Hot Shots: Hart of Dixie Does Halloween!

It’s almost Halloween on The CW’s Hart of Dixie, which, according to these first look photos from the Oct. 30 installment, means two things: Bluebell’s best are hitting the town in their most clever costumes — and there are all sorts of couplings going on!

First, there’s Zoe/Wade, which we’re used to seeing by now, and then there’s Zoe/George, which is… still a thing, we guess. There’s also Lavon/Annabeth, which we’re kinda loving (even if it is just a friendly dance). And then there’s Lemon/Empty Barstool, looking unhappy and most definitely uncoupled. Full of Marilyn Mon-woe?

RELATED | Hart of Dixie Season 2: 8 Scoopy Bits Revealed!

Click through the holiday-themed shots below, and then hit the comments with your picks for Bluebell’s Best Costume — and Best Twosome!

TAGS: ,
GET MORE: First Look, Photo Gallery

1. Lorena says:

Im hyperventilating, Wade in a tux!

2. Addy says:

I’ve noticed before but now I can really see how hunky George is. He’s hotter than Wade.

3. gary says:

Lavon and Annabeth! Yes! Yes! Yes! Them two will be awesome together

4. Shell says:

Ugh. Someone said it perfectly on tumblr. George is the Duncan Kane of Hart of Dixie.

5. Kristina says:

Two things: Lemon makes a perfect Marilyn Monroe, and Wade should wear a tux more often. Way more often.

6. tp says:

I think HOD has lost me. I found myself fast forwarding through most of the ep. I don’t like the direction the writers took Golden Brooks character. Side note: I’m distracted by whatever the hell is going on with her face. I don’t like Zoe and Wade together in the slightest. It amazes me she wants him after the way he talks to her. It’s like she’s ok with being talked down to. I will say that now I am starting to like Lemon when I couldn’t stand her and all the drama at first. I don’t want to stop watching because I love all of the quirky festivals and towns people. I just don’t care for Wade. sigh. I’m trying to hold on.

• Marc1 says:

You know tp, I was willing to give Wade a chance and I know that Zoe can be trying sometimes. The characters all have their insecurities and issues to work through, but Wade is downright disrespectful and mean to Zoe and it amazes me that in the end, she’s always the one to be reaching out and she’s always the one who ends up feeling like she was being a jerk. I just don’t get what is so endearing about Wade. Never mind what’s going on with George, but I am a bit concerned that Zoe allows any guy to treat her the way that Wade does and she’s okay with it.
      Golden Brooks is so pretty, but yeah, something is going on with her mouth for sure.

• tp says:

I thought I was the only person here that felt that way about Wade being disrespectful. Most people on here love Wade and I just don’t see it.

• Amanda says:

I agree about the Ruby character – I find her pretty unlikable, and I can’t figure out if the writers intend her to be or not. I also find something odd about the way she talks. I love Levon, so I hope they don’t end up putting them together.

• Ace says:

I hope Ruby leaves town after she loses the election. And I think Lavon could work with either Lemon or Annabeth… or maybe even Zoe, somewhere down the line, once with Wade/Zoe/George triangle has been driven in the ground.

• Caro says:

Yeah TP, I can relate. I loved HOD is S1 but S2 has too much Wade. I don’t like him and I don’t like Zoey with him. I haven’t watched as much this year because of Wade.

7. adlib19 says:

So is Wade the bartender from The Shining? Love it.

8. Ella says:

THUD. Wade in a Tux.

9. Kira says:

George is smoking hot in that firemans outfit!!!!!!

10. ShanyLu says:

I used to really like Wade, but I am all about George these days. He looks incredible as a fireman. HOT!

11. Kate says:

WOW! George looks so cute in his fireman costume! Really rugged and totally HOT! Lavon looks sweet and happy dancing with Annabeth. What idiot put Wade in a tux? He looks completely out of place and just really slimey…like a bad wedding singer! UGH!

12. Sarah says:

Wade won me over last season, but this season he’s such a jerk I just want him to shut up. He’s mean and condescending. What gives? This week’s episode was infuriating. He gave Zoe so much crap about not acting on how she truly feels, yet, he is worse than anyone about that! Yes he’s gorgeous, but he is not nice to her. Moving to Team George.

13. Lynzee says:

I have been Team George since this aired. Wade and Zoe never seemed to have a connection like George and Zoe do. I just fear that George and her are not going to end up together because the writers are not letting them have much if any interactions so far this season. I think the way they look at each other just speaks volumes of how they feel for one another, but everyone likes the bad boy. That is why I think Wade will ultimately win her heart. Sad face.

14. brv says:

Wait a minute… Wade is not ok for Zoe? Oh come on people. I love Zoe but let’s face it: she is (or at least used to be) egoist, snob and a dog in the manger. Don’t you remember the race? When Wade thought that Zoe wants to help him but turned out that she just wanted to get closer to George. And Wade lost his chance to win the race and get money to open his own bar (Zoe knew that he had dreamed about it, he told her, but she didn’t care…). Wade always helps her, selflessly (snake thing, ghost, gumbo, Lily Anne, now armadillo and a lot more), and she most often behaves as she doesn’t appreciate it. And this whole “dog in the manger” thing… There’s a lot of her behaviors that are simply awful. So wow, I’m really amazed that you guys are saying that Wade treats her badly. He is sarcastic and pretending uninvolved because he doesn’t want to suffer. Because that’s what always happen: he suffers because of Zoe.

15. woman says:

Well said brv. Zoe is no prize…She is constantly causing S**** and she gets away with it. She is a self centered brat. Iam still upset with her about that wedding (stealing another woman’s man) . When it comes to Z and G these peole like the show have a double standard. LOL The show is during whatever it takes to make George likeable /cool (i.e. abs, woman, singing, even handing out with Wade)… i guess “sleep walking “is the next PATHETIC attempt. If Porter thinks being coupled with Bilson is going make him interesting/likable then I got news for him. All of the other characters Wade, Lavone, Annebeth, and Lemon stand on their own merits…hey don’t need to hide behind another character to make their mark on the show. This is PATETIC KUDOS to Wade, LAVONE, ANNABETH, and LEMON

16. bye says:

I too am going to stop watching the show. I don’t like what’s going on here and it may be why the rating are not that great. It look like the show favors one guy over another and because of it they … turning the most likable guy (wade) in to jerk in order to make the other guy (george) look good. It’s a shame because the show started off good (season 1) and had it continued on course who knows. I was disappointed that the producer (a woman) would write espisodes were as George and Wade both disrespected Zoey. George in New Orleans and Wade talked about he and Zoey sex. Maybe the show should have been discontinued last season. Bethel was fanatic on this show and had he been surrounded by good writer who are non bias I think the show would have been around for a while and maybe won awards who knows. It’s a shame

17. faith says:

I wish the show would man up. Zoey needs to chose one and I hope it’s George. I love Wade but I think he deserves alot better then Zoey. She does nothing but WHINE and like others have said she is a self centered brat. She and George are perfect for each other because he’s same.the way.

18. fno says:

You guys are just mean (calling people rats or talking about their mouth) This behavior is ugly. All of the characters are flawed including Zoey and George. You guys have a double standard when it comes to them. In you minds they can do NO wrong and that just not so. Like someone said Zoey has caused a lot of S*** and so has George. If you’re gonna ATTACK anyone it should be Lelia after all she created the characters. This is chidlrish and down right ugly.

19. fno says: