, that’s good. Last Resort deserve to be renewed. The Mindy Project deserve a chance. and let’s hope that FOX will give Ben&Kate a chance, too. Because the show has some potential.

Comment by Mohanad – October 19, 2012 08:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Isn’t it possible that the network isn’t demonstrating faith or interested in seeing where the shows go, but is simply giving both shows the opportunity to have final episodes before they are officially canceled? Remember Pan Am? Pan Am was given one more episode, and it was a series finale.

Comment by DSS – October 19, 2012 09:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s exactly what I think, DSS. Both shows will have the opportunity to wrap up their storylines so that they can be marketed as miniseries overseas.

Comment by TMW – October 19, 2012 09:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No, that’s not how it works. “Additional script orders” happen every fall, and it never results in a “doomed series getting to write a proper finale.” (Does anyone feel PAN AM aired a proper ending? A GIFTED MAN? They had additional script orders.) It’s just what I said above: It’s for the network decision-makers, who may be on the fence because of ratings, to see if the show is heading in a good direction.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich, Editor-at-Large TVLine.com – October 20, 2012 05:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Matt, these are new times we’re living in, TV production-wise. Thank God some of the networks are catching on to the British (and cable) mode of limiting episodes. The 22 episode season is not necessarily set in stone anymore. Smash only did 15 episodes their first season and I think are doing the same thing this season. The Following on Fox will only have 10 episodes. Zero Hour on ABC will have 12. The rules are finally changing and it’s about time.

Comment by TMW – October 20, 2012 08:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Forgot to add that the scuttlebutt on all the NY sets this week was that 666 had been cancelled. I don’t know about Last Resort but I wouldn’t be too optimistic by this miniscule script order. It smells like a “let’s wrap this thing up” to me. There’s no way the ratings can improve unless they get T

Comment by TMW – October 20, 2012 01:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hey people, ABC has a history of not backing the fledgling dramas such as “Invasion”, “The Gates”, and “Defying Gravity.” Well written dramas such as these and many other will not survive on this network of little faith. Don’t get your hopes up. Sorry…

Comment by luckylou1111 – October 19, 2012 11:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • With the kind of ratings it gets, I’ll take what I can get! Revolution and Last Resort are the only new dramas which I really love! 666 is getting exciting as well.

Comment by GKguy – October 20, 2012 01:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loving 666 Park Ave, Elementary & Revolution & hope they all stick around. Haven’t seen Last Resort.
    Amyone else watch Haven or Alphas on Syfy? Love those two as well.
    Revenge is a big favorite. The Voice is the only reality I’m watching…no XFactor, Survivor, Amazing Race or even DWTS this year. Too much reality tv these days!

Comment by Brenda – October 20, 2012 04:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Loving Haven.. Alphas is OK but no time to watch it.. Loving Revenge..agree with you on the Reality Shows.. except for Bravo ;) Waiting for Being Human to start it’s winter season. So over Dr Who..think it’s jumped the shark..

Comment by Rachel Pierce – October 21, 2012 10:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love 666 Park Avenue more than I thought I would. And what da eff else are ABC gonna put on that time-slot anyway? I hope they stick with my new favorite devilish-show till the end
    Glad to see Last Resort up there too. It’s a shame that a show of this quality is getting such low ratings

Comment by sawyerf8 – October 20, 2012 05:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Happy about Mindy and hoping for the same with Ben&Kate. Throw in Raising Hope and New Girl, and Tuesday on FOX has become my “must-see TV” night!

Comment by Ashlyn – October 20, 2012 01:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So happy about the additional orders for 666 and TLR. Last week’s epsode of 666 was much better than the previous eps.

Comment by Emanda – October 21, 2012 07:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Let’s talk more about sluttiness.

Comment by StupidPeopleShutUp – October 21, 2012 09:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please watch this show. We need to get the rating up. To have more seasons.

Comment by Andrey – November 8, 2012 06:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Last Resort now cancelled – that sucks ! First cancellation I’ve been upset about in a while :(

Comment by angelstorm – November 17, 2012 04:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hi to all, the contents present at this website are
    actually awesome for people knowledge, well, keep
    up the good work fellows.

Comment by company site – April 9, 2013 08:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You can generally serve beer and wine for this theme, and you can decorate with wreathes, garland,
    candles and anything else in the Roman fashion.

The benefits generated by these events are numerous.
    i – Mob Online has a pattern of giving odd numbers of free Respect
    Points away with its updates, and the twenty seven free Respect Points in this
    situation are just as strange.

Comment by mac till midnight – February 21, 2014 02:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post