Frank Darabont's TNT Period Drama L.A. Noir Picked Up to Series

Get More: Series Orders

TNT Orders L.A. Noir SeriesEx-Walking Dead showrunner Frank Darabont‘s period drama L.A. Noir has officially been picked up by TNT.

The cabler has ordered a total of six episodes of the series, which stars Walking Dead‘s Jon Bernthal as an ex-Marine now working as an LAPD cop in an era rampant with police corruption.

The project, based on John Buntin’s book L.A. Noir: The Struggle for the Soul of America’s Most Seductive City, is set in the 1940s and tells the true story of a decades-long conflict between the Los Angeles Police Department, under the determined leadership of Police Chief William Parker (Justified‘s Neal McDonough), and ruthless criminal elements led by Mickey Cohen, a one-time boxer who rose to the top of L.A.’s criminal world.

The cast includes fellow Walking Dead alum Jeffrey DeMunn as well as Jeremy Strong and Milo Ventimiglia.

Comments (24)

• Good cast!

Comment by Liam – October 17, 2012 12:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay! Milo Ventimiglia back on my tv!

Comment by Leah – October 17, 2012 12:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Only six episodes? I was really hoping for more — at least ten, but ideally thirteen.

Comment by J – October 17, 2012 12:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Six episodes?!? Do we live in England?

Comment by Buckly – October 17, 2012 12:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t wait to see Jon Bernthal again. What a great actor!!!

Comment by Victoria – October 17, 2012 01:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m thinking that it will be kind of expensive to produce, thus the small order. TPTB may want to see how it performs before ordering more. I’m really excited for this. I’m a huge Milo Ventimiglia fan.

Comment by Sarah – October 17, 2012 01:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is this the same story of the game named LA Noire?

Comment by nbgjo – October 17, 2012 01:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      totally different.
      just similar names and same environment

Comment by Polly – October 17, 2012 01:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Thanks. When I read the post I found it extremely familiar to the game…

Comment by nbgjo – October 17, 2012 01:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Actually, the plot is exactly the same, down to him being an ex marine….

Comment by LaughingMan008@aol.com – October 17, 2012 01:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Maybe Polly was being sarcastic then. lol
          Anyway, i’ll check it out.

Comment by nbgjo – October 17, 2012 01:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Far as I know the game was also based off the book, but not sure how closely it followed it. It will be weird to not see Aaron Staton in the lead role after having played the game.

Comment by Joe Key – October 17, 2012 02:04 PM PDT
          • I agree. Aaron did a great job in the game.

Comment by nbgjo – October 17, 2012 03:23 PM PDT
  • I think I’ll check this out

Comment by Gilda – October 17, 2012 01:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Neal McDonough is playing a good guy again? I haven’t seen that in a while. It sounds like an interesting show.

Comment by Peggy – October 17, 2012 01:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Any word on when it will air?

Comment by Alison – October 17, 2012 01:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So happy to see Milo back on TV with a project as strong at this. He deserves it!

Comment by Poppy – October 17, 2012 01:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As if Chief Parker ever did a thing to elminate corruption or stop cops from harassing minorities. He should be the villan of the piece.

Comment by Don Azure – October 17, 2012 02:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When is it going to air??? I’ve been wondering where this show was ever since shane got killed on the dead. Hope it gets more episodes and that its a good show

Comment by nate p – October 17, 2012 02:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OT a bit, but L.A. Noire was an extremely underrated video game. The artwork, the voice acting, the setting, the story arc…mesmerizing IMHO. Too bad it got panned by casual gamers as being “boring”.

Comment by Pat D. – October 17, 2012 03:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show doesn’t necessarily appeal to me..but ill watch anything with my boy Milo.

Comment by Jared – October 17, 2012 04:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sounds greal NEAL kicks ass
    when. does it start

Comment by mroshimaida – October 17, 2012 05:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I could’ve sworn I read somewhere that it will air sometime this year. They better start cracking if they still want to do that

Comment by Hibsta – October 17, 2012 09:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I didn’t care for the movie version, but I do like the sound of this cast list. Neal McDonough alone gets my viewership, but Walking Dead actors/former showrunner also make it happy.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – October 18, 2012 11:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post