Arrow Hot Shots: Enter Deathstroke — and John Barrowman's 'Well-Dressed Man'!

Get More: Photo Gallery, Previews

Halloween may have come and gone by the time The CW’s Arrow airs its fifth episode, “Damaged,” but that doesn’t mean there won’t be some spooky and/or mysterious creatures in the mix.

In fact, DC Comics’ villain Deathstroke (guest star Jeffrey Robinson) figures prominently in the following set of photos from the Nov. 7 installment, as does Torchwood star John Barrowman, who arrives as the cryptically identified “Well Dressed Man.”

And that’s not all. The hour will center around our protgonist Oliver Queen getting arrested for murder by Detective Lance (Paul Blackthorne), and insisting to his mother that the only defense attorney he’ll accept is the daughter of the man who put him behind bars, ex-girlfriend Laurel. (Awkward!)

Things get even more complicated for Oliver after he agrees to take a polygraph, and Lance asks him if anyone else was with him during his five years stranded on the island That’s when Oliver flashes back to the time he got his first scar, courtesy of Deathstroke.

Are you excited for the arrival of this new (and masked) baddie? Who do you think Barrowman is playing? Hit the comments with your thoughts!

Comments (29)

• I am so thrilled John Barrowman is on this show!

Comment by Vanessa – October 19, 2012 02:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me too! After all of Torchwood,doctor who, and Sarah Jane were practilly pulled off because of the hide and go seek scene in Torchwood and David Tennent leaving dr. Who even though Torchwood came back it still was not the same with just Eve. But JB. Is who the fans want to see and follow like the pied pipper in the fairy tale . He had more of a following than anyone In the 2 shows.

Comment by SusanMariePalmer – October 25, 2012 06:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Also his nemesis has to be a lawyer with some name and then either death stroke or some side kick for green arrow maybe the green lantern
        They did mention him coming on to visit like greenarrowbdid on small ville .

Comment by SusanMariePalmer – October 25, 2012 06:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I bet he’s Nemesis, Maxwell Lord, or someone from checkmate.

Comment by Josh – October 19, 2012 02:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BARROWMAN!

Comment by Dominique – October 19, 2012 03:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want to see John Barrowman! No idea who he will be playing but I can’t wait to find out. John Barrowman is on my tv again!

Comment by MERCEDES (@hatorl) – October 19, 2012 03:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Arrow sure likes it’s Broadway men! First Colin Donnell, now John Barrowman. Please say Lin Manuel Miranda can be a Riddler type villian that raps his riddles.

Comment by lissab99 – October 19, 2012 03:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Max Lord or Count Vertigo.

Comment by Grayson – October 19, 2012 03:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OH MY GOSH! Let the similarities continue (though, it’s not a bad thing). Just like Emily Thorne from “Revenge”, Oliver Queen is being trained by a skilled Asian male character too!

Comment by iMember – October 19, 2012 03:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • pffft… show me a hero epic without the magical negro, I would applaud.

Comment by Yursare – October 20, 2012 12:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yep, he has his very own Takeda.

Comment by qwer987 – October 20, 2012 02:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Barrowman is Bruce Wayne.

Comment by Nicholas – October 19, 2012 03:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not a big Barrowman fan, so I hope he’s not a super important character and can just come and go quickly. But the show has been pretty good so far, and it should be cool to see what happened on the island.

Comment by Drew – October 19, 2012 03:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve been wondering if Barrowman is playing a version of Brick from the GA comics.

Comment by Michael Sacal – October 19, 2012 03:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Does the CW put its shows online? I missed ARROW this week & it’s not in my OnDemand menu. I want to be caught up for Barrowman!

Comment by JP – October 19, 2012 04:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They do put their episodes online on their official site.

Comment by iMember – October 19, 2012 05:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Fantastic! Thank you!

Comment by JP – October 19, 2012 05:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so hoping that Barrowman portrays Bruse Wayne =D

Comment by mac – October 19, 2012 04:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That would be amazing! Although after watching him play heroic Capt. Jack, it might be fun to see him play someone more ambiguous.

Comment by Rose – October 20, 2012 07:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m REALLY liking this show, but I kind of wish I had waited until the end of the season to start watching. Get the DVD’s and watch in a marathon weekend. This wait 7 days until the next episode thing really sucks.

Comment by Renee – October 19, 2012 05:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I cannot wait for John Barrowman to be on! He’s the reason I even started watching this show and I’m glad for that because I’m loving it so far even though he hasn’t been on yet – so it can only get better once his character shows up! I don’t care who he’s playing so long as he sticks around for a while.

Comment by Tess – October 19, 2012 07:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I did the same thing! I read that John Barrowman was going to be on so I had to watch Arrow. Luckily, I actually enjoyed the show, but I’d still like to see more of the “well-dressed man.”

Comment by Kimberly – November 9, 2012 03:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why is Oliver Queen living in Lex Luthor’s house?

Comment by Joanna – October 19, 2012 09:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Haha i noticed that too. I mean its one thing for a different network or different genre show to use those shots, but another comic book tv show on the same network, whoses loyal viewers probably make up 70% of the viewership of Arrow? lol not that smart. But oh well.

Comment by M3rc Nate – October 19, 2012 10:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • only so many mansions in BC XD

Comment by Shaun – October 19, 2012 11:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So excited!! I’m LOVING this show and the addition of Barrowman is just too exciting

Comment by mia – October 19, 2012 09:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HOPE JOHN BARROWMAN LASTS FOREVER !!

DEATHSTROKE seems GREAT, i just dont like the LOOK OF DEATHSHOT

Comment by Ncooke – October 20, 2012 05:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Arrow is great!..cant wait to see what happens in upcoming episodes. CW has a solid show here.

Comment by sammy – October 20, 2012 10:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • baaaarrowmaaaan *shake fist*

show is rellay good and promising, and with barrowman in it it’s a must see for me!

Comment by Lilu – October 20, 2012 02:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post