SNL Vet Andy Samberg to Star in Fox Comedy Pilot from Parks and Recreation Creator

Get More: Casting News, Pilots

Saturday Night Live alum Andy Samberg has been cast in an untitled Fox comedy pilot from Parks and Recreation co-creator Mike Schur and executive producer Dan Goor, our sister site Deadline reports.

The single-camera project revolves around a diverse group of detectives in a precinct at the very edge of New York City. Samberg, who departed the NBC sketch show at the end of last season, will play the lead investigator.

“Andy’s hilarious, and he was the first guy we thought of when we designed the part,” Schur and Goor tell the site. “From the moment we mentioned his name, everyone at Universal Television and Fox was 100% on-board. Andy loved the pitch, and it all came together really quickly. We couldn’t be happier.”

Comments (8)

• Considering Parks & Rec is the best comedy on TV currently, and Samburg is quite talented I’m excited for this.

Comment by Kevin – October 18, 2012 03:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My feelings could not be more mixed. On one hand, I’m pretty much guaranteed to love this. On the other… I wish it wasn’t at the expense of inevitable additional Parks worries.

Comment by Emily – October 18, 2012 03:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He’s a little obnoxious, this will be a huge flop.

Comment by Fox can't get hit sitcoms – October 18, 2012 04:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Andy! He’s been great in Cuckoo, hope they make another series

Comment by Em – October 18, 2012 04:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This should be fantastic! A Thursday night comedy block featuring this, Parks & Rec, Community and The New Normal.. sigh. A boy can only wish.

Comment by Eric – October 18, 2012 05:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oops, ignore this! I missed that it would be for Fox, and my brain just made a Parks & Rec/NBC connection. Make that:

A comedy block featuring this, New Girl, Raising Hope and either Ben and Kate/The Mindy Project.

Comment by Eric – October 18, 2012 05:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This will either be AWESOME, or terrible. I’m hoping for awesome.

Comment by CJ – October 18, 2012 05:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great, I’ll check it out. My spouse was kinda crushed when I told him Digital Shorts are in the past.

Comment by nadine – October 18, 2012 06:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post